AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 11:39   Link #261
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ep2 was just as good as the 1st one. I am sold - i am definitely sticking with this one

So, Maria now knows about the "misunderstanding" at the park... but Nagi doesn't. I bet this will be brought up at one point later down the road... possibly as one of the final "obstacles" that will get in the way of Hayate x Nagi.

Speaking of Nagi - she is indeed a very interesting character (and cute ) and she is in to manga/anime ... not to mention she is very straight forward about how she feels about Hayate . And the way she was going ~kyaa when imagining that Hayate was kissing her was cute and funny

lol@ the black lagoon reference Nagi trying to come up with a name on the spot for her "masked" version was funny as well

I lol'd when the narrator tried to end the ep early for the 1st time, and with the "here's a fanservice pic to make up for it"

This show is definitely a winner. I am sticking with it like glue. And Nagi is one of the most interesting/entertaining characters i have seen in a while. Definitely my favorite from the series so far
Old 2007-04-09, 12:31   Link #262
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:

I am very certain that Santa Claus will be the last boss at the end of the season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:31   Link #263
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I cant believe I will have to wait 1 day to see this episode... damn I need to upgrade my computer to play h264...

Minimal Question: Did Tama appear already?
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:35   Link #264
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Episode 2 was great! Love it!

I laughed so hard when the ep. tryed to end the first time and Maria's fanservice image appeared to make up for it. hahaha

Also, the bath part and the way Hayate was brought back to reality was also funny.

Can't wait for the next episode. I really love this anime!
Old 2007-04-09, 12:37   Link #265
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I am very certain that Santa Claus will be the last boss at the end of the season.

I sure hope not because that Santa is mean!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:06   Link #266
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
Minimal Question: Did Tama appear already?
No ... ep3.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:36   Link #267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Episode 2 was aboslutely hilarious. This show is definately one I'll be sticking to like glue. With nagi and Hayate both pretty empty headed the problems they could get themselves into should be fun to watch.

Hayate waking up and figuring he's gone to heaven then opening his wounds in the bath was good stuff. Trying to end the episode twice before it was over just added to it all. The interaction between the narrator and Hayate about the lines just kept it all going.

Whole episode just filled with humour and really made the day a lot funnier after watching. Nagi's fantasies are fun to watch especially her facial reaction after it. Kugimiya Rie really is great in this role, even managing to get her triple "shut up" in there.

Just a fun episode all the way. Will we get to see "Mask the Money" in the future? Will she have a new mask after her first one was passed off as "funny looking". Just loving this series so far.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:51   Link #268
Joojoobees

I actually thought episode two was funnier than episode one. The "fourth wall" jokes were all good. Both Hayate and Nagi come off as good-natured, but utterly clueless. The artwork was good-looking. We are starting to dig into the other characters a little (especially Maria). At this point they would really have to screw this up to get me to stop watching.
Old 2007-04-09, 14:26   Link #269
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I have to say, episode 2 is absolutely hilarious especially Norio Wakamoto. The VA really makes this anime shine.
Old 2007-04-09, 15:42   Link #270
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Poor Maria! Having to deal with two such naturally empty minds!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:34   Link #271
Contempt
Counting Spoons

Send a message via MSN to Contempt
What can I say... I suppose it's amazingly cheesy, yet utterly side-splittingly funny. The introduction from the first episode was more than enough to convince me to follow the series.
Call me simple minded but as far as comedy anime are concerned it's all that I want. I look forward to watching the remainder of the series.
Contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:43   Link #272
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

anyone seen Dorothy from Mar in episode one??
she was on a poster on a pole where Hayate was hiding!!
i wonder why the cameo appearances of Mar characters in Hayate the combat butler??....hhmmm
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:50   Link #273
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Boy...

This episode was quite entertaining especially the little narrations done by the narrator. Lol! Ah poor Maria, she must had some tough times looking after Nagi and now Hayate's in the mix. Double the trouble and fun.

Is it just me or did the producers screw up doing the animations for Maria's mouth when she's talking because they look really odd in scenes around 10:04 and 14:33.
Old 2007-04-09, 17:21   Link #274
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

This show is definitely succeeding at keeping me entertained. I kinda like it whenever a humorous show breaks the fourth wall in a way that doesn't make me cringe, and Hayate has be accomplishing just that. The fun little references to stuff like Gundam, Black Lagoon, and One Piece were also fun and well-done IMHO. I'll definitely be keeping up with this one.

Sadly, the interaction between Hayate and Nagi is starting to lose its charm already. Maybe it's because I'm still having flashbacks of Shana and Louise...

Wandering_Youth: Yeah, I noticed that weird animation with Maria's mouth too. Then again, I'm not expecting high-grade animation quality from this show, although that would be nice to have.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 17:59   Link #275
lommm
l'homme de lommm

wow! eclipse is so fast. i hadn't even dl'd the raw yet and they already released ep 02.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 19:22   Link #276
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Wow, episode 2 is so much win... Its like PPD, done correctly (the references). Im glad they kept the Gund... I mean, the :ehem:dam references
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 20:30   Link #277
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I like the whimsical/playful music. It keeps the atmosphere fun. Claus' voice was deeper than I expected. I can't wait for Tama to appear!

Last edited by Decagon; 2007-04-09 at 20:46.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 21:59   Link #278
Dark Koji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
anyone seen Dorothy from Mar in episode one??
she was on a poster on a pole where Hayate was hiding!!
i wonder why the cameo appearances of Mar characters in Hayate the combat butler??....hhmmm
In episode 2, I think I saw someone looking like Jack on...
Spoiler:
Dark Koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:34   Link #279
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

Maria being my favourite character, it is killing me that they have been heavily cutting out her interaction scenes with Hayate and Nagi. I didn't mind too much when they removed the conversation Maria had with Hayate in Ep01, but now they shortened her scenes in Ep02 too.

The rest of the modifications were probably due to censorship. I mean for crying out loud, they couldn't even mention "blood", "yakuza", "organ donation", "slavery", etc...

Yes, yes, I know. Timeslot and all. It just makes me wish they had chosen a more liberal timeslot.

The following spoilers contain some manga comparisons. Do not read if you intend to read the manga.
Spoiler for a meaner santa:
Spoiler for bath scene of Hayate & Maria:
Spoiler for lecturing of Nagi by Maria:

This is one of the few times I wish I had not read the manga before watching its' anime counterpart, because the anime is still good, just... somewhat incomplete.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-09, 23:21   Link #280
therethere

Regarding the next episode's title:

Spoiler:
therethere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp