2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-21, 15:29   Link #21
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Shouldn't we be voting in the poll AFTER watching it in subs?
I don't see why it matters if some of us watched it without them and knew what was going on enough. I'm impatient when it comes to some series.

And I was also disappointed with the lack of a new op. I was hoping to hear Kanbaru sing something.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 15:32   Link #22
X10A_Freedom

This episode felt like a bit of a drag, and the (inevitable) path to Oshino repetitive. I hope the whole mystery of that hand proves to be interesting.

(but then, I picked up this show all because of Senjougahara)
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 15:46   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

We didn't get that much Senjougahara, but what we got was golden. The hand on his head. The affect-free caring. The "dai saabisu."

The books were done about as simply as possible, but still worked for me. I loved the part where they were throwing books into the air with joy.

Ah, Miyukicchi! Sawashiro Miyuki's voice was a pleasure to hear, as usual.

I guess a new OP would be interesting, but I love Staple Stable so much that I don't need any change. I enjoy it every time.

Novel-readers' bitching is such a downer. Thank you to those of you who put the bitching entirely in spoiler tags and don't let any of it leak out into the light of day.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-08-23 at 11:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 16:07   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well i'm guessing that the OP for each corresponding girl will be the last episode of each arc or the last episode in the arc that they manage to fit in an OP.

Loved the first scene, was great because I made sure to rewatch Episode 6 right before watching the raw

In a dialogue-heavy series like this, I'm inclined to agree... although novel readers/people fluent in Japanese pretty much know what's being said anyway, so for them, at least, voting in advance of the sub makes sense, imo.
Old 2009-08-21, 17:53   Link #25
solomon

True, but the poll would have more weight after greenhorns like me see subs (Japanese student, watches show RAW with around 75% comprehension rate, devil's in the details).

I didn't read the novels, but love the "voice" of the writing because it seems to carry over the authors literary voice, taste and stylings. It lends it individuality (rare in anime writing IMHO).

Scince my fetish is primarily for visuals, I love how SHAFT illustrated the story (designs, backgrounds, staging, well coordinated movement, direction, etc.). The Staging and cutting are particualrly interesting.

They do a great job with the gag setup and delivery in this ep, it's SD and playful but not high stung and agitated like most anime comedies are.

Spoiler for plot point:

To Mannish Boy; "Bure Bure" indeed.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 17:57   Link #26
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Spoiler for plot point:
Spoiler for this episode:
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 19:41   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

Quote:
Well, the bigger problem is actually voting before the episode even airs.

Quote:
Novel-readers' bitching is such a downer. Thank you to those of you who put the bitching entirely in spoiler tags and don't let any of it leak out into the light of day.
After going through the Valkryia Chronicle thread, this is nothing......

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 19:57   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
After going through the Valkryia Chronicle, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Umineko threads, this is nothing......
I fixed it!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 20:41   Link #29
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:

Well, the bigger problem is actually voting before the episode even airs.

After going through the Valkryia Chronicle thread, this is nothing......
Hey, I only bitch because I care! My main gripe with the ep, and with the series so far, is the use of the pictures of body parts. It really ruins the flow of the animation for me. It just seemed particularly bad in this episode.

Spoiler for bad impression:

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 21:33   Link #30
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Hey, I only bitch because I care! My main gripe with the ep, and with the series so far, is the use of the pictures of body parts. It really ruins the flow of the animation for me. It just seemed particularly bad in this episode.

Can you imagine the horrible, insane, unholy wrath, Hitagi would unleash on Koyomi if he made the mistake of holding Kanbaru's hand ?

I mean I can see waves of various school supplies being jammed into every natural orifice and she will certainly add a few extra unnatural ones with her Pilot 0.7mm ballpoint.

LOL !
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 21:35   Link #31
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Seriously I don't think Hitagi is that insane though as long as he has nothing to be guilty about. Hitagi knows the path is dark... Koyomi is just being paranoid
Old 2009-08-21, 21:44   Link #32
zato_1one

Quote:
Interesting, that's quite impressive from Arararagi. But the anime didn't portray it to be very dark so I guess I could overlook that. Besides, we could see Shinobu as a good compensation.

I've heard that the OP for each character will be released with DVD/Blue-Ray. So may be we can only see new OP in DVD/Blue-Ray?
Old 2009-08-21, 22:03   Link #33
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I don't like Kanbaru.... not one bit.
Old 2009-08-21, 22:26   Link #34
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I rather like Kanbaru, but then the only character I don't really care for is the heroine of the next arc. Kanbaru's cheerfulness is a lot a of fun and her interactions with Koyomi are interesting.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。

Last edited by ickem; 2009-08-21 at 23:07.
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 22:38   Link #35
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Why not? She is funny and she looks rather cute too. I like cheerful girl.

I'm still waiting for sub but from the look of it. It seems Kanbaru is also good at teasing Araragi like Hitagi.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:11   Link #36
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Its like it was said... the guys who fantasize about having little sisters never had one in real life.

I have one.... it is a royal pain. NOTHING CUTE ABOUT IT !!!

Thusly...

Those who think Kanbaru types are nice... have never met a Kanbaru type in real life.

Unfortunately I have a few 'Kanbarus' in my life and I want to eliminate them one by one as quickly as possible, baring illegal means, nothing to generate the jail time.

That being said there is nothing worse than a jealous lesbian who wants to take out her frustrations on a guy who "stole" her woman

There is an old saying, "Hell hath no fury like a Woman scorned!"

Jealous lesbians have a double fury that is just... plain EVIL

And they never go for the girl... they always pick on me the guy... wait that was a little too much info... but you get the picture.

Now if you excuse me... I am gonna call my therapist *find a happy place, find a happy place*
Old 2009-08-21, 23:13   Link #37
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I know a few Hanekawas and Senjous.... my personality works with them the best... ergo... my liking this anime so much... reminds me of home.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:28   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
True, but the poll would have more weight after greenhorns like me see subs (Japanese student, watches show RAW with around 75% comprehension rate, devil's in the details).
Agreed. I only pay attention to the polls myself after the sub has been out for at least a few hours.

However... maybe it's just me, but subs for this series seem to take awhile (compared to Haruhi anyway). I wonder if it's because of the editing work required to sub in English for the really quick cuts of all-text-on-orange-or-black bits?
Old 2009-08-22, 00:07   Link #39
Cal-Reflector

I fuggin love this show. I can't pin it down to one reason: From spoilers from the novel readers it seems that Araragi is in a league of his own when it comes to building a Harem; he's the ultra nice guy and he's the ultra perv. He's tons of fun.

Each of the female characters so far have been unique and appealing in their own way, Senjouhagara most of all. Hopefully, there will be an OAV or season 2 telling Hanekawa and the blonde vampire's stories; Araragi's sisters' arc would be a great boon.
Old 2009-08-22, 00:37   Link #40
sirn
田舎者言うな

Even when I bitch, it still doesn't change the fact this is a good adaption of source material. (How you could adapt a series that's 90% talking into an anime anyway?) It just doesn't impress me when they used an escape path rather than challenging in the way they suppose to.

For body parts and photographs, Oishi Tatsuya said in recent NewType interview that it's there to make you "feel" and "react" rather than only "see", like Senjougahara's flashback part, his intention is to make you go "wow, this is so disgusting."

He also said they're going to pour their animation resource into all battle scenes in this series, and draw them to the point TV broadcasting is almost impossible. ("to the point they won't make it in time"?)

On an unrelated note, Oshino Meme's character design was done by VOFAN.

Quote:
I rather like Kanbaru, but then the only character I don't really care for is the heroine of the next arc.
I'm the other way around, Kanbaru is my least favorite but can't wait to see Nadeko.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote