Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-19, 10:33   Link #181
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varekai
Well their names are the same for the GBA/PS2 game, but im not sure about the places ... only Kuchen ... since i dont know so much japanese.
The creators of the game sure had a lot of fun thinking up names like these, hadn't they? I think they did this for a bit of a joke or something. Afterall, the objective of the game is to "seduce bishounen" *grin*...

Anyway, I agree with Varekai, the one with Orpheus is most likely the heroine from the game. The hair colour looks similar. Then again, perhaps the female silhouette does not represent a female character in particular.
Old 2004-11-19, 10:55   Link #182
Varekai
A past life tragic ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora
Then again, perhaps the female silhouette does not represent a female character in particular.

It could be true, but there are similarities with the girl that we saw in the first and second episode, if she is the same in the opening that is the big question, at least the shape of her hairs seems to be the same, but i really dont know , until she is properly introduced to the anime, she is going to be a mystery.

It seems that episode four is about Naoji, i visited saiyaman site but its down, are there other places where i could find the raws??

If you want to know more about the GBA game , check out this link

Meine Liebe LiveJournal Community
Old 2004-11-21, 17:48   Link #183
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

I think the raw for episode 3 is MIA. At least as far as the "usual" trackers go. But I watched one of the Chinese subs -- and didn't understand anything (duh).

Spoiler for Episode 3:

/can't believe this thread fell off the first page! I've been slacking!
Old 2004-11-22, 04:46   Link #184
Asuki
1x2x1 junkie

Send a message via MSN to Asuki
Sorry if I sound rather stuipd asking this, but I just wanted to know how are the quality of the Shi-fa fansubs? Thanks.
Old 2004-11-22, 09:18   Link #185
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quality looks fine to me. And it's not like there are any alternatives unless you watch the raw or subs in another language.

Just saw the 2nd episode. I noticed during the op that the reporter guy has a motorcycle so the timeperiod of 1935 seems accurate, it's just that the school is apparently very traditional, and perhaps the country itself is in general a little behind on new technologies.

Spoiler for ep2:

On another note, I really like the op song (Shirushi by can/goo). The ed is okay too but doesn't stand out to me like the opening does. Oh, and I was rather surprised when I saw Fellini8.5 pop up in the opening credits.
Old 2004-11-22, 09:25   Link #186
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Whoa, I didn't realize episode 2 is out. I guess I know what I'll be dling/watching tonight.

Oh, and Shi-Fa's work seems pretty high-quality to me.
Old 2004-11-22, 10:20   Link #187
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini 8.5
I think the raw for episode 3 is MIA. At least as far as the "usual" trackers go. But I watched one of the Chinese subs -- and didn't understand anything (duh).

Spoiler for Episode 3:

/can't believe this thread fell off the first page! I've been slacking!
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-22, 11:07   Link #188
wao
OK.

Ep 2 was nicer than ep 1. I like Ludwig. He's so evil and not evil \o/

Althoguh if it weren't for the pretty guys and a very vague interest in their personalities I think I'd be bored to tears. Give me a Mashimo-directed episode now!!1one (I wonder if he's ever going to direct any of them)

About one particular line in the OP I don't know if it's just me or what, but has anyone heard this line, which Shi-Fa translates as "kara na ni ikou kizu wo" - the "kizu wo" part - as "kizuato"?

I swear it's not my imagination. Is it? I simply cannot hear "kizu wo". I always hear a "t"... I'm pretty sure it's "kizuato" Then again what do I know.

I myself have gotten a shameful addiction to the OP and ED. They're just so catchy, dammit. I love the instrumentation of the ED song especially. Kawatteku kimi no kao ni... oh cripes. It's only the second ep...
Old 2004-11-22, 12:13   Link #189
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Althoguh if it weren't for the pretty guys and a very vague interest in their personalities I think I'd be bored to tears. Give me a Mashimo-directed episode now!!1one (I wonder if he's ever going to direct any of them)
Do you happen to know anything about who (if not Mashimo) is directing the individual episodes? I'm curious as to whether they've had a hand in other well-known Bee Train anime.
Old 2004-11-22, 12:15   Link #190
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
He isn't?? I don't have access to any interviews or anything, but I'm pretty sure he's credited as director:

His name is the only Kanji I memorized the look of... And I'm pretty sure the rest matches the "Director" credits in other shows.

Would love to hear more detailed news/info! So much to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Oh, and I was rather surprised when I saw Fellini8.5 pop up in the opening credits.
It was just an excuse to see the episodes before everyone else... Seriously, though, I thought I might have a try at giving back to the community after being such a raving Madlax leech.
Old 2004-11-22, 14:59   Link #191
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

really nice show, the design reminds a bit of yamimatsu ^^

but i have a question : can someone confirm there will be 13 eps (as i saw in previous page) ? i think it's short......
Old 2004-11-22, 16:24   Link #192
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
but i have a question : can someone confirm there will be 13 eps (as i saw in previous page) ? i think it's short......
That's the deduction I make from this page:
http://www.meineliebe.jp/onair.html

I'm pretty sure that bar across the top denotes episode #s.

Other news from that site, it looks like there's a DVD and OST release schedule:
http://www.meineliebe.jp/goods.html
Old 2004-11-22, 17:44   Link #193
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I immensely enjoyed episode 2. You know what's funny? This show has better action than most straight-up action anime--it's very fluidly animated, stylish, and rarely takes shortcuts... but when it does, even the motion lines look great! I actually think episode 2 did a better job of showing off Bee Train's visual virtuosity (or whatever) than the first episode, and it completely avoided the typical "slump" that occurs after an extremely well-animated episode 1. Some of the artwork was just superb--for example, the Countessa's character design and the scene in which Orpherus lays his hand on the piano keys.

I'll have to add myself to the ranks of Ludwig-sama worshipers; he came off rather well in this installment, as did Ed (although he's just an insanely kind-hearted guy in general). I thought Sir Isaac's appearance was incorporated nicely, too. As for Elaine, I have to second whoever noticed that her eyes seem more "Bee Train"-ish than do the guys' eyes, but the difference isn't jarring or anything. She's quite pretty, and I hope she comes back later in the show.

It seems that siblings (or relatives, at least) are sort of becoming a theme...

Anyway--thanks again, Shi-Fa. I'm definitely looking forward to the Camus episode.
Old 2004-11-22, 17:59   Link #194
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Wait!!! I just started downloading episode 2 and you guys are already talking about episode 3!!! It's not fair!
Just curious, for those who've seen #2 already, and #3 eventually , does the music gets any better, I mean, not that it is bad or something, but does it get more relevant and proeminent?
It seems the music is one of the few things they've been kind of neglecting, all other Bee-Train animes had such strong and active Background music that it was almost impossible not to notice it...
Old 2004-11-22, 19:27   Link #195
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
It seems the music is one of the few things they've been kind of neglecting, all other Bee-Train animes had such strong and active Background music that it was almost impossible not to notice it...
I don't think they've neglected the music... it's so self-conscious that it's highly improbable that a lot of thought didn't go into it.

I've never heard such overblown hyperbolic strings <i>over everything</i>. Everything is melodrama! There is so much angst!

Don't get me wrong; I do like the series. But just try and deny that it saunters pretty close to self-parody at times.
Old 2004-11-22, 19:56   Link #196
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I know this show is based on a dating sim... so... will there be any girls in it? I mean from the looks of it all main characters are guys.
Old 2004-11-22, 20:28   Link #197
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I know this show is based on a dating sim... so... will there be any girls in it? I mean from the looks of it all main characters are guys.
It might be more accurate to say that the show is based in the same setting as a popular dating sim. My guess is that the plot and the character interactions/motivations probably won't resemble the game otherwise, except maybe superficially at best. Of course, I know nothing of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainthro
I've never heard such overblown hyperbolic strings <i>over everything</i>. Everything is melodrama! There is so much angst!
Heh. In the first episode, to me, the music was a whole lot more subdued and more like typical composed movie scores. Episode 2 cranked up the melodrama a fair bit, I admit. Especially that last bit with Ludwig being all high and mighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainthro
Don't get me wrong; I do like the series. But just try and deny that it saunters pretty close to self-parody at times.
Hmmm. It's definitely playing itself up in a bit of classical stagecraft, and could very well be trying to push the angst envelope to the max. I can just imagine everyone over in Bee Train walking around gesturing grandly and speaking oh so somberly, because I'm sure they're having a little fun with this one.
Old 2004-11-22, 21:14   Link #198
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
From the looks of Episode 2, yes. Watch it if you haven't. It's better than Episode 1, definitely.
Old 2004-11-22, 22:55   Link #199
wao
OK.

Nobody's said anything about the OP lyrics yet >:{ I guess nobody hears what is transcribed as "kizu wo" as "kizu ato"...

Mashimo is the overall director but so far he hasn't directed a single episode yet. Somebody has very kindly added in episode credits for Meine Liebe on AnimeNewsNetwork encyclopedia...

Ep 1:
Script: Akemi Omode (It is fairly common for the series composition person to write most of the script.) Previous works - Screenplay for .hack//SIGN (Bee Train), Arc the Lad (Bee Train), Gravitation (Studio Deen/Sony), Kyou Kara Maou! (Studio Deen), Gundam Wing (Sunrise/Bandai), Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX (Studio Gallop/TV Tokyo)
Storyboard: Kouji Sawai Previous works - Director for .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (Bee Train), Ranma 1/2 (Studio Deen/Kitty Films - season 2-5), Storyboard for .hack//Legend of the TWilight Bracelet (Bee Train), .hack//SIGN (Bee Train), Avenger (Bee Train), Script for Ranma 1/2 (season 4 and 5)
Episode Director: Maya Kawamo Previous works - Storyboard for Avenger (Bee Train) [it may be for one episode or a few, I dunno]
ANimation director: Minako Shiba (Character designer for the show. Character design usually means that you are a good animation director as well. When the character designer is the animation director for any sequence or whatever, it's usually well done. Especilaly if they do key animation - they designed the characters, after all! They know how to draw them best.) Previous works - Character design for .hack//SIGN (Bee Train), Madlax (Bee Train), Noir (Bee Train). Animation (director) for .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (Bee Train), Avenger (Bee Train), Mujin Wakusei Survive (Madhouse/NHK)

Ep 2:
Script: Akemi Omode
Storyboard: Hiroshi Morioka Previous works - Unit Director (Episode director...?) for .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet and .hack//SIGN (We all know it's Bee Train...). Storyboard for .hack//UNISON OAV (Bee Train), Director for Domain of Murder OAV (Studio DEEN)
Episode Director: Hiroshi Morioka (it is not rare to see the same person do storyboarding and episode direction)
Animation Director: Yuko Iwaoka Previous works - Animation director for .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, .hack//SIGN, Avenger (all together now, BEE TRAIN!), also Character design for .hack//SIGN

Ep 3:
Script: Akemi Omode
Storyboard: Tomoyuki Kurokawa Previous works - Storyboard for Avenger (Bee Train) [Again this may be one ep or many, I dunno]
Episode DIrector: Tomoyuki Kurokawa
ANimation Director: Yukiko Ban Previous works - Animation Director for .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, .hack//SIGN, Avenger, Character Design for .hack//SIGN, Avenger, Key Animation (I'm guessing that's what it is) for NGE: EoE (GAINAX - for movies it is quite common to get key animators from many studios and also sub-let animation out to other studios)

Ep 4:
Script: Hiroyuki Kawasaki (He is the other script-writer.) Previous works - Script/Series Composition/Scenario [they're about the same] for AFter War Gundam X, Bedaman, Goddanar, Gravitation OAV, Kikou Keisatsu Metal Jack, Mouse, Ogon Yuusha Goldran, Ranma 1/2 (Season 2), Sakura Taisen OVA and TV, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Samurai Pizza Cats, Sorcerer Hunters, Tactics, Tales of Eternia, Tekkaman Blade II (I'm too lazy to type in the studio names. No BeeTrain?!)
Storyboard: Kouji Sawai
Episode Director: Masayuki Kurosawa previous works - Storyboard/Episode Director for .hack//Legend of the TWilight Bracelet, Avenger, Editing for .hack//Liminality
Animation Director: Yoshiaki Tsubata Animation Director for .hack//SIGN, Arc the Lad, Avenger, Eden's Bowy (Studio DEEN), Inuyasha Affections Touching Across Time movie, Key animation for some other stuff I've gotten too lazy to write. (Since he is the animation director for at least some eps of .hack//SIGN and so on, it usually means he is fairly used to the art style of that show. However Key ANimators may usually have to switch styles around if they're doing key animation for different designs...)

Yoshihisa Hirano did the music for this show. His previous works are music for Air Master, Hanada Shounen-shi, Midori no Hibi, Sensei no Ojikan, Shichinin no Nana.

Right!
Old 2004-11-23, 00:47   Link #200
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, there are girls, but I'm not sure if there will be recurring girl characters with some significance...
Closed Thread