AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-28, 04:24   Link #101
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I almost stopped watching after ep 19, but I'm glad I didn't, as ep 20 was great. The only problem is that damn side story thing. In the other episodes it was bad enough, but in this one it was just wrong. To end an episode with a scene like nemu collapsing is one thing, but to do it half way through and put random cat-headed people watching highlights from their past appearances just isn't right. Well as long as the main story is getting good, I shouldn't complain too much...
Old 2003-11-28, 12:32   Link #102
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I almost stopped watching after ep 19, but I'm glad I didn't, as ep 20 was great. The only problem is that damn side story thing. In the other episodes it was bad enough, but in this one it was just wrong. To end an episode with a scene like nemu collapsing is one thing, but to do it half way through and put random cat-headed people watching highlights from their past appearances just isn't right. Well as long as the main story is getting good, I shouldn't complain too much...
:-)
Curious that you'd actually 'almost stop' watching after ep.19, cuz it's only from ep.16 that the 'drama' really begins. (Personally I almost stopped a few times... around eps 5, 9, 10 14 or so... but 16 got me on the hook.

I definately agree with you that the side story really ticked me off, cuz the main story got me so involved that I didn't even realize that 16 minutes had already passed.

They'd better get rid of these side stories soon, cuz honestly I didn't like them much more than the music videos in the first 7? eps.

heh... I suppose I rant a lot too... but I really can't wait for ep.21
(and I wish some group would make a version that only includes the main plot, cuz my BT's really messed (1K/s) and a smaller filesize would be better. =D)

OKOK... I'll stop ranting before someone tries to kill me. =D
Old 2003-11-28, 18:34   Link #103
corp20
Internet God

Question

Okay why is everyone so down on the side storys?
In the beginning I thought they were neat since they gave more face time with each girl (you can never go wrong with that ). I got kinda tired of them when the eps were cliff hangers but since recently caught up with the series (looking forward to 21) I didn't care. I still like the side stories, they're really weird but interesting at the same time. How know that Moe-chan was so cute. That side story should have maked up with all the down sides of shortening the main plot. And who can forget the Miharu side story.
Old 2003-11-28, 19:47   Link #104
Esoteria
The End of Optimism

First post. Love of Da Capo presses through my laziness to actually register.
I'm enclosing the rest of my post in a spoiler so I don't have to be responsible for anything I might forget to inclose in one.
Spoiler:

FREAKING HUGE UBER SPOILER THAT GOES BEYOND RELEASED ANIME
Spoiler:

Back to regular spoilers that those who've watched the show up to ep 20 will not have any problem with...
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-28, 20:02   Link #105
monir
cho~ kakkoii

haha..yes I have gotten through that post..interesting uber spoiler...also if AG3 and Doddler (fellow members)find out about your opinion of h-games, they will definitely come flying for some conversion post and believe me they are very convincing..great post overall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
Speaking of taboos and incest, I saw a documentary of a tribe in China where people do not marry and have multiple sex partners. Needless to say there, half-brothers and half-sisters are a problem and it is taboo for them to be in proximity with one and other.

Saw you in the Condor Heroes Thread, Youkka's parents are unrelated siblings too. Nemu should go ahead and have a baby
I believe that tribe is located in the border of Tibet and China although I have forgotten what the tribe was called...haha...mentioning of Mongols get me worked up any day..blood and "glory" was exploited by those two great Mongol sons to the most viloent imagination..bad for their foes...
Old 2003-11-28, 20:13   Link #106
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Nice post Esoteria, no sense putting spoiler tags since im gonna be tempted to read it. I damn myself sometimes when this happens, stupid me. Anyways about your massive spoiler where did you hear this from, or are you speculating what will happen.
Old 2003-11-28, 20:42   Link #107
corp20
Internet God

Esoteria that was a long post. Any way in the game can you get some double team action going on.
Old 2003-11-28, 20:57   Link #108
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteria
Spoiler:
Hmm... Spoilers for a future episode

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-29, 00:55   Link #109
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Hmm... Spoilers for a future episode

Spoiler:
I wonder how wished for what. Can be very interesting.
Old 2003-11-29, 15:44   Link #110
Utamaru

I've just watched the ep22
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 01:00   Link #111
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Side stories:
IMO

They are the various girls' dreams, and the black cat-headed man represents Asakura's point of view in those dreams.

I thought it was pretty obvious...especially in

Spoiler:

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteria

Spoiler: (Highlight to read)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:
If you've seen the h-game CG or played the game,

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-30, 04:40   Link #112
Pendragon2879
The Incarnation of Chaos

Send a message via AIM to Pendragon2879
I just watched episode 20 and I gotta say that there is something just downright disturbing about the whole love triangle thing. And I know you guys know exactly what it is. Both girls call him brother! Nemu says, "We are lovers, right brother?" and sakura also calls him big brother. Even if Nemu isn't blood relation, she was accepted as little sister and grew up with him in the same house. It would be different if she didn't keep calling him brother. Every time she starts a sentence its with oni san. She could at the very least call him by his first name. Or last name, however they do it. This triangle reeks of an episode of Jerry Springer.I would even be satisfied if she called him her second cousin twice removed. Its just when she says brother, incest springs to mind. Personally, I would either hook up with SAKURA or that nice red head girl. oR EVEN one of the green haired sisters.
Old 2003-11-30, 14:48   Link #113
Shy-()ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Side stories:
IMO

They are the various girls' dreams, and the black cat-headed man represents Asakura's point of view in those dreams.

I thought it was pretty obvious...especially in

Spoiler:
That's an interesting take Eleutheria I never thought about that actually, but it doesn't really explain

Spoiler:

I am also really enjoying the side stories as well. I find them to be very creative and they allow the creators to play around with stylistic ideas that they couldn't otherwise do.

I also really like the bizarreness of the series.

What is with the pink teddy bear?
What is with Suginami and that alien/ cropfield thing in the shopping episode?
and why was he wearing a dress in that zoo episode?

I didn't realize that this series was based on a game and honestly I find it a bit odd but it doesn't take anything away from the series.

Question: does Jyunichi have any other magical powers other than making mochi appear out of thin air? (other than seeing dreams)

First post!
Old 2003-11-30, 17:24   Link #114
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:

What is with the pink teddy bear?
Just something that appears in every episode...

Quote:
What is with Suginami and that alien/ cropfield thing in the shopping episode?
Explained in the recap (15) episode

Quote:
and why was he wearing a dress in that zoo episode?
and the short green haired girl was wearing a guy's dress
Old 2003-11-30, 18:42   Link #115
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Man, I'm glad you guys started talking about this series. I finally downloaded it and saw the first episode and I'm hooked!!

Problem is, this now makes for my 22nd anime I'm following currently. Sheesh. Oh well, sit back and enjoy I guess.
Old 2003-11-30, 19:53   Link #116
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Hey I have a quick question about this anime and popotan. I know both are based on h-games but I was several series with my girlfriend like Kimi ga and was wondering, do either of those animes have nudity. If they do then my g/f won't watch them with me. I don't want to dl and then have her not watch em.
Old 2003-11-30, 20:07   Link #117
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Hey I have a quick question about this anime and popotan. I know both are based on h-games but I was several series with my girlfriend like Kimi ga and was wondering, do either of those animes have nudity. If they do then my g/f won't watch them with me. I don't want to dl and then have her not watch em.
Da Capo so far as I seen doesn't have any kind of nudity. Popotan and the other hand has a lot of nudity mostly just the bath scenes. But nonetheless Popotan is a nice short little series with some very touching moments which I think shouldn't stop you and your girlfriend from not enjoying it if you could ignore the nude bath scenes.
Old 2003-11-30, 20:31   Link #118
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Thanks for the advice. So i will start da capo in a little bit. As far as popotan i will see if she is ok with it. It's just bath scenes right? She'd kill me if it had more than that.
Old 2003-11-30, 20:43   Link #119
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Thanks for the advice. So i will start da capo in a little bit. As far as popotan i will see if she is ok with it. It's just bath scenes right? She'd kill me if it had more than that.
As for Popotan don't worry theirs no hardcore sex or anything just really ecchi sometimes thats all. One of the characters does presumably have sex but they don't show any of it. If your girlfriend gets mad at the nude bath scenes blame it on me, I'll take the wrath
Old 2003-11-30, 21:26   Link #120
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon2879
I just watched episode 20 and I gotta say that there is something just downright disturbing about the whole love triangle thing. And I know you guys know exactly what it is. Both girls call him brother! Nemu says, "We are lovers, right brother?" and sakura also calls him big brother. Even if Nemu isn't blood relation, she was accepted as little sister and grew up with him in the same house. It would be different if she didn't keep calling him brother. Every time she starts a sentence its with oni san. She could at the very least call him by his first name. Or last name, however they do it. This triangle reeks of an episode of Jerry Springer.I would even be satisfied if she called him her second cousin twice removed. Its just when she says brother, incest springs to mind. Personally, I would either hook up with SAKURA or that nice red head girl. oR EVEN one of the green haired sisters.
Well, that's from a Westerner's point of view. In Asian terms, "brother" is used loosely, as in you can call anyone older than you that, regardless if there is any relation or not to that person. It's a form of respect, rather than calling the person by his name, you call him "brother". Same thing applies with "sister". I used to call everyone that all the time when I was younger. No big deal.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs