Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-15, 16:56   Link #141
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
The way it reacts? I would bet it too.

In any case... lots of fangirls that I know are totally being turned-off by this. A 140MB file should NEVER take 24 hrs to download. And since the file is not found in their IRC channel either, I guess I'll get the file #1 at some point but will content myself with going for the raws.

I'm not ready to jump through hoops for this series... it's not Monster!
If they had posted -1- early copy of the file to alt.binaries.multimedia.anime before starting bt distro, I and probably others would have seen it, downloaded it, and then been happy to use that advanced copy to help them seed when the torrent was listed. All they would have had to do is say in the newsgroup post like "hey guys could you get this and then use it to help us out with the bt distro?".
Old 2004-11-15, 17:15   Link #142
Shigan
Forever a Journey

*sigh*

Well, thank gods for VideoLan's ability to play unfinished files. I've seen like 3 quarters of it now and:

KINGDOM OF CAKE??? CITY OF STRAWBERRY and PASTRY (Murbe? bad german x_x) ??? AAAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAA!!! German fans rejoice! BISHOUNEN + CANDY SHOP!!! Hoo, what more can you ask for? XD

*bangs head against monitor*

Sorry, but... XD

LOL (still 95%, *NOT* LOLish)
Old 2004-11-15, 17:48   Link #143
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
Yep, this bites. 95% complete now and I've been downloading for 16 hours. The single seed on this torrent must have Super Seed turned on.
Hmm... I think Super Seed mode is to help the original seed to destribute the file more efficiently? And super seed or not I don't understand how can something like this happen with bt distribution... the seed doesn't need to upload a complete copy to any single peer, I think it just need to upload a combined full copy to the peers and they should be able to get the parts they want from each other?
Old 2004-11-15, 17:52   Link #144
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
*sigh*

Well, thank gods for VideoLan's ability to play unfinished files. I've seen like 3 quarters of it now and:

KINGDOM OF CAKE??? CITY OF STRAWBERRY and PASTRY (Murbe? bad german x_x) ??? AAAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAA!!! German fans rejoice! BISHOUNEN + CANDY SHOP!!! Hoo, what more can you ask for? XD

*bangs head against monitor*

Sorry, but... XD

LOL (still 95%, *NOT* LOLish)
I just got VideoLan, thanks to you mentioning it in the quoted post. I'm sad that the file stopped right in the middle of the coolest part, but no matter. It was great getting to see all the dialogue-heavy bits with subs. I love the slightly formal language used in this show--when they speak, the characters come across as being very intelligent and literate, which is unusual. The conversations have a very elegant atmosphere as well.
Old 2004-11-15, 17:58   Link #145
mirichan

Mmmm...

Just saw this (http://www.livejournal.com/community...ebe/2009.html?) at the Meine Liebe comm...

Oh joy!
Old 2004-11-15, 18:20   Link #146
lamer_de

If this is really based on a dating sim, they should starting bringing in the girls in the next ep. I counted 2 females in the first episode,
Spoiler:
And those two guys whose primary objective in life seems to be talking to flowers are not getting my hopes up that this is an anime targeted at a male audience either ^_^

The OP song's rather nice though. And the animation/character design is better than the usual .hack/Noir/Avenger stuff Beetrain pulls off usually.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-11-15, 18:27   Link #147
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
If this is really based on a dating sim, they should starting bringing in the girls in the next ep.... And those two guys whose primary objective in life seems to be talking to flowers are not getting my hopes up that this is an anime targeted at a male audience either ^_^
Well, it's based on a girls' dating sim, so that probably explains the heavy male presence (just as anime based on male-targeted dating sims are often packed with pretty girls and may have very few, if any, important male characters).

However, it's not a shounen-ai dating sim, if that's what you were anxious about, and a girl does plays a very significant role in episode 2.
Old 2004-11-15, 18:37   Link #148
Anthriel
天使

Strange, I expected some pale useless female character similar to the male characters of the male equivalent of the genre. Even if a girl is introduced in the next episode, she is not even shown in the intro, she'll probably be not more than a minor character. oO
But a shoujo without romance cannot possibly exist, what are they going to do? Shounen ai?

And yeah, if you speak German, the names of the towns are quite funny. My favorite is Zwiback. It's not even written correctly. ^^;
Old 2004-11-15, 19:16   Link #149
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, since I wasn't even uploading at full speed -- most people seemed to be at 95% too -- I just disconnected and watched it. There were only a few blurs.

Well, it sure isn't a new Maou. There was not one funny second in it. (Well, not intentionally at least ... but when people have "marmalade" in their name, it is hard to keep a straight face.) It was all drab and gloomy and shadowy. But the boys were for the most part better looking than me, I must admit. (Although a couple of them looked more like girls than boys.)

I doubt I will keep watching this series. If I want depression, I'll read the news. But it is well crafted, I give them that.
Old 2004-11-15, 19:36   Link #150
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Looks like the logjam is breaking; I just flipped to seeder!

/scurries off to watch...
Old 2004-11-15, 19:47   Link #151
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Same here. :P
Old 2004-11-15, 19:48   Link #152
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
DONE!

I'll seed this episode overnight for you guys.
Old 2004-11-15, 21:01   Link #153
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Very cool I hope to see more female charcters too ^-^ I like Orphe ^-^ he is very kawaii ^-^ Yay for no shounen-ai crap I really liked the OP too
Old 2004-11-15, 21:17   Link #154
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
it looks like yaoi anime tv series to me
Old 2004-11-15, 21:34   Link #155
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Well, since I wasn't even uploading at full speed -- most people seemed to be at 95% too -- I just disconnected and watched it. There were only a few blurs.

Well, it sure isn't a new Maou. There was not one funny second in it. (Well, not intentionally at least ... but when people have "marmalade" in their name, it is hard to keep a straight face.) It was all drab and gloomy and shadowy. But the boys were for the most part better looking than me, I must admit. (Although a couple of them looked more like girls than boys.)

I doubt I will keep watching this series. If I want depression, I'll read the news. But it is well crafted, I give them that.
I probably won't continue to watch the series either. It was kind of like watching Kyou Kara Maou...minus the magic, humor, and most of the action. A series like Meine Liebe doesn't have to be so gloomy and shadowy...say for instance if the story used was a variation of "The Three Musketeers".
Old 2004-11-15, 22:12   Link #156
DaFool
Resident devil

So many seeders now...perfect for any of the few leeching.....damn I have to wait to go home to finish the last 5%, and I'm on dialup.

This will be a welcome change of pace. I look forward to watching this one. It is good that anime companies are paying attention to the girl dating sim genre and striving for good animation quality and direction. It'll be unfair if this genre is stuck with just stuff like Weiz Kreuz and Gravitation.

Now, if they can put some incestuous relationships in here ala Angel Sanctuary that will really make it a potential favorite.
Old 2004-11-15, 22:30   Link #157
wao
OK.

Hmmm, so I finally watched it, and while the show doesn't appeal to me that much because somehow I cannot feel anything or understand the characters well - they seem so distant from me - I think I'll still watch cos the boys are so pretty and all our favourite male seiyuu are here aren't they :P

Featuring!
Takahiro Sakurai as Orphe
Tomokazu Seki as Ed
Toshihiko Seki as Ludwig (<3)
Akira Ishida as Naoji
Souichirou Hoshi as Camus
Takehito Koyasu as Sir Isaac

Hehe...

Well, I guess I can look forward to see how Ludwig and Orphe sort out matters between themselves...

As for the OP and ED, I actually kind of like them - they take a little getting used to, but they've got good parts. Both are performed by can/goo, which if I'm not wrong performed the Sensei no Ojikan OP. I feel like listenign to them all over again!
Old 2004-11-15, 23:18   Link #158
Entropy
Flame warrior

I wonder...is it me or do one of the characters look like what would happen if Margaret from Madlax underwent a sex change?Not to mention fact that one of the minor characters has an uncanny resemblance to Carossur Dawn?
Old 2004-11-16, 01:05   Link #159
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, for girl characters,
Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2004-11-16, 06:44   Link #160
Trax
Rock beats scissors

What's so depressing about this? Just because it's not shiny and happy, doesn't mean it's depressing. The atmosphere may be a bit dark, but that's about it. Ofcourse it could get depressing later on, but even that won't bother me much. Nothing wrong with a little drama. As for the number of guys, that's pretty normal considering the era and location (a school in a historical setting, which was guys only at the time).

About the setting, is this really 1935? It seems older to me, more like 19th century, unless this made-up european country is rather oldfashioned for its time. As for the name, the Cake country is pretty weird.
Closed Thread