AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 00:41   Link #2341
azul120

I think roriconfan was inferring that Suzaku wouldn't make the Knight of One position in particular because of his treacherous tendencies. He was useful enough to Charles as one of the lower ranking Rounds, just as Luciano Bradley, who was useful enough for his killing expertise but evidently too psychopathic to be taken in as right hand.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 01:00   Link #2342
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Bismarck outright confirmed that, though. Suzaku's just too stupid to realize it himself.
Old 2010-04-21, 01:48   Link #2343
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
What are the odds of a genius, meeting a mystical being, who provides him with supernatural powers, whom he masters quite fast, and sets to change the world with deception and destruction?

Spoiler for possible answer:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 01:59   Link #2344
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And your point is... what?

Seriously, rori, enough is enough. We get that you don't like the show, but quit breaking the rules by being off topic like this.
Old 2010-04-21, 18:36   Link #2345
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
So his skills were enough to dismiss racial and trust issues?
No. Did you even read my post? As morbosfist and I stated, he was either ignored or used as a decoy in suicide missions despite his skills precisely because of his race.

As near as I can guess, the only reason Cornelia didn't order Lloyd to fire Suzaku was because she couldn't. Since Lloyd's little group was directly under Schneizel's command all she could do was keep him shelved, and after Narita, she clearly put him through hell on purpose.

Charles made Suzaku a Rounds, but never trully trusted him. Note that he lied to Suzaku early in R2 by telling him that he was the only Rounds aware of Geass. It was likely to keep him off balance when Bismarck showed up to prevent his inevitable betrayal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
What are the odds of a genius, meeting a mystical being, who provides him with supernatural powers, whom he masters quite fast, and sets to change the world with deception and destruction?
This is a common theme in many stories. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, all have similar setups that involve a central character who happens to have a tie in to some of the forces at work that existed prior to the main plotline.

For the Geass mastery, you said it yourself: he's a genius, and anyone would want to learn the limits of such a power to both maximize its effectiveness and help prevent accidents. not that it helped in the case of the SAZ, but it's still a realistic concern.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 13:11   Link #2346
Myname

Now I like COLORS and all but why is JIBUN WOO a meme? Is it the way they sing it? Who started this JIBUN WOO crap anyways?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 13:13   Link #2347
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Who the hell can tell what makes a meme in the first place? Most of its spawned by 4chan and I don't think any of us want to know what goes on in the minds of its regulars.
Old 2010-04-22, 13:53   Link #2348
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Now I like COLORS and all but why is JIBUN WOO a meme? Is it the way they sing it? Who started this JIBUN WOO crap anyways?
How ironic I'm listening to COLORS at this moment.

Anyways, it's a meme because of how popular it's become. It's just like "The cake was a lie" thing.

It translates as 'The moments' I think. So when someone screams it or rants about it, they are really saying 'THE MOMENTS!'. I think thats a correct assumption.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 03:12   Link #2349
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Can we get back to actual serious questions now?
And without swearing please
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 03:22   Link #2350
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Impeccable timing, Karuma. I was actually torn between putting this in the Lelouch thread or on here, I just got back from checking a sig gallery to post it on here.

Question: Why didn't Lelouch use his geass on Cornelia during the hotel jacking at Kawaguchi? DUDE SHE WAS RIGHT THERE!

I'm also aware his geass could've reached her, that is obvious. He has set up conditions for when a geass command activates before, why wouldn't he use it on her? That could've saved him so much trouble later down the road.

I have to guess he didn't care, and just wanted to save the student council... but damn, for a genius that wasn't a opportune thing to do.

If I were him, I would've done it the moment she got out of her gloucester. Again, why didn't he use it? It would've been a better tactic then Narita.

Though Narita was cool cuz' the Guren almost trashed the Lancelot. Uncool part? Mao-encholy event.
Old 2010-04-23, 03:28   Link #2351
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Because the writers didn't want him to >:

Anyway, at the time his priority was the student council and at the time what would he have made her do? Their plans were not that far advanced yet so Lelouch could randomly geass her or he could not and save it for later when he would have been in deeper trouble and could use her better.
The problem with anime it has has to fit in a certain script, in the manga if I remember correctly she was geassed into doing something destructive.. I don't fully remember what it was either poison gas or something with missiles
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:46   Link #2352
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Question: Why didn't Lelouch use his geass on Cornelia during the hotel jacking at Kawaguchi? DUDE SHE WAS RIGHT THERE!

I'm also aware his geass could've reached her, that is obvious. He has set up conditions for when a geass command activates before, why wouldn't he use it on her? That could've saved him so much trouble later down the road.

I have to guess he didn't care, and just wanted to save the student council... but damn, for a genius that wasn't a opportune thing to do.

If I were him, I would've done it the moment she got out of her gloucester. Again, why didn't he use it? It would've been a better tactic then Narita.
Also remember that they were completely surrounded by Cornelia's troops at that moment of the hotel jacking. And I'm sure Guilford (among others) would have noticed something and shot Lelouch.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 22:24   Link #2353
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I see... Well they were surrounded they weren't helpless. But then again, people were there like you say. Like Guilford and Darlton -- they could easily hear Zero's commands and would've killed him.

So I guess it makes sense. Thanks Shizuo, thanks Karuma. I appreciate it, I can understand why he didn't use it. xD
Old 2010-04-24, 03:14   Link #2354
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He didn't use it because he wanted to ask her about his mother. And he couldn't do that when she's holding him at gunpoint, surrounded by her troops.
Old 2010-04-25, 09:15   Link #2355
roriconfan
Banned

^ He could geass her to order the troops to leave and then ask her anyway
Old 2010-04-25, 12:29   Link #2356
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And what would that accomplish? He came there to save Euphie, stop the JLF from killing, and debut the Black Knights. Asking his sister about something best left in absolute privacy wouldn't make sense during that operation.
Old 2010-04-25, 12:45   Link #2357
roriconfan
Banned

Seems like ordering to become her slave and doing all of the above through her was also impossible at the time, right?
Old 2010-04-25, 13:00   Link #2358
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

With Lelouch still having his morals against completely enslaving a person's will? Yeah, actually, it was impossible.
Old 2010-04-25, 16:19   Link #2359
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Completely irrelevant question: In season 1 Suzaku was playing with a small plant before meeting Shirley in the club room. I think it was the episode where Lelouch gets beat by Cornelia for the first time.

What was the name of the plant he was waving around?

(( This is so offtopic to CG that even I'm amazed I'm asking this here, sorry guys ))

As for topic: What would be the reason to waste Geass on Cornelia so early? At that point in time Lelouch was still trying to figure out the limitations to his geass(that girl writing on the wall) and I'm sure he wasn't sure about an 'Obey me forever' command.

You forget something also, at that point The Order of the Black Knights was established as well. Lelouch didn't have time to spent with Cornelia, he needed to save euphie and the rest of his friends. Show his group as a heroes and win over za warudo with his awesome black cloak and justice speech.

That and he was also confident that he didn't need to use geass on Cornelia because he could always defeat her based on strategy alone ( which he did in the ending of season 1 till everything broke apart )

Last edited by Marioshinobi; 2010-04-25 at 16:45.
Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 16:43   Link #2360
Meatrose
Antihero

Is this what you mean? If so, I always thought it was just some kind of cat toy, something he intended to use in his never-ending quest to befriend Arthur.

Tags
q&a