AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 13:57   Link #4941
LoveYouSaber

Seriously, we need to do much better. Not fun to let fans struggle for 120+ mins and go through the ordeal of a penalty shootout.

BUT THANK GOD FOR FABIANSKI~! We're through to the Finals~!!
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:15   Link #4942
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Ugly win but at least they're through. Sanogo again put in a solid shift (although he should have buried the chance when he was put through on goal). He already offers more than Giroud. With that said, he shouldn't be the #2 striker off the bench or someone to spell Giroud in such an important match. Ox is still playing good football and I pray Rambo stays healthy down the stretch. Now they need to get back on track in the Prem and handle business in May against Hull/Sheffield.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2014-04-12 at 16:31.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 06:23   Link #4943
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Come on... FA Final...
Win it boys. Time to clean that trophy cabinet...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 09:46   Link #4944
oompa loompa

As an arsenal fan, things are at the brink of disaster nightmare apocalypse. Liverpool are going to do what we couldn't.. and we're not going to get top 4. I mean.. LIVERPOOL for god sakes.. god I hope chelski bury them when they play
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 13:23   Link #4945
Nerroth
NePoi!

Atlanta has been confirmed as the next MLS expansion franchise, set to enter play in the 2017 season. They'll play in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium, which is reported to be designed with the same kind of retractable roof used by the Vancouver Whitecaps over at BC Place.

(Technically, ATL will be team number #22, since David Beckham's planned Miami team has not been given an on-field start date at this point.)

What their entry means for the current second-division Atlanta Silverbacks remains to be seen. (Unlike in some past expansion rounds, the lower-division club in the area has not been involved in these new plans. But they have started to talk to each other.)

This leaves one more slot available in order to fill the league's goal to have 24 teams in play by 2020. Seemingly, the current front-runner for slot #24 is Minnesota, though which of two rival bids there (one by Minnesota United and the Minnesota Twins' ownership aimed at building a new soccer-specific stadium at the Minnesota Farmer's Market, and another by the Minnesota Vikings ownership seeking to host a team at the new Vikings stadium) will win out remains to be seen.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-04-17 at 13:37.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:31   Link #4946
oompa loompa

its only appropriate that the first time jose murinhou loses at stamford bridge, its against the team at the bottom of the table
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:10   Link #4947
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Reports are coming in(From various sources) that Manchester United will consider sacking Moyes and if they do, Giggs will takeover until Summer.

I hope they sack Moyes and bring in Klopp ASAP.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 09:51   Link #4948
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Reports are coming in(From various sources) that Manchester United will consider sacking Moyes and if they do, Giggs will takeover until Summer.

That's the worst news I heard all week.

Though on the positive side, since we haven't been able to take points off Manchester United even this season, maybe them getting better next year might help take points off other competitors instead of gifting them three points...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 10:45   Link #4949
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post

About damn time if true! Just flush this turd already.

If some people were not convinced about David Moyes matching the purest definition of "sheer incompetence" before yesterday, they sure are now. If you saw his post-match reaction yesterday, you would wonder what the hell is this guy smoking. I'm following the news while playing Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix on loop.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 12:47   Link #4950
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't think Klopp will want to manage united. not his style.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 22:39   Link #4951
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, there is another rumour that van Gaal will take charge instead of Klopp...
And tag #SaveMoyes has been circulated in twitter since last night as fans from other club trolls around...
Old 2014-04-21, 22:48   Link #4952
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, there is another rumour that van Gaal will take charge instead of Klopp...
And tag #SaveMoyes has been circulated in twitter since last night as fans from other club trolls around...
You knows that they are enjoying it

Under "Dave's not going anywhere"
Old 2014-04-21, 23:21   Link #4953
justavisitor

Got to say,as a mu fan, I always know coaching is important, but never thought it would be that important until this season. What a difference a good coach/manager can make. I guess all other good managers would be quite happy as they finally get the recognition and a possible salary rise XD

this year is like a beginner playing fifa14 and ruining a good team XD

And, well, as a football fan, I hope Gerrard can finally win the EPL for once. He definitely deserves it
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 02:47   Link #4954
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The news just came down fresh and confirmed. David Moyes got SACKED IN THE MORNING!

http://news.sky.com/story/1246894/da...united-manager

Quote:
David Moyes Sacked As Manchester United Manager

Tuesday 22 April 2014

David Moyes has been sacked as Manchester United boss and Ryan Giggs will take over until the end of the season.

A statement on the club's website said: "Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the Club.

"The Club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role."

Moyes was informed of the decision this morning at the club's Carrington training ground, said Sky News' Paul Kelso.

Speculation over his sacking started yesterday, after United's 2-0 weekend defeat to Moyes' former club Everton.

The result left them in seventh and meant it was mathematically impossible for the Premier League champions to qualify for next season's Champions League.

The team have also endured defeats this season to bitter rivals Manchester City and Liverpool.

There has reportedly been discontent among some of the club's top players during Moyes' brief time at Old Trafford.

Moyes was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson as his successor and awarded a six-year contract but is now in line for a sizeable pay-off.

Former Manchester United star Gary Neville told Sky: "The results have been poor as a fan. I haven't enjoyed watching it. The performances have got worse and worse."

Favourites to replace the Scot include Louis van Gaal, the manager of the Dutch national side, and Borussia Dotmund boss Jurgen Klopp.

More follows
Let the hunt for the next manager begin!

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-04-22 at 03:29.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 03:08   Link #4955
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Gigg! Giggs! Make Giggs the manager! Once a Red Devil, always a Red Devil!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 03:08   Link #4956
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Nice!

Now either of Klopp or Van Gaal, please!
Old 2014-04-22, 04:50   Link #4957
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Tragic. David Moyes was the best manager Liverpool ever had!

Irresponsible, terrible decision.

Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 05:16   Link #4958
Azuma Denton
~AD~

If MU get Klopp, damn I dunno what will happen to Arsenal next year while still under Wenger's touch...
Old 2014-04-22, 05:54   Link #4959
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
If MU get Klopp, damn I dunno what will happen to Arsenal next year while still under Wenger's touch...
Klopp has personally ruled out.

We should still test his resolve, though. >_>
Old 2014-04-22, 07:33   Link #4960
justavisitor

before you know it, SAF will pick Paul Lambert from Aston Villa because he is a Scottish....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer