AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-19, 03:33   Link #21
cyberbeing

Sure she was in shock, so was Ichika. The point was she had a very dere-type reaction at first. She only went into defensive (well offensive) mode when, when he said something that wasn't suited for his current situation. The change was extremely sudden.

If as you say, he did de-escalate the situation by being a gentleman and quickly exiting outside, what would happen? He would still have been swarmed by girls, and still plead Houki to let him back in, which she would still do once dressed. The reaction when opening the door would probably be different though. Since she doesn't seem the like the idea of him being around other girls, I could picture her 'saving' him by very quickly opening-dragging him in-shutting the door while blushing instead of being agitated. At this point if Ichika explained the situation in a level-headed manner to the still blushing Houki, the end result would be him not being attacked and Houki in a much better mood overall. After-all, she wants to get close to Ichika again, like they were in the past. The only time she acts negatively or violent is when he either acts perverted, doesn't read the mood, shows weakness, or when his actions don't match up well to her vision of their relationship in the past.

Houki's character in general seems stuck in the past. Seeing her happy flashback at the kendo dojo, she certainly isn't so happy now. Some trauma mush have happened to her during the 6 years they were apart, not to mention her Sister disappearing and all that would entail. Kendo must be a tool to remind her of happy memories in the past and in-turn help her ignore her troubles in the present. During those 6 years it appears she became very secluded from other people and anti-social. The sudden arrival of Ichika probably made her believe she could finally return to those happy times in the past. A bit to her disappointment, Ichika has moved on, and changed a lot during those 6 years, while she appeared to make much effort to stay the same (yet this pretty much just resulted in 6 straight years of Kendo ). She is still rather attached to Ichika though and doesn't seem to want to loose him again either to injury, distance, or other girls. Her current strategy appears to go so far as to try to forcibly mold Ichika back into what she remembered while restoring some of his positive qualities which had faded over the years. We will see how that goes.

It will be interesting to see how she reacts when she is forced to interact with the other main girls who are 'competition' to claiming Ichika. I would almost be shocked if Houki wasn't turned into the waifu character with all the main girls coming to accept her status as such before the end of the series. Houki just has a massive advantage over all other girls at this point, and the Chinese girl may become an enemy, as seen in the OP. The backstory of Houki/Nee-san plus Ichika/Nee-san combos is also basically the backbone of mystery in the plot. They can't easily brake them up until the mystery is reviled or it would lessen the impact. Of course Ichika, like many male leads, could throw a wrench in things by refusing to get close to anybody, and enjoying the benefits of his harem.
Old 2011-01-19, 07:42   Link #22
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

pp

Hmm hmm, subforum. I like . It makes it easier for me to talk all things ponytail when it comes to Houki. But what's this? The talk starts off being dominated by her tsundere personality? Am I the only one who has "ponytail" at the top of his "Why I love Houki" list?

Ah, I see. It is time for me to brainwash some younglings into my ponytail lover army

And I like tsundere's too
Old 2011-01-19, 13:57   Link #23
cyberbeing

I'm with you. Before we had a sub-forum it seemed the first word out of everyone's mouth about Houki was 'tsundere' along with a general dislike of her in general. Since here character sub-forum thread was starting off the same way, it motivated me to attempt to dispel some of the tsundere discussion surrounding her, and open people up to discussion of her character in general.

Of course if you want to talk ponytails, go for it. Not really my thing in general, but I do admit her hairstyle is quite nice. It kind of defies gravity though, always splitting into two distinct directions
Old 2011-01-19, 14:14   Link #24
mangatron

pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Of course if you want to talk ponytails, go for it. Not really my thing in general, but I do admit her hairstyle is quite nice. It kind of defies gravity though, always splitting into two distinct directions
Oh a unique style it is. I suspect the cause of split is her choice of bow, it's gotta be sending a static electric charge down the two tails causing them to separate. That's... the only scientific explanation I can think of

It does serve some useful purpose, such as the ability to sit on a chair without crushing her tails behind her back. Or... If she activates a parachute it can safely deploy between her tails (keep the dirty useful purposes out of here)
Old 2011-01-19, 14:26   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

In total agreement with lolitron. I'd never thought of such practical explanation of the benefit of having twintail, especially about the usefulness of having twintails when the need to deploy a parachute arises.

Houki is awesome.
Old 2011-01-19, 15:49   Link #26
Belgaesh

I also love ponytails, but talking about hairs that go against the law of gravity see this one from a character of âge games called Muv-Luv, the name of the character is Meiya.

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2011-01-19, 16:02   Link #27
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I also love ponytails, but talking about hairs that go against the law of gravity see this one from a character of âge games called Muv-Luv, the name of the character is Meiya.

Spoiler for Image:
One of my favorite kendo girls.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:24   Link #28
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
One of my favorite kendo girls.
Mine too, and also another thing that both have in common the hair and that both are samurai girls.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:38   Link #29
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
(keep the dirty useful purposes out of here)
Trying to resist... RESISTING.

HANDLE BARS. Aww dammit!
Old 2011-01-19, 17:11   Link #30
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Oh a unique style it is. I suspect the cause of split is her choice of bow, it's gotta be sending a static electric charge down the two tails causing them to separate. That's... the only scientific explanation I can think of

It does serve some useful purpose, such as the ability to sit on a chair without crushing her tails behind her back. Or... If she activates a parachute it can safely deploy between her tails (keep the dirty useful purposes out of here)
Okay, so since she already got your favorite, not just twintail but also ponytail, the other twintail coming tomorrow should be fine for me to claim, right?. But yeah, gravity-defying anime hair is pretty much common, especially if we got to shounen. Really, if I ever was to open a business there, I'll definitely make a killing in the hair gel business...
Old 2011-01-19, 18:20   Link #31
Forsaken_Infinity

Prefer her over the blonde despite Yukana. I don't know if that's saying the blonde is just THAT bad or if Houki is THAT good. I think its a combination of both.

And I didn't find her nearly as bad a tsundere as ~99 % of female leads in recent anime. She is just a refined young woman hailing from a conservative culture. And obviously confused as to how to process her feelings for the protagonist whom she didn't see for six whole years anyway >.>
Old 2011-01-19, 19:20   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Okay, so since she already got your favorite, not just twintail but also ponytail, the other twintail coming tomorrow should be fine for me to claim, right?. But yeah, gravity-defying anime hair is pretty much common, especially if we got to shounen. Really, if I ever was to open a business there, I'll definitely make a killing in the hair gel business...
She won a majority of the fanbase alone with her combination of Twintail, and Ponytail... Houki... You are a genius!

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-19 at 23:53.
Old 2011-01-19, 23:56   Link #33
Dr. Casey

: My name is Houki. It's nice to meet you.
Old 2011-01-20, 00:17   Link #34
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Hi Houki.

Wait a minute... YOU'RE NOT HOUKI
Old 2011-01-20, 02:48   Link #35
mangatron

tp

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Houki is awesome.
There you are old friend. I should nickname you "Popup", as you have this uncanny ability to pop up without warning and ninja me

Quote:
Oh me oh my, I can't stop laughing. Seriously, it's no secret I'm a ponytail lover, but the fact that a number of them wield swords, it's so creepy I love it

Who's idea was it to have ponytail girls weaponized with swords? Or is it the eventual fate of my destiny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Trying to resist... RESISTING.

HANDLE BARS. Aww dammit!
Hey! Watch it I-it's not like I said the benefit of her parted hair is her easily accessible goods in the doggystyle position. You didn't hear it from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh man ep 03 is closing in on me I gotta say though, if the twintail and Houki are on level ground with each other's personality, I just may need to have them both of course, if Rini wields a hammer, I just may die from it
Old 2011-01-20, 05:36   Link #36
mangatron

tp

Hey! It's not bad. Although, I keep expecting a sudden sex joke...

Oh... I'm talking to myself lol......... I got ninja'ed

Ah, I got a Q...... Did we ever get a good look at Houki's sister? I wonder if she's a more mature twinponytail
Old 2011-01-20, 05:41   Link #37
AlaAlba

lawl, he deleted his post, and I'm the same with you, hikasa's not that bad

and wow how'd he do that, if one delete his post, it would leave empty post wouldnt it? XD

Quote:
Mine too, and also another thing that both have in common the hair and that both are samurai girls.
wait..... dude you make a big mistake with your sig it should be Houki, not Houko....

Quote:
Ah, I got a Q...... Did we ever get a good look at Houki's sister? I wonder if she's a more mature twinponytail
bad news for you, she's a normal long haired onee-san, but with bunny ears.... Check 1:25 or so in the OP

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-01-20 at 05:51.
Old 2011-01-20, 05:49   Link #38
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

*whistles*

Anyway, wasn't Houki's sister the one in the open with the bunny ears?
Old 2011-01-20, 06:05   Link #39
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
: My name is Houki. It's nice to meet you.
No, no. It's "My name is Houki. Prepare to be beaten." (fanboy!)
Old 2011-01-20, 06:47   Link #40
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
*whistles*

Anyway, wasn't Houki's sister the one in the open with the bunny ears?
Why is she wearing a bunny ear is beyond me...Well, do you think that she purposely made all IS only accessible to female because she got dumped by her boyfriend?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters