AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 09:36   Link #50301
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I need to pick you guys' brains for a bit.

What fruit do you associate with the color gold? How about silver? And white?
Old 2014-01-23, 09:48   Link #50302
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

If it's gold, then mango. White, it's garlic. And Silver...No idea. It's really standing out colour on nature, and so not the favorite of fruits for beasts could easily spot them.

But how about grape? They call it white, but I think it's silver with chalk white.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 11:35   Link #50303
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

mango or starfruit

as for silver, IDK

Grape is either dark purple, light green, or brown (the color of wine)
Old 2014-01-23, 23:34   Link #50304
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Damn I already gave Kanzashi Ryuhohahaha. But white grape makes a lot of sense too.

I know! White Uchigane gets Grape, Kanzashi shall get the MELON. Even uses a beam longbow alongside racks and racks of missiles.

UchiGold has the Mango and I'm still looking for a silver fruit.
Old 2014-01-23, 23:53   Link #50305
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@Meister

The moment you asked about fruits, I knew what you're up to.

BTW, which Lockseeds would you give to the others?
Old 2014-01-24, 00:00   Link #50306
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Meh, a Dragonfruit is red on the outside but the inside, it looks grey-ish.

You're really not going to find a normal fruit for a gray/silver color. I typed in 'grey fruit' and was getting Fruit of the Loom pics of shirts and underwear...
Old 2014-01-24, 00:05   Link #50307
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I was thinking hey these uchigane have no theme! And Fruit Ninja said hi, followed by me looking down on my screen where UchiRed declares that "it's OUR stage now!" That I got cracking.

So, as a fruit ninja sentai, it would be:

Red - Ringo
Yellow - Banana
Green - Melon (Kanzashi insists its SUIKAAAAA)
Blue - Blueberry
Pink - Momo (in b4 PRINCESS PEACH jokes)

Haven't thought of the domyoji team's and ninja teams fruits yet.

It's still pretty half-assed and it grinds with their role call "Hyakka Rouran!" - "hundred flowers in wild bloom".

Think I'll have better luck with flowers as a theme. But what the hell is a silver flower?
Old 2014-01-24, 00:10   Link #50308
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Tulips. It's posrible to archive Black or Silver. Or, in some rare cases, Orchids grow on stone.
Old 2014-01-24, 00:12   Link #50309
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... oh no, you just now crossed Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls/IS for me... and I *HATE YOU* for it! ... something distracting, something distracting...

The girls activating their IS Samurai powers via a kiss...XD And Madoka =/= Juubei... 0.o... oh - damn.
Old 2014-01-24, 00:22   Link #50310
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I didn't cross it for you; it was already crossed from the moment I decided to run with samurai girls.

And also I cast Aoi Yuuki as UchiRed/Orimura Kaoru. AKA Jubei.

Just stopped short of calling them Meister Samurai.

This is also why I wanted both Karon and Kaoru in the same idol unit. Their voices, Ayana and Aoi, are a duet called petit milady.

Okay flowers it is! But now what to do with Kanzashi's melons?

Wait that didn't come out right--

*is MELON SODA'D*
Old 2014-01-24, 00:23   Link #50311
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Why am I thinking about Sekirei now?

Again, how badass Chifuyu would be a Master? We all know how powerful is her, but also how manipulate is her?
Old 2014-01-24, 00:40   Link #50312
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Because, melons. Or even SUIKA. Exa su su me don't give up IKUZE!

CLEAVED for random singing
Old 2014-01-24, 00:49   Link #50313
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Very random indeed. However I could forgive any level of lunacy for what Samurai Girls brought to the table. And to do this with IS...

Behold! This is Great Japan~!

Meister, you are a genius. An evil genius, but a genius nonetheless. XD
Old 2014-01-24, 01:49   Link #50314
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
But now what to do with Kanzashi's melons?
Did she have any--

SLAP!

Kanzashi: Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!

Okay, okay. I'm not mentioning it again.

BTW Meister, how about an Uchigane armed with a Sonic Arrow, or some Energy Lockseeds?

Or for simplicity, just a Matsubokuri LS.

EDIT: If the strongest female pilot is called Brunhilde, should her male counterpart be called Siegfried then?
Old 2014-01-24, 03:23   Link #50315
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Very random indeed. However I could forgive any level of lunacy for what Samurai Girls brought to the table. And to do this with IS...

Behold! This is Great Japan~!

Meister, you are a genius. An evil genius, but a genius nonetheless. XD
The beautiful country that married grace with technology, our Great Japan.

Alas, at times, beauty is sinful! The foreign world grew jealous of our beauty and used our grace against us, binding us with rules like leaden chain over and over.

The lurking demons stir!

Great Japan's life is a small flame standing in a gust of wind!

But you!

Do not worry!

And you!

Do not fear!

For Great Japan... There are deities protecting!

Hyakka Rouran!

This is the legend of Teikoku Sentai Uchikenger!

(I love how I get to demonize the Anti IS Proliferation Treaty in the prologue.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
BTW Meister, how about an Uchigane armed with a Sonic Arrow, or some Energy Lockseeds?

Or for simplicity, just a Matsubokuri LS.
I might consider that as a future idol but for now the furthest I've gotten is Fourze in terms of references.
Old 2014-01-24, 04:20   Link #50316
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is just weird...

And do you know that Tokyo is named "City of Lust" by a lot of tourist?

So, the Uchigane's chasis that is used for the Sentai, any chance for self-evolution?
Old 2014-01-24, 05:13   Link #50317
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good lord, the answer to Fire's question grew too long! This and the timeline question will be addressed in a later post! ><
Old 2014-01-25, 10:13   Link #50318
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Talk about "realistic" idols came back to me today while reading Infinite Stratos Vandam I. Amongst the myriad of characters we're introduced to, there's a brief cameo of Karon's older brother Kajie, and his secret lover the so-called "Number One Idol Of ASEAN" and pilot of the original IS Vandam, Lee Qixiang.

The current year is 2021. 4 years ago, a war erupted in South East Asia which led to the rise of this idol, the concept of Idol Stratos, and resulted in the formation of the Foundation. And my readers' first impression of The First Vandam is "what kind of an idol are you?!"

That was deliberate. Qixiang is a flawed individual propelled by the circumstances into something far bigger than herself. But ironically, that is what an idol was about, since she's someone who managed to not only survive the cutthroat business before IS came along, but continued to manipulate things to suit her favor. If Tabane is the closet neutral evil inventor, then Qixiang was her kin.

Qixiang's career began in Perth, Australia, as a child actress in a long-running serial drama. She moved on to bigger things as she got older, using methods like pillow business and subtle maneuvers to get ahead of the game. However, she was no big shot or anywhere near huge fame. Qixiang lived a hand-to-mouth life using her two main assets: her razor-sharp wit and her tremendous exotic beauty. That was business as usual for idols backstage, and goodness knows how many lives she destroyed just trying to get by prior to 2011.

When IS was invented, her regional mobility increased, and she was doing some minor gigs with the MOBA scene as a shoutcaster. Qixiang's twitter page was a sporadic blast of selfies with less and less clothes. She did a brief stint as a Community Manager in a computer game about spreadsheets, but ditched the game soon after realizing that it was not yielding the fortune she wanted.

It was actually kharma which saw her "earn" a gig as "Commander For A Day" in the fledgling DART center testing ASEAN's newest IS frames. Qixiang had made someone angry, and that someone was related to someone else plotting to attack Prof Thongu's facility, and led to a long chain of events which had her parading around a DART base singing for soldiers and inspecting IS frames. As history retells, the Caliphate launched a covert assault on the heavily defended base, overwhelming them with their ridiculous IS walkers powered by drugged comatose women. Qixiang the survivor in her scramble for safety boarded the Vandam unit and leveled the entire attacking force in a mad rage. This bought enough time for Qixiang and Prof Thongu to escape on a stealth frigate and join a DART fleet hastily scraped together and tasked to retake the southern half of ASEAN.

While initially moody and irritated to be thrust into combat, she later realize that her unit's escapade at the DART base was being played up by state media. Using her old j00t00b channel, Qixiang broadcast herself dancing on the deck of an aircraft carrier and singing, while sending a message of hope to her fellow people.

At every step of the way, Qixiang put up a show to whip the shaken continent into a frenzy. Meeting with Tabane herself made matters even worse, as Shinonono's evil genius met with Qixiang's narcissism and exploded into some kind of media monstrosity dressed as a saviour from above. Nevertheless, Qixiang's talent at flying the Vandam, her ridiculous kill count, Tabane's manipulations and DART's eagerness to use every advantage they can get elevated Vandam's prestiege into dizzy heights.

A real Idol. Based on a huge lie, but real nonetheless. Qixiang would meet many more characters, including DART ace Gou Kajie, and eventually (inadvertably) save Karon and instill in her a... misplaced(?) faith in Vandam.

The war ended, the Copernicus was lost, Tabane disappeared, but Qixiang left a hero and an Idol, worshipped till this very day. She got the fame and fortune she finally wanted, and along the way did grow... somewhat as a person.

Then one day, Karon became a Vandam pilot.

[Infinite Stratos Vandam I] will detail a brief meeting between Karon and Qixiang where she declares herself to be Karon's rival, and leaves. Karon, the ever optimistic one, accepts the challenge and hopes to one day meet her idol for real. Qixiang on the other hand sees that the IS combi of Karon, Gin and Rise as a real challenge to her myth and by putting herself as a rival, sets herself up to capitalize on SHOOTiNG ST@R's stellar rise.

Things however do grow bitter when she finds out that Tabane was behind the SHOOTiNG ST@R initiative, and yet Qixiang, a normal person, was thrown away after she outlived her usefulness. Also, as the ST@R's grow in fame, Qixiang finds herself sliding back into the darkness she crawled out from...

The existence of Lee Qixiang and her double existence leaves an intriguing character in my setting to exploit. Because, talented as they may be, no single Idol Stratos after Qixiang has had real combat experience, or the determination to get what she wants, no matter the cost.

What will The First Vandam do next? How will the idol who wears a mask in plain sight return to the story? Will she be a friend, or foe?

Interesting thoughts indeed.
Old 2014-01-25, 16:28   Link #50319
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... oh no, you just now crossed Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls/IS for me... and I *HATE YOU* for it! ... something distracting, something distracting...

The girls activating their IS Samurai powers via a kiss...XD And Madoka =/= Juubei... 0.o... oh - damn.
no, chifuyu is jubei. madoka is gisen.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 20:25   Link #50320
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Talk about "realistic" idols came back to me today while reading Infinite Stratos Vandam I. Amongst the myriad of characters we're introduced to, there's a brief cameo of Karon's older brother Kajie, and his secret lover the so-called "Number One Idol Of ASEAN" and pilot of the original IS Vandam, Lee Qixiang.

The current year is 2021. 4 years ago, a war erupted in South East Asia which led to the rise of this idol, the concept of Idol Stratos, and resulted in the formation of the Foundation. And my readers' first impression of The First Vandam is "what kind of an idol are you?!"

That was deliberate. Qixiang is a flawed individual propelled by the circumstances into something far bigger than herself. But ironically, that is what an idol was about, since she's someone who managed to not only survive the cutthroat business before IS came along, but continued to manipulate things to suit her favor. If Tabane is the closet neutral evil inventor, then Qixiang was her kin.

Qixiang's career began in Perth, Australia, as a child actress in a long-running serial drama. She moved on to bigger things as she got older, using methods like pillow business and subtle maneuvers to get ahead of the game. However, she was no big shot or anywhere near huge fame. Qixiang lived a hand-to-mouth life using her two main assets: her razor-sharp wit and her tremendous exotic beauty. That was business as usual for idols backstage, and goodness knows how many lives she destroyed just trying to get by prior to 2011.

When IS was invented, her regional mobility increased, and she was doing some minor gigs with the MOBA scene as a shoutcaster. Qixiang's twitter page was a sporadic blast of selfies with less and less clothes. She did a brief stint as a Community Manager in a computer game about spreadsheets, but ditched the game soon after realizing that it was not yielding the fortune she wanted.

It was actually kharma which saw her "earn" a gig as "Commander For A Day" in the fledgling DART center testing ASEAN's newest IS frames. Qixiang had made someone angry, and that someone was related to someone else plotting to attack Prof Thongu's facility, and led to a long chain of events which had her parading around a DART base singing for soldiers and inspecting IS frames. As history retells, the Caliphate launched a covert assault on the heavily defended base, overwhelming them with their ridiculous IS walkers powered by drugged comatose women. Qixiang the survivor in her scramble for safety boarded the Vandam unit and leveled the entire attacking force in a mad rage. This bought enough time for Qixiang and Prof Thongu to escape on a stealth frigate and join a DART fleet hastily scraped together and tasked to retake the southern half of ASEAN.

While initially moody and irritated to be thrust into combat, she later realize that her unit's escapade at the DART base was being played up by state media. Using her old j00t00b channel, Qixiang broadcast herself dancing on the deck of an aircraft carrier and singing, while sending a message of hope to her fellow people.

At every step of the way, Qixiang put up a show to whip the shaken continent into a frenzy. Meeting with Tabane herself made matters even worse, as Shinonono's evil genius met with Qixiang's narcissism and exploded into some kind of media monstrosity dressed as a saviour from above. Nevertheless, Qixiang's talent at flying the Vandam, her ridiculous kill count, Tabane's manipulations and DART's eagerness to use every advantage they can get elevated Vandam's prestiege into dizzy heights.

A real Idol. Based on a huge lie, but real nonetheless. Qixiang would meet many more characters, including DART ace Gou Kajie, and eventually (inadvertably) save Karon and instill in her a... misplaced(?) faith in Vandam.

The war ended, the Copernicus was lost, Tabane disappeared, but Qixiang left a hero and an Idol, worshipped till this very day. She got the fame and fortune she finally wanted, and along the way did grow... somewhat as a person.

Then one day, Karon became a Vandam pilot.

[Infinite Stratos Vandam I] will detail a brief meeting between Karon and Qixiang where she declares herself to be Karon's rival, and leaves. Karon, the ever optimistic one, accepts the challenge and hopes to one day meet her idol for real. Qixiang on the other hand sees that the IS combi of Karon, Gin and Rise as a real challenge to her myth and by putting herself as a rival, sets herself up to capitalize on SHOOTiNG ST@R's stellar rise.

Things however do grow bitter when she finds out that Tabane was behind the SHOOTiNG ST@R initiative, and yet Qixiang, a normal person, was thrown away after she outlived her usefulness. Also, as the ST@R's grow in fame, Qixiang finds herself sliding back into the darkness she crawled out from...

The existence of Lee Qixiang and her double existence leaves an intriguing character in my setting to exploit. Because, talented as they may be, no single Idol Stratos after Qixiang has had real combat experience, or the determination to get what she wants, no matter the cost.

What will The First Vandam do next? How will the idol who wears a mask in plain sight return to the story? Will she be a friend, or foe?

Interesting thoughts indeed.
They still use Twitter?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest