AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 05:33   Link #29661
maknaedik

Anyhow, I've been reading things that the reason for Destiny's clown feet is because it directly came from RG Strike? Can anyone confirm this?

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-08 at 23:45.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 06:41   Link #29662
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Did HLJ shipped you're order yet?
"You have 1 orders currently in processing."
It's been stuck like this since May 2nd XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Anyhow, I've been reading things that the reason for Destiny's clown feet is because it directly came from RG Strike? Can anyone confirm this?
Since they love to reuse parts and concepts from older models that would make sense.

Personally I don't like the RG Destiny at all though. The only RG that I own right now is the first one, the RX-78-2. I was thinking about getting the RG Strike and Skygrasper but... Meh. I already have two 1/100 scale Strikes, that's enough for me^^

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-09 at 00:17.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 06:42   Link #29663
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How can that be? Strike's feet are slim and sexy, while Destiny's feet are abomination.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-08 at 23:49.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 06:50   Link #29664
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Nice comparison between HG & RG Destiny. Just like I thought, the HG's feet look a lot better. What were Bandai people smokin' when they made the mold? Those feet almost ruined a nice kit.

That said I'm waiting for RG Destiny Deactive or Heine. Not a fan of the traditional color (There's MG Destiny EBM for that).
This kit is backpack heavy & seriously need a stand as the legs are pretty weak (gotta blame the feet)

Im hoping for Heine ver as i like the orange combination

Quote:

the frame is exactly same as RG Strike/Freedom/Justice
i can confirm that for you
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 07:24   Link #29665
maknaedik

Quote:

How can that be? Strike's feet are slim and sexy, while Destiny's feet are abomination.
Maybe the proportions made it big in Destiny's? I don't know, em just guessing..

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-08 at 23:50.
Old 2013-05-08, 07:28   Link #29666
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Maybe the proportions made it big in Destiny's? I don't know, em just guessing..
Maybe Duotiga can compare RG Strike's feet & RG Destiny's feet side by side?
Old 2013-05-08, 07:30   Link #29667
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I just got a message that my order for the MG Jesta will arrive next week! And it will arrive at just the right time, my on-the-job-training ends this coming sunday. I've been dying to build something after 2 tiring months of just working at a hotel.
Old 2013-05-08, 13:29   Link #29668
helois

i'm in a pre-stress time with a tsunami of exams that will come and some model building will be helpfull..

a week ago(30 april) was my birthday so i have some money in the wallet,so -like suiton- you suggest me:

1)Red party

MG Aegis (favourite transforming gundam ever)
MG Sword Impulse (the "first love" of gunpla after MG Strike Noir)
MG Red Frame + 1/100 Red Frame (the backup and some bad ass mod using the effects parts of the blue frame that i have)
1/144 Astraea type F(i have already one,i'll mod it in an Exia-like...)

or

2)black party

HGUC Banshe x6 (unicorn, norn, destroy)
for bad ass mod with claws on remote shields, big shields,shield with "funnels" that i planned when came out so far ..

maybe a sort of diorama when will come out destroy mode full armor unicorn,or some sort of it....

thanks,and sorry for bad english..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 14:20   Link #29669
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
i'm in a pre-stress time with a tsunami of exams that will come and some model building will be helpfull..

a week ago(30 april) was my birthday so i have some money in the wallet,so -like suiton- you suggest me:

1)Red party

MG Aegis (favourite transforming gundam ever)
MG Sword Impulse (the "first love" of gunpla after MG Strike Noir)
MG Red Frame + 1/100 Red Frame (the backup and some bad ass mod using the effects parts of the blue frame that i have)
1/144 Astraea type F(i have already one,i'll mod it in an Exia-like...)

or

2)black party

HGUC Banshe x6 (unicorn, norn, destroy)
for bad ass mod with claws on remote shields, big shields,shield with "funnels" that i planned when came out so far ..

maybe a sort of diorama when will come out destroy mode full armor unicorn,or some sort of it....

thanks,and sorry for bad english..
If you have the money, I suggest you take the "Red Party" as those are a bunch of excellent kits compared to the "Black Party" of yours .
Old 2013-05-08, 17:42   Link #29670
maknaedik

RED PARTY because I'm biased towards red colored kits, haha! Besides, I have all of those except the 1/144 Astraea Type-f, I only have its 1/100 version.

Well, the Seed red kits that you chose are GOOD special mention is red frame. Everybody knows that it's one of the best

Old 2013-05-08, 20:08   Link #29671
Skye629

Quote:
RED PARTY because I'm biased towards red colored kits, haha! Besides, I have all of those except the 1/144 Astraea Type-f, I only have its 1/100 version.

Well, the Seed red kits that you chose are GOOD special mention is red frame. Everybody knows that it's one of the best
Here are some other options:
1/100 Saviour
MG Epyon EW
MG Sinanju
1/144 HGUC Sazabi
The 1/144 Red kits from Gundam AGE if you like the designs

And all the Char kits for that matter XD (besides Hyaku)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 00:05   Link #29672
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Reposting my previous comment, since several people seem to have missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Several posts have been deleted and if you guys don't drop this pointless argument, you will get banned regardless of any warnings you may have received in the past.

Enough is enough
Do not make posts about other posters, specially if you are only doing it to mock them. PLEASE drop this issue already and please stop making posts about it.
Old 2013-05-09, 10:35   Link #29673
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I would go with:

MG Aegis
MG Sinanju OVA Ver.
MG Epyon EW

That would be more than enough to help you deal with your pre-tsunami-exam time. =D You don't want your wallet to later regret going GunPla crazy since knowing Bandai, they're bound to make a lot of big announcements soon at the Shizuoka Hobby Show.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:04   Link #29674
derrickmc63

so after about 3 months of waiting for the season to change and get sunny, i finally finished nu ver ka and it is probably the best damn thing on my shelf right now. The build was excellent and posing the kit is a breeze(in my opinion). Now that i finished the kit, sinanju stein will be next on my build list.
Helios i would go with the red party
sword impulse and red frame are awesome

Last edited by derrickmc63; 2013-05-09 at 12:06. Reason: replying
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 20:25   Link #29675
Skye629

On a gunpla related note, how easy is it to get good even angles with putty? I think I may have sanded too much off the face mask of my HG AGE-FX getting rid of that damn beak line (overall though the kit is coming along great, replaced the yellow with silver as well as some other parts, it have a more hi-nuish color palette now, blue, white, silver, purple)

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-10 at 01:39. Reason: Thanks for reading my post above
Old 2013-05-10, 01:06   Link #29676
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
On a gunpla related note, how easy is it to get good even angles with putty? I think I may have sanded too much off the face mask of my HG AGE-FX getting rid of that damn beak line (overall though the kit is coming along great, replaced the yellow with silver as well as some other parts, it have a more hi-nuish color palette now, blue, white, silver, purple)
So far I don't have any experience with putty, but if you leave the "beak line" alone without panel-lining it, I think it will barely visible on the HG. I had the same issue with HG Destiny. I don't like the pattern on the face-mask near the chin. I just leave it alone and it's barely visible .
Old 2013-05-10, 01:22   Link #29677
maknaedik

Quote:
if you putty it, then you must paint it right? Unless you want to leave a small gray pint on it.

Old 2013-05-10, 02:08   Link #29678
Skye629

Quote:
if you putty it, then you must paint it right? Unless you want to leave a small gray pint on it.
Im under the impression that the putty Im using is white, from what I saw from a Vegeta8259 video, but I have not used it personally yet

Quote:
So far I don't have any experience with putty, but if you leave the "beak line" alone without panel-lining it, I think it will barely visible on the HG. I had the same issue with HG Destiny. I don't like the pattern on the face-mask near the chin. I just leave it alone and it's barely visible .
Bit late for that lol
Old 2013-05-10, 02:20   Link #29679
maknaedik

Quote:
Im under the impression that the putty Im using is white, from what I saw from a Vegeta8259 video, but I have not used it personally yet
Well you can use white, but I hope that it's close, or better if it's the same, kind of white.

Old 2013-05-10, 02:27   Link #29680
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Bit late for that lol
I know . I'm just sharing it.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy