Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

HD Gameplay footage

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:18   Link #62
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Truly impressive 11+ minutes of gameplay. It still got a long ways to go, but the video left me at the edge of my seat and was impressive with the movement and the atmosphere that Mikami-sensei and his team are trying to touch base upon.

Did the whole world or the area he was in went "2012". Sure looked like it, but it has the whole "boxed in" effect being implemented so it's great that the troupe is still being used.

Running from the chainsaw dude looks to be really intense and creepy compared to its predecessor and that's good, since I wish to test my wits against a frightening enemy when you have no means to defend yourself, and a wounded leg to boot, I might add. I wonder if they'll be more parts like that in this game when a arm or left gets fractured and you have to evade enemies while being "disabled" for the time being. I'd like to see that.

The wave of enemies bit was less than spectacular due to the fact that the mine trap doesn't look as effective as it should be. Looked like a dummy smoke bomb rather than a trap to keep enemies off you, just to give you enough breathing room to gather what little thoughts you have in the situation. Too bad we didn't get the see what looks like to be a boss fight, but overall I'd give this a 8.5/10. It's still in development, but it totally shows promise.

Still why didn't Sebastion at 2:50 to 3:40 lock the door behind him when he received the key? It would've saved him an extra 5-10 seconds to escape and to possibly avoid an injury.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:10   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Another video

Old 2013-09-27, 21:00   Link #64
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Nothing much to show since the last video Chaos, but looking at it again there are some things I wish to touch base upon.

Ahem:

1 - The enemy AI. They doesn't really look too "smart". I'll use the chainsaw dude as an example. It took the chainsaw dude a couple of swings or more to finally kill the protagonist when he was in the guys face consistently. And the player was in front of him trying to move and maneuver about. I wonder if it's the player, Ai, or both, but for now I hope that in higher difficulties enemies are more smarter and constantly during their attacks. Oh and might I add "coordinated".

2 - Movement. The movement animations look too weird. I wonder if Mikami-sensei is using the same movement concepts similar to how Resident 1 up to Code Veronica did in those respective games. If that's the case then I can live with that, just as long as it's comfortable enough to move and navigate your surroundings fluently.

3 - Camera. The camera isn't really the best, but it could use some more. It could be the reason the camera is like that is to build the suspense of "something being around the corner of your eye" effect or part of the creep factor to keep you on your toes when it comes to your surroundings. I'm no in game camera expert, but I hope they can fix it to make it smoother while at the same time keeps its pace within the confines of the game's genre and atmosphere.

4 - Character Animations and background. I don't mind the look really. Just as long as it's dark, gritty, and pretty consistent with what the game is trying to accomplish. Other than that, there's no problem unless if someone can address it to me in detail.

Some things need work but it's to be expected since it's still early and there's plenty of time for changes to be made. Other than that, it's still amazing and Mikami-sensei and his team are putting a lot of hardwork and thought into this.

I how we can get a playable demo based off what was shown today or earlier etc. Please make it happen Mikami-sensei or Bethesda.
Old 2013-09-27, 22:05   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Incidentally, don't a lot of the old school horror games that people praise to the high heavens have all those problems but were considered 'features' ?
Old 2013-10-01, 22:14   Link #66
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

So far, I like what I see. I'm tired of the viral/mutation/alien zombies. This looks more like demonic powers at work which is a nice change.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:07   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Evil Within concept art leaks

There's too many to post, so I figure I'll just link it to the site.
Old 2014-02-14, 11:02   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Evil Within Release date annouced

Quote:
The Evil Within, Tango Gameworks’ new survival horror game led by Shinji Mikami, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on August 26 in North America and August 29 in Europe, Bethesda Softworks announced.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:17   Link #69
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

My thoughts about the game.

The early part when he was hanging when he dropped down a blood splatter was about, but there is no blood on his clothing? Next gen console and PC games still having trouble with that? Come on now. As mentioned in the early posts above the AI of the monsters are quite similar to RE chainsaw and zombies, but who are we talking about here? lol Just hoping that is just the demo and it would be better in the final release.

What I like though is that this is legit horror and I had goosebumps on the extended trailer and gameplay videos. Setting aside the graphics where the "Clothing Heals" yep same old RE...It's quite good and I hope they keep the decapitations intact and alot of gore feast. Also our protagonist cannot kick or hit or even push the enemy when stunned is kinda I dunno, probably played too much RE since it's missing on the demos.

Either way I'm in to this and will get it for the PS3. Just hope there is no crap DLC of clothing, multiplayer or any other random nonsense dlc that is not needed for a survival horror.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:26   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think the horror genre is the last place where graphics should matter, and Extra Credits explained it quite well.
Old 2014-04-09, 20:48   Link #71
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

It sure feels great to be back here again. Speaking of which, here's a new trailer coming straight out of PAX.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This trailer was trippy as hell, but totally engaging. I just hope my expectations will be met upon the games release this summer. At 1:18 to 1:27... I'm so going to hate running into that, or hopefully not, those things.:
Old 2014-04-10, 01:19   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not looking forward to those tight corridors >_<

The only other thing I can think of is poor goat
Old 2014-04-11, 01:33   Link #73
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sunflowers cliche? O_o
Ok this game should be called "Silent Evil"
Old 2014-04-12, 18:20   Link #74
Miraluka
Banned

The final boss is a Jedi? At least he doesn't has a lightsaber.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:51   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, his outfit reminds me of that rival character in the now FFXV, a white cloaked figure.
Old 2014-04-15, 02:07   Link #76
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-04-15, 02:50   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Having the option to burn corpses reminds me of RE;remake and implies that some monsters might not die even if you kill them.
Old 2014-04-16, 12:53   Link #78
Miraluka
Banned

No shit, really?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 13:12   Link #79
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Having the option to burn corpses reminds me of RE;remake and implies that some monsters might not die even if you kill them.
Still, exploding and freezing crossbows...sorry, I just can't seriously see this as a survival horror anymore. Not even Mikami can escape the post-RE4 action horror trend.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 18:05   Link #80
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mikami will make a new RE4 without Leon with a dash or Silent Hill, but we dunno what are the added spices in the game.

Tags
bethesda softworks, evil that resides within, shinji mikami, survival horror, tango gameworks