AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 10:33   Link #101
Solafighter
Hige

Woohoo the last episodes will be very interesting.

Poor Sekai and Katsura.
Old 2007-09-05, 10:48   Link #102
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Another one bites the dust. Nothing more can really be said right? We all know how Makato is. Now it is the girls who are doing the bad things. One thing though, suprised they havn't had him and Katsura together........yet.

One thing though. That is not the first time I have seen those eyes on Katsura. O shit is all I can say. I also have made my guess on what ending is coming. The ending may not be a carbon copy of the games, but I see it close.

This is where it will get interesting. two episodes left and either we see a blood bath, or maybe they can actually work this out. At this point, all of them going their seperate ways would be best.

Dun, dun,.dun!
Old 2007-09-05, 10:52   Link #103
Ryuhou

If the next episode shows the worst ending imaginable..
It will make everyone think twice before cheating their gf/bf lol.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:25   Link #104
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I don't like School Days much, but this episode just made me want more.

Best episode of School Days, ever.
Also, i used to like Setsuna, but not anymore.. I thought she was smart. and Makoto is being stupid once again. Allthough the break-up was nice.

School Days Higurashi style, yeah!

Last edited by Cheezy; 2007-09-05 at 11:44.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:47   Link #105
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
On another note, I lament/ am amazed at how far anime has come. Schoolkids depicted in anime are devirginising one another in a frenzy. With plenty of angst and manipulation too. With hints of violence.
Companies are understanding that what people want to see is sex and violence. They give people the sex as far as censorship will allow them, and I"m not sure after watching Higurashi that violence has any limits any more.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:47   Link #106
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I still have mixed feelings about the taisuke/Katsura thing.

On thing's for sure: Shes gone bonkers. Totally bonkers. You can tell in the 'dinner tickets' scene. Its just not funny anymore. I had to shut it off. Seriously.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-09-05, 11:48   Link #107
Mionchan
Saishuu Heiki <3

Send a message via MSN to Mionchan
Great episode,can't wait to see the next *-*
Old 2007-09-05, 11:49   Link #108
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Episode 10:

Wow, well Taisuke really did rape Kotonoha, but she didn't even seem to care or think it was rape. I really feel bad for Kotonoha and for Nanami (she was also one of my favorite characters, short hair and/or quiet/shy type turn on here).

Kotonoha:
Not much to say about this character, since most of you know my standing on her (she has done nothing wrong, NOTHING). But, she has that look that Belldandy does from AMG! when Belldandy goes crazy b/c of Keiichi.
Spoiler for Kotonoha and Belldandy Comparison:

Nanami:
I feel bad for her too. I really liked her, she hasn't done anything wrong either (she gave a bad look to Kotonoha, but she didn't know the real circumstances). And every second I see her I am grateful for. I can't believe that guy did that to her, because he's not gonna be able to get a girl like her ever since he's apparently an otaku (wiki).

Makoto and Taisuke:
Crawl out of The Cowardly Scumbag Cave of Morons, NOW!

Sekai, Setsuna, and Otome:
BAKA!

Otome's Gang:
Get a real life, bagging on Kotonoha isn't a real or reputable one.

Ending:
I really hope the ending is gonna turn out as a happy, non-violent one for those 2 (Kotonoha and Nanami). However, as for the fore-shadowing and they way things look now, I doubt that ending is impossible (however, I suspect that the directors are gonna make it into the total opposite ending of what the anime seems to progressing into [if that made any sense ]). As for everyone else, I could careless.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:55   Link #109
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Best episode so far. I thought it was harsh those girls setting up a hidden camera in the lounge especially on that short haired girl who seemed destroyed by it.

I'm glad Kotonoha had turned pyscho, she was so irritating and I'm glad shes finally been told. I hope she kills herself and doesnt try killing Makoto which it seems like she will try. Setsuna let herself be used because she saw an outcome that could satisfy them both or so she thought, not knowing about the hidden video, so I don't think she can really be blamed. It will be interesting to see what Sekai things of Makoto now but I hope its a bad ending for Kotonoha.

For the ending, it is all leading to a bad ending, someones going to get hurt and one of them has already broken down.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:58   Link #110
tapio
sae-chan~

Great episode, wasn't as depressing as the others for a change.

If you are interested in some shots of the possible SD ending check out my post on the last page of the game tread.
Old 2007-09-05, 12:03   Link #111
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Not much to say about this...I feel sorry for Sekai since I was partial to her from the beginning. She of all people should have seen this coming.

While at first I thought there may be some good motives involved in Makoto's relationship decisions, episode 10 makes it very clear he is purely driven by lust.

Also, I read on the wiki, that the series was expected to have 12 episodes and 3 possible OAVs which may be alternate endings. For example OAV 1 is Kotonoha and Makato while the second is Sekai and Makoto
Old 2007-09-05, 12:13   Link #112
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Im hoping for a violent Loreana Bobbit-like ending for Makoto.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-09-05, 12:27   Link #113
danicrai
Sword Apprentice

man .. another ep to f*ck up all my expectations of this series .. there's no way to even predict whats gonna happen next .. i'm sure the script will change again in the last 2 ep to some degree nobody expected

i dont think Koto can stab someone .. but its a 50-50 change she might make another hole in Sekai .. as for a killing spree .. not like her .. but then again, nothing is what it seems

Mako finally broke up .. but still a spineless bastard as always

Setsu .. what she did is most likely proof that she likes Mako as well .. i'm still puzzled why Mako went after her at the airport, not just a friend .. must be more to it then meet the eye

Sekai .. lol .. she saw the tape .. cant wait to see what she will do this time .. now she feels how it is to be cheated on

Nanami .. by the looks of the tape .. she was "going down" on that guy ... maybe thats something nasty in japan .. probably she was ashamed that everyone saw it

Tai .. same old baka .. natural born baka .. but he did get in Koto's pants ..

anyway ... i think no matter what ending its gonna be, it will probably be GREAT ..
Old 2007-09-05, 12:32   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since the scene has been officially shown, let me explain why Nanami cried

Spoiler for Nanami and her sempai in the game:

like i said numerous time: EVERYONE in SD is messed up
Old 2007-09-05, 12:45   Link #115
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
GO back and watch that scene again Katsura was not aware she was not in the right state of mind she was basically zombie. A better way to put it is and i dont know if you have seen episode 10 or not but look her face when Taisuke grabs her and then go look at her face when she is standing on the bridge. Taisuke choose not to pay attention to her feelings he was thinking of him self when he did it saying nothing is no consent.
well calling katsura a zombie in that part is just plain harsh coz ur saying to look at how she looks when taisuke grabs her and at bridge is a bad comparison to prove ur point coz when katsura was at the bridge shes clearly can think for herself (unlike zombies) coz she knows makoto and setsuna are together and might be ding something unpleasant. As for taisuke raping her its still a crime yet she remember its clearly wha thappen that night so it is crystal clear that she wasnt a zombie yet she didnt push him away when the rape was happening. Im not saying that ur completely unreasonable as i mention on episode 9 discussion i cant really know for sure whats goin on in her mind when the rape happens coz i never experience it but i definitely know that she was aware on wats goin on yet she didnt do anything to prevent it. thats what i thought when i watched the scene.

I just dont get the part where setsuna offered her body to makoto that some of the viewers thinks that she was trying to help sekia and by not being selfish coz shes sacrificing her body by forcing makoto to break up with evryone and makking makoto promise to take care of sekia by giving up her body isnt that plain stupidity and selfishness in her part. Why would u give ur own body to stop ur bestfriend BF to cheat on her isnt that just satisfying her own self coz in the first place she wants a wonderful memory with the guy and clearly she liked him. while trying to tell her self that shes doing it to help her friend, isnt it just the opposite in this case giving ur own body is the worst thing to do in order to help your bestfriend. Shes clearly an intelligent girl isnt there any other way to help her by not giving up ur own body?.

As for katsura i pity her for cluelessness but in the same time felt sorry for her. She doesnt deserve this cruel faith. Taisuke on the other hand i want to chop his finger one by one and make him regret for what he did to katsura. as for sekia i got one word for her *KARMA*. I geuss for makoto keep up the playboy routine while u can soon enough u will be a minced meat.
Old 2007-09-05, 12:48   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Nanami and her sempai in the game:
You know, since watching episode 10 i've been wondering why this wasn't mentioned. Sure the message came across as "doesn't want to be seen doing those kind of things", and they probably didn't have enough time for this to be added in.

Still, would have been nice.
Old 2007-09-05, 12:51   Link #117
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Spoiler for Kotonoha and Belldandy Comparison:
Lol, I've seen those expression alot when I'm caught watching anime instead of working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Setsuna let herself be used because she saw an outcome that could satisfy them both or so she thought,
I might be wrong but I thought I saw tears in Setsuna's eyes when she pleaded with Makoto. I wouldn't take those tears and consider them tears of joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
like i said numerous time: EVERYONE in SD is messed up
I still haven't seen any flaws in Hikari, but then again I have bad memories.
Old 2007-09-05, 12:56   Link #118
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Setsuna let herself be used because she saw an outcome that could satisfy them both or so she thought, not knowing about the hidden video, so I don't think she can really be blamed.
Honestly this whole scene felt forced. As if the writers were just looking for a way to get Makoto to sleep with every possible girl.
Old 2007-09-05, 13:00   Link #119
TigerII
Pilot in Training

^^ Exactly. It is all about adding to his belt.

The only thing I hope a non violent ending.

UNLESS they make it an all out brawl with machine guns and flamethrowers included.

And everyone in this damn show should be forced to go to a psychology camp and be forced to completely change their mind. Brainwash them all into perfect little children...yes precious....

Or just hit the restart button and make Makato go to another school.
Old 2007-09-05, 13:32   Link #120
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

ANyone else wish more time in the anime was spent on Nanami, her character feels under developed and she seems to be one of the nicer SD characters?
Closed Thread