AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-09-25, 20:44   Link #781
AnimeFan188

Ukraine Situation Report: Multiple Russian Aircraft Shot Down In A Day

"The Ukrainian General Staff claimed troops shot down two Russian Su-30SM Flankers, a Su-25SM Frogfoot, a Su-34 Fullback, five drones, and a cruise missile. Footage showed a Su-34 trailing fire from its right engine over the frontline in Kharkiv Oblast, with a later clip showing a fireball and crash site in the area."

See:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-down-in-a-day

===============================

Zelenskiy confirms delivery of NASAMS air defense systems to Ukraine

"The Ukrainian armed forces have received the first two batteries of the National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS) from the United States."

See:

https://defbrief.com/2022/09/25/zele...ms-to-ukraine/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 22:13   Link #782
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

From all the information I read, my only doubt is whether putin will launch the first weaponized induced electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) attack in history which no doubt will directly bring NATO into the conflict. Because we know the bald midget knows no restraint and would use EMP attacks the way he uses artillery (massively indiscriminate and poorly aimed).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 04:53   Link #783
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Zelensky paid tribute to Maryana Mamonova, the pregnant medic in the Azovstal back then via online video address.

She safely gave birth to a baby girl a day or so after the Russians agreed to release her.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 06:36   Link #784
Belkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
From all the information I read, my only doubt is whether putin will launch the first weaponized induced electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) attack in history which no doubt will directly bring NATO into the conflict. Because we know the bald midget knows no restraint and would use EMP attacks the way he uses artillery (massively indiscriminate and poorly aimed).
It'll be tactical nuclear weapons which Russia has a lot more of than NATO.

If you're American, no need to worry. Biden will cave in well before American sites are targeted.
Belkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 12:38   Link #785
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

This report on the war is potentially huge. I recommend that everyone listens to it even if you disagree or believe it to be all lies. After all it is very important to form an informed opinion once you have listened to what the other side is reporting.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-09-26, 13:03   Link #786
Key Board
Carbon

I remember these kinds of votings happening in Crimea (during 2014) and Iraq (during the US invasion)

you have learned nothing. A leftist should know better!

Edit: of course, it's Kim Iversen again.

Spoiler:

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2022-09-26 at 13:21.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 17:39   Link #787
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

With the Russian Army seeming tossing in conscripts without food or water, just guns and ammo, into the front, and millions of people attempting to flee being drafted, what are the chances of a repeat of 1917 this winter?

What little Russian or Russian biased news I've seen seems dubious, at best.
Old 2022-09-26, 18:46   Link #788
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
This report on the war is potentially huge. I recommend that everyone listens to it even if you disagree or believe it to be all lies. After all it is very important to form an informed opinion once you have listened to what the other side is reporting.
I don't think it's all lies, but you do have to tow a certain line in order to be a western journalist in Moscow these days.

For instance, she says that pro-war rallies are much bigger than the anti-war ones...well, they do have the advantage of being officially sanctioned, and not having the police beating people up, then throwing them into a dungeon for 15 years. That is, unless they reform by signing a military contract and go die in Ukraine - a privilige offered to many Russian convicts.

Protests are generally not allowed, especially not in the Red Square. But how do so many Russians show up for the pro-government rallies? Well, this kind of theatre is a Kremlin specialty, and they have no difficulties conjuring one up for the cameras, by paying people and bussing in state employees.

When it comes to the referendums, the Russian ruling class rejected democracy in the 90s. Their historical trauma was activated when waves of protesters gathered to demand their resignations, and they formed state security units in order to quell their opposition with violence. And yet, they cynically project an image of democracy and popular support by means of theatre. Even if such a government ran a referendum that was totally fair, it could never be trusted by any country that has even an approximation of a real democracy. So as far as I'm concerned, it's not even worth talking about, and their annexation of Ukrainian territory was achieved by subterfuge and military conquest.
Old 2022-09-26, 21:12   Link #789
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Snowden was granted Russian nationality, so he's dual now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-09-26, 21:31   Link #790
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The joke going around is that his draft notice is also on the way.
Old 2022-09-27, 00:09   Link #791
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Lawyers for him are saying that he'll be exempted since he never served in the Russian military.

Old 2022-09-27, 06:27   Link #792
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

People are going to spin this as him being a Russian agent even more than they already do, aren't they.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 06:40   Link #793
Belkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I remember these kinds of votings happening in Crimea (during 2014) and Iraq (during the US invasion)

you have learned nothing. A leftist should know better!

Edit: of course, it's Kim Iversen again.

Spoiler:

//
To be fair the media bias here in the West is just as bad. I mean news reports based on information from Ukraine Military intelligence and for instance RT being banned from broadcasting in the UK.

While the draft call is a sign of escalation by Russia, the cynical thought in my mind is that it is another attempt to weaponise migration which is becoming unpopular in Western countries and seen with increase of support in far-right parties.
Old 2022-09-27, 08:57   Link #794
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
RT is banned because the damage it have done in western countries where it have been allowed IS real. You wont believe the number of French people openly, or not, unironically parroting the Russian propaganda because RT was allowed to spread its poison for years. They literally believe that Ukraine is the guilty party here, and that unconditional surrender from Ukraine is the only way out from the war. They will bring up Azov all the time, all while turning a blind eye on Wagner group's nazi elements. They constantly puff up Russian army's manliness while mocking NATO for being decadent effeminate weaklings. The kool-aid is real.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 13:25   Link #795
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

"there is no crisis that is not an opportunity"

putin has turned the military attrition in Ukraine into a motor for ethnic cleansing, he wants to make russia (purely) slavic again. Of course he plans to write in history books that that Ukranian Nazis were the reason of said deaths and erect monuments to the fallen.

So ethnic minorities in russia have now two options, die in Ukraine as cannon fodder or die in their own land fighting oppression. Yeah, there is no option that does note include death, but shitty governments give shitty options.

btw, the draft will continue all year round (because orcs now have been "upgraded" to goblins, just as eager to kill but half as effective on the battlefield) and no doubt they will also send people deemed to be pro-western, so those that know English, access non-russian news outlets or use VPNs will eventually join the army just like those minorities outside of the moscow area.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 14:29   Link #796
Belkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
RT is banned because the damage it have done in western countries where it have been allowed IS real. You wont believe the number of French people openly, or not, unironically parroting the Russian propaganda because RT was allowed to spread its poison for years. They literally believe that Ukraine is the guilty party here, and that unconditional surrender from Ukraine is the only way out from the war. They will bring up Azov all the time, all while turning a blind eye on Wagner group's nazi elements. They constantly puff up Russian army's manliness while mocking NATO for being decadent effeminate weaklings. The kool-aid is real.
What exactly is the Russian propaganda that RT had aired which resulted in it's ban?
Old 2022-09-27, 21:27   Link #797
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Are we going to entertain pro-Kremlin information that says Ukraine should give up?

Old 2022-09-28, 00:58   Link #798
Belkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Are we going to entertain pro-Kremlin information that says Ukraine should give up?
Maybe the question should be should ordinary Ukrainians die needlessly and the futures destroyed over a war they can't win and is only continuing with the help of NATO whose support has been shown with recent events can be withdrawn at any time?
Old 2022-09-28, 01:24   Link #799
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe it shouldn’t.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 01:55   Link #800
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Oh damn. Russia supporters posing as westerners here? Sorry, but none of people I know are willing to give up here.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote