AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 02:47   Link #901
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Fridge-kun, be glad people are still willing to give you a harem even though you're reduced to conserved meat.
Just wait until he comes back as Cyber Kakine.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 22:46   Link #902
Squire James

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
In one of the Railgun TV episodes, there's a flashback that shows where Kuroko's adoration for Mikoto came from.
I don't think Kuroko had any idea where that timely rescue came from at the time, though she likely figured it out later. There is a big gap between that episode and the second episode, where it was told that Kuroko kicked out Mikoto's first roommate and moved in - unknown whether the first roommate deserved it, or was just in her way! A lot is still not known here and plenty of room for a decent-sized story...

There's a fair bit of hero worship going on there that explains those blushes and such better than a harem effect does. She's pretty much what most students in Academy City aspire to be: a level 5 esper who isn't bat-crap insane!
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 22:59   Link #903
Squire James

As far as some of the other shipping being suggested here, the Accelerator/Worst combo seems most likely. They seem to be able to interact like equals, and even seem to have a bit of an easy-going funny rapport going on (a lot less awkward than Accelerator/Last Order).

Pairing Kakine with anyone would kind of assume he'd ever give a flip enough about anyone to even feel physical lust, which doesn't appear to have happened yet.

Of course, a fan fiction could get away with putting all the character's names on slips of paper, draw two from a hat, and ship them. I mean, a Baba x Itsawa fanfic isn't any more far-fetched than some of these others I've heard here!
Old 2012-08-25, 23:26   Link #904
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire James View Post
Pairing Kakine with anyone would kind of assume he'd ever give a flip enough about anyone to even feel physical lust, which doesn't appear to have happened yet.
If you're going to use that as an argument point, remember that the same could be said for Accelerator
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 21:45   Link #905
Squire James

Well, Accelerator started out kind of like that, but he changed. Kakine, the last we saw of him, did not.

Another decent reason most Kakine pairings wouldn't work is that a Brain in a Jar tends to be limited in its romantic capabilities...

Anyway, this is getting kind of far afield here, I don't exactly want Mikoto to reach through the Internet and shock me for talking too much about Accelerator and Kakine in a thread that's supposed to be devoted to her!
Old 2012-08-30, 05:37   Link #906
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire James View Post
I don't think Kuroko had any idea where that timely rescue came from at the time, though she likely figured it out later. There is a big gap between that episode and the second episode, where it was told that Kuroko kicked out Mikoto's first roommate and moved in - unknown whether the first roommate deserved it, or was just in her way! A lot is still not known here and plenty of room for a decent-sized story...

There's a fair bit of hero worship going on there that explains those blushes and such better than a harem effect does. She's pretty much what most students in Academy City aspire to be: a level 5 esper who isn't bat-crap insane!
Actually doesn't Kuroko mention that Misaka's old roommate was pretty much a jerk to Misaka? I'm sure many girls there would be jealous of Misaka since she's so talented and kind, talent and kindness tends to draw out the worse of some people that are lacking in such areas.

After all, Misaka is constantly mentioned as being far different than other Level 5's and before the Saten thing she didn't see nothing wrong with trying to encourage even level 0's to reach to be level 5 which she didn't understand that for most people that isn't possible.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 14:44   Link #907
SioniS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Anime One Poll: Fans' Favorite Tsundere Character

Here! I'm not posting this because i care. I just doing this because i feel like it.
This is from a while back, but I find it hilarious that Stiyl is included in this list.

As far as Misaka's 'harem' I always put it down to respect and a healthy dose of the big sister effect. :P. Its not unusual for girls to get non romantic crushes.

I don't ship myself, but I always find it fun looking at the pairings people come up with, especially considering the series has steered pretty clear of romance for the most part. People have the weirdest imaginations.

An alternate universe To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun RP
Want to play your favourite characters? We are currently recruiting Canon players.
SioniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 10:45   Link #908
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

NHK Radio Show Lists Top 10 Anime Heroine Finalists

Congratulations on Mikoto being one of the 10 finalists.
Old 2012-12-15, 11:14   Link #909
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
NHK Radio Show Lists Top 10 Anime Heroine Finalists

Congratulations on Mikoto being one of the 10 finalists.
Be warned, though: the list is not in order.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 11:50   Link #910
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
NHK's Shibuya Anime Land radio show announced on Friday the 10 finalists who will compete to be crowned the number one anime heroine in the past 50 years.
BS!!!

Most of them except for Haruka from the arcade series Idolm@ster while Sakura and Rei are from the '95.

The other are practically who is your waifu list .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 14:35   Link #911
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
BS!!!

Most of them except for Haruka from the arcade series Idolm@ster while Sakura and Rei are from the '95.

The other are practically who is your waifu list .
BS!
This list is a 100% waifu list, there's no freaking exception in there.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:31   Link #912
leukrota

Quote:
NHK's Shibuya Anime Land radio show announced on Friday the 10 finalists who will compete to be crowned the number one anime heroine in the past 50 years.
ROFLMAO, 50 years?

The vast mayority of the audience won't remember past 10 years (or maybe even past 5)... How idiotic.

Taking my personal experience, I haven't seen many anime that are more than 20 years old... Just who is judging this thing?

@relentlessflame - Ah, sorry, I let myself get caught in the derail... though I still question the validity of this "award"... Even if I like Mikoto, it doesn't feel right.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 21:47   Link #913
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Rukia... how in hell is Rukia there... and yeah the oldest there is Rei which is what... 18 years ago?
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 00:40   Link #914
tsunade666

I believe in Rei but where is Asuka? but the hell! I got to agree. WTF is Rukia doing there? sounds fishy and >_> pretty much bias.

But its obvious to see Mikoto there. The princess earn a place in every darn poll.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:34   Link #915
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

First time posting aside from the presentation thread.. Nervous much but..

I have a question, is there any official birth date for Misaka?
I do remember one of the Raildex threads mentioning there wasn't but apparently there is..
Old 2013-04-05, 14:03   Link #916
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentatsumi View Post
First time posting aside from the presentation thread.. Nervous much but..

I have a question, is there any official birth date for Misaka?
I do remember one of the Raildex threads mentioning there wasn't but apparently there is..
Nope, don't recall any data about the main cast's birthdate.

I think Aleister is the only one in the series with a confirmed date (12 October 1875)
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:14   Link #917
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Well.. because on MAL it says it's the 5th of april, which is today for me..
At that i'm getting called the worst fan ever for not knowing..
Old 2013-04-05, 16:10   Link #918
leukrota

I've never seen any reference to her birthday that had a trustable source, so I wouldn't worry much about it.

MAL is not a trustable source, BTW.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:16   Link #919
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

None of the characters have their birth date revealed.

And the only reason Aleister does is because he's base off a real life person.

And MAL sucks for anything other than keeping track of shows.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:58   Link #920
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentatsumi View Post
Well.. because on MAL it says it's the 5th of april, which is today for me..
Or you just happen to be a victim of a late April's fool .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote