AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 23:36   Link #5861
gordol
Banned

I can wait thanks

About Epyon using Vulcans in the final duel inside Libra...

This text from GPF claims White Fang customized Vulcans on the head(though from that angle if they fire they'll tear the antennas...).

Fan wank much?

Last edited by gordol; 2014-02-01 at 23:50.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 00:26   Link #5862
FalsePrime

The proto version of Epyon(that is in the package of Box Set II) actually had ranged weaponry including a beam canon. On top of that, it's shield is gigantic. Really interesting seeing that after knowing Epyon we do for so long.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 01:00   Link #5863
blacksun128

Thanks for the pictures and info FalsePrime, so Snow White has Blue eyes, its just strange because in its first appearance it seems to have green eyes even though its not much noticeable

blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 01:18   Link #5864
FalsePrime

Im not sure we can really say they where green in that picture. Don't get me wrong, I assumed they where green myself, but when we look at the Beam Saber, the color of the eyes could be different. Granted it's not the blue of the Scythe, but given the haze surrounding the eyes, even there the color could be something between the two.
Old 2014-02-02, 10:31   Link #5865
gordol
Banned

pic drama is out, FTD Tsuginaru Tatakai

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by gordol; 2014-02-02 at 11:17.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 13:28   Link #5866
FalsePrime

Like I mentioned yesterday, I love the new graphic for the Zero computer. It looks really nice.
Old 2014-02-02, 16:18   Link #5867
Destined_Fate

So what's all this about Quatre's sister being a magnet for multiple male characters wanting her?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 18:09   Link #5868
Tendou Souji

See is in a triangle with Phobos and Mil. The Phobos thing seems to be pandering to the 3X4 fans. The Mil thing is for drama I guess.

I want to know the original plans for this novel. It wa supposed to be 10 volumes but I would love to know what it was supposed to cover exactly. Even the length of the earlier volumes was padded by flashbacks and the like.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 22:51   Link #5869
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Time to dig out my translation of this... if I can remember what bloody chapter it took place in 0_o;

Edit: This is a direct lifting from the novel... at least the text on screen and dialogue is. Seems they glossed over some other points.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2014-02-03 at 00:35.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 06:10   Link #5870
Halberd
ARX-6

so many awesome mecha illustrations, too bad I'm too lazy to take screens and put them together on photoshop

nah, someone'll probably do it
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 08:21   Link #5871
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Time to dig out my translation of this... if I can remember what bloody chapter it took place in 0_o;

Edit: This is a direct lifting from the novel... at least the text on screen and dialogue is. Seems they glossed over some other points.
I already made a subtitle of that. Dialogue is almost the same, but the text on screen is different. It's the same meaning from novel, but you can not just copy that from former translation.

Sumizawa's best love, Walkürenritt was deleted from pic drama.
NTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 09:54   Link #5872
Nickiweston

Thanks Falseprime and gordol for those screenshots on the picture drama!

@Falseprime - Sorry if I didn't quote you with this question still figuring out how too! XD

Anyway did you get the picture drama with the second blu ray boxset to Wing?
also where's the best place to nab the blu ray's from? (I would love to own them myself)
Nickiweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 13:22   Link #5873
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
Walkürenritt..? I can't seem to recall what that was...

The ZERO system looks so sharp now, you can really see what they were aiming for some 15 years ago. OH, if only they had had the budget to work in this level of detail in the original series!

And I'm glad to hear that they edited out all those flashbacks. A ton of them were so unnecessary in the story.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 15:35   Link #5874
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickiweston View Post
Thanks Falseprime and gordol for those screenshots on the picture drama!

@Falseprime - Sorry if I didn't quote you with this question still figuring out how too! XD

Anyway did you get the picture drama with the second blu ray boxset to Wing?
also where's the best place to nab the blu ray's from? (I would love to own them myself)
Yeah. The Picture Drama comes with Blu Ray box set 2. Box Set 1 comes with a Double Box to hold Set 1 and 2 which features Proto Zero and Epyon EW on it so in some way it does include some Frozen art.

As for pick ups, I grabbed my copy from Amiami. They have really competitive prices as far as imports go, so I grabbed it there. I will be grabbing the new EW and Odds/Evens BR Box Set from there as well.

You can also check out cdjapan, that is who Import the new releases of Glory and Frozen Teardrop from. They get pre orders up early, where as alot of other places take a while, and some never bother with the Novels/Manga.
Old 2014-02-03, 16:38   Link #5875
wingzerosnuggles

@NTC Any chance you could share the subs?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 19:07   Link #5876
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
I already made a subtitle of that. Dialogue is almost the same, but the text on screen is different. It's the same meaning from novel, but you can not just copy that from former translation.

The dialogue is a direct copy of the novel, save for a couple tweaks. Instead of father saying sumanai, he says 'ja', etc. The on screen text is a direct lifting from the novel as well. Then again, I can easily tell considering I started at them long enough :P Don't know what translation you're talking about though haha

Eeni, NTC is referring to Valkyrie.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 20:10   Link #5877
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks FalsePrime and gordol.

Not gonna lie, hearing the old music and voices had me smiling through the whole thing (for some reason Heero's voice seems to have dropped a notch, too?). And it's amazing to see how much FT improves once you omit flashbacks and Wagner. I can't help but laugh at that, actually. Sunrise basically agrees that the flashbacks are completely unnecessary. xD I had some trouble shaking the feeling that I was watching Wing (especially due to the music and whenever Phobos talked. and you know, the cloning), but I'm touched at how nicely this has been put together.

So yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Though I'm dying to see now if Odds&Evens will have new animation (indeed, FalsePrime, that description does sound odd).

EDIT: There's a goof in the Duo pic at the 11:11 mark. He has a braid again. :B

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2014-02-03 at 20:20.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 20:17   Link #5878
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The dialogue is a direct copy of the novel, save for a couple tweaks. Instead of father saying sumanai, he says 'ja', etc. The on screen text is a direct lifting from the novel as well. Then again, I can easily tell considering I started at them long enough :P Don't know what translation you're talking about though haha

Eeni, NTC is referring to Valkyrie.
I thought to make a such sub is just ctrl c and ctrl v. But when I search the screen text from my former translation, i found it a little different from the former discription.

@wingzerosnuggles, all my translation are in Chinese, I'm afraid it won't help, but you can use google translate,http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJnq72N

@Eeni, Sumisaza used Walkürenritt=Valkyrie as a bgm for the battle between two epyon in novel, in the latest release he mentioned that again. Or may be he was not happy that staff deleted it from the drama?

Last edited by NTC; 2014-02-03 at 20:43.
Old 2014-02-03, 20:30   Link #5879
NTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Yeah. The Picture Drama comes with Blu Ray box set 2. Box Set 1 comes with a Double Box to hold Set 1 and 2 which features Proto Zero and Epyon EW on it so in some way it does include some Frozen art.

As for pick ups, I grabbed my copy from Amiami. They have really competitive prices as far as imports go, so I grabbed it there. I will be grabbing the new EW and Odds/Evens BR Box Set from there as well.

You can also check out cdjapan, that is who Import the new releases of Glory and Frozen Teardrop from. They get pre orders up early, where as alot of other places take a while, and some never bother with the Novels/Manga.
for the copy of FT and GOL, one can also get that from kindle store in Amazon.co.jp, a competitive price, no additional fees and lower price than books. You can get the complete illustration just by using screenshot.
The only thing to worry is that if your country can activate the account directly or you must use a vpn
Old 2014-02-03, 21:02   Link #5880
FalsePrime

Quote:
for the copy of FT and GOL, one can also get that from kindle store in Amazon.co.jp, a competitive price, no additional fees and lower price than books. You can get the complete illustration just by using screenshot.
The only thing to worry is that if your country can activate the account directly or you must use a vpn
The only problem is I'm one of those damn dinosaurs who still want physical copies of stuff.

To me it's not quite the same if I can't flip the pages and feel the book in my hands.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing