2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-05, 18:48   Link #501
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Now you are being silly. It's a classic father-daughter relationship, and not the one you have in mind, you naughty person!
thing is, they arent related so it's acceptable.

but i see where you are coming from. I really dont wanna see the two kissing or anything like that as it would destroy my fragile mind. It's not that I want you to be wrong. I really want you to be right here but the evidence......is pointing in the other direction.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:51   Link #502
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
did anyone else think "HOLY ****ING SHIT" when Exia came with all those spare parts and that cloth covering his destroyed arm? It looked like the fricking Terminator :lol:

Of course he was beaten afterwards since Exia is a five years old model.... but that scene was pure epic win.
hehehehe ya, second season will pwn
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:53   Link #503
snarf2691

Quote:
did anyone else think "HOLY ****ING SHIT" when Exia came with all those spare parts and that cloth covering his destroyed arm? It looked like the fricking Terminator :lol:

Of course he was beaten afterwards since Exia is a five years old model.... but that scene was pure epic win.
i still think a complete exia has the advantage over the ahead and the gn-x III. i mean with a thrashed body with only a damaged gn sword that can barely cut through and basically only shoot, exia was at a disadvantage and still put up a fight against 2 units. if exia was not damaged like that, i believe he couldve taken them on. CB still has more knowledge with gn particles and weaponry, which is why seravee was able to easily fend off the attack of the gn-x's
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 18:56   Link #504
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
A well-maintained and whole Exia would no doubt have been able to fight an Ahead and a GN-XIII on somewhat even terms, but ghetto-Exia is so much cooler. Unfortunately, Setsuna wasn't feeling particularly hot-blooded and courageous at the time, or he would have conquered them.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:00   Link #505
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Omg, Exias entrance was so badass. The soundtrack for this series is alot more exciting than last season. The highlight (for me at least) of this episode was when that The guy was like "That is..."
And then Exia slowly turned around and Luis freaked out. Epic to the max.
Old 2008-10-05, 19:00   Link #506
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
A well-maintained and whole Exia would no doubt have been able to fight an Ahead and a GN-XIII on somewhat even terms, but ghetto-Exia is so much cooler. Unfortunately, Setsuna wasn't feeling particularly hot-blooded and courageous at the time, or he would have conquered them.
We definatly need more tattered cloth on giant robots like that, it just looks so badass.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:03   Link #507
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

but i see where you are coming from. I really dont wanna see the two kissing or anything like that as it would destroy my fragile mind. It's not that I want you to be wrong. I really want you to be right here but the evidence......is pointing in the other direction.
I don't know from what I saw the evidence points in the other way. When Andrei appeared and Soma learned that Sergei has a son her reaction seemed "you have a son? and why did you want me as your daughter?" or somewhere on that line. Then again I maybe over analyzing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
We definatly need more tattered cloth on giant robots like that, it just looks so badass.
I could think of few that had cloth like that, such as Getter Robot and Custom Sandrock, and yeah they do look pretty badass with it.
Old 2008-10-05, 19:10   Link #508
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am with srb on this one, just look at Sergei, and Soma, the fans would riot.
Exactly, well except those with wild imaginations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

I expect Sergei to be not like that. From the beginning, I know he's treating Soma as a daughter. I guess its up to viewer's view of the situation for now.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:10   Link #509
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Haha, that was my exact thought as well! The Terminator look is the best Gundam look I've seen yet!
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:13   Link #510
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Haha, that was my exact thought as well! The Terminator look is the best Gundam look I've seen yet!
Terminator = win!

Anyways. can someone explain something to me? Is Union part of the federation or something? The rebels had blue Realdos and had a Union uniform?

Killer robots >_>

can we really get more of a Zeta gundam rip?

Setsuna = QUattro now?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:15   Link #511
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
If you already have it, might as well use it.

The three power blocks are part of the federation, the rebels are, well, rebels, so they use what they have or can get easily
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:23   Link #512
Cherudim Arche

I definitely like terminator style exia taking on the GN-III. Another part is when Seravee blasted and destroy on of them with the GN field and beam saber attack.

The instrumental in the gundam battle scenes are great.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:33   Link #513
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

My fav part was the Setsuna x Marina footage in the OP. Hopefully they go somewhere unlike the first season they did that short scene with them and nothing else following up =/
Old 2008-10-05, 19:37   Link #514
kakakka

Striking Scene for me was
Spoiler for that:

Last edited by kakakka; 2008-10-05 at 19:54. Reason: I think it spoiled much....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 19:47   Link #515
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

well I do admit I put a bit to much into the saji / luise thing.. I think I just got hyped by the moment.. hehe watched it again... and well.. yeah you guys were right

though he was reacting a bit... overly emotional (well considering the situation it was rather appropriate, though yeah I read to much into it I guess.. )

and well... as for Soma and Sergei....
imho it seems like he asked her if he could adopt him or something some such...
since we never heard of his son in season 1... or well if it was.. it was only a side note that wasn#t really that important then.. but now as he shoed up and sergei was visibly suprised to actually see him .. it's only natural for someone to have family.. and maybe soemone to pass his legacy on.. so.. *shrugs*

my 2 cents on that.. (it seriously didn't look like they were all that lovey dovey to me)
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:21   Link #516
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
and well... as for Soma and Sergei....
imho it seems like he asked her if he could adopt him or something some such...
since we never heard of his son in season 1... or well if it was.. it was only a side note that wasn#t really that important then.. but now as he shoed up and sergei was visibly suprised to actually see him .. it's only natural for someone to have family.. and maybe soemone to pass his legacy on.. so.. *shrugs*
Yeah Andrei was not mentioned in the show itself, but was mentioned in the novels...

Speculation back then was that Allelujah was Andrei, but obviously that is false.
Old 2008-10-05, 20:41   Link #517
Alvatore
Hello

Is lousie a drug addict or something?
Alvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:44   Link #518
Alvatore
Hello

Episode 1 reminds me of one sci fi show lol. Where the first scene was a battle scene and must save a person. Oh god i cant remember....
Alvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:48   Link #519
SvenCalBayan

Wow ! Soma's storyline this season seems very interesting... as seen in the opening (if it was one, it's seen at the end of the episode), she seems torn between Sergei Smirnov (a father figure to her and a member of the Earth Federation) and his son (Andrei Smirnov, a member of the "A-LAWS" group).

I don't know much about the "A-LAWS" yet, although it seems to be some sort governement approved elite military unit that keeps a lot of secrets. In the beginning of episode 1, Sergei is seen on the phone with Kathy Mannikin discussing about the "A-LAWS" and how it would be useful to have someone on the inside to provide information on that very secretive group. Sergei then asks Soma if she has given some thought about a "certain matter".

That "certain matter" I believe is Soma joining the "A-LAWS" group in order to provide inside information for the Earth Federation. Basically, Soma will be a spy this season (you see her wearing an "A-LAWS" uniform in the OP). But the 00 writers added a good twist, Sergei Smirnov's son (Andrei Smirnov) is a part of the "A-LAWS" group... I'll let you imagine the rest... which sounds very promising.

P.S.: I wonder how Allelujah Haptism will fit into this... Soma seems to be a childhood friend of his (known as Marie).
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:52   Link #520
mega4000
Banned

Perfect! Amazing! All was amazing! Far away the best series! That's why is my favorite one! And omg! Lockon is more awesome than roy fokker! He is a legend now! And the more bad ass legend that i've ever seen!
mega4000 is offline   Reply With Quote