AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 20:23   Link #141
justpassingby

2 more characters were added yesterday

Spoiler:

Hmm, I wonder if Yurikano will make her appearance. Also, when will I have crossover fanarts between Jersey Club x Yacht Club and Pirate-cum-Privateers x Chivalrous Thief

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-01-06 at 20:54.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 21:07   Link #142
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
What premise? What's wrong with promoting Kamogawa to ....well the Japanese?
Not that premise. I'm referring to another one, but I honestly forgot what it was (sorry), so I'll need to rewatch that part of the episode again.

Quote:
Well, it's not like it didn't happen to male protagonists before this. Also, Array probably didn't receive training on how to deal with an opponent who'll wrestling when robots are killing each other.
There's a balance that needs to be done with "perfect" characters in order to do them right. Belle from Beauty and the Beast is a great example (for me). Madoka is a little off.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:30   Link #143
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As it pertains to Madoka's "perfection", my only real issue is that they chose to make her outstanding at a whole bunch of different activities/disciplines. Combine that with the lack of any notable personality flaw, and it can seem a bit much, in fairness to Flawnalyst.

It's not a big deal to me yet, but I hope it's something that's not played up a lot in future episodes.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-01-10 at 09:45.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 15:19   Link #144
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Can't speak much of plot, because that sort of introduction is rather common. Won't even go into discussion in how her activities helped in controlling the robot for the first time too. Guess the realistic days of Rick Hunter who couldn't handle the transformed VF is hardly repeated.

The animation was great and overall flow of show was enjoyable. Guess it will be more fun once the main characters meet up and build up they relationship a bit.
Old 2012-01-08, 20:42   Link #145
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Finally, the 1st episode is released:

http://www.hulu.com/lagrange-the-flower-of-rin-ne
Old 2012-01-09, 00:10   Link #146
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
watched the first episode, it was pretty decent. The main character kind of reminds me or Misaki from Kaicho wa maid-sama. The first episode wasn't outstanding or anything but I'll put it on my to watch list.
Old 2012-01-09, 00:16   Link #147
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Sooooo, was anyone able to get the subs to work on Hulu?
Old 2012-01-09, 00:18   Link #148
Midonin
Last Engage

Nope. I do want to watch from an official simulcast, and as such, can wait until this problem is patched up.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 00:56   Link #149
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So Megumi Nakajima continues to pretty much own both as a voice actor and a theme song singer.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 04:17   Link #150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly an interesting first episode if anything. Looked pretty good visually and the robot design wasn't bad either. In that respect it wasn't bad. Besides can't say I recall a time when a wrestling move finished off an opponent's mech in a fight . Had to laugh at that one.

This had a good example of why firing a ton of lasers at something might be a bit risky. Let's just try one first to see how it goes before we get a ton of them reflected right back .

Agree that Madoka was feeling a bit too perfect at times. Still a likable person with a bright personality.

All in all not a bad first episode.
Old 2012-01-09, 05:47   Link #151
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Holy crap, show of the season!!!

This is what Guilty Crown to be, the premise is ridiculous but its already setting that tone from the very beginning and make viewer enjoying the ride instead shoot it, the flow is nice and the chara is very likable already, the joke is not dull too. Chemistry between Madoka and Lan already great too just in 2-3 scene.

Madoka is Mary Shu Character?
Who cares, its better than some bullshit crybaby set-up, there is plenty of fanservice but its not feel the girl is sex-doll

Last but not least, the mech is mostly hand-drawn!!!!!!
Yeah baby, thank u NISSAN!

The show is apparently stealing the spotlight in japan community, its already the most talked anime in 2ch for this season just beyond nise, n the BD already shot-up to #46 in amazon pre-order ranking.

Don't screw this XEBEC, this is probably your biggest chance to make up your shitty reputation.

Last edited by fertygo; 2012-01-09 at 08:02.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 05:54   Link #152
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Madoka is Maru Shu Character?
Nope. She's Maru-sue :P
Old 2012-01-09, 07:48   Link #153
hai_san

Pretty good show from the 1st ep... the suplex and then she counts down and says "perfect" was very cool.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:42   Link #154
Kitsu Breaker

Talking

I hope this end yuri as hell

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI

Last edited by Kitsu Breaker; 2012-01-09 at 08:44. Reason: bad writting
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 09:47   Link #155
casval cehack

Impressive pilot. I haven't seen an Eva/Rahxephon first episode pacing style done right in a long time...Oh, the gorgeous animation.
Old 2012-01-09, 10:55   Link #156
Midonin
Last Engage

I never noticed how much Kaori Ishihara sounds like Kaori Mizuhashi.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:48   Link #157
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I don't think Madoka is a Mary Sue character, that would require for everyone to borderline worship her on top of being efficient in multiple forms of sport. She just happens to be in almost every sports club and therefore have enough experience in the types of combat that are going on during the robot fight to do reasonably well.

She's also really dumb if that didn't come across in some of her interactions, reactions and non-reactions to certain things. Just a dumb jock girl. Also she's likeable as a character which goes a long way for me. Lately some anime have this weird obsession with creating just really unlikeable and/or asshole female characters that are also apparently gifted and talented in everything and it's getting kind of tiresome to watch unfold as they walk all over the other characters (especially the male ones), but that's thankfully not at all the case here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 15:41   Link #158
Ray
Garnet

Hm. Episode 1 was.. surprisingly enjoyable.

Madoka is pretty and awesome. OP and ED are good. I like the art style. Animation was superb. The ‘Panties. Off’ scene was pretty funny and fanservicey.

Next episode please ~
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:17   Link #159
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't think Madoka is a Mary Sue character, that would require for everyone to borderline worship her on top of being efficient in multiple forms of sport. She just happens to be in almost every sports club and therefore have enough experience in the types of combat that are going on during the robot fight to do reasonably well.
No, she also received a lot of praise when she was acting for the film club. And the Kendo captain wanted her to succeed her as either captain for the club OR student council president.

I think it's pretty obvious she's set up to be very proficient in basically everything, either physical activity or academic achievements, specially the latter since she's offered to be student council president and all.

So yeah, I think she is a mary sue. The point here is whether they can explain why she is that way (I bet it has to do with her past encounter with the robot) and give her some flaws to balance her skills and bring up some internal conflict.

At any rate, although Madoka is a pretty likeable character, she's also the weakest point of the series. We'll see how they handle her character. That will make or break the show for me.
Old 2012-01-09, 16:24   Link #160
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

At any rate, although Madoka is a pretty likeable character, she's also the weakest point of the series. We'll see how they handle her character. That will make or break the show for me.
How come?
She's definitely the brightest spot on the first eps.

Btw "she's also the weakest point of the series" only make sense if we already got at least few more eps >_>

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri