Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-22, 21:41   Link #1221
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Republicans really never have anything better to do with their lives huh?
IMO the worst thing is that I see Obama to have done many things that, in my view, are "bad", and deserve to be held to account.

But Republicans NEVER attack him for it! Republicans only assault Obama on matters that were clearly false or entirely illusions of a loony. Where's the attacks on the NSA or the funding of Syrian terrorists?

Obama is no saint, but the GOP is clearly completely insane.
Old 2014-06-23, 13:58   Link #1222
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Nothing more hilarious than the Republications, they seriously don't believe in climate change.
Old 2014-06-24, 22:11   Link #1223
AnimeFan188

John Boehner Is Getting Ready To Mount A Potentially Gigantic Lawsuit
Against Obama:

"House Speaker John Boehner could file a lawsuit against President Barack Obama
in days, in an attempt to challenge the administration's heavy use of executive
actions to further its agenda.

Roll Call's Daniel Newhause reports Boehner told House Republicans during a
closed-door meeting on Tuesday he could have an announcement in the coming
days on whether he will mount the legal challenge. According to the report, he has
been "consulting with legal scholars" ahead of his next move.

Boehner's office confirmed the Roll Call story, but declined to comment on whether
specific executive actions would be targeted. Any legal action by Boehner would
be a significant and somewhat unprecedented challenge to executive power."

See:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/john-b...223218310.html
Old 2014-06-24, 22:56   Link #1224
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

If he isn't challenging the NSA, I am not interested.
Old 2014-06-25, 11:27   Link #1225
GDB

It's not like the NSA is Obama's baby. The republicans are just as responsible for it, which is why no one's attacking it.
Old 2014-06-25, 12:27   Link #1226
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not like the NSA is Obama's baby. The republicans are just as responsible for it, which is why no one's attacking it.
The Republicans can just PRETEND they are not responsible for the NSA. After all, they pretended that Obamacare wasn't a Republican idea. So why not do it here? Just act like they have nothing to do with it, lie on television like they always do, and just shut down the NSA with a straight face. Can't they use their shameless skills of deception for the greater good?
Old 2014-06-25, 12:57   Link #1227
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. top court in major ruling to protect cellphone privacy
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0F01R320140625
I wouldn't had expected a unanimous ruling on that subject, at least not from the current court.
Old 2014-06-25, 13:43   Link #1228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Can't they use their shameless skills of deception for the greater good?
Not when it means they'd lose something they like.
Old 2014-06-25, 15:15   Link #1229
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

This guy (Boehner) is totally running out of ideas. No wonder why the GOP is doing badly when they have someone with this kind of sheer incompetence despite the fact that I see weaknesses with Obama as well.
Old 2014-06-26, 21:43   Link #1230
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Boehner is using taxpayer money for this bullshit unacceptable. You guys hear Michele Bachmann on Fox news, she's so stupid
Old 2014-06-27, 00:27   Link #1231
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
This guy (Boehner) is totally running out of ideas. No wonder why the GOP is doing badly when they have someone with this kind of sheer incompetence despite the fact that I see weaknesses with Obama as well.
Obama may not be a great leader but at least he and his party isn't obstructing the legislative process at every chance they get. There's a reason why the current Congress is called worse than the 80th Congress (which should have its title, "Do-Nothing Congress", stripped and given to the current Congress).

Seriously, the GOP is trying everything short of assassinating Obama
Old 2014-06-27, 07:26   Link #1232
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Obama may not be a great leader but at least he and his party isn't obstructing the legislative process at every chance they get. There's a reason why the current Congress is called worse than the 80th Congress (which should have its title, "Do-Nothing Congress", stripped and given to the current Congress).

Seriously, the GOP is trying everything short of assassinating Obama
They might have a higher chance of the latter getting done than anything they've tried throwing at him before.

Heck, I'm surprised Obama has managed to last as long as he has right now, with so many idiots throwing hissy fits purely because he was black and had some ideas that the average people didn't seem to approve of.

The Reps clearly need to find themselves a better hobby than suing Obama for every little thing.
Old 2014-06-27, 07:44   Link #1233
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
They might have a higher chance of the latter getting done than anything they've tried throwing at him before.

Heck, I'm surprised Obama has managed to last as long as he has right now, with so many idiots throwing hissy fits purely because he was black and had some ideas that the average people didn't seem to approve of.

The Reps clearly need to find themselves a better hobby than suing Obama for every little thing.
Obama pardoned GWB for everything he did as President when he was elected. This is tradition done by all presidents before him, and why GWB is painting cats instead of being charged for warcrimes. If Republicans want this tradition abolished, I would be most amused at the far reaching consequences.
Old 2014-06-27, 09:40   Link #1234
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

The sad part is that this entire lawsuit is likely a response to Obama getting ready to use executive action to cut carbon emissions. Basically, a more intense version of the pushback seen whenever the EPA tries to do its duty to protect the environment and human health. It's just like the pushback we have seen when the Clean Air Act was proposed and corporations and politicians cried that it would destroy industries and kill jobs. It's just like the pushback when legislation was introduced to cut back on emissions of acid rain components. Each time this happened, lobbyists and politicians cried 'apocalypse' and nothing happened. It honestly just pisses me off.

Republicans complain about how they claim democrats are 'wasting' taxpayer money when in reality they actually wasting taxpayer money on idiotic stunts like this.
Old 2014-06-27, 10:14   Link #1235
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Obama pardoned GWB for everything he did as President when he was elected. This is tradition done by all presidents before him, and why GWB is painting cats instead of being charged for warcrimes. If Republicans want this tradition abolished, I would be most amused at the far reaching consequences.
Uh, sorry, I have to call BS on this one. You cannot pardon someone until they've actually been covicted of a crime.

The term you're probably looking for is immunity, but even then you'd still be wrong - despite what you may see in movies and TVs, the POTUS cannot grant immunity from prosecution, that would have to come from the prosecutor and be granted by a court, and even then that's only limited to federal prosecution, not state.

The.idea that Bush would be tried for warcrimes.if mot for.these mythical pardons is also outlandish. In what court are you going to bring your case to? The ICC that the US is not a part of?
Old 2014-08-02, 02:44   Link #1236
AnimeFan188

Pentagon Official: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger
To The United States:

"Joseph Miller is the pen name for a ranking Department of Defense official with a
background in U.S. special operations and combat experience in Iraq and
Afghanistan. He has worked in strategic planning.

The report is in, and the review of the president’s foreign policy is clear: If there is
not an immediate course-reversal, the United States is in serious danger.

In 2013, the United States Institute for Peace, “a congressionally-created,
independent, nonpartisan institution whose mission is to prevent, mitigate, and
resolve violent conflicts around the world,” was asked to assist the National
Defense Panel with reviewing the Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR). The
National Defense Panel is a congressional-mandated bipartisan commission that’s
co-chairs were appointed by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.

On July 31, the National Defense Panel released its long-awaited report on the
effects of the QDR and delivered its findings to Congress. The panel pulled no
punches — its findings were a scathing indictment of Obama’s foreign policy,
national security policy, and defense policy. The panel found that president Barack
Obama’s QDR, military force reductions, and trillion-dollar defense budget cuts are
dangerous — and will leave the country in a position where it is unable to
respond to threats to our nation’s security. This, the panel concluded, must be
reversed as soon as possible.

In particular, the report addresses the need for the administration to return to
the flexible response doctrine — a policy where the military was tasked with being
capable of fighting two wars at the same time. Given the current state of affairs
and the threats posed to our nation, the panel felt that the two-war doctrine was
still required to meet our nation’s national security challenges. The man-power
reductions and budget cuts are both reflections of this change in policy, so it must
be altered before that is possible."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-offic...024816529.html
Old 2014-08-02, 07:10   Link #1237
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Federal Employee Gets Fired After Writing An Article Criticizing Nukes
Old 2014-08-05, 03:37   Link #1238
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Pentagon Official: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger
To The United States:

"Joseph Miller is the pen name for a ranking Department of Defense official with a
background in U.S. special operations and combat experience in Iraq and
Afghanistan. He has worked in strategic planning.

The report is in, and the review of the president’s foreign policy is clear: If there is
not an immediate course-reversal, the United States is in serious danger.

In 2013, the United States Institute for Peace, “a congressionally-created,
independent, nonpartisan institution whose mission is to prevent, mitigate, and
resolve violent conflicts around the world,” was asked to assist the National
Defense Panel with reviewing the Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR). The
National Defense Panel is a congressional-mandated bipartisan commission that’s
co-chairs were appointed by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.

On July 31, the National Defense Panel released its long-awaited report on the
effects of the QDR and delivered its findings to Congress. The panel pulled no
punches — its findings were a scathing indictment of Obama’s foreign policy,
national security policy, and defense policy. The panel found that president Barack
Obama’s QDR, military force reductions, and trillion-dollar defense budget cuts are
dangerous — and will leave the country in a position where it is unable to
respond to threats to our nation’s security. This, the panel concluded, must be
reversed as soon as possible.

In particular, the report addresses the need for the administration to return to
the flexible response doctrine — a policy where the military was tasked with being
capable of fighting two wars at the same time. Given the current state of affairs
and the threats posed to our nation, the panel felt that the two-war doctrine was
still required to meet our nation’s national security challenges. The man-power
reductions and budget cuts are both reflections of this change in policy, so it must
be altered before that is possible."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-offic...024816529.html
Much like any recent president I consider Obama a direct danger to the United States as neither party has any respect for the Constitution, the armed forces, or the laws they serve to protect really. I think that's the bigger threat as opposed to maintaining our overstretched military hegemony. Of course, excessive military spending, seeking of new wars to guard against so called invisible threats (sup war on terror) have done a superb job of destroying the country anyways. There's also the aggressive stances the US takes that necessitates even more need for force. Even after all these draconian laws inspired by the war and terror, I don't exactly feel safer. I mean, why are we even conceptualizing fighting two wars at the same time? Bismark was right, after all.

There is no question that there are aggressors around the world, but at the same time it is reckless to look always to means of force when people today are suffering and dying in our streets due to lack of care. The delusion of the US being the world's policeman has got to stop, since it's clear we can't even take care of our own people, much less everyone else's. It's simply irresponsible to put soldiers' lives at risk in such a casual fashion.

Anyhow, the Cold War is over though I hope we haven't forgotten the stockpiles of nuclear weapons and if two powers were to come to blows that all the conventional weaponry isn't going to save us. If the start of the 21st century hasn't been clear enough that expensive military endeavors haven't caused a big enough mess yet, we can always look at what happened to the Soviet Union.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-08-05, 03:45   Link #1239
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
See, what I personally wonder about is what never makes it into print- the lobbyists behind all the political decisions. I personally don't care for the US being world police or fighting in these "wars" (for the record, I am from the US)... but I half suspect that the reason this continues is because people who profit off war situations are pulling subtle strings.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2014-08-05, 03:50   Link #1240
Mentar
Banned

Archon Wing: If you consider it wrong that America imposes themselves as policeman of the world (a position I share), how comes that you criticize _Obama_ for it, who in fact tries to keep out of most crisis scenarios? As opposed to the Republicans, especially their still-weakened Neocon wing, who demand exactly the opposite?

Just curious.
Closed Thread