4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 15:32   Link #1301
alvadores

CODE GEASS should get the...

the 2008 Tokyo International Anime Fair BEST ANIME SERIES award!

Well done sunrise!
alvadores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:32   Link #1302
End Bringer

With the amount of people in this show who have survived either being shot multiple times, or somehow escape a weapon of mass destruction, I'm going to have to go with the thought that Lelouch is alive. He ended up giving everyone the kind of peace that they all wished for, fullfilled his desire of learning what happened with his mother and destroying Britannia as it was, and now he's spending his time slumming the country side with C.C. to give her the happiness in life she always wished for.

People can disagree with this, as ambiguous endings make things uncertain by their very nature, but it also allows you to believe the ending you want to believe. And personally I think an ending where Lelouch is fullfilling C.C.'s wish (the one deep down) that got this whole thing started to be fitting.
End Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:32   Link #1303
attobyte

Well, at first based on Lelouch talk I thought he had acted as a medium and transfered C.C.'s code to Suzaku so he can "eternally" sacrifice himself for the world's sake.
However, after C.C's talk at the end I think Suzaku will be Zero for the rest of his life and when Charles with his right hand (where V.V's code was) grabed Lelouch's neck the code was transfered to Lelouch and when Suzaku killed him soon after the code activated turning Lelouch into an immortal so since the face of the charioteer was not shown he may be Lelouch and from now on he'll live with C.C. really eternally.
In either case, some question were left unaswered:
Why C.C. was looking at (children) Suzaku and Lelouch way back in R1 ep.01 ?
What's the relation between Suzaku and the geass (probably a droped plot as someone said) ?
What's the relation between Loyd and Larsharta ? (probably the same as Loyd and Milley, Loyd's lack of interest in romance).
My hope is that a post epilogue DVD only ep. 26 or a new set of picture books(not that I saw the first set) will be released filling the plot roles.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:33   Link #1304
Salahuddin
Zechs is secks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
you know what the scary thing is?

Even if Sunrise lopped off his head fanboys would still say he is alive by making the evidence fit the conclusion.
Apparently if you have the code none of that matters. Otherwise C.C. or V.V. would have tried strapping themselves onto a nuke.
Salahuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:34   Link #1305
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Which brings me another thing

If Jeremiah knew why didn't Lelouch tell Kallen?

If a woman loved me the least you could do was to give her a dear John letter, instead he probably causes her to be a single woman all her life.
CONTRARY to that... Lelouch dies so that Kallen can freakin MOVE on lol... if he is still alive, Kallen would NEVER move on hoping to find him one day...
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:35   Link #1306
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
But in the previous episode, C.C. told Kallen that "I want to end this accumilation called "experience". So it seemed like she still wanted to die.
Ah, but Kallen counters that by saying how very human that was, as such I interpret that C.C will simply change her attitude about how she regarded life as an experience and instead start living

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
I wish I can be more optimistic too. But there are worse rulers in history than the evil emperor image that Lelouch made himself, and overthrowing them sure as heck didn't end war.

The only way to create so-called "peace everlasting" is to go Schneizel or Charle's routes, to freeze the world in a state of eternal stagnation. Lelouch wanted change and evolution. I think he knew and accepted the possibility of future conflict and war when he pulled his "Zero Requiem". All he had hoped to do was halt present conflict and set an heroic image for future generations to follow. Most people want peace and prosperity, but there are always folks out there who'd love to stir things up for their own gains/believes. More often than not these people are in the seats of power.

In this way, the ending of Code Geass for me is both hopeful and despairing.
Ah, but they never got as far as he did in the end, and that was to bring the whole world under his control, thus striking the message home to everyone. At the same time, they didn't have a hero to rally around to provide the symbol in which they all needed to bring their thoughts of opposition against him to manifest

And Lelouch has removed these people from the seat of power, and helped establish those who do genuinely want peace and prosperity, now they have the fortitude to challenge those who would undermine it, as I think per Lelouch beliefs that they will uphold the symbol of Zero and oppose the one of Lelouch, and thus I will give more credit and benefit to his destruction and reconstruction schemes

I think that on this note, I will bank on the hopeful one as have previous Sunrise series illustrated before
Old 2008-09-28, 15:35   Link #1307
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Well, at first based on Lelouch talk I thought he had acted as a medium and transfered C.C.'s code to Suzaku so he can "eternally" sacrifice himself for the world's sake.
However, after C.C's talk at the end I think Suzaku will be Zero for the rest of his life and when Charles with his right hand (where V.V's code was) grabed Lelouch's neck the code was transfered to Lelouch and when Suzaku killed him soon after the code activated turning Lelouch into an immortal so since the face of the charioteer was not shown he may be Lelouch and from now on he'll live with C.C. really eternally.
In either case, some question were left unaswered:
Spoiler for questions:
Well there's the manga and hopefully the manga will answer a few of the questions left from the tv series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
Apparently if you have the code none of that matters. Otherwise C.C. or V.V. would have tried strapping themselves onto a nuke.
excellent point.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:35   Link #1308
Harimo Haria

How exactly do you get into the world of c? Unless all people with Geass can get in once they die, the guy driving the chariot is Lelouch. Or it's one of those classic "I'm just thinking out loud to myself anime scenes."
Harimo Haria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:35   Link #1309
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvadores View Post

Well done sunrise!
This should get an oscar... if there is an oscar for animation XD
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:37   Link #1310
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
This should get an oscar... if there is an oscar for animation XD
There are no oscars for an animation except a few international awards.

Heh heh I can't wait for the 4 komas .

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:38   Link #1311
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
To clairfy, what C.C desires now is to live, as Lelouch urged her to do previously. As for the smile part, and the love thing, I'm of those who thinks that he is alive and likely driving the horse carriage, so this just adds more weight to how I feel on the subject

What's realistic in you terms of view? I believe more then documents, or agreements between nations, a real peace has to be obtained through the will to sustain it, and that must come from every individual who lives under it, thus encompassing the whole world. It is by will that we move forward, that we seek to grasp this thing known as peace and happiness, and it is through stirring peoples wills that I think we can achieve as such. As for Suzaku, well he wanted it that way and it becomes more important that Lelouch can't be there for him now after obtaining it in the first place, Kallen is living up her life in the new world so I don't know why you're complaining about her, and Nunnally is also working in sustaining this dream that she and her bothered shared.

What, can't watch T.V anymore? What about that whole sometime down the line this will fail bit, I imagine Lelouch will have more flexibility in that regard later on.

And you know what Charred? I'm getting just freaking sick of your rather simplistic and utter defamation of what Lelouch is and what he has done, in the end he's the guy who managed to bring about world peace as I said he would, he's the guy with the results, and that speaks more then what ever you're saying I feel.
Did Lelouch attain world Peace?

No Suzaku did, his the one that's going to keep it going, not the EVIL Emperor. The world needs to be rebuilt, those who would do the world harm must be stopped.

Instead of the lazy Lelouch it will be Suzaku who does that.

Obviously, Lelouch has no plans for if this fails, if he did he would need plastic surgery and I don't think plastic surgery will work on an immortal.

Also Lelouch is fictional I hold fictional characters to a higher standard than I would actual people. By fictional standards I feel that people like Captain America, or Superman are better.

Lelouch leaves his best friend to do all the dirty work, he doesn't even tell the woman who loves him that his still alive, and Nunnaly blames herself for his death.

Don't worry his screwing C.C in the hayloft, and Jeremiah might now.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:38   Link #1312
skeezer

Send a message via AIM to skeezer
Love it! ...I still can't believe it, great ending for a great anime.
skeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:38   Link #1313
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimo Haria View Post
How exactly do you get into the world of c? Unless all people with Geass can get in once they die, the guy driving the chariot is Lelouch. Or it's one of those classic "I'm just thinking out loud to myself anime scenes."
CC fully moves her head up....Towards the driver when she says, "right lelouch?"
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:38   Link #1314
Ithonya

I cried over the ending. Lelouch's was the original plan but seeing as Lelouch is my favorite character still makes it quite sad. Clues that he is still alive annoys me because that though will never be proven

Another thing I don't like about the ending is the whole Tohdoh and Chiba thing. Why the hell didn't you tell him about your feelings!? Man.......it would have been the perfect time to tell him.....but yet she couldn't find the courage to tell him.
Typical
Ithonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:40   Link #1315
snarf2691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
An absolute open ending that Sunrise can manipulate as they see fit. If they decided to end the franchise, then lelouch will most likely be dead. Although they could always include a picture drama in the DVD to show that he is alive.

But it really sux to see that there is no explanation to Geass and C.C. real name.

I can really forsee the possible title of the Code Geass Movie if they decide to continue.

Schneizal's Counterattack!!!

2 years later, the geass on Schneizal weakens (I think it is shown that Geass does not casted does not last forever) and Schneizals breaks free from his geass.

Secretly, he delves into heavy research into geass itself, revealing geass true nature. He plots to once again use the power of geass to conquer the world (Rewrite the memories of the entire world via world of C).

Lelouch felt the disturbance of the world of C. He calls C.C via her real name and once again don the mask to save the world.
that would actually work haha. but i think it's safe to say that we wont be seeing a movie if he indeed is still alive. possibly an ova, but probably not a movie.

Quote:
Which brings me another thing

If Jeremiah knew why didn't Lelouch tell Kallen?

If a woman loved me the least you could do was to give her a dear John letter, instead he probably causes her to be a single woman all her life.
well it seems like kallen knew about his actions at the end during her little monologue. it could be that suzaku or nunnally told her, but maybe he did leave her a letter or message of some sort that would tell her this was his intention.
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:40   Link #1316
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler for Ep. 25:

--> This is the last anime I'm watching the ended. What to do? What to do?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:41   Link #1317
Southern Cross
Crux

Regardless whether or not Lelouch is dead, I think the impact of the Zero Requiem's orchestration comes through it's symbolism. The manner of which Lelouch chose to die left such a powerful impression that it would essentially cement the shift towards the tomorrow he wished for. Although he used his Geass recklessly to accomplish that wish, his humility was apparent in that he knew that the path he chose inevitably would have to end with his death in order for that wish to be truly realized the way he wanted it to.

It would be the execution of his death that would determine how his wish was realized.

By relinquishing his association with Zero and bestowing it upon the believed-to-be-dead and hax Suzaku, he basically immortalizes the legend of Zero as a hero on behalf of the free world while ensuring that the path to peace does not necessarily lead to anarchy (I believe that Zero is the essential figure that glues together the reestablishment of order and peace in the free world).

His apparently ironic position as the authoritative ruler over all the world would end with his death at the hands of his own invention. I think the symbolism behind that message would have been apparent to almost everyone who would be involved with the future, thus punctuating the culmination of the end of Imperial Britannia (being further symbolized by Lelouch sliding down the Britannian flag with his blood making that old symbol of oppression virtually unrecognizable.)

So Lelouch's wish for a better tomorrow devoid of war and oppression was achieved through the breaking of his own vessel filled to the brim of the world's sins and lies in a way that the "old order" of imperialism and fear would be completely erased with his loss. "Zero" lives on as a legendary hero and an engine for change, the last link on the chain of truly Imperial Britannia is broken, and the world is free from fearing the unstoppable and unfair power of the geass.

I can't judge whether or not Lelouch was truly justified or had truly atoned by the end of the series, but I still believe the impact of the Zero Requiem succeeded in its goal. That's enough for me to harbor some admiration towards Lelouch's final act of sacrifice. I would not necessarily compare him to Christ himself, but I will "dare" to say that it can be called an inverse of Christ's actions (I won't say anti-Christ because it's the exact opposite in all aspects) in a way, forgiving the sins of everyone else by overshadowing it with his own before making the final sacrifice of death, thus giving the appearance that all sin was destroyed in the process. Ideally, it can't be true, but I think the symbolism behind his death make it so that everyone still living at such a turbulent time believed in it enough to actually work to contribute for the better tomorrow without sin.

The above is reinforced by Kallen's revelation that the energy that was once spent on war and conquest did actually shift to human development.

It was a shaky road over the past few episodes, and but I think that the ending tied most loose ends.

Granted, there were a lot of unresolved issues (Nunnally opening her eyes, for example) but I will forgive those involved with the writing and directing of Code Geass in that their true intentions for Code Geass were not actually realized because of the deadlines forced upon them, from what I know and understand.

I was pleasantly surprised in the execution of the end of Code Geass, therefore I will rate this episode a 10. Although the end is tragic in a sense, there is also an extremely great sense of hope for the world of Code Geass weaved. It's probably the most artistic tragic and bittersweet end I've seen by an anime of this caliber for a while, and I hope that this all explains my generous rating well enough.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:42   Link #1318
attobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvadores View Post

Well done sunrise!
I agree except for the

Spoiler for Utawarerumono and Spice and Wolf ending:
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:44   Link #1319
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Did Lelouch attain world Peace?

No Suzaku did, his the one that's going to keep it going, not the EVIL Emperor. The world needs to be rebuilt, those who would do the world harm must be stopped.
They both did then, he set it up and Suzaku followed, though they couldn't have done it with each other. I wish you'd acknowledge at least that much

Quote:
Instead of the lazy Lelouch it will be Suzaku who does that.

Obviously, Lelouch has no plans for if this fails, if he did he would need plastic surgery and I don't think plastic surgery will work on an immortal.

Also Lelouch is fictional I hold fictional characters to a higher standard than I would actual people. By fictional standards I feel that people like Captain America, or Superman are better.

Lelouch leaves his best friend to do all the dirty work, he doesn't even tell the woman who loves him that his still alive, and Nunnaly blames herself for his death.

Don't worry his screwing C.C in the hayloft, and Jeremiah might now.

He's in the remote country-side, he's fine, plenty of other character have gotten away with it before now >_>

And you know what? They're still fighting in this shit-tastic world that constantly hounds them without a result anywhere near the scale of Lelouch's. I give the bout to him in terms of being 'better' in this case, results Charred <_<

He basically also cuts ties with everyone in this regard to the point where he is almost literally dead, the woman who loves him now lives a happy and fulfilled life thanks to the new world brought on by him as does Nunnally now

Of fore pete sakes Charred, i thought you were better then this
Old 2008-09-28, 15:45   Link #1320
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
CONTRARY to that... Lelouch dies so that Kallen can freakin MOVE on lol... if he is still alive, Kallen would NEVER move on hoping to find him one day...
But there is no guarantee that she will. People aren't machines, they can react differently. As such it is asinine if he is alive, because he could very well be torturing her because she was never able to move on and be of the impression that he is dead.

Spoiler for and on Character Songs:
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote