AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-08, 11:35   Link #1181
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I wouldn't call the first one a "divergence", more like they didn't exactly have the time to have the scene go on for as long as they said it did in the novels, so they just cut it down. The second one though... yeah, that was obviously done on purpose. But hey, it was a cool scene, so I'm not complaining.
Actually, you just reminded me of this:

TV Tropes: Rule Of Cool

It does explain a lot. It's highly probable that many gave the divergences in Live A Live and Mysterique Sign a pass because well, it just conforms to the Rule Of Cool. That's not quite the case for Lone Island though, so.....
Old 2008-06-08, 17:29   Link #1182
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Would the August issue of Newtype be out before July 7th? Since the July issue is due on June 10th, I wonder. I wonder.
Old 2008-06-09, 07:24   Link #1183
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Leaked 2chan

Old 2008-06-09, 08:11   Link #1184
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Leaked 2chan

Not good enough size to analyse. But the larger scans should be out soon.
Old 2008-06-09, 08:34   Link #1185
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Not good enough size to analyse. But the larger scans should be out soon.
hope so too. I wanna see more Nagato Yuki.
Old 2008-06-09, 09:53   Link #1186
kyouray
2D > 3D

http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/06/09/haruhi/
Larger scans of NewType.
Haruhi with long hair is luv~
Old 2008-06-09, 10:01   Link #1187
Hedd
Random Object

With the obvious Christmas theme, there's a strong possability the series will be a fall airing with Kyon in a reign deer costume around December 18th. Once again speculation but it seems they're pushing alot of jingle bells in those article pictures.
Old 2008-06-09, 10:39   Link #1188
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/06/09/haruhi/
Larger scans of NewType.
Haruhi with long hair is luv~
Ah-HAA!
From the link here, it is clearly shown that the article talking about the supposed "cancellation and remake" of Haruhi season two is linked to the viral marketing at the end of 2007. The prank was described in the top-left corner, and TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Thus as I previously predicted, they were retelling the same prank for the Newtype audience.

The fact that in the other pages, the Newtype editors are "playing dumb" by wondering why Haruhi is wearing strange clothes on the front cover and why Yuki is blushing, means they are playing along.

This is settled folks! It is a prank!
############
Now the bad news.

Even though they didn't scrap any scripts and have no intention of deviating from the source material, it is plain as day that Haruhi Season 2 still isn't coming next month. This Newtype info-dump is designed to let the non-Haruhiists catch up on all the things we Haruhiists have known for a year, by explaining all the little pieces of info which were leaked earlier.

Thus Haruhi Season 2 is still right on schedule. They just wanted to warm up the audience in advance.

(Oh, note that Newtype rarely ever have art that portray Christmas except when near December, so the fact the full-color spread of the Haruhi Christmas event was used as the background means something else... like how that chapter is placed chronologically just before the "Disappearance arc", perhaps?)
Old 2008-06-09, 10:48   Link #1189
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
With the obvious Christmas theme, there's a strong possability the series will be a fall airing with Kyon in a reign deer costume around December 18th. Once again speculation but it seems they're pushing alot of jingle bells in those article pictures.
I think the odds of a January or July start are higher, as the rumors of Clannad After Story starting in fall are much stronger. At least, I've been hearing far more of them.
Though, I really hope Haruhi starts in July. Kyoani wouldn't dare take 2 seasons off... That's a ton of money lost. At least, I hope they wouldn't.
Old 2008-06-09, 12:12   Link #1190
max2k

You forget that, in Japan, for most Animes, the TV-Station don`t pay, but get payed for the Airingtime. It is posibel that KioAni only work. on the Lucky Star OVA and the rumored Clannad "Tomoyo Route" OVA.

It`s not my wish that we don`t get some TV airing from KioAni until Clannad After Story, but is it some think posibel when u think over that not the Airing but the Sponsoring and DVD sells make the mony for most Animeproductions.
Old 2008-06-09, 13:01   Link #1191
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think the odds of a January or July start are higher, as the rumors of Clannad After Story starting in fall are much stronger. At least, I've been hearing far more of them.
Though, I really hope Haruhi starts in July. Kyoani wouldn't dare take 2 seasons off... That's a ton of money lost. At least, I hope they wouldn't.
If they've only been working on it since December, it won't be out next month.

Unfortunately.

Clannad AS would probably have to be 24-odd episodes if they want to fit in the minor character arcs... so next spring for Haruhi, probably.

Dammit. ANOTHER year of waiting...

Just like some people said would happen, it's just another teaser and an "oh, thanks for buying this issue of Newtype."

Despite all the pretty artwork, you might notice that there is no actual concrete information in that article that we don't already know.

Amusingly, the fanclub website has "buy the next issue of Newtype!" as its latest announcement.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-06-09 at 13:13.
Old 2008-06-09, 17:27   Link #1192
Helioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
You forget that, in Japan, for most Animes, the TV-Station don`t pay, but get payed for the Airingtime. It is posibel that KioAni only work. on the Lucky Star OVA and the rumored Clannad "Tomoyo Route" OVA.
Newtype article says «企画作業中の京都アニメーションを取材した». It means, that work on Haruhi is currently in progress.

Also, article says «新アニメーションには"サプライズ"が重要なのだから» Translation: "New animation will be a big surprise". Probably, it will air in July, when nobody expect.
Old 2008-06-09, 17:31   Link #1193
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helioz View Post
Newtype article says «企画作業中の京都アニメーションを取材した». It means, that work on Haruhi is currently in progress.

Also, article says «新アニメーションには"サプライズ"が重要なのだから» Translation: New animation will be a big surprise.
Big surprise to the few fans who haven't read the novels, they mean... >_>

And oh good, they're working on it. Again, that means next spring.
Old 2008-06-09, 18:25   Link #1194
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

well prank thing is decided on. But seriosuly they are making us wait toooooo long. Same thing with the novel. Time gap between previous novel releases and this one is really extreme..

Just what are they doing?
Old 2008-06-09, 19:29   Link #1195
Helioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Big surprise to the few fans who haven't read the novels, they mean... >_>
They are not so stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And oh good, they're working on it. Again, that means next spring.
Working on series is progress ever during airing.

Ok, then how you explain this paragraph? (from first article)

世界中の"涼宮ハルヒ"ファンの皆さん、
長らくお待たせしました!
ついに新アニメーションが、始動するときが来た。

Translation:
Dear Haruhi-fans from all over the world,
You are probably tired of waiting!
Finally, time for the new animation is come.

And these (from second article):
ファンが待ち望んできた新アニメーションがついに動きだした。

Translation: New animation, which fans had been waiting for a long time, finally started to move.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:33   Link #1196
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helioz View Post
They are not so stupid.

Working on series is progress ever during airing.

Ok, then how you explain this paragraph? (from first article)

世界中の"涼宮ハルヒ"ファンの皆さん、
長らくお待たせしました!
ついに新アニメーションが、始動するときが来た。

Translation:
Dear Haruhi-fans from all over the world,
You are probably tired of waiting!
Finally, time for the new animation is come.

And these (from second article):
ファンが待ち望んできた新アニメーションがついに動きだした。

Translation: New animation, which fans had been waiting for a long time, finally started to move.
Heh. That first quote sounds encouraging but the second one not so much. I'm gonna stick my hopes on July 7 until it passes--not too long anyways.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:39   Link #1197
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Heh. That first quote sounds encouraging but the second one not so much. I'm gonna stick my hopes on July 7 until it passes--not too long anyways.
Judging by the way the first one is worded, it could mean something like "we've finally started to work on the damned thing."

At least they know how we feel.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:03   Link #1198
shaoron
AQS representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Leaked 2chan

already posted in the image thread

here
and large too!

as for lone island syndrome...
UNFORGIVABLE!?
My goodness! kyoani made Lone Island even better!
especially that ace attorney reference (thou i have to admit it being cheesy)! this is one of the few examples where the changes were for the better!

@kaisos
Koizumi? your favorite char!? that means you're... ga...... errr...
dango made me do it! *runs away*

joking aside... no offence but if they followed the novel and let koizumi jsut explained everything to kyon like they did in the novel, it would be boring.
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
Old 2008-06-09, 20:56   Link #1199
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Meh, I'll just w8 till July 7. Even if they are not airing S2 then, it is still important day of the whole plot. They should do something interesting for fanservice/ and more $(or yens).

As for lone island syndrome.. I really don't see problem with changing few stuffs around, I've enjoyed both of them evenly.
Old 2008-06-09, 21:00   Link #1200
Sol Falling

I didn't mind the way Lone Island Syndrome was done, but I do wish the drinking was kept in. Drinking and partying are a huge part of teen culture where I come from, and I personally liked Haruhi's attitude of not being too uptight to try it, but in the end rejecting it out of disinterest. The characters' varying levels of tolerance were somewhat amusing too.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen