Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-08-11, 10:24   Link #561
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Chopper is the doctor of the crew, not the giant.
He/She said that Choppers monster point is the giant of the crew.. And I agree with him/her. Why can't it be? "Doctor" is a career. "Giant" is the way you look. You pretty much just said that giants can't be doctors, teachers, archeologists, or any other career for that matter.

Also, I don't see why Jimbe can't join the crew.. I'm not saying I want him to join, because I think it's just silly. But there's no reason why he can't.. He's not a Shichibukai any more. He doesn't have any responsibilities. If you think protecting Fishman Island is a responsibiliy your wrong, that's why we have King Neptune and the Three Princes. If you guys can think of a "logical" reason why he must stay behind then I'm all ears.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 10:52   Link #562
yakumo-chan

but chopper is a deer, and also the doctor of the crew,

also,,, the word "Giant" is not about the way you look, its one of the three types of man in one piece world

in one piece world there are three types of Man

1.Human
2.Giants
3.Fishman

also, chopper is kinda the "pet" in the crew
Old 2011-08-11, 11:09   Link #563
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
He/She said that Choppers monster point is the giant of the crew.. And I agree with him/her. Why can't it be? "Doctor" is a career. "Giant" is the way you look. You pretty much just said that giants can't be doctors, teachers, archeologists, or any other career for that matter.

Also, I don't see why Jimbe can't join the crew.. I'm not saying I want him to join, because I think it's just silly. But there's no reason why he can't.. He's not a Shichibukai any more. He doesn't have any responsibilities. If you think protecting Fishman Island is a responsibiliy your wrong, that's why we have King Neptune and the Three Princes. If you guys can think of a "logical" reason why he must stay behind then I'm all ears.

This is actually where you're wrong, if Neptune and the Princes were enough, they wouldn't need WB's protection to begin with and Jinbe wouldn't have to became a Shkibukai back then and they certainly won't need Big Mom's protection now.

The truth remains that as strong as Neptune and Princes are (or suppose to be), they are not well known enough to prevent lessor pirate from targeting the island. Jinbe's name and presence along with WB's declaration (now Big Mom) was barely enough to keep the island safe (ie, lessor pirates become afraid of creating incidence)

After this arc, it's safe to assume the island will lost Big Mom's support. If that happens and on top of it with Jinbe leaving, the Mer-folk and Fish people, no matter where they ends up after this event, will once again become the prime target for all petty pirates out there. Neptune and his three sons simply can't be everywhere to fend off all pirates and with Jinbe they'll at least have a name and presence to prevent lessor pirates of trying to stir trouble.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-08-11 at 11:38.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 11:30   Link #564
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^Hmm.. true. But Fishman Island should be destroyed by Luffy anyways. And what better name to put the fishman under than Straw Hat pirates! If Jimbe was on their crew it would be the same as him protecting the island with his name that way.
Also, if the fishmen actually complete queen Otohime's dream to join with the humans by the end of this arc (this has been foreshadowed a lot) then there will be no need for protection.
If Luffy leaves this island and absolutely none of this has changed then this entire arc would be pointless. It was just be the crew showing off how cool their new abbilities are.

And yes, Chopper is a raindeer and he's a doctor. Congratulations. I'm just saying that if you want a giant to be on the crew so bad then just look at Chopper's Monster Point. If that thing isn't freaking huge, then I don't know what is. I'm not saying he's literally a giant
Old 2011-08-11, 12:10   Link #565
Undertaker

Agree on chopper's role. But instead of pitting him against Colossal Battleship Sanjuan Wolf I still see him paired up with the doctor, and for some reason, as big as Chopper's monster point is I still think he dwarfs against Wolf. I'll have to go back and double check the chapters.

As for Jinbe things, while I agree that this arc might ends up with SH replacing Big Mom as protector, I still don't think Jinbe will join. I mean, while it was the name do scares some people away, the presence of Jinbe himself on the island also helped in preventing other to create problem. It was a double threats in that perspective pirates have to evade Jinbe on the island and if they were lucky to get away with a few mermaid while evading Jinbe, they'll then hass to worry about paybacks from WB. If Jinbe is not there, than the threat level is halved automatically. Jinbe with SH will not help the island's situation, IMO.

As personally, I don't think the goal of this arc is to have Otohime's dream fullfilled by the end of the chapter. Simplely put, it'll be way too soon and way too abrupt. With that being said, I'm think the end of this arc is more in line that fish people got the confirmation they need that not all humans were bad, they move out of the water, and it's a bright new day and a new beginning type of ending.

Picture the end of Skypiea arc if you well, some still have grudges, not all the issues was resolved, but everyone is confident that they can move forward together. Basically a hope for better tomorrow, and that has always the theme for OP.

And really, with OP now pretty much become symbol in Japan, if Oda is using what happens on Fisherman Island as a metaphor to what happened in Japan couple month ago, that would be a perfect ending and emotional uplift that Japanese wanted to see. Not some make believe fairy tale that all of sudden all the problems was solved and everyone if fine and perfect. Again, that's just my thinking, though.

Speaking of that, I just checked Oricon Ranking, I 'm shock that Vol. 63 broke the 1st week sales record set by Vol. 60. Considering what happened in Japan couple months ago, I was sure 2 million+ sales would be impossible to met again, yet Vol. 63 did 2.1 milion in 4 day.
Old 2011-08-11, 14:30   Link #566
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Great points you made ^^ You know your stuff. I feel bad because I was so rude about it, I do that a lot -_- I dont want Jimbei to join anyways, I just don't think it's completely impossible. I would WAY rather see Shirahoshi joining! (= But I don't think I can ever be convinced with a giant joining their crew...
Old 2011-08-11, 18:45   Link #567
Undertaker

I'll agree that the chance for Jinbe joining is not 0 %, and it'll be difficult to make it logical. But with Oda, you never know.

While I don't really care who will join (if the is a new crew), but if Shirahoshi is indeed the new member. I bet that Tamakebako will play huge role in it, it might even be used as some sort of plot device...

On the other hand, I'm starting to see less and less significance on Caribou in this arc. So far Caribou is shown to be a needless component in this arc, but as we all know about Oda there have to be a significant role that Caribou plays, but right now I just can't see it...
Old 2011-08-11, 21:48   Link #568
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Spoiler for manga:
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 01:16   Link #569
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Agree on chopper's role. But instead of pitting him against Colossal Battleship Sanjuan Wolf I still see him paired up with the doctor, and for some reason, as big as Chopper's monster point is I still think he dwarfs against Wolf. I'll have to go back and double check the chapters.
AFAIK San Juan Wolf dwarfs all other giants we have seen so far based on his appearance in the Whitebeard war, seemingly much bigger than even Oars or Oars Jr. There's no way strawhats would ever gain a crew member that huge, it'd be simply way too inconvenient to have someone of that size with you.

Because size-wise San Juan Wolf is very unlikely to have a contender among the strawhats, I really believe that if for whatever reason a giant is needed, Chopper's monster point fills that role. Yet even Choppers monster point is like ant compared to San Juan Wolf. As previously mentioned, not even Oars would be large enough.

Still, I believe that Chopper is fated to clash with Doc Q, not San Juan Wolf. Meaning that whoever is fated to face San Juan Wolf, is more likely of relatively normal size. Unless strawhats get a crew member that is able to change size at will, but that would seriously undermine Choppers abilities.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:27   Link #570
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
what about 1vs1?

they still need a giant if they are going to fight black beards crew one on one
this is relying on the fact that they will all have a 1v1 match. just saying the possibility is there that 2+ members could take down the Giant (can't remember name/be bothered to look it up)
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:28   Link #571
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post

you're* wrong
Old 2011-09-14, 13:11   Link #572
Lil Kis

I hope we get a assassin type girl character to join the straw hats. We need more women in the straw hats crew. There is only 2! 1 more plz!
Lil Kis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 13:28   Link #573
Undertaker

Robin doubles the assassin role as well, remember her self introduction back when she first join crew?

But I agree more permanent female crew is always good... (Which is why if there is a new crew member after current arc, I'm leaning towards Shirahoshi than Jinbei)
Old 2011-09-16, 06:31   Link #574
DeadBonesDooM

Giant = Franky with hes transformers theme
Nuff said :P
Old 2011-09-16, 08:43   Link #575
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the Driver aka klouberterman something :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:34   Link #576
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Who would face San Juan Wolf?

Robin...she CAN be the giant of the crew and supposedly she could make a giant version of herself bigger than anything we've seen so far.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 01:11   Link #577
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Robin...she CAN be the giant of the crew and supposedly she could make a giant version of herself bigger than anything we've seen so far.
Nah, Robin against the wrestler guy. Her grapple techniques verses his.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 15:08   Link #578
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

agree'd, she probably can make a torso and arms and head to go along with the giant legs we've already seen thus making her giant. but I don't know. One Piece has always had very busty women and like to show enough curves but I think a giant naked (cause I've never seen any replicating of clothing) Nico Robin would be a long stretch. I know we'd all like it though.

no, I think she'd be up against Laffitte. we've seen Robin use a mass of arms as wings before and Laffitte too has some ability, Zoan fruit or not, to sprout wings too.

we've mentioned Franky's giant robot, Choppers monster form and now Robin but what about the obvious. the one character who makes himself bigger. Luffy's third gear could easily expand big enough, as we've seen, to attack Wolf.
Old 2011-09-20, 21:08   Link #579
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I don't think just one straw hat will battle San Juan Wolf. He seems like the one they will all team up and take down together.

Giant Robin + Luffy's Third Gear + Choppers Monster Point + A Franky robot + Nami's Lightning + Brook doing something with his music + Zoro being Zoro + Sanji being Sanji + Ussops plants = a KO'd San Juan Wolf

Sorta like Oz. But this time, they do it without much struggle or reliance on an over-powered Luffy.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 07:45   Link #580
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

I like Mr 2 for the next SH pirate.

He's got the right attitude for the crew and he made for some of the funniest scenes in previous episodes.

Also his copy technique could allow for no end of plot twists and uses in battle.