AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 17:43   Link #2501
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Screw the break, if they wanted a break, they should have taken one week without broadcast rather than a episode with pure filler without reason.
they have a reason its a dumb one but its a reason. If your a harem anime its customary that you have 1 hot springs episode in the series. Let me ask u this if they had this hot spring episode with say kurumi involved as well would u be as annoyed.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 17:53   Link #2502
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Screw the break, if they wanted a break, they should have taken one week without broadcast rather than a episode with pure filler without reason.
I'm guessing Japanese TV schedule isn't as flexible as you assume it is- I don't like how the arc is being handled either, and I'd assume it was either because of an executive meddling to increase DVD sales or lack of budget to animate action sequences. (Though this is up to debate until the pandering episode rolls in) I feel like the series takes its breaks already- The first half of the fourth episode was pretty much unnecessary outside of that scene with Reine and Shidou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
they have a reason its a dumb one but its a reason. If your a harem anime its customary that you have 1 hot springs episode in the series. Let me ask u this if they had this hot spring episode with say kurumi involved as well would u be as annoyed.
Yes, because pandering is pandering, regardless of parties involved. Why is that even a question?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 17:59   Link #2503
Birdway
Banned

In the preview I saw two big buys dragging Kanazuki... weren't they from the novels?

I guess they are gonna add scenes.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 18:13   Link #2504
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Yes, I would. First, it would differ from canon Kurumi's presence. And next, the so called filler ep should have been an expansion on Yoshino's arc.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 20:51   Link #2505
ImperialFlameGod8190

guys the kurumi thing is a joke my point is every harem anime seems to have a hot spring scene simple as that
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 21:26   Link #2506
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
There will be a swimsuit episode instead.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:15   Link #2507
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Where the heck are you guys getting the next episode preview? I checked both raws of episode 5 and neither had a preview in it.

But if this hot springs episode next week is true, unfortunately for Kurumi fans it means that the staff don't really see Kurumi in that high a light despite her high popularity (as shown by the character poll) or they would make this a BD/DVD bonus episode so they can get Kurumi in it.

........which is why I'm a bit skeptical about this hot springs episode next week. Nevermind all the material cuts they're making or that the raws didn't have a preview at all, wouldn't a hot springs episode work best if it had all the main girls in it, ergo they'd wait until later after characters like Kurumi are introduced in order to get them in? If they really wanted to make a hot springs episode no matter what, it would work fine as episode 12, after volume 4 is animated, and it wouldn't hurt anything and they'd get the last of the main females in there. (and again, the point of this kind of episode is to see your favorite girl(s) in states of undress, after all...........)
Old 2013-04-27, 22:37   Link #2508
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But if this hot springs episode next week is true, unfortunately for Kurumi fans it means that the staff don't really see Kurumi in that high a light despite her high popularity (as shown by the character poll) or they would make this a BD/DVD bonus episode so they can get Kurumi in it.
I don't think this obsession thing is very healthy for you. It already far bypassed the creepy borderline. Maybe you should calm down a bit and take a break from this series. I insist.

Quote:
........which is why I'm a bit skeptical about this hot springs episode next week. Nevermind all the material cuts they're making or that the raws didn't have a preview at all, wouldn't a hot springs episode work best if it had all the main girls in it, ergo they'd wait until later after characters like Kurumi are introduced in order to get them in? If they really wanted to make a hot springs episode no matter what, it would work fine as episode 12, after volume 4 is animated, and it wouldn't hurt anything and they'd get the last of the main females in there. (and again, the point of this kind of episode is to see your favorite girl(s) in states of undress, after all...........)
Again, it's likely an executive meddling to boost the DVD sales or the lack of budget for an action sequence, which would otherwise undoubtedly present if Yoshino's arc was stretched up to the 6th episode. And as that other guy up there said, having Kurumi in something like that would differ from her canon presence and hurts a lot of things. Yeah, let's have a villain of the season in a hot spring episode! What a great idea!
Old 2013-04-27, 22:52   Link #2509
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
I don't think this obsession thing is very healthy for you. It already far bypassed the creepy borderline. Maybe you should calm down a bit and take a break from this series. I insist.
Believe me when I told you this: "He is doing this for lulz, any reaction from you will amuse him".

So deal with it and/or ignore those parts .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 22:53   Link #2510
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Uh, maybe first a) you should see that it's a heavily sarcastic personality I'm taking on there (I'm a Kurumi fan but I'm not really drooling here), b) I wasn't obsessing I was making a factual point/commentary, c) why don't you stop trying to police whatever fanboyism goes on.

Now you're just being rude and a total control freak. Please stop intruding upon others' right to say whatever the heck they want about a favored character from a fictional television production.

Quote:
Again, it's likely an executive meddling to boost the DVD sales or the lack of budget for an action sequence, which would otherwise undoubtedly present if Yoshino's arc was stretched up to the 6th episode. And as that other guy up there said, having Kurumi in something like that would differ from her canon presence and hurts a lot of things. Yeah, let's have a villain of the season in a hot spring episode! What a great idea!
Actually they could easily put Kurumi in there as an episode 6 and it wouldn't interfere with anything. Either she'd just be in the background, never meeting the characters directly and/or spying on Shidou, or she could run into Shidou and all it would take is a "Hey, it's you!" from him when she shows up at his school. And if it really is just a BD/DVD episode, then that takes even less explaining; it would just be a non-continual fanservice episode.
And what's wrong with putting her into a fanservice episode? She clearly has no problem popping up out of nowhere and acting like nothing's wrong in the main story as she did in volume 6/7.

And before you go on a self-righteous, self-serving "Shut up fanboy freak" rant, I'm not a crazed fanboy, I'm a fan of Kurumi, the difference being that my "disgusting otaku" personality I put on is not my real personality. It's a joke that I deliberately put on. But regardless of whether I'm acting or not, you need to stop acting like you have any kind of right to tell me how the heck to talk about my favorite character of the series. Nobody sided with you before as you tried to pass off, so stop acting like you're on some kind of high-horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Believe me when I told you this: "He is doing this for lulz, any reaction from you will amuse him".

So deal with it and/or ignore those parts .
Unfortunately, Marly has shot straight past amusing me and straight into being a jerk. I never got a chance to be amused.

Getting away from the controlling jerk:

NSFW
Official Artwork
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-27, 22:56   Link #2511
Marly
>AS

I was being sarcastic. Calm down.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:59   Link #2512
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Calm down.
And suddenly you're being sarcastic? What would make you think I'd see that? (assuming you're even telling the truth there) You were just trying to shove "tone the fanboyism down" down our throats just a few pages ago.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:04   Link #2513
Marly
>AS

Quote:
And suddenly you're being sarcastic? What would make you think I'd see that? (assuming you're even telling the truth there) You were just trying to shove "tone the fanboyism down" down our throats just a few pages ago.
Am I not allowed to be sarcastic from time to time?

I already made my point clear, so I don't see the need for me to reiterate it.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:05   Link #2514
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Am I not allowed to be sarcastic from time to time?

I already made my point clear, so I don't see the need for me to reiterate it.
When there's no way for anybody to tell that you're just being sarcastic, and not the fanservice-fan hater/Kurumi fanboy railer you were just a few pages ago? Yes, unless you make it clearler than that.

Even Wilfriback couldn't see it.

Anyways I'm not wasting more time on that; I've made my point, and don't do that again unless you make the sarcasm clear, because nobody will be able to see it otherwise after your anti-fanboy rant a few pages ago. You'll just tick people off. (I've never seen that much even sarcastically before)
Old 2013-04-27, 23:11   Link #2515
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
I don't mean the staff taking a break. I mean the STORY taking a break, from non-stop plot progression and drama.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:18   Link #2516
Marly
>AS

Quote:
When there's no way for anybody to tell that you're just being sarcastic, and not the fanservice-fan hater/Kurumi fanboy railer you were just a few pages ago? Yes, unless you make it clearler than that.

Even Wilfriback couldn't see it.

Anyways I'm not wasting more time on that; I've made my point, and don't do that again unless you make the sarcasm clear, because nobody will be able to see it otherwise after your anti-fanboy rant a few pages ago. You'll just tick people off. (I've never seen that much even sarcastically before)
Oh, my sincerest apologies.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:15   Link #2517
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Izzard was exactly the same age and character Touma was before his memory whip.

Its relevant because Aureolus Izzard is what Touma would have become and could be if he failed(or fails) to save Index.
Both are similar to the point of sacrificing everything for the sake of those who needed help but only one could win against fate while the other failed but didn't give up.
So you're saying that he is important for Touma's character development? In the end he exist to give the main character a little insight of what could happen if he fails but in the end it's still nothing important, it'd be different if he appeared later and give Touma a speech regarding that or Touma actually have a scene referring the alchemist experience but they don't, so it's nothing important it's just "Today i learned something important" level and still serves nothing important to know in order to understand Touma's character
Old 2013-04-28, 00:20   Link #2518
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Lol, you guys do realize the mods are going to roll in here with their hammers anytime, right? 'cause Toaru Index discussion is clearly off-topic here.

Just firing up a warning flare for you guys before they give you profile warnings.
Old 2013-04-28, 09:11   Link #2519
holybell84

Thanks for the update @ Date A Akihabara: Tohka version

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-04-28, 15:37   Link #2520
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'm going to to have to agree with Marly (tho perhaps not quite as vehemently) to please keep the character appreciation and things off the thread. We have social groups for that. I came for LN related discusssion and from what I've seen there's been very little of that going on :c

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy