AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-03, 23:31   Link #621
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalFire View Post
I wouldnt mind a Euphy thread, but it might be denied since she didnt last too long.
A character discussion thread is probably too late for Euphie. However, a thread for Euphie can still be considered if you've something specific in mind to discuss about her. If you've an idea, then go ahead and post your thought on the subject in this thread. You can take a look at the Schniezel thread for an example.

P.S. If anyone needs a moderator's attention for anything, then just PM them.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 12:37   Link #622
tilley

The symbolism of light and dark in Code Geass

I would like to make a thread for this topic-

I think a really interesting aspect of the symbolism of code geass is how light and dark color schemes are used. Traditionally dark colors would be used to signify the 'bad' side while white/ light colors would be used for the 'good' side--for example with what they wear, the place they live, etc. But in Code Geass such things seem to switch around, the same way that the characters themselves seem to 'switch' in that neither side is fully good/ evil, or opposite color schemes seem to be delegated than would be expected.

For example Lelouch, though he is the protagonist and 'hero' of the story, seems to choose darker colors for everything-his Zero outfit, the uniforms of his followers (significantly named the 'black knights'), even when playing chess he always chooses black. I think that all of this is supposed to be a way to show both how he sees himself and how he wants to be seen by others--for example, the playing up of his 'dark side' (a side which he seems very much aware of, beginning with his internal monologue at the end of episode 1) can be a useful way to intimidate his enemies.

On the other hand the Britannian side seems to be portrayed in light colors, especially Suzaku and the Lancelot. This makes sense in a way considering how Suzaku believes himself to be fighting on the side of justice, against the 'terrorists'. What I think is most interesting is that by the end of the series, Lelouch is the one in lighter colors and Suzaku in dark colors. This makes more sense on Suzaku's side because by that point he doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of his own role in 'justice' anymore, but Lelouch is more confusing- after all by that point I doubt he sees himself as 'good', if he ever did. But I'll leave other people to decide on that one.

Thoughts?
tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 12:52   Link #623
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilley View Post
I would like to make a thread for this topic-

I think a really interesting aspect of the symbolism of code geass is how light and dark color schemes are used. /snip
Games & Symbolism in Code Geass.
Old 2009-09-29, 11:24   Link #624
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Is there a thread in here discussing the pilot tiers of the pilots in Code Geass? Would be great if it existed.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 11:26   Link #625
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
thats like a request for all out war
Old 2009-09-30, 04:03   Link #626
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
thats like a request for all out war
Well, at least the board will be alive again.

Old 2009-09-30, 18:25   Link #627
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Is there a thread in here discussing the pilot tiers of the pilots in Code Geass? Would be great if it existed.
I'm not sure why it may trigger an all out war, but considering Code Geass's posting trend, nothing should be taken at a face value. So may I ask for an opening post before such thread can be considered?
Old 2009-09-30, 18:42   Link #628
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
maybe it could be
list your top 3/5 pilots in order and provide explanation for your choice
provided details and factors for your opinion should include
1)battle score balance (loss vs wins, who they defeated and were defeated by)
2)type of machine used
3)most impressive performance
4)personal rational
Old 2009-09-30, 18:43   Link #629
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm not sure why it may trigger an all out war, but considering Code Geass's posting trend, nothing should be taken at a face value. So may I ask for an opening post before such thread can be considered?
The "war" it triggers is mainly Kallen vs. Suzaku fans about which pilot is the absolute best.
Old 2009-09-30, 18:48   Link #630
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The "war" it triggers is mainly Kallen vs. Suzaku fans about which pilot is the absolute best.
Thanks for breaking it down for me! Considering how passionate the Code Geass fan can become in particular discussion and with certain subject matters, I don't know if a VS thread will be a good idea. We only had to ban like half of Code Geass fans to restore order. If the need for such extreme measure rises again, then I'm afraid Code Geass fans will be an endangered species in AnimeSuki.

That said, Paladinoras still gets the chance to come up with a viable opening post which won't encourage the type of VS discussion that carries the potential to go out of hand very quickly.
Old 2009-10-01, 03:35   Link #631
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Thanks for breaking it down for me! Considering how passionate the Code Geass fan can become in particular discussion and with certain subject matters, I don't know if a VS thread will be a good idea. We only had to ban like half of Code Geass fans to restore order. If the need for such extreme measure rises again, then I'm afraid Code Geass fans will be an endangered species in AnimeSuki.

That said, Paladinoras still gets the chance to come up with a viable opening post which won't encourage the type of VS discussion that carries the potential to go out of hand very quickly.
Well, it is exactly why I said that it should be a pilot tier, not a discussion about who is THE best.

For example, like

God Tier - The best pilots of the Code Geass series, considered as the aces of their respective armies

Kallen Kouzuki
Suzaku Kururugi
Bismarck (Forgot his last name)

Ace Pilot Tier - Talented pilots, very skilled, but not quite the level of an ace yet.

Toudou
Gino Weinberg,

And so on.

It's more like a discussion about their skill levels rather than who is THE best, so technically this should not lead to a flame war.

Technically.

Old 2009-10-20, 21:14   Link #632
Gundam Meister
Setsuna F Seiei

how about a thread that fan can use to post their own custom Knightmare Frame their is a similar thread in the gundam section
Gundam Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 01:54   Link #633
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Considering how passionate the Code Geass fan can become in particular discussion and with certain subject matters, I don't know if a VS thread will be a good idea. We only had to ban like half of Code Geass fans to restore order. If the need for such extreme measure rises again, then I'm afraid Code Geass fans will be an endangered species in AnimeSuki.
I apologize. I HAVE to giggle at this.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 03:00   Link #634
GundamFan0083

Any chance we could get a Code Geass: NightMare of Nunnally (General Discussion) thread here?

Or is there already one archived somewhere in the depths of this board?
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 03:19   Link #635
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Any chance we could get a Code Geass: NightMare of Nunnally (General Discussion) thread here?

Or is there already one archived somewhere in the depths of this board?
I think there's already a Code Geass Manga Discussion thread.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 03:39   Link #636
GundamFan0083

I thought there might be, but NoN is so large (26 eps) and there are so many new characters, KMF designs, Geass powers, and such, that it may merit its own thread.
Old 2009-10-24, 03:54   Link #637
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The mods, however, will probably disagree and say the manga thread would suffice. Talking about its KMFs would also warrant use of the technology thread.
Old 2009-10-24, 03:59   Link #638
GundamFan0083

That's a lot to discuss on just one thread for both Suzaku of the Counter Attack and NightMare of Nunnally don't you think?

What about the new Characters like;

Spoiler for details about NoN:

I guess we'll just have to wait until a mod decides.
Old 2009-10-24, 04:51   Link #639
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That's a lot to discuss on just one thread for both Suzaku of the Counter Attack and NightMare of Nunnally don't you think?

What about the new Characters like;

Spoiler for details about NoN:

I guess we'll just have to wait until a mod decides.
Suzaku of the Counter attack hardly gets any discussion
most of what is being discussed in that thread is about NoN
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:11   Link #640
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Suzaku of the Counter attack hardly gets any discussion
most of what is being discussed in that thread is about NoN
I think thats reason enough to keep everything in the manga thread since it appears only one of the two are being discussed right now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote