AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 6 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-05, 23:27   Link #21
alex_drian

Well folks, we are back after, how many?...6 years or so? The wait was long but at the last, we are here for the next 6 months. Let's try to get along.

The prodigy son returns. And despite I can identify a introductory chapter in ALL THESE FUCKING YEARS never read 14th vol. so I don't know how was the adapting of the LN, but seeing it of a general point of view was good and don't feel very cramped. My judgment will start in 15th vol.

Regarding the OP, You give by Mami Kawada was better (is the song that I think fit as the first OP of Index III in metal simulations that I've been doing all this years) but don't get me wrong, is a good song, inferior to Mami Kawada (in my opinion) but appropriate. The visuals are almost as I imagined they would be all this years, so is good seeing them. Overall is a good Opening.

Spoiler:

Really, watch and anime based in a LN that you read is a indescribable experience. Maybe some I should read vol. 8, 9 and 11 of NT that I skipped for real life stuff before the anime catch with me some day.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 23:44   Link #22
Wandering Soul

OP was okay, but it is starting to grow on me. I like the ED, I just wish there was more going on in it.
Old 2018-10-06, 01:57   Link #23
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Cheesiest lines ever.
I meant the ost. The lines... are engrish...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 03:59   Link #24
Five_Overs

Really disappointed so far. I presume this isn't the same director as season 1 and 2? He does a poor job of generating any sort of excitement. The Oyafune reveal, the supersonic plane ride and the plane jump are all so low energy. The music being used in those scenes were also really subdued in a supposed exciting scene... The comedy feels off point too.

Last edited by Five_Overs; 2018-10-06 at 04:14.
Five_Overs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 12:19   Link #25
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Okay, I have seen the episode proper now. I think the first episode was done well. They trimmed the fat the content being adapted and managed to keep the original intent of the scenes.

I am guess two more episodes to wrap up this arc. There is still enough content and action left in this arc that I doubt it could be condensed into one episode.

Did Index only appearance for the first wile really have to include a shower scene and Index getting mad at something Touma had no control over. It is this kind of screen time that makes Index my least favourite character.
Old 2018-10-06, 21:48   Link #26
ramlaen

Good start, excellent place to end the first episode.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 22:33   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We're back baby!

God I missed these characters, but at the same time it certainly feels like their antics are dated 10 years ago, was there really a need to have FOUR different tsuntsun reactions in one episode???? I suppose it's to emphasize the bad luck nature of Kamijou. But damn is it old then and now it's practically ancient.

Imagine Breaker sounds different this time, in fact the sound effects for a few things are different this time.

One thing I can appreciate is going right back into the overall plot of the story without, it's like they never left a 5+ years gap >_> I guess they figured the only ones who would still stick around are the core fanbase. It's an average episode, so hopefully they'll build up from it. I have been out of the game for awhile now so it's as good as going in fresh for me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 22:34   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We're back baby! God I missed these characters, but at the same time it certainly feels like their antics are dated 10 years ago, was there really a need to have FOUR different tsuntsun reactions in one episode???? I suppose it's to emphasize the bad luck nature of Kamijou. But damn is it old then and now it's practically ancient.

Imagine Breaker sounds different this time, in fact the sound effects for a few things are different this time.

One thing I can appreciate is going right back into the overall plot of the story without, it's like they never left a 5+ years gap >_>
I love your avatar.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 22:36   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I love your avatar.
Credits to EroKing and the who gave approval
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 00:02   Link #30
Chosen_Hero

Just watched the episode and thought it was great, definitely don't understand the complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Did Index only appearance for the first wile really have to include a shower scene and Index getting mad at something Touma had no control over. It is this kind of screen time that makes Index my least favourite character.
Exactly, that is definitely one of the reasons I grew to dislike Index so much, about the only thing that I will hate about this season will be her whole biting shtick that had definitely grown stale and overstayed it's welcome by the end of OT (get ready to see it quite a bit). If anything, I have also noticed that I don't hate LN Index as much as anime Index, but that might be because she is less annoying (for obvious reasons) in NT.
Old 2018-10-07, 10:31   Link #31
Vaans
NEET

AFter 8 years of waiting...Index is finally back. Its hard to believe I've been waiting for so long. Time sure pass. I felt like back through time when Index II was out. It' so nostalgic.

Episode 1 is okay. We get to see the characters I missed like Misaka. Also some nice panty shots. Heh. I think the slice-of-life parts where there to reminisce about the characters at first and the later half to set it up a little for what's coming next.

I'm flooded with so many good and interesting animes to watch. I'm happy that Index is back. Its
hard to believe that its back and it take time to sink in because waiting for eight years is so long.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 17:11   Link #32
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I saw the episode and I loved it. I burst out laughing when Touma said Fukou Da, it made my day.
Old 2018-10-07, 17:32   Link #33
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I'd more or less say that this episode was to get anime-onlies back to speed, and they did a good job at what they needed to adapt. I dont understand the prior complaints.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 20:32   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I'd more or less say that this episode was to get anime-onlies back to speed, and they did a good job at what they needed to adapt. I dont understand the prior complaints.
Because people always find something to complain about. I didn’t find anything wrong with the episode either. Aside from certain girls being way too hostile towards him, as usual. (it’s no wonder he tries to avoid Mikoto) But I guess that’s part of the whole “Fukou da!” thing.
Old 2018-10-08, 03:28   Link #35
Side-streetdog

I still kind of disappoint even I don't put much hope in Index anime

They had show most of casts are good and all for series that had been missing for years
OP and ED are not bad, but not stand out either
Tone and pace are look slow and yet progress was rush like former seasons
But with this season where a lot of arcs are in it, I can understand why they rushed
Just execution was bad

And hell, for all that happened to Kamijou in first episode
We got only 1 "Fukou da"? I was expected 2-3 Fukou da here!

All criticizes and jokes aside this is still one of my favorite series (more because LN than anime)
Since they can done right with Railgun anime, I hope they would finally done a justice for Index anime
Old 2018-10-08, 13:04   Link #36
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Regarding the OP, You give by Mami Kawada was better (is the song that I think fit as the first OP of Index III in metal simulations that I've been doing all this years) but don't get me wrong, is a good song, inferior to Mami Kawada (in my opinion) but appropriate. The visuals are almost as I imagined they would be all this years, so is good seeing them. Overall is a good Opening.
You're not the only one who misses Mami Kawada's work. But she retired in the time between Index II and Index III, unfortunately. Had Index III come out earlier she might have still been willing to contribute another OP and/or ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Because people always find something to complain about. I didn’t find anything wrong with the episode either. Aside from certain girls being way too hostile towards him, as usual. (it’s no wonder he tries to avoid Mikoto) But I guess that’s part of the whole “Fukou da!” thing.
I'm waiting to see if the author will finally make Kamijou snap, say "I've had it!" and swear off any female character who's violent to him in the future. People can only take so much of that kind of hostility.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 14:18   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm waiting to see if the author will finally make Kamijou snap, say "I've had it!" and swear off any female character who's violent to him in the future. People can only take so much of that kind of hostility.
Completely out of character. When he snaps, I'm pretty sure he will just, as they say, "awaken to a new world".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 16:23   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'll have to watch a few more episodes before determining if I should give up on this franchise or not. Season 2 was a total clusterfuck for me that I barely understood what was going on and why, so I'll have to see more content before I can get a firmer grip on what's happening (and thus consequently care about what's happening).

I lament the death of decent comedy in this series, though. I noted in my Season 2 review that the jokes are now pretty much 90% juvenile Accidental Pervert gags, where as before it started off a lot more varied and creative. If this episode was anything to go by, it seems Season 3 will continue the trend.

Also, you couldn't give just a tiny little cameo for Saten? Fuck you.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 19:48   Link #39
Callum18
Fukou da

Loved the episode 10/10!

It feels so good to be watching this series again.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 08:10   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes! After years of waiting, a new season of Index. Plus another Railgun anime and the new Accelerator anime as well!
Glad to see the Raildex gang back again.