Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 14:45   Link #81
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
Yeah is it just me or did he get over stella's death real fast I mean I thought at the very least he cared for her if not loved her then all of a sudden he is with Luna. What is with that ??? Stella must be turning over in her grave
I told you man, he digs Luna because she sounds like his sister . Having Mayuu Sakamoto do both voices is not a coincidence

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 14:47   Link #82
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

but but...what about Mwu? I'm still trippin how they changed things to bring him back (sighs)

Fukuda - damn...we can't come up w/ a blonde haired, middle aged guy to put on a white mask helmet thingy for some odd reason....HEY! what about that Mwu guy from the first GS?

Assitstant - he died sir...

Fukuda - damn...well lets see here, lets change a few things about his "death" and rerelease a special movie and take out that little bit w/ his helmet on it and BAM! we got a blonde haired, mask helmet guy for my series

George Bush - genius!
Old 2006-07-19, 14:52   Link #83
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
I told you man, he digs Luna because she sounds like his sister . Having Mayuu Sakamoto do both voices is not a coincidence

- Tak
I guess you right his relationship with his sister was already werid I mean the flashback's always holding her phone I wonder if they were trying to send a subtle message. I think you will really have to be worried when Shinn tells luna to dress up like his sister and grow her hair out the same way as her can you say Sister Issues
Old 2006-07-19, 14:54   Link #84
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
I thought Gundam Wing took all of the Zues toys I guess he had a hidden stash
No I think ZEUS stepped on Strike-Freedom while walking up the stairs and hurt his feet so he kicked it out of the window and Terminal found it XD...

and the rest is history...

In the case of Infinite-Justice I believe his kid just got bored with it...Apollo doesn't like detachable jet-packs ...
Old 2006-07-19, 14:54   Link #85
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
but but...what about Mwu? I'm still trippin how they changed things to bring him back (sighs)

Fukuda - damn...we can't come up w/ a blonde haired, middle aged guy to put on a white mask helmet thingy for some odd reason....HEY! what about that Mwu guy from the first GS?

Assitstant - he died sir...

Fukuda - damn...well lets see here, lets change a few things about his "death" and rerelease a special movie and take out that little bit w/ his helmet on it and BAM! we got a blonde haired, mask helmet guy for my series

George Bush - genius!
Dying is a mere technicality in CE there is no death you can't be brought back from even a positron canon disentigrating your mobile suit.
Old 2006-07-19, 15:02   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
No I think ZEUS stepped on Strike-Freedom while walking up the stairs and hurt his feet so he kicked it out of the window and Terminal found it XD...

and the rest is history...

In the case of Infinite-Justice I believe his kid just got bored with it...Apollo doesn't like detachable jet-packs ...
do you think he "gave" humans Eva's just cause he didn't want to wipe em out directly to start over?
Old 2006-07-19, 15:18   Link #87
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
What's worse having to rely on sensors or having to rely on your own eyes??(When fighting and after-image based Gundam)
I heard somewhere that mirrage colloid emission can be detected. So with CE's display of mobile suit computer, it is not impossible that, if not all mobile suits, then at least the elite ones can be equipped with sensors to detect those after-images and separate them from the true target. Of course this was not shown, but there's many things that aren't shown so it's possible.

And besides, Destiny's greatest asset (besides its armaments) is its speed, not those images. So this is why I think those images are just there to give Destiny some edge in a fight since it's not as well equipped as certain mobile suits in specific areas. Even with sensors, Destiny's speed could still make some some use of its images, but it doesn't mean it will work against everyone.
Old 2006-07-19, 15:30   Link #88
Tak

Quote:
I think you will really have to be worried when Shinn tells luna to dress up like his sister and grow her hair out the same way as her can you say Sister Issues
Just read some of the Doujins about this very subject matter, and be very amused...

- Tak (And I thought I would never come across doujins featuring Gundam sisters cosplay fetish...)
Old 2006-07-19, 15:39   Link #89
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Just read some of the Doujins about this very subject matter, and be very amused...
I don't know I don't want to be scarred for life. I like Shinn alot but his behavior was already kind of odd I would never be able to look at him the same way
Old 2006-07-19, 15:41   Link #90
shaolo

One thing is that Seed's story is made for Kira as the main and Destiny's story is made for Shinn as the main character. Now in Destiny, 3/4 of the stroy is driven by the new cast and the old cast internact with the new cast to support the story. The last half of the story is driven three characters Cagalli, Lacus,and Durandal. At that point, neither Shinn nor Kira have that much of a influence in the last half of the story. To go to the point, Kira steps in the spotlight and become a bigger robot just to sell SF model and no improvement to his character. As for Shinn, Shinn cries even more for being born and toss to the side for fukuda's first born.

Well we known how the WoL work. Not in get detill but how it work with the hybrid reactor. Now the big question is the propulsion and how it work in the CE universe.
Old 2006-07-19, 15:45   Link #91
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

what are doujins?
Old 2006-07-19, 15:51   Link #92
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo
Well we known how the WoL work. Not in get detill but how it work with the hybrid reactor. Now the big question is the propulsion and how it work in the CE universe.
Works perfectly fine ............ against grunts, where its not needed

Doesnt do jack against Athrun and Kira where help is drasticly needed - therefore : useless
Old 2006-07-19, 15:52   Link #93
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
what are doujins?
They are amateur self-published works, including but not limited to manga, novels, fan guides, art collections, music and video games. They are basically made by fans and are not official usually they have the characters doing some pretty unusual things if you know what I mean
Old 2006-07-19, 16:02   Link #94
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
I heard somewhere that mirrage colloid emission can be detected. So with CE's display of mobile suit computer, it is not impossible that, if not all mobile suits, then at least the elite ones can be equipped with sensors to detect those after-images and separate them from the true target. Of course this was not shown, but there's many things that aren't shown so it's possible.

And besides, Destiny's greatest asset (besides its armaments) is its speed, not those images. So this is why I think those images are just there to give Destiny some edge in a fight since it's not as well equipped as certain mobile suits in specific areas. Even with sensors, Destiny's speed could still make some some use of its images, but it doesn't mean it will work against everyone.
Wow an actual response that furthers the debate...Imagine that....Given DESTINYs unrivaled speed in this area, an attack utilizing WoL at it's full potential could be amazing(Obviously grunts can't really be counted since GSD grunts rank as the worst in Gundam)....The speed factor plus the image factor could be nearly unstoppable (Not that it would work on everyone, but couldn't it be tried?)...I'm not sure if just because you read MC emissions that you can hit it...I mean it still has an unpredictable element to it...I don't think it was ever used to the max...While it's an illusionary effect, to those who don't and probably wouldn't use any sensors when facing it for the first time why isn't it more effective?? Because Kira is Kira is the easy answer...because Shinn is an idiot pilot is even easier...But when it comes to dodging beam sprays (like the ones in Final Plus) that technique should be even better I think...If it's capable of doing just 1% of what F-91 can do it could have showcased that particular skill much better (But I will admit dodging Kira's dragoons and beam sprays only using it minimally is somewhat impressive, I can't expect Shinn to dodge what seems like 10,000 shots and still dodge a railgun aswell)...The science is as such a joke if a technique that drains your energy like WoL after-images is that futile of a technique...Again if this should be a pretty viable technique...Is S-F WoL draining his nuclear reactor?? Obviously not since it's just mascara...I know it's hard to stop throwing perfect spirals with these nerf footballs but it's all a bit unsettling to me...
Old 2006-07-19, 16:09   Link #95
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
They are amateur self-published works, including but not limited to manga, novels, fan guides, art collections, music and video games. They are basically made by fans and are not official usually they have the characters doing some pretty unusual things if you know what I mean
sex

uh oh...I let the cat out of the bag
Old 2006-07-19, 16:10   Link #96
Tak

Quote:
Quite the contrary. Usually, if you want to publish a doujin, you do not self publish, you actually have to seek out a publisher for your work (then they sign contracts, and a circle usually sticks with one publication company for life...). The process is very much akin to publishing other popular media.

But yes, they do have... unusual... things in there... yeah. Still, Doujins are probably one of the most accuracte testimonies to character popularity.

Quote:
sex

uh oh...I let the cat out of the bag
That is fine Until you see exactly what kind of positions they are engaging that activity in. Let me see, incest seem to be a vastly popular subject as of late... (Shinn, that is why I don't like you ok. You dream about your lil' sister too much in those alternative publications!)

- Tak (Like Kos-Mos version 1, it had gazillions of doujins until that uglified version 2 put an abrupt end to it. I can only pray Version 3 & 4 will change the trend *sniff*)
Old 2006-07-19, 16:14   Link #97
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
(ok Shinn, that is why I don't like you ok. You dream about your lil' sister too much in those alternative publications!)
XD

(looks at one when fake Lacus snuck into Athruns' room) :gasps: naughty naughty; SEED Mode Athrun XD
Old 2006-07-19, 16:16   Link #98
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Quite the contrary. Usually, if you want to publish a doujin, you do not self publish, you actually have to seek out a publisher for your work (then they sign contracts, and a circle usually sticks with one publication company for life...). The process is very much akin to publishing other popular media.

But yes, they do have... unusual... things in there... yeah. Still, Doujins are probably one of the most accuracte testimonies to character popularity.

That is fine Until you see exactly what kind of positions they are engaging that activity in. Let me see, incest seem to be a vastly popular subject as of late... (Shinn, that is why I don't like you ok. You dream about your lil' sister too much in those alternative publications!)

- Tak (Like Kos-Mos version 1, it had gazillions of doujins until that uglified version 2 put an abrupt end to it. I can only pray Version 3 & 4 will change the trend *sniff*)
It just goes to show you that some people have some pretty odd imaginations and desire's when it comes to their favorite characters. Shinn ahh why do you have to dream about your sister like that tisk tisk it's just not right especially when you've got luna.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:31   Link #99
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Works perfectly fine ............ against grunts, where its not needed

Doesnt do jack against Athrun and Kira where help is drasticly needed - therefore : useless

Actually, it did work on Kira for about third Shinn use the WoL before the Destiny ran out of gas.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:32   Link #100
Tak

And of course, Mayu gets her own toy, despite being shot dead in the first episode and had absolutely no character development whatsoever!

BEHOLD, THE MAYU PVC!

- Tak (I think I might be pushing it. I shall not plauge this thread further with Shinn x Mayu websites.)

Last edited by Tak; 2006-07-19 at 16:50.
Closed Thread