AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 10:18   Link #341
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Those 3 Arcs you mentioned are just as important as Skypiea. Skypie introduced Calgara and Noland. Enel is on the moon currently and Oda himself said he would return at one point of the story.

But the problem with the Norland and Calgara example is that, again, it was pretty much a self-contained story like the rest of Skypiea was. I mean for cripessakes, did you forget that the first we heard of Norland in the first place was through some bedtime story that Sanji heard as a kid!? While I like the guy myself, I also acknowledge that he wasn't as major a historical figure as guys like Fisher Tiger for instance (Norland was executed for a misunderstanding he had with his king over some gold. Tiger on the other hand was killed for being a revolutionary whom the WG perceived as a huge threat to them. Do the math).

As far as Eneru goes, I already covered him in my last post. I also suggest you read that along with this one to get a better understanding of our arguments against your complaints.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:55   Link #342
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But the problem with the Norland and Calgara example is that, again, it was pretty much a self-contained story like the rest of Skypiea was. I mean for cripessakes, did you forget that the first we heard of Norland in the first place was through some bedtime story that Sanji heard as a kid!? While I like the guy myself, I also acknowledge that he wasn't as major a historical figure as guys like Fisher Tiger for instance (Norland was executed for a misunderstanding he had with his king over some gold. Tiger on the other hand was killed for being a revolutionary whom the WG perceived as a huge threat to them. Do the math).

As far as Eneru goes, I already covered him in my last post. I also suggest you read that along with this one to get a better understanding of our arguments against your complaints.....
Noland got executioned in the Public and Calgara was the leader of his tribe. How is skypiea not important? Yeah they didn't give enough flashbacks but a brief moment how the Island progressed and the people who live there. Enel will come back so not putting in Skypiea is silly. So you're saying Fisher Tiger is more of a threat than Noland and Calgara? Yes he went to Mariejois but him going alone would be suicide. All they said is himself and there's no way he did that much damaged. That place should be heavily guarded and people in the Marines or WG who haven't been introduced kind of like CP9 members.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 23:54   Link #343
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Noland got executioned in the Public and Calgara was the leader of his tribe. How is skypiea not important? Yeah they didn't give enough flashbacks but a brief moment how the Island progressed and the people who live there. Enel will come back so not putting in Skypiea is silly. So you're saying Fisher Tiger is more of a threat than Noland and Calgara? Yes he went to Mariejois but him going alone would be suicide. All they said is himself and there's no way he did that much damaged. That place should be heavily guarded and people in the Marines or WG who haven't been introduced kind of like CP9 members.
But Noland and Calgara don't have anything to do with the current One Piece. Atleast with say Fisher Tiger, he's somewhat a key point to the plot in the New World Fishman arc. While say with Calgara or Noland, their actions didn't really have any importance on what was going on when the Strawhats arrived.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:34   Link #344
marvelB

Quote:
So you're saying Fisher Tiger is more of a threat than Noland and Calgara?

And *WHOOSH*, the entire point of my argument flew right over your head.

ILet me rephrase myself, then: Norland and Calgara's story does not hold as much weight to the OP world's current timeline as the stories of people like Roger and Fisher Tiger do. The Shandian people are virtually unknown to most people living in the blue seas, and while we did eventually learn that the tribe apparently had their origins in the moon, that info is again, known by very few people (I have zero doubt that the top brass of the WG in particular is aware of the moon people's existence, but notice that they're less than eager to divulge any of their secrets to the masses).

Now compare that to Roger or Tiger, whom EVERYONE in the blue seas knows about since they directly opposed the government during their world travels (the latter even being a revolutionary who liberated slaves from the WG's grasp, as I already mentioned). Now do you still believe that they're not more worthy of focus than some obscure natives who live in the clouds?
Old 2012-07-28, 11:39   Link #345
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
But Noland and Calgara don't have anything to do with the current One Piece. Atleast with say Fisher Tiger, he's somewhat a key point to the plot in the New World Fishman arc. While say with Calgara or Noland, their actions didn't really have any importance on what was going on when the Strawhats arrived.
Yes they do. Wiper is going to help out Luffy later on so what are you saying? The island has some void century artifacts. It's not important. They showed both of those characters in the Arc and to say they aren't important is funny. Noland and Calgara are very old not history like that is going to be known to the public.
Old 2012-07-28, 15:37   Link #346
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Yes they do. Wiper is going to help out Luffy later on so what are you saying? The island has some void century artifacts. It's not important. They showed both of those characters in the Arc and to say they aren't important is funny. Noland and Calgara are very old not history like that is going to be known to the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And *WHOOSH*, the entire point of my argument flew right over your head.

ILet me rephrase myself, then: Norland and Calgara's story does not hold as much weight to the OP world's current timeline as the stories of people like Roger and Fisher Tiger do. The Shandian people are virtually unknown to most people living in the blue seas, and while we did eventually learn that the tribe apparently had their origins in the moon, that info is again, known by very few people (I have zero doubt that the top brass of the WG in particular is aware of the moon people's existence, but notice that they're less than eager to divulge any of their secrets to the masses).

Now compare that to Roger or Tiger, whom EVERYONE in the blue seas knows about since they directly opposed the government during their world travels (the latter even being a revolutionary who liberated slaves from the WG's grasp, as I already mentioned). Now do you still believe that they're not more worthy of focus than some obscure natives who live in the clouds?

There's what I was trying to say~
Old 2012-09-24, 23:24   Link #347
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Juuuust a reminder to everyone that One Piece: Pirate Warriors will be available on the US PSN tomorrow at most likely around $49.99 for 11-12 GB. The game is already out in EU on both PSN and hard copy~
Old 2012-09-26, 09:50   Link #348
marvelB

^Not to mention that we've got confirmation of DLC now (at least for the EU version at least):

Still no confirmation that all of the Japanese version's DLC will be carried over yet, though....
Old 2012-09-26, 09:54   Link #349
Kona
Banned

That's it.. just two costumes for DLC? Doesn't seem right to me..
Old 2012-09-26, 14:38   Link #350
Rainbowman

Quote:
Funny, I count 3 costumes: Luffy Samurai, Nami Kimono, and Zoro Kimono.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 15:06   Link #351
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:

Well, if we do get ALL the DLC that's been released.... that'll be...

- a Japanese themed costume for Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, and Robin
- Nami's Strong World Costume
- Ace's Strong World Costume
- Boa Hancock's Amazon Lily's Costume

Soooo, all in all that's about 10 costumes, plus each costume comes with a new challenge for Challenge Mode.
Old 2012-09-27, 19:41   Link #352
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Funny, I count 3 costumes: Luffy Samurai, Nami Kimono, and Zoro Kimono.
Having Samurai costumes for Luffy and Nami doesn't make any sense. Zoro is understandable because he is a samurai. Luffy doesn't use swords so armor doesn't fit him and nami isn't a Wano female.

Quote:
Well, if we do get ALL the DLC that's been released.... that'll be...

- a Japanese themed costume for Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, and Robin
- Nami's Strong World Costume
- Ace's Strong World Costume
- Boa Hancock's Amazon Lily's Costume

Soooo, all in all that's about 10 costumes, plus each costume comes with a new challenge for Challenge Mode.

Adding in DLC costumes over character who are bosses/who aren't playable is a bad business move. I know there's videos of a guy hacking the game and playing characters who aren't supposed to be playable but they should be playable like the other characters in the game.
Old 2012-09-28, 15:18   Link #353
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Having Samurai costumes for Luffy and Nami doesn't make any sense. Zoro is understandable because he is a samurai. Luffy doesn't use swords so armor doesn't fit him and nami isn't a Wano female.
The costumes are actually stuff they've worn in past color spreads from older chapters (much like most of the costumes in Unlimited Adventure).

Spoiler for Luffy and Robin's costume:

Spoiler for Sanji and Chopper's costume:

Spoiler for Zoro and Nami's costume:

Abit too lazy to search out Usopp's right now~
Old 2012-09-30, 13:36   Link #354
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So who here actually bought and played this game? Seeing it is one thing, but playing it gives a true evaluation of the game. I'm still contemplating on whether or not this game is worth purchasing.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:30   Link #355
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So who here actually bought and played this game? Seeing it is one thing, but playing it gives a true evaluation of the game. I'm still contemplating on whether or not this game is worth purchasing.
I've bought it. Really, it all depends whether or not you like Dynasty Warrior or not. If you do, then I would recommend the game. Trophies don't seem that hard to get, Main Log will take about 7-8 hours to complete fully, and online is pretty fun.

All in all, just depends on hat you'd like to know about it~
Old 2012-09-30, 19:40   Link #356
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I've bought it. Really, it all depends whether or not you like Dynasty Warrior or not. If you do, then I would recommend the game. Trophies don't seem that hard to get, Main Log will take about 7-8 hours to complete fully, and online is pretty fun.

All in all, just depends on hat you'd like to know about it~
Thanks for the reply. I like the Dynasty Warriors series. They can be a lot of fun and some of them have tons of replay value. That style of gameplay is a good fit for One Piece.

1) What are the difficulty settings?

2) Roughly how many moves does each character have?

That's it for now.
Old 2012-09-30, 20:25   Link #357
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Thanks for the reply. I like the Dynasty Warriors series. They can be a lot of fun and some of them have tons of replay value. That style of gameplay is a good fit for One Piece.

1) What are the difficulty settings?

2) Roughly how many moves does each character have?

That's it for now.

Well, for difficulty.... there's Easy, Normal, and Hard. The game actually asks you what difficulty you'd like to play on when you first start the game. Hard difficulty really only seems to effect the bosses from what I've seen.... though, you do get better coins that way.

As for movesets.... it's kinda hard to say since every character's moveset is built around their fighting styles, so some movesets have more moves than others. Luffy himself has about 38 moves, plus using Gear 2nd turns all moves into "Jet" moves. I'd have to say roughly that every other Strawhat has about 25 moves, but it also depends on what equipment you have them equipped with, as some do change the moves. I also should point out that they've replaced the jumping/blocking with a simple dodge move.
Old 2012-10-01, 23:35   Link #358
Undertaker

I also bought the Japanese version, all I can say it, the fighting system is more closely resembles to Samurai warrior in that if offers more mix between square-triangle attacks and resulting combos than your usual Dynasty warrior game and the motion is more fluid almost God-of-War like.

The levels , however is extremely linear, more so than recent Dynasty Games but on the flip side, the presentation is top notch and really captures that Anime/Manga feel.

The power up system is also fun with the coins.

Overall, I'm more than satisfied with it for the first attempt. The question is how they will build upon this game in potential sequel...
Old 2012-10-01, 23:58   Link #359
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

I guess I should point this out for those who got the US version of the game, but one of the trophies is glitched right now, so it's currently impossible to get a platinum on Pirate Warriors until the patch is released.

Spoiler for Eh, minor spoilers I guess:

Namco Bandai apparantly is aware of this bug, and is working on the patch. Unfortunately they haven't given a specific date for the patch's release yet.
Old 2012-10-02, 10:53   Link #360
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I bought the game, kinda disappointed with lots of lots of detail erased during main log/story and character's inability to normally jump this kinda flatten the whole terrain of every stages and make it less interesting

but hey DW is about beating bunch of enemies into pulp and not about the story right?

Tags
ps3, video games