AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 18:52   Link #281
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I am not sure... all of a sudden the Arizona Cardinals aren't the Cardinals we've come to know and criticize from the regular season...
Yes it's very strange. All things come to an end eventually. Guess I can't mock them anymore. I may have given them a little more credit if they were able to beat some of the difficult teams during the regular course of the season or even if they went into the playoffs on a hot streak, but they didn't. I really don't see them getting past Philadelphia though. But that's what I said about Atlanta and Carolina. Regardless what happens Sunday, I'm afraid that just the team getting this deep into the playoffs will result in a whole new confidence in the ball club and they may be more dominant come next season. Doesn't bode well for my 49ers. That offense is one featured back away from being elite in all phases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I favor both the Ravens and Steelers its going to be hard to pick which one

Anyway i can't belive we hired this Guy and Mike Nola as an defensive coordinator oh god I'll just forget about next season
Yes he was our head coach. He had some good ideas in terms of how to run a football team. The thing I didn't like about him though is that when things didn't work out and they kept failing, he refused to make changes. It defied all logic. But this situation is different. He's not the head coach anymore, just the defensive coordinator. Hopefully he doesn't try to make another 3-4 hybrid in Denver, because last time I checked they don't have the personnel for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I agree about the Pennsylvania Bowl chances of Eagles, but are they really any better if they went against the Ravens? B'more kicks ass too.

I love Philly but I also criticize the idiotic hate of Ried and McNabb. They have been fairly consistent from what I have read. I can understand the dislike of McNabb initially due to reservations of him as a good draft pick or Reid's choice of play.

But the whole "The guys in philly don't really know who Ried is" thing gets me. He has that modest Tom Landry like stoicness which didn't seem to rub off well on the brash Philly fans. I say shutup and look at what the man is able to accomplish. From what I have read the man has done better and was more consistent then any other guy recently (why else would they keep him on for so long).

THen again, while delving into sports fandom (im a 1 year NFL noob) I am finding that while some of the more irrational sides of sports fandom is just silly fun (staying with mediocre teams in hope, rituals of wearing favorite shirts or performing stunts at stadiums) some of the fandom is just plain silly and irrational.

In a different tangent, how many of you guys actually go to games? Some in my family are big sports fans but I have heard horror stories about their experiences at the games (namely due to obnoxious blowhard fans).
The hate that Philadelphia has on Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid is ridiculously stupid. Other than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, McNabb in my opinion has been the best quarterback consistently this decade.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 21:31   Link #282
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The hate that Philadelphia has on Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid is ridiculously stupid. Other than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, McNabb in my opinion has been the best quarterback consistently this decade.
Indeed. When he is healthy he is one of the best. He was constantly carrying his team for many years and without any big time receivers(which I think has been one of their biggest problems)aside from that T.O. year. After that injury it took him a while, but now he is healthy again. I also love the fact that he always bounces back from bad games/criticism. He is the Eagles all-time leader in career wins, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns. McNabb is the least intercepted quarterback per pass attempt in NFL history.

Really Philly has nothing to be complaining about. 5 championship game appearences and 1 super bowl appearence. Sure they haven't won the big one yet, but at least they've been giving them something to cheer about.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 18:33   Link #283
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Indeed. When he is healthy he is one of the best. He was constantly carrying his team for many years and without any big time receivers(which I think has been one of their biggest problems)aside from that T.O. year. After that injury it took him a while, but now he is healthy again. I also love the fact that he always bounces back from bad games/criticism. He is the Eagles all-time leader in career wins, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns. McNabb is the least intercepted quarterback per pass attempt in NFL history.

Really Philly has nothing to be complaining about. 5 championship game appearences and 1 super bowl appearence. Sure they haven't won the big one yet, but at least they've been giving them something to cheer about.
There has to be something more that we don’t know…Even when T.O. was tearing the team apart a good percentage of the Philly locker room failed to rally behind McNabb, and key defensive and offensive leaders were even seen at T.O. birthday party right near the peak of the conflict…It wasn't a 50%-50% locker room it was more like 75% for T.O. ...Donavon McNabb is a guy who has been burned by not only Rush Limbaugh but also the NAACP (Where’s the middle ground there? )…McNabb has to have something going on with him behind the scenes that just rubs people the wrong way…It's more than we think...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-01-15 at 19:28.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 21:57   Link #284
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
There has to be something more that we don’t know…Even when T.O. was tearing the team apart a good percentage of the Philly locker room failed to rally behind McNabb, and key defensive and offensive leaders were even seen at T.O. birthday party right near the peak of the conflict…It wasn't a 50%-50% locker room it was more like 75% for T.O. ...Donavon McNabb is a guy who has been burned by not only Rush Limbaugh but also the NAACP (Where’s the middle ground there? )…McNabb has to have something going on with him behind the scenes that just rubs people the wrong way…It's more than we think...
Rush Limbaugh is a non entity as far as I am concerned. What was the NAACP beef about?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 22:09   Link #285
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh is a non entity as far as I am concerned. What was the NAACP beef about?
^Read for yourself...
Old 2009-01-15, 23:56   Link #286
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I miss him !!!
Old 2009-01-16, 02:10   Link #287
solomon

Quote:
^Read for yourself...
I am Afro-American. I can see why my family thinks the NAACP sometimes really wastes a lotta breath after reading this.
Old 2009-01-16, 02:21   Link #288
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Well I wasn't really talking about his behind the scenes actions, more on his skill as a QB and how he was able to get the job done many times without any big time recievers. There is always a side of players you don't see, but really there always seems to be some kind of issue in Philly.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 17:54   Link #289
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I am Afro-American. I can see why my family thinks the NAACP sometimes really wastes a lotta breath after reading this.

To me it's not the fact that someone representing the NAACP dissed him, rather it's the situation of how bad a black person has to be received to get a fellow black person in the NAACP NO DOUBT to write something so scathing about another black man in a position of power (IN PHILLY)...Go to a barbershop and discuss McNabb and see how many brutha's take his back...I only know a handful of people who even like this dude...I personally never really liked him and was always pro T.O. in that situation (for my own reasons mind you-not that T.O. was right)..But Donovan just comes off in a way that doesn’t rally people behind him….That’s why I’m like there has to be more that we don’t know…It’s not just that Philly fans are a$$holes, no one ever really backs this guy when the chips are down (well until he got benched – which turned out to be a great decision because he came back with fire in his eyes)…His whole career is just filled with people always feeling lukewarm about this guy…There has to be a reason because his numbers are pretty damn good…I still think he’s lacking in some areas (His accuracy is sometimes atrocious), but if he can win the Soopabowl, maybe all of this fades away…
Old 2009-01-16, 20:43   Link #290
greatpower2

Next year the chiefs might have a shot at the division, LT is old, Denver has a weak D, The raiders umm they're bad all around, and we might have a good head coach finally.
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 21:55   Link #291
solomon

Quote:
To me it's not the fact that someone representing the NAACP dissed him, rather it's the situation of how bad a black person has to be received to get a fellow black person in the NAACP NO DOUBT to write something so scathing about another black man in a position of power (IN PHILLY)...Go to a barbershop and discuss McNabb and see how many brutha's take his back...I only know a handful of people who even like this dude...I personally never really liked him and was always pro T.O. in that situation (for my own reasons mind you-not that T.O. was right)..But Donovan just comes off in a way that doesn’t rally people behind him….That’s why I’m like there has to be more that we don’t know…It’s not just that Philly fans are a$$holes, no one ever really backs this guy when the chips are down (well until he got benched – which turned out to be a great decision because he came back with fire in his eyes)…His whole career is just filled with people always feeling lukewarm about this guy…There has to be a reason because his numbers are pretty damn good…I still think he’s lacking in some areas (His accuracy is sometimes atrocious), but if he can win the Soopabowl, maybe all of this fades away…
I'll be particularly frank, I am not THAT invested in the whole matter. As long as he doesn't pull a Micheal Vick like fiasco, I couldn't give a rats behind. I'm just interested in who makes the big game.
Old 2009-01-16, 23:54   Link #292
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower2 View Post
Next year the chiefs might have a shot at the division, LT is old, Denver has a weak D, The raiders umm they're bad all around, and we might have a good head coach finally.
Dream on
Denver!@!!
Old 2009-01-17, 03:28   Link #293
solomon

Anyone have a favorite rivalry they like to watch for?

I am in Redskin country, so I have learned of the mythical Dallas vs. D.C. vitriol and battles but both teams sucked so much this year and recently I can't be all that interested in it right now.

I hear Baltimore and Pittsburgh have a good one going, I read that the Steeler's original rival was Cleveland, but I go to school in NE Ohio and I know that the Browns are a joke compared to the Steel City team.
Old 2009-01-17, 04:13   Link #294
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well atleast I'm glad my New Orleans Saints fired the defensive coordinator and got Greg Williams as the new guy to lead the defense...WE've got arguably the best QB in football (Drew Brees) and if the defense is just middle of the pack next year we'll have a real shot in the playoffs...I look at the teams still left in the playoffs and NONE of them have the ability to score at will like the Saints...So depressing...
Old 2009-01-17, 05:25   Link #295
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower2 View Post
I highly doubt it.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2009-01-17, 05:28   Link #296
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Well atleast I'm glad my New Orleans Saints fired the defensive coordinator and got Greg Williams as the new guy to lead the defense...WE've got arguably the best QB in football (Drew Brees) and if the defense is just middle of the pack next year we'll have a real shot in the playoffs...I look at the teams still left in the playoffs and NONE of them have the ability to score at will like the Saints...So depressing...
I'm going to guess that Pierre Thomas is going to have a decent chance at being the feature back next season? He had a good run down the stretch and looks like he can move the chains a lot better than Reggie Bush can.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2009-01-17, 09:21   Link #297
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I'm going to guess that Pierre Thomas is going to have a decent chance at being the feature back next season? He had a good run down the stretch and looks like he can move the chains a lot better than Reggie Bush can.
If I Reggie gets backs to his old self from his injuries that he suffered but effort tries him alot so I'll give him the chance to prove himself in the long run and I kinda wished that he would stay another year at USC back then but we can't changed the past.*laughs cynical* For Rivalries, I see this is how these things can escalate from time to time but Balitmore vs Pittsburgh, I can see this one of the toughest rivalries that will start the future of NFL!
Old 2009-01-18, 15:06   Link #298
Highman

Send a message via AIM to Highman
As well we get ready for Championship Sunday for four teams, I'm gonna start with the picks:

NFC Championship:
Arizona vs Philadelphia PHI by 7

AFC:
Baltimore vs Pittsburgh: BAL by 5
Old 2009-01-18, 17:06   Link #299
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

cardinals 24 eagles 6 3rd quarter wheee~
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 17:36   Link #300
Highman