AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-10, 22:36   Link #2821
Sphire

So, I'm guessing Mio winning is a surprise. Especially since Yuki still manages to win in the exhibition (though Hina is much weaker). Shana trouncing Taiga isn't really a surprise, but damn, it does mean they absolutely knocked Taiga out of necklace contention.

As for the necklace, it will be a two-way Stella fight. Yui is the only girl with a high SDO from Nova, but she's way weaker (even though she is AB). So from Mio vs Shana, I've no idea who will win.

As for final league placement, Azusa's lost knocks her down to 6th, but it's not so bad since Yui's win promotes her to 11th, meaning they will face each other in post-season 1 (if things are formatted that way...I'm assuming here). So she's practically guaranteed entering the all important round 2 of PS1. Shame for Yui, but it's not like Nadeko has much hope against Yuki anyway. Tomoyo makes it in ahead of Louise, but again, not looking to go much further.

In Nova, Inori finishes 9th, allowing her to take on 8th place Kobato. But there seems to be a significant drop from 8th to 9th that it probably doesn't matter. Three girls finished with 29 wins anyway, Kirino, Sena and Kobato, with Kirino finishing on top.

I don't really expect anyone to beat a top 8 in their respective group come PS1, but an influx of voters could change any established list.

And lastly, I fully expect SAO to trounce Fate/Zero. Especially now.
Old 2012-09-11, 04:45   Link #2822
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Let's see I am happy Kyouko & Yui won there match, but now I have to pick between Kyouko and Astorotte next round . While I'll be voting for Shana on the necklace and Tomoyo for the other match.

Also I noticed the exhibition directory doesn't list all the exhibitions like it did in the past years, with the double matches twice each round has it become too many to list there?
MAL
Old 2012-09-11, 05:54   Link #2823
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Man, that was a long, painful, regular season!

Part of is me is glad the abuse is over... now to vote on the topaz necklace and on to the eliminations!
Old 2012-09-11, 07:20   Link #2824
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post

And lastly, I fully expect SAO to trounce Fate/Zero. Especially now.
Really? Saber is one of the strongest regular season girls in ISML 2012. And Fate/Zero and Type Moon are every bit the giant that SAO is.

The timing certainly helps SAO, but you make this sound like a curbstomp, which I very much doubt it will be.
Old 2012-09-11, 13:26   Link #2825
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Really? Saber is one of the strongest regular season girls in ISML 2012. And Fate/Zero and Type Moon are every bit the giant that SAO is.

The timing certainly helps SAO, but you make this sound like a curbstomp, which I very much doubt it will be.
Well, I've of course been wrong plenty of times before!

I just see Saber as a Tier 2 girl in terms of strength, from a Tier 2 show in terms of popularity. Where I see SAO as a Tier 1 show in terms of popularity. No idea where Asuna ranks personally, but she is the only real representative from SAO. Plus I'm pretty sure she has a lot of fans.

Another reason being the pairing itself. While Saber got stronger from Fate/Zero, she didn't really explode in power. And as great as Emiya was, he was always going to suffer in the end (being that the show was a prequel). In my eyes at least. And the pairing wasn't exactly sparkling in the show itself. The SAO pairing on the other hand, is a core romance.

And finally, while we don't know how the influx of voters for the necklace round will vote, they obviously don't care enough about Saber to vote in regular rounds. And these will be primarily K-On and Shana fans.

Of course I can be wrong, but I still expect Asuna to easily win. Shows I don't particularly like with girls I don't particularly like tend to do very well in ISML, so that flows too! haha.
Old 2012-09-11, 15:17   Link #2826
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Azusa's loss could've been the best sacrifice that can happen to K-ON! fans because it allows Mio to win the Topaz necklace.

About Asuna vs. Saber, don't forget that Saber has the advantage of being in an old anime and new anime, so Saber is probably both more widely recognize and fresh in people's minds. The reason I think it will be too close to call instead of an outright Saber win is because of the Kiritsugu pairing. Separately, they are good characters, but that partnership has never been very good.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:03   Link #2827
Team Rocket Elite

It seems like Mikoto is winning this year as well. Tenshi only managed 59% on Kuroneko while Mikoto hit 61% on the far stronger Nakano Azusa. It's not like K-On is in a slump since Mio just smashed Yuki. Assuming none of the previously existing voters changed their voting habits, 80-90% of the new voters voted Mikoto over Azusa. The existing voters were expected to have 49-54% support for Mikoto. That's a pretty unbelievable difference. Mikoto had a Diamond 7 spike last year that turned out be to completely real so I think this is probably her real strength. A lot of Mikoto's supporters seem to only show up for the last match of the regular season and the playoffs. If Mikoto is to have any competition, it looks like it'll be Shana who had a similarly good performance against Taiga. However, it's not quite as impressive since Shana tends to overperform against other Kugimiya Rie characters. To close of their year, Tsumugi, Mikuru and Kyou had solid Topaz 7 performances. So did Suzutsuki Kanade and Makise Kurisu. Tachibana Kanade is going to have to work harder if she wants to take home the grand prize this year.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:33   Link #2828
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
It seems like Mikoto is winning this year as well. Tenshi only managed 59% on Kuroneko while Mikoto hit 61% on the far stronger Nakano Azusa. It's not like K-On is in a slump since Mio just smashed Yuki. Assuming none of the previously existing voters changed their voting habits, 80-90% of the new voters voted Mikoto over Azusa. The existing voters were expected to have 49-54% support for Mikoto. That's a pretty unbelievable difference. Mikoto had a Diamond 7 spike last year that turned out be to completely real so I think this is probably her real strength. A lot of Mikoto's supporters seem to only show up for the last match of the regular season and the playoffs. If Mikoto is to have any competition, it looks like it'll be Shana who had a similarly good performance against Taiga. However, it's not quite as impressive since Shana tends to overperform against other Kugimiya Rie characters. To close of their year, Tsumugi, Mikuru and Kyou had solid Topaz 7 performances. So did Suzutsuki Kanade and Makise Kurisu. Tachibana Kanade is going to have to work harder if she wants to take home the grand prize this year.
As much as I dislike the prospect of Misaka winning twice in a row, I still prefer it over Kanade , though if Shana could somehow win it would be awesome .
MAL
Old 2012-09-13, 01:55   Link #2829
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still two and a half weeks until post season matches start.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:05   Link #2830
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

ARENA 01: Yui Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena [Shana] Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori Harukaze Chiharu [Toshinō Kyōko]
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria Bernkastel Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell [Funami Yui]
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria [Yui] Nagato Yuki
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora Yuzuriha Inori [Kuroi Mato] Sakagami Tomoyo Illyasviel von Einzbern Louise Valličre
ARENA 06: Shinomiya Ayase [Abstained] Hanekawa Tsubasa
ARENA 07: Tomoe Mami [Abstained] Kawashima Ami
ARENA 08: Hotogi Shirayuki [Abstained] Yūki Mikan
ARENA 09: [Kirigaya Kazuto, Yūki Asuna] Emiya Kiritsugu, Saber
Old 2012-09-13, 10:07   Link #2831
stormtrooper

ARENA 01: Yui Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena [Shana] Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 02: [Sakurazaki Setsuna] Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori Harukaze Chiharu Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria Bernkastel Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell [Funami Yui]
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria Yui [Nagato Yuki]
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora Yuzuriha Inori Kuroi Mato [Sakagami Tomoyo] Illyasviel von Einzbern Louise Valličre
ARENA 06: Shinomiya Ayase [Hanekawa Tsubasa]
ARENA 07: [Tomoe Mami] Kawashima Ami
ARENA 08: Hotogi Shirayuki [Yūki Mikan]
Old 2012-09-13, 10:33   Link #2832
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ARENA 01: Yui Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena [Shana] Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato ----> I'm Shana fanboy... deal with it!
ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori [Harukaze Chiharu] Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko [Takayama Maria] Bernkastel Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria Yui [Nagato Yuki]
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora [Yuzuriha Inori] Kuroi Mato Sakagami Tomoyo Illyasviel von Einzbern Louise Valličre
ARENA 06: [Shinomiya Ayase] Hanekawa Tsubasa
ARENA 07: Tomoe Mami [Kawashima Ami]
ARENA 08: [Hotogi Shirayuki] Yūki Mikan
ARENA 09: [Kirigaya Kazuto, Yūki Asuna] Emiya Kiritsugu, Saber ---> debut time for this awesome couple
Old 2012-09-13, 10:45   Link #2833
Deathscyther

ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna [Astarotte Ygvar] Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori Harukaze Chiharu Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko [Takayama Maria] Bernkastel Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri [Kanzaki H. Aria] Yui Nagato Yuki
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora [Yuzuriha Inori] Kuroi Mato Sakagami Tomoyo Illyasviel von Einzbern Louise Valličre

Go Shana, Kirito and Asuna!
Old 2012-09-13, 10:50   Link #2834
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

ARENA 01: [Yui] Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena Shana Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura [Misaka Shiori] Harukaze Chiharu Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria Bernkastel Misaka Kaori [Angelina Nanatsu Sewell] Funami Yui
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi [Shiina Mayuri] Kanzaki H. Aria Yui Nagato Yuki
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora Yuzuriha Inori Kuroi Mato Sakagami Tomoyo [Illyasviel von Einzbern] Louise Valličre

Go Yui! (Can't vote for her in arena 4 though with Mayushii there too)
Old 2012-09-13, 11:01   Link #2835
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Pretty easy round. Shana is my favorite girl in the Necklace match itself, and she has a chance at winning it, so easy vote there. I went back and forth on Team SAO vs. Team Fate Zero but I eventually went with Team SAO since I think they make a better pair than Team Fate Zero (I still don't think this match will be a curbstomp for either side though).

ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura [Misaka Shiori] Harukaze Chiharu Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria [Bernkastel] Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora Yuzuriha Inori Kuroi Mato [Sakagami Tomoyo] Illyasviel von Einzbern Louise Valličre
ARENA 08: Hotogi Shirayuki [Abstained] Yūki Mikan
Old 2012-09-13, 11:36   Link #2836
Sphire

ARENA 01: Yui [Akiyama Mio] Kashiwazaki Sena Shana Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato ---> Easy given the few real candidates
ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori [Harukaze Chiharu] Toshinō Kyōko
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura [Kushieda Minori] Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria Yui Nagato Yuki --->MINORIN!!!!
ARENA 09: [Kirigaya Kazuto, Yūki Asuna] Emiya Kiritsugu, Saber ---> I wasn't going to vote initially, but I figure I'll feed the hype
Old 2012-09-13, 11:38   Link #2837
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

ARENA 01: Yui Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena Shana Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki [Hasegawa Kobato]
ARENA 02: Sakurazaki Setsuna Astarotte Ygvar Index L. Prohibitorum Yoshino Sakura Misaka Shiori Harukaze Chiharu [Toshinō Kyōko]
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori [Katagiri Yūhi] Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria Yui Nagato Yuki
ARENA 08: [Hotogi Shirayuki] Yūki Mikan

Asuna is surely overrated
Old 2012-09-13, 13:16   Link #2838
Dextro
He Without a Title

ARENA 01: Yui [Akiyama Mio] Kashiwazaki Sena Shana Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria Bernkastel [Misaka Kaori] Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 05: Konoe Subaru Mikazuki Yozora Yuzuriha Inori Kuroi Mato Sakagami Tomoyo [Illyasviel von Einzbern] Louise Valličre

Well that wasn't particularly hard aside from Arena 04 and even then it wasn't because there were a lot of strong contenders but simply because I was unsure whether to vote for Nagato or Sakura.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:55   Link #2839
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

RENA 01: Yui Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena [Shana] Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria [Bernkastel] Misaka Kaori Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 04: [Matō Sakura] Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria Yui Nagato Yuki
ARENA 09: Kirigaya Kazuto, Yūki Asuna [Emiya Kiritsugu, Saber]

Old 2012-09-13, 14:23   Link #2840
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Here we go...

ARENA 01: [Yui] Akiyama Mio Kashiwazaki Sena Shana Kanzaki H. Aria Nagato Yuki Hasegawa Kobato
ARENA 03: Konoe Konoka Tōjō Koneko Takayama Maria Bernkastel [Misaka Kaori] Angelina Nanatsu Sewell Funami Yui
ARENA 04: Matō Sakura Kushieda Minori Katagiri Yūhi Shiina Mayuri Kanzaki H. Aria [Yui] Nagato Yuki
ARENA 06: Shinomiya Ayase [Abstained] Hanekawa Tsubasa
ARENA 07: Tomoe Mami [Abstained] Kawashima Ami
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament