AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-26, 20:42   Link #241
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Oh... of course you did... that'll teach me to... um... just not read through people's posts properly. Sorry about that. Lanithro is absent-minded.

Blah blah Ludwig Episode 3 Blah
Spoiler:

Magus IX: Yeah... it is out... not many seeds though; don't all of you jump on it at once and make it freak out like the first one did.
Old 2004-11-26, 20:47   Link #242
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
But what can we conclude from this? Ludwig is actually as cold and heartless as he looks and incapable of doing an altruist act out of his free will? To be honest, even though I'm not very fond of Ludwig myself, I'm inclined to believe that he really meant to help them at the moment (the fact that he also increased his popularity among his fanboys and teachers also helped )
well, if he really is absolutely cold and heartless, he shouldn't help Orpherus even when asked by Naoji
Old 2004-11-27, 08:00   Link #243
Lanithro
ridiculous dandy

Heheh. Episode 4.

A short piece of translation. Note that this is not a literal translation, but I feel it captures the mood and meaning of the dialogue, if not the precise wording.

Ludwig talks to Naoji. About 4 minutes in.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-27, 08:53   Link #244
wao
OK.

LMFAO, that is seriously hilarious, Lanithro...

Honestly speaking, I'm about to give up this series, episode 3 was just so meh to me, somehow all the characters don't seem natural AT ALL... Like the first part, they always RANDOMLY meet... The dialogue - no, not the wording, since I don't know Japanese, but the meaning - seemed pretty boring...

I feel too distant from this series, and even the prettiness of the boys can't keep me watching if it's going to continue like this...

But oh well, I really really like the OP and ED, so..
Old 2004-11-27, 11:16   Link #245
Entropy
Flame warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
Episode 2 was an improvement on 1, though I agree that the plot needs to start moving faster--angsting and (shounen-ai-hinted) friendship and bishounen-ish-ness is nice...
Faster moving plot?In a Beetrain show?
Old 2004-11-27, 11:47   Link #246
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
Faster moving plot?In a Beetrain show?
Haha, nicely put.

After watching episode 3, I'm a little confused about the exact nature of
Spoiler:

Also, I don't know if this has been addressed before, but is Naoji really a Strahl candidate? I mean, he's from another country... I assume he's not actually a citizen of Kuchen, but I could be wrong.

The piano music at the very beginning of ep 3 is absolutely ravishing. This episode has taught me that Orpherus is a complete master of the cool entrance, heh. It was as though he just had to one-up Ludwig's sudden appearance.

It seems that "You are not alone now," or some variation thereof, is Orpherus's catchphrase... he says it at the end of every next-episode preview, and at least once during the body of episode 2. It's not so bad, as catchphrases go, but not nearly as cool as something like "You killed my father--prepare to die!"
Old 2004-11-27, 12:00   Link #247
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I can't even access to animesuki torrents main page now Well, I'm getting 03 right now, from shi-fa home page...
Old 2004-11-27, 14:01   Link #248
domino
デレデレ

Episode 3 seemed kind of awkwardly done, but it made me like Camus more. ^^ Poor little kid...

... and is it just me, or did Camus have a deeper voice when he was a little kid than he does now?
He hit puberty backwards!!
Old 2004-11-27, 14:23   Link #249
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I think his voice just didn't change all that much. Actually, before the show started airing I was surprised when I found out he wasn't going to be voiced by a woman--his character design is feminine enough that the (relatively) low voice sounds pleasantly incongruent. I was similarly surprised when I heard the same seiyuu play Sky Blue (another young-looking pretty boy) in Melody of Oblivion.
Old 2004-11-27, 15:00   Link #250
Varekai
A past life tragic ending

Episode 3 was interesting i knew from playing the game that Camus had "strange powers" but now i have a reason to understand him better, an explanation that why he is so kind , especially with Ludwing

Im waiting for episode 4 ! i really want to know if there is some relation with Naoji`s story in the games and the one in the anime!!!

Spoiler for Episode 4 spoiler spoiler spoiler!!!:
Old 2004-11-27, 15:35   Link #251
MartAnimE
willingness to die

I just finished watching episode 3. The plot was kinda weak this time imo, but thankfully for Camus, he doesn't have any deceased or long-lost relatives Anyway, the chibis are as cute as ever

Spoiler for Chibi Camus with sad eyes:

Spoiler for Chibi Camus with cute eyes:

Spoiler for Chibi Ludwig dramatic posing:

I don't understand why wouldn't Camus's Father-sama and Mother-sama (this sounds so weird ) let him play outside with the other kids... was it because the other kids despised him because of his psychic powers or because he could talk to flowers and that would freak people out? ... maybe he only started to be able to "talk" to flowers, because he was a lonely child... poor Camus
Also, I didn't knew "Camus" was actually pronounced "ka-mi-us", and they still didn't say what was the blood relation between Ludwig and Camus, if they were gonna say it this was the perfect episode for that...
Well, Isaac oficially revealled his name and that girl is talking now (yay) so I guess the plot is moving... slowly, but moving...
Old 2004-11-27, 16:07   Link #252
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
thankfully for Camus, he doesn't have any deceased or long-lost relatives
Yeah, but his parents are still weird. Notice everyone has some strange family members:

Spoiler:

Notice here:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-27, 16:23   Link #253
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Yeah, but his parents are still weird. Notice everyone has some strange family members:

Spoiler:

Notice here:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-27 at 18:52.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:32   Link #254
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Is it a fact that there actually is a blood relation between Camus and Ludwig? He could be a newphew of some sort, but also just the son of some business relations of Camus' parents or something. Anyway, I liked this Camus episode. Oh, and Rosenstolz academy is starting to look like a gossip house. Where's the dignity that Rosenstolz is supposed to represent? If not for people like Ludwig the gossips would run rampant.
Old 2004-11-27, 16:57   Link #255
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
You mean Orpherus's sister, right?

In episode 2, when Beruze is talking to Eduard's step-mother, he says something about
Spoiler:

I'm wondering about the importance of the blimp-thing in the sky, symbolic or otherwise... in episode 1, it definitely functions as a bad omen, but I'm not sure about the purpose of showing it at the very end of episode 3. Some kind of foreshadowing?
Old 2004-11-27, 18:51   Link #256
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
You mean Orpherus's sister, right?
lol yeah, Orpherus' sister of course I missed the word... I'll edit it right away

Quote:
In episode 2, when Beruze is talking to Eduard's step-mother, he says something about
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-27 at 19:13.
Old 2004-11-27, 21:05   Link #257
auriya

And of course, Ludwig manages not to smile in that screencap even though he's getting married.

Btw, anyone else noticed the ominous blimp of doom hanging around a lot? It's in the first episode just before Orph hears about his sister dying and floats past again at the end of episode 3. I think it might be in the OP as well. Does this foreshadow something, perhaps?
Old 2004-11-27, 22:04   Link #258
wao
OK.

Ahhh, suddenly I want to watch ep 4 just to see that preview of Ludwig in a suit, it suits him so well (no pun intended)! But then again I bet you he looks good in ever ything...

What is a bit funny is that someone as feminine and gentle as Camus is not that his seiyuu voices someone similarly gentle like SKy BLue in MoO, but that his seiyuu voices an angsty teenager called Kira and an even more violent angsty teenager called Yuuki And a troublesome little brat called Son Goku ...

I still am going to end up dropping it if all the stilted conversation continues, but then... It's only 13 eps so I guess no big problem...
Old 2004-11-27, 22:59   Link #259
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
I'm wondering about the importance of the blimp-thing in the sky, symbolic or otherwise... in episode 1, it definitely functions as a bad omen, but I'm not sure about the purpose of showing it at the very end of episode 3. Some kind of foreshadowing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
Btw, anyone else noticed the ominous blimp of doom hanging around a lot? It's in the first episode just before Orph hears about his sister dying and floats past again at the end of episode 3. I think it might be in the OP as well. Does this foreshadow something, perhaps?
You guys are both rigth! I have noticed it before but I didn't gave it much importance... it could indeed have been used as some kind of foreshadowing... but why didn't they used it in episode 02 as well if that was the case? (at least I didn't noticed it)... it would be cool if this was some kind of thing we could look for in every episode, like that silly black cat who appears in every single Trigun episode anyway, pics above

Yes, it's in the OP as well...

Episode 01

Episode 03
Old 2004-11-28, 10:24   Link #260
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Thanks for the screenshots! Let's see... weren't blimps used for war or something related to war around this time in history (1935)? Of course I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about, but maybe someone else who does can comment.
Closed Thread