AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-11-18, 19:19   Link #541
spandy15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
I wonder if the Strawhats will ever become a big crew? By big crew I mean one rivaling that of Whitebeard or Shiki. Also on the pattern for the next upcoming crew member.

9 can be written as ku く
2 can be written as ni に

So the Niku Niku fruit, also known as the meat meat fruit!!!

It should be a female character who can randomly turn objects into meat/produce cooked meat from her body. This would add for some hilarious scenes with Luffy running around trying to be a cannibal. I have no idea what skill set she would have but whatever, that can bee worked out by Oda.
spandy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 15:02   Link #542
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Who thinks Jimbei is gonna join?

I do

First off, one of the few positions remaining in the Strawhats Crew is the Helmsman which Jimbei is very well skilled in. Second, his role during the Fishmen Island arc is very similar to the roles Franky and Brook had during their respective arcs. (Franky having teamed up with the Strawhats in Enies Lobby to fight the CP9 and Brook teaming up to defeat Ryumma to get his shadow back and defeating Moria and Oz in the process) (I might be a bit sketchy on the details of those arcs as i haven't read them in a long time) Thirdly, as he is no longer affiliated with the Shichibukai or the Ryuguu Palace, he has no true place to go anymore. And finally, as he made the promise to Ace that he would protect Luffy if Ace were to die, (which he did) he now has a duty to honor his promise and reason to join in the first place. (and he seems to have a great sense of honor)

Granted, we have yet to see what his "dream" would be exactly. Maybe to get humans and fishmen to live together in peace or something to do with the Letter from the Nobles that Nami saves in Chapter 633
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 00:52   Link #543
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
As much as I keep telling myself to stop believing this... I seem to believe Shirahoshi is going to join...

From what I believe will happen.... is events will lead up to that machine that Vander Decken had mentioned that can age people... it'll somehow be used on Shirahoshi, aging her to the point where she grows legs and possibly shrinks to about the size of her mother. I don't really see a point otherwise for Vander Decken to bring up such a machine to begin with.
Old 2011-07-29, 01:50   Link #544
DeadBonesDooM

I can't see atm any fishmen joining cuz my 9th and 10th place in crew would go to
9. Sabo (hand to hand combat mastery, unless he has changed and if hes STILL alive :d)
10. Logia type crewmember
Old 2011-07-29, 04:02   Link #545
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingai-san View Post
I wonder if the Strawhats will ever become a big crew? By big crew I mean one rivaling that of Whitebeard or Shiki. Also on the pattern for the next upcoming crew member.

9 can be written as ku く
2 can be written as ni に

So the Niku Niku fruit, also known as the meat meat fruit!!!

It should be a female character who can randomly turn objects into meat/produce cooked meat from her body. This would add for some hilarious scenes with Luffy running around trying to be a cannibal. I have no idea what skill set she would have but whatever, that can bee worked out by Oda.
I don't even know if you are joking or not to say the truth...
Old 2011-07-29, 15:29   Link #546
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Personally, I wish Sabo did survive but I don't really want him to be a crew member because that would give him a closer bond and would mess up the balance of the others.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 03:23   Link #547
DeadBonesDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
Personally, I wish Sabo did survive but I don't really want him to be a crew member because that would give him a closer bond and would mess up the balance of the others.
Well He might not join, but he might join to help straw hats in some arc , somewhat like vivi and ace in arabasta arc
Old 2011-08-01, 20:35   Link #548
gazawraith

Go back to Water 7, Franky Joined the crew and a new ship was given to the Straw Hats. I cant be the only one who thought "oh shit, that ship is way too big for their numbers"

if we look at any other pirate crew we see odd people, crew mates who follow the captain and do what is told to set up operations, carry out duties and scout out places. take a look at the Whitebeard Pirates, each commander is like each member of the Strawhats, a major character for that crew, and all the underlings are faded in their shadow. what I suggest is that Luffy will start looking for more people, small iconic groups of interesting characters to pad out the space in the ship, for their adventures in the New World.

on top of that, each character is fufilling a vital role on the ship, Cook, First mate/ Shipwright etc... and I cant think of any positions that can now be filled. Brook was a stretch with the music.

It's only logical that is the Strawhats are to join the higher ranks of pirate crews they must expand and conquer.

I think its crazy for anyone to suggest Jinbe or Hancock to join. given their status in the world, histories, struggles and personal problems, they have too much on their own plates to join up with Luffy after their jobs are done (though we wont hear the last of them).
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:32   Link #549
Undertaker

While I'm not in camp of having Shirahoshi joining (I do like her, but I rather have Hancock), she does have few things going for her. From her personality, curiosity, adventure spirit, to flashbacks, dreams all showed that she would fit SH fairly well.

Than there are story element of Tamakebako (Urashima's box) and the prophecy that a person that will guide Shirhoshi's power.

Not to mention assuming BB is the final boss and that BB Pirate is a mirror to SH, then SH is currently missing a giant to match up with "Colossal Battleship" SanJuan Wolf. Also, if you count Stronger (the horse) as a crew, than there is room for one more crew member in NW.
Old 2011-08-03, 14:12   Link #550
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Not to mention assuming BB is the final boss and that BB Pirate is a mirror to SH, then SH is currently missing a giant to match up with "Colossal Battleship" SanJuan Wolf. Also, if you count Stronger (the horse) as a crew, than there is room for one more crew member in NW.
Megalo

The BB crew have a pet, and if there's something we have learned about One Piece is that princesses never travel without their pets.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 15:24   Link #551
Undertaker

True, but personally I think Chopper covers that role....
Old 2011-08-04, 14:32   Link #552
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I still hope that the Koala girl from the FI flashback might join the crew in the future. She seems interesting and there's a chance she could get involved with the current arc.

If not, then my vote is more for Shira opposed to Jimbei. Jimbei joining the crew just seems.. Weird..
Shirahoshi on the other hand would be perfect if they used the Urashima's(?) Casket to make her older (so she can walk) and (hopefully) shorter (=

Also, I think that Sabo (if he's still alive) would be more of a support character than a crew member. He would already be alied with the Revolutionary army.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 10:31   Link #553
Homura7

You know, I don't get why some people think Jinbe will join. It would just break the mold.
Old 2011-08-08, 22:03   Link #554
gazawraith

exactly, Jimbe has presence, status, responsibilities and expectations. Same with any princess, too much to do to be on a pirate ship.
Old 2011-08-09, 09:09   Link #555
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
exactly, Jimbe has presence, status, responsibilities and expectations. Same with any princess with responsibilities, too much to do to be on a pirate ship.
Fixed
Old 2011-08-10, 22:16   Link #556
yakumo-chan

9th member - Fishman(probably)

10th member - Giant(since ussop wants to go there, and also the fact that Black beard has a Giant in his crew, who will fight it?)
Old 2011-08-11, 02:15   Link #557
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
10th member - Giant(since ussop wants to go there, and also the fact that Black beard has a Giant in his crew, who will fight it?)
they did all beat Oar's.
Old 2011-08-11, 02:26   Link #558
Keeper

Huh, have you folks forgotten that Strawhats already have a giant in their crew? Yeah, that'd be Chopper. All he needs is to control his monster point and he'd be fine. And since monster point is only one of his many forms, he or others wouldn't be inconvenienced by his large size either.

A giant would be huge inconvenience to strawhats in almost everywhere they'd go. Hence Chopper fills that niche much better since he can assume monster point when it's needed.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 07:00   Link #559
Homura7

Chopper is the doctor of the crew, not the giant.
Old 2011-08-11, 10:10   Link #560
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
they did all beat Oar's.
what about 1vs1?

they still need a giant if they are going to fight black beards crew one on one