AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-10-02, 06:28   Link #241
Marina2

Gundam with Yuri...?

.....Look like I can jump from Lycoris Recoil to this.

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-10-02 at 07:07.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 07:17   Link #242
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Revolutionary Girl Utena vibes, eh?
Gundam Utena with an MC who resembles Loran Cehack (Turn-A Gundam). And that's not all the Gundam story elements that this episode paid homage to.

We have a space rescue at the beginning of the episode like The 08th MS Team and we also have MS duels where the winner is the one that wrecks the MS antennae much like the Gundam Fights in G Gundam where the winner is the one that crushes the head of the opponent Gundam (among other conditions).

And that tomato animation is straight from Shokugeki no Souma

And yes, yes yes, I know. The MS fights look excellent. Worthy of being the animation successor to Hathaway. Also (like Hathaway), they use CG mechs, but for the more mundane activities. When the fight starts, they switch to mostly handdrawn.

I'm trying to avoid big spoilers here for those who haven't watched the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Gundam with Yuri...?
Gundam: Yuri from Mercury
Old 2022-10-02, 07:42   Link #243
ryllharu

I'm still happy that Suletta's design is very much the merger of her parents. Her father's eyebrows, eyes, and skin tone, and her mother's facial bones and hair. It's a relatively minor continuity detail, but a nice one.

Spoiler for just some eps 1 content:
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 08:05   Link #244
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Crunchy is messing up the subtitle-timing for this episode? 🤔

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's ironic when free service (Ani-One) actually does better than paid service (Crunchy) .

Plus, Ani-One even has good subtitle for my language
Old 2022-10-02, 08:21   Link #245
Twi

It's not working in my country, I'm not using Crunchyroll either, so my only options are to wait for Gundam Info or pirate.
Old 2022-10-02, 09:21   Link #246
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Speaking of Utena...(WFM spoiler alert)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-10-02, 10:13   Link #247
Twi

I gave in and did what I had to see the episode. I regret nothing. My review is on the blog.
Old 2022-10-02, 10:24   Link #248
Tenzen12

Who thought having Gundam as battle school genre is good idea? My only hope is that school get blown up in near future due MS fight with team of infiltrates attempting steal Gundam.
Old 2022-10-02, 10:35   Link #249
Twi

On the Yuri note, if Suu wanted the relationship I'd be for it. But to me she doesn't strike me as someone ready to be in a relationship at all. And considering Mio basically needs an "out" at the moment, I think its more circumstantial where they will basically be helping one another out. Su basically keeps all other suitors at bay and Mio helps her adjust to school life.

Now, once she has her own feelings sorted out and has had time to adapt, I'm all for the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Who thought having Gundam as battle school genre is good idea? My only hope is that school get blown up in near future due MS fight with team of infiltrates attempting steal Gundam.
Eh, give it mid-season and I'm sure that'll happen followed by an escape to Earth.
Old 2022-10-02, 10:55   Link #250
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
On the Yuri note, if Suu wanted the relationship I'd be for it. But to me she doesn't strike me as someone ready to be in a relationship at all. And considering Mio basically needs an "out" at the moment, I think its more circumstantial where they will basically be helping one another out. Su basically keeps all other suitors at bay and Mio helps her adjust to school life.

Now, once she has her own feelings sorted out and has had time to adapt, I'm all for the relationship.

Eh, give it mid-season and I'm sure that'll happen followed by an escape to Earth.
Basically Suletta's kind of her beard, although maybe something more will grow from it ?
Old 2022-10-02, 12:46   Link #251
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm sure she's been through a lot and all, but I'm not digging the terminally shy, stuttering protagonist.

Also I was reminded of Izetta, which also had a red-haired witch fighting to protect a princess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 13:13   Link #252
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm sure she's been through a lot and all, but I'm not digging the terminally shy, stuttering protagonist.

Also I was reminded of Izetta, which also had a red-haired witch fighting to protect a princess.
I actually wonder how much of that she's been made aware of since she and her mom escaped.

Like, does she still not know she's killed people already?
Old 2022-10-02, 14:15   Link #253
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I actually wonder how much of that she's been made aware of since she and her mom escaped.

Like, does she still not know she's killed people already?
Good question. I wonder if I wouldn't have enjoyed some kind of sociopathic loli slaughtering people in job lots without ever realizing she was actually in combat.

(For those wondering how that would work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I )
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-02, 16:08   Link #254
justavisitor

lol, I thought Suletta would be full of anger, determined to take revenge, and as cold as setsuna and heero. No, she is the clumsiest MC ever

And I thought she was going to hide the gundam, as gundam was the reason of tragedy in the prologue, but no, I forgot this is the year of 2022, when the story will take a refreshing change and who knows where we are heading? I only know I will onboard this train XD

well, Domon from gundam g will be so happy living in this era
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 04:29   Link #255
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Not sure where to post this on Animesuki as there's are anime episode and general discussion threads, but seems like both threads have responses.

Anyways, I am visually and "audio-ly" impressed. I was not into the Iron Blood Orphans series so for me, I had a longer break from Gundam than most viewers.

First of all, I appreciate having the Episode 0 come out a few months prior. It really set the tone for who our Mercurian Witch is. I just didn't expect her to be a bumbling socially awkward girl who looked like Ed from Cowboy Bebop.

The first episode looked so good and the background soundtrack really gave me vibes of danger, space, mission, and the duels. I was pleasantly reminded of anime/characters from Gundam Build Divers (when the screen showed the duel VS screens), Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (concept of halting everything to accommodate duels, and turning the landscape into a virtual duel field), and even Ace Attorney Apollo Justice (the guy checking with the "duelists" on the roster changes looked like Klavier Gavin).

We see some political maneuvers being put into action (and halted) by the result of the duel. And that duel was visually stunning. It was also quite impressive for the clothes to change on the spot and gain that emblem.

The Gundam has a feminine looking face, and it has impressive capabilities. As with many series, the non-Gundam side are impressed to see a Gundam in action. Definitely excited for this series.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 07:17   Link #256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I talked about it briefly in the episode discussion thread but posting it here since it's not specifically related to the first episode. The OP song was accompanied by a short novel: https://g-witch.net/music/novel/

The relevant part is this (credit to whoever translated it):

Spoiler:
Old 2022-10-03, 07:23   Link #257
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol, I thought Suletta would be full of anger, determined to take revenge, and as cold as setsuna and heero. No, she is the clumsiest MC ever
Judging by the official website's novel, her mom seems to be the one out for revenge. That's her main motivation of sending her there, with Aerial being the one that wants to take Suletta away from that path.
Old 2022-10-03, 16:05   Link #258
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I talked about it briefly in the episode discussion thread but posting it here since it's not specifically related to the first episode. The OP song was accompanied by a short novel: https://g-witch.net/music/novel/

The relevant part is this (credit to whoever translated it):

Spoiler:
Poor Suletta. And poor Aerial .
Old 2022-10-03, 17:07   Link #259
Twi

Ironically enough, Suletta still managed without even knowing. Tis fate.
Old 2022-10-03, 17:12   Link #260
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
.....Look like I can jump from Lycoris Recoil to this.
So far that's what Twitter seems to be doing en masse.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote