AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 07:15   Link #1
OPN

Magi the labyrinth of magic [anime]

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10171.html
to be announced on sunday #30

Author: Shinobu Ohtaka

Most likely aniplex is the production company since they registered a domain for it a couple monthes back.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:35   Link #2
Kakkou
Tch.

How about we just wait until they properly announce it? As it is it's still considered unconfirmed, despite all the hints. The thread is too soon imo.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:39   Link #3
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
How about we just wait until they properly announce it? As it is it's still considered unconfirmed, despite all the hints. The thread is too soon imo.
yeah your right i shouldn't of posted it so soon so my mistake.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:42   Link #4
Tworble

Aniplex registered a domain for it? That isn't more than a hint?
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:49   Link #5
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Aniplex registered a domain for it? That isn't more than a hint?
there are actually 3 things that hint at a magi adaption. one of them was that the editor in chief of sunday said in january that magi has a big project in the works and the other being a announcment of a announcment coming soon a little before the next volume came out (which is in july). The last was the domain registration which happened in may. I just figured it was okay to make the thread since i saw someone made a thread for oi oba san which only was in discussions for anime but i really should of waited to make the thread so the mods can do whatever they want with this thread.
Old 2012-06-15, 08:40   Link #6
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
never heard, seen, read the manga & its related media before.... is that character on the cover is actually a boy or a girl?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:46   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
never heard, seen, read the manga & its related media before.... is that character on the cover is actually a boy or a girl?
He's a male protagonist after all.
Anyways, I'm going to give it a try and hope Aniplex will unleash the "secret" hints about the anime announcement.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 09:46   Link #8
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
He's a male protagonist after all.
holy shit!! so moe that i almost had a crush on "her" must've been blinded by those tomboy types these days, hope he has a Kenshiro/Kenshin vibe in him.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 10:20   Link #9
Utsuro no Hako

I'd think his giant golden ... "flute" would be a dead giveaway.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 11:24   Link #10
Kunagisa

I thought this was confirmed a while ago, just didn't know if it's OVA or anime.

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 14:22   Link #11
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
holy shit!! so moe that i almost had a crush on "her" must've been blinded by those tomboy types these days, hope he has a Kenshiro/Kenshin vibe in him.....
would you believe that he was originally meant to be a girl.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm going to give it a try and hope Aniplex will unleash the "secret" hints about the anime announcement.
yeah i'm really curious which animation studio they will assign since A-1 seems packed but i guess production IG is a possible choice. I'm worried who they will get to voice alladin though...the only one i can see working is megumi han HXH (211) gon's seiyuu.
Old 2012-06-15, 14:29   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
yeah i'm really curious which animation studio they will assign since A-1 seems packed but i guess production IG is a possible choice. I'm worried who they will get to voice alladin though...the only one i can see working is megumi han HXH (211) gon's seiyuu.
The only other VA I hope for is Hiromi Igarashi. Besides her role as Hina from PapaKiki, she voiced a bunch of feminine shotas in various otome games.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-06-15, 14:33   Link #13
OPN

Quote:
The only other VA I hope for is Hiromi Igarashi. Besides her role as Hina from PapaKiki, she voiced a bunch of feminine shotas in various otome games.
That could work the major problem in finding a good seiyuu is one that can captrue his innocence and actually sound like a 12-ish year old boy though i do not accept anyone but ai kayono voicing margona.
Old 2012-06-15, 17:02   Link #14
Katapan
俺様祭り

Aw, I reaaaaally wanted to open the thread after the official announcement. It's definitely coming, though. At this point, it's more of a matter of when and who. (Fall, Production I.G? /o/) And the timeslot, as well - I'd much rather see this on Nichigo instead of the more probable Zetsuen no Tempest, but TV Tokyo has a common past with Shonen Sunday series (the now pretty much deceased Sunday 10:00 timeslot), so it's got better odds of ending up there, I suppose...

Quote:
I'm worried who they will get to voice alladin though...the only one i can see working is megumi han HXH (211) gon's seiyuu.
That's funny because I'm not even watching HxH (I've only heard the voices from the CMs and occasional glimpse at a random episode), but I had the exact same thought and couldn't really see anyone else fitting the role that well. It looks basically impossible, though, considering she's not a regular seiyuu and all...

With that said, I'll be happy just as long as they cast Kimura Ryouhei as Ali Baba!
Old 2012-06-15, 17:17   Link #15
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Aw, I reaaaaally wanted to open the thread after the official announcement. It's definitely coming, though. At this point, it's more of a matter of when and who. (Fall, Production I.G? /o/) And the timeslot, as well - I'd much rather see this on Nichigo instead of the more probable Zetsuen no Tempest, but TV Tokyo has a common past with Shonen Sunday series (the now pretty much deceased Sunday 10:00 timeslot), so it's got better odds of ending up there, I suppose...

That's funny because I'm not even watching HxH (I've only heard the voices from the CMs and occasional glimpse at a random episode), but I had the exact same thought and couldn't really see anyone else fitting the role that well. It looks basically impossible, though, considering she's not a regular seiyuu and all...

With that said, I'll be happy just as long as they cast Kimura Ryouhei as Ali Baba!
sorry . With it being hinted at since the begining of the year i say fall seems incredibly likely and since A-1 pictures is full and manglobe is supposedly doing the savana game anime then i imagine production IG will be doing it and it will take rock lees timeslot once it ends. I say with HXH 2011 doing relatively well she'd get more roles and with magi having a chance of selling well to the josei crowd (so many bishies ) then it would be a perfect oppertunity. As for ali baba i was hoping for takahiro mizushima since he did a great job as furuichi in the beelzebub anime i actually have a cast list i thought of when i was bored one day
alladin:; megumi han
ali baba: takahiro mizushima
mar: ai kayano
sinbad: katsuyuki konishi
judal: hiroshi kamiya
casshim: romi paku
ren: aya hirano (gets shot multiple times )
ja'far: akira ishida
i doubt any of these will happen though .
Old 2012-06-15, 17:40   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
That could work the major problem in finding a good seiyuu is one that can captrue his innocence and actually sound like a 12-ish year old boy though i do not accept anyone but ai kayono voicing margona.
Of course they could get an actual boy to play the role - it's not as if studios never do it, and they're usually rewarded with better realism when they do.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:46   Link #17
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Of course they could get an actual boy to play the role - it's not as if studios never do it, and they're usually rewarded with better realism when they do.
That's kinda rare though and i don't really expect them to cast someone like that as alladin but i wouldn't mind it since i thought the girl who did rin in bunny drop was good.
Old 2012-06-15, 20:53   Link #18
Jetzero Infinity

New here

Interested to see how this goes. For the studio I'm betting on Production I.G. just because this is apparently an Aniplex title and they along with BONES are the only studios that have done long running shows for Aniplex that I can recall (Kenshin non-withstanding) and BONES is already doing Tempest (assuming this is airing in the fall) but I'm cool with whoever it is as long as it;s not DEEN.

As for seiyuu's I'm also in agreement that Megumi Han should do Aladdin if possible but if not I don't mind who it is so long as the person's good. For Alibaba I;m hoping for Akira Ishida. Not quite sure why but his voice matches the character pretty well in my mind.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 03:03   Link #19
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Deen might be possible, if only they select a good staff (like Sankarea) but most likely wouldn't happen since the studios that are going to animate the show are either I.G, A-1 or Bones.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-06-16, 03:25   Link #20
OPN

Quote:
Deen might be possible, if only they select a good staff (like Sankarea) but most likely wouldn't happen since the studios that are going to animate the show are either I.G, A-1 or Bones.
A-1 and bones are going to be busy for the fall and production IG has only announced one other show robotics notes (which is also an aniplex show) so its possible they could be doing it.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen