AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-09, 09:51   Link #12481
JonasDown!

Sorry to butt in your arguments but I had the urge to share this...
Spoiler for image:

Last edited by JonasDown!; 2015-06-09 at 11:21.
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 09:51   Link #12482
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It is possible that Phantom is just an illusion projected by the real spirit who is held by DEM. It could explain why she has transformation abilities when those are the power power of Natsume. She isn't transforming, she is just manipulating the illusion to make something else.
If Phantom's an illusion, how did she give out those crystals? And how did Origami manage to hit her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Sorry to butt in your arguments but I had the urge to share this...
Is that a poster for the movie?
theultimates12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 09:58   Link #12483
Trung-t-rung

Now that I think about it.
Will Mana be relevant again this volume or she will be pushed to the sideline again ?
I miss her.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 10:03   Link #12484
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Now that I think about it.
Will Mana be relevant again this volume or she will be pushed to the sideline again ?
I miss her.
considering Asgard's stance on if Shidou goes berserk, Mana could end up being the one to rescue him until he gets it under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimates12 View Post
If Phantom's an illusion, how did she give out those crystals? And how did Origami manage to hit her?

Is that a poster for the movie?
normal illusions maybe but illusions using spirit powers could easily become more than just simple illusions and take on form.
Old 2015-06-09, 16:42   Link #12485
kagato3

Quote:
I... don't think so. There is actually one more Spirit that was mentioned but hasn't appeared. The Second Spirit Kurumi is looking for. Unless Phantom and the Second Spirit are one and the same which doesn't seem possible since Kurumi is looking for the Second Spirit with the help of Phantom, the chart is completed and Shidou can't fit in there.

Wait, that chart the tree is "The Starting Point On The Path To God", does this mean if Shidou's got all of the Spirits' powers, he would become God? Or would he meet the God of the Spirit? Maybe Phantom is that God.
This is a much better picture of the tree
Spoiler for large pic:

First off if Shidou is anything he is Da'at which is the combination of all the sephirots.

notice that all the known spirits hair colors match the color of their sephirot. Going by this 2 should have grey hair and 6 would be yellow/blond.

As for Phantom helping Kurumi if she is the second (this may not be the same as the #2 spirit ), it is pretty clear she is trying to get her sealed and Kurumi would need help raiding DEM. There is also the remote possibly that Ellen and Karen are #6 and the one Kurumi is looking for.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 17:11   Link #12486
Estzero1

I say the first and second Spirit are not part of the kabbalah. Same goes for Phantom.
But there is something we haven't mentioned yet. What is with the two pillars: Boaz (Severity) and Jachin (Mercy). Maybe this is a fitting point.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-09, 23:08   Link #12487
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I say the first and second Spirit are not part of the kabbalah. Same goes for Phantom.
But there is something we haven't mentioned yet. What is with the two pillars: Boaz (Severity) and Jachin (Mercy). Maybe this is a fitting point.
Let's see, the ones on Boaz are Kurumi, Kotori and the Yamai sisters. The ones on Jachin are Yoshino, Natsumi and the unknown #2 Sprirt which may or may not be the Second Spirit Kurumi is looking for.

This is only my speculation but it seems the ones on Boaz are agressive while the ones on Jachin are more passive (Natsumi only messed with Shidou because he saw her true form). Also, I notice that the ones on Boaz and Jachin have opposite personality and powers. This may indicate that the Spirit representing Sephiroth 2 may be Kurumi's opposite. My guess is her power will involve space (We still lack a Spirit that has Space-power, right?).

Wait, Space-power, could she be the one behind the Spacequake?
Old 2015-06-09, 23:10   Link #12488
cyberdemon

Quote:
Let's see, the ones on Boaz are Kurumi, Kotori and the Yamai sisters. The ones on Jachin are Yoshino, Natsumi and the unknown #2 Sprirt which may or may not be the Second Spirit Kurumi is looking for.

This is only my speculation but it seems the ones on Boaz are agressive while the ones on Jachin are more passive (Natsumi only messed with Shidou because he saw her true form). Also, I notice that the ones on Boaz and Jachin have opposite personality and powers. This may indicate that the Spirit representing Sephiroth 2 may be Kurumi's opposite. My guess is her power will involve space (We still lack a Spirit that has Space-power, right?).

Wait, Space-power, could she be the one behind the Spacequake?
distorting space to make a noise that hides her from being seen is an ability seen by Phantom. However while it fits for Kotori and Yosino's fire and ice, the Yamai and Natsume don't have abilities that are opposite of each other. So it isn't necessarily true that space is the ability of #2.

While likely though not definitely, Phantom is probably #2. Rather than space abilities, I would say the abilities of Phantom are distortion. Distortion of space for the noise effect, distortion of the body to change forms, distortion of the mind to erase memories. While indirect, her abilities are capable of affecting the space around and inside of her and others which could fit.

Kurumi and Kotori have both shown the ability to make space quakes at will.
Old 2015-06-09, 23:14   Link #12489
theultimates12

Quote:
distorting space to make a noise that hides her from being seen.

Kurumi and Kotori have both shown the ability to make space quakes at will.
True, but what causes the first Spacequake to happen? And what causes the other Spacequakes that transport the other Spirits to Shidou's world? Kurumi, Kotori and Miku don't seem like they would possess such powers as transporting people from one world to another but someone with Space-related power can. I think it's something that involves the #2 Spirit which seems to be Phantom.

Quote:
However while it fits for Kotori and Yosino's fire and ice, the Yamai and Natsume don't have abilities that are opposite of each other. So it isn't necessarily true that space is the ability of #2.
Technically, the Yamai sisters and Natsumi has opposite powers (I say technically because it's debatable if it's something related the Yamai sisters' power), the Yamai sisters are one person separated into two, Natsumi is technically two different persons in one body (Her older and child forms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
notice that all the known spirits hair colors match the color of their sephirot. Going by this 2 should have grey hair and 6 would be yellow/blond.
Hmm, isn't Mayuri blond? (I do know she's a movie character and is most likely non-canon).

Last edited by theultimates12; 2015-06-09 at 23:27.
Old 2015-06-09, 23:34   Link #12490
cyberdemon

Quote:
True, but what causes the first Spacequake to happen? And what causes the other Spacequakes that transport the other Spirits to Shidou's world? Kurumi, Kotori and Miku don't seem like they would possess such powers as transporting people from one world to another but someone with Space-related power can. I think it's something that involves the #2 Spirit which seems to be Phantom.

Hmm, isn't Mayuri blond? (I do know she's a movie character and is most likely non-canon).
Kurumi, Kotori, and Miku are all people who were clinging to something in this world which is likely why they don't get dragged into the other world. Miku wants attentions, Kotori has family but her powers were also sealed, Kurumi has a mission that she has yet to accomplish and would take longer to accomplish by going back to the void.

Tohka, Yoshino, and Natsume rejected the world due to their traumas which made them allow themselves to be taken back to the void. However they are able to enter the world without space quakes as long as they desired to be there.

The void I'd say is more of a retreat for those who wish to escape. Spacequakes are more about them trying to reject the world as they are being put back into it.
Old 2015-06-10, 12:17   Link #12491
Werter

I don't think Shido № 2 or № 6.
Imho it's pretty clear № 2 and № 6 should be girls with these covers.

Shido may be "Daat" who unites girls (spirits) around him,

P.S. Also with all "colors", № 6 should be a blondie.
Werter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 14:29   Link #12492
MysteriousBiscuit

Quote:
Distortion of the space around her? I mean, if you distorted the fabric of reality that would sort of tear a few holes...
MysteriousBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 17:34   Link #12493
kagato3

Quote:

Technically, the Yamai sisters and Natsumi has opposite powers (I say technically because it's debatable if it's something related the Yamai sisters' power), the Yamai sisters are one person separated into two, Natsumi is technically two different persons in one body (Her older and child forms)

Mayuri has a number in her name 10000 If i remember correctly. She also has a theme that points to lower levels of angles while the sipheroth are all arch angles.

the spacequakes have been strongly hinted to be caused by the spirits fighting against being pulled to earth. This is why Yoshino has such small ones as she doesn't fight the pull much. And the reason many are able to cross over with no quakes. It has been implied that the first quake was caused when Ike and Eliot pulled the first spirit over.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2015-06-10, 20:17   Link #12494
cyberdemon

Quote:
Mayuri has a number in her name 10000 If i remember correctly. She also has a theme that points to lower levels of angles while the sipheroth are all arch angles.

the spacequakes have been strongly hinted to be caused by the spirits fighting against being pulled to earth. This is why Yoshino has such small ones as she doesn't fight the pull much. And the reason many are able to cross over with no quakes. It has been implied that the first quake was caused when Ike and Eliot pulled the first spirit over.
Yeah those were my thoughts. The ones who inadvertently made a spacequake (Tohka and Yoshino) were the ones who were growing to resent Earth since they only ever got attacked whenever they turned up. When they wanted to go to Earth (for Yoshino to look for Yoshinon and Tohka to see Shidou, there was no spacequake because there was a desire to be on Earth.
Old 2015-06-10, 22:23   Link #12495
theultimates12

Quote:
Yeah those were my thoughts. The ones who inadvertently made a spacequake (Tohka and Yoshino) were the ones who were growing to resent Earth since they only ever got attacked whenever they turned up. When they wanted to go to Earth (for Yoshino to look for Yoshinon and Tohka to see Shidou, there was no spacequake because there was a desire to be on Earth.
That's true but what causes the first Spacequake that brings them to Shidou's world? What is pulling them to Earth in the first place?
Old 2015-06-10, 22:33   Link #12496
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Unfortunately thats a nice theory but its wrong. Tohka and Yoshino dont know what causes the space quakes or what they actually are.
The interesting thing is Kurumi kotori and miku each know how to produce them on their own. That leads me to believe that the spacequakes are an unconscious release of spirit wave energy that occurs when the spirits awaken from being asleep.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-06-11 at 05:25.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 23:16   Link #12497
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
UNfortunately thats a nice theory but its wrong. Tohka and Yoshino dont know what causes the space quakes or what they actually are.
The interesting thing is Kurumi kotori and miku each know how to produce them on their own. That leads me to believe that the spacequakes are an unconscious release of spirit wave energy that occurs when the spirits awaken from being asleep.
except that Kurumi, Kotori, and Miku could make them without being asleep. For Tohka and Yoshino their space quakes were likely from an unconscious desire not to go to Earth which was causing the space quakes in their attempt to resist it.
Old 2015-06-10, 23:26   Link #12498
kagato3

Quote:
UNfortunately thats a nice theory but its wrong. Tohka and Yoshino dont know what causes the space quakes or what they actually are.
It really seems to be caused more of the spirit resisting crossing over . Many of the spirits mention that they feel something that drags them across and it seems that the more willing they are to cross over the less of a space quakethere is to the point that those that are completely willing cause no Spacequake at all. See Yoshino's playing around, Touka's date and Natsume's cross overs no one noticed her.

I do disagree with some of cyberdemon's thoughts though as Yoshino seems to have had quite a few silent crossing for instance the one at the start where she was playing in the rain. The twins are slso tending to be destructive but there is a lot of evidence that they had a lot of silent crossings

Last edited by kagato3; 2015-06-10 at 23:43.
Old 2015-06-11, 05:26   Link #12499
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
It really seems to be caused more of the spirit resisting crossing over . Many of the spirits mention that they feel something that drags them across and it seems that the more willing they are to cross over the less of a space quakethere is to the point that those that are completely willing cause no Spacequake at all. See Yoshino's playing around, Touka's date and Natsume's cross overs no one noticed her.

I do disagree with some of cyberdemon's thoughts though as Yoshino seems to have had quite a few silent crossing for instance the one at the start where she was playing in the rain. The twins are slso tending to be destructive but there is a lot of evidence that they had a lot of silent crossings
For some reason i dont think the twins ever left. But whatever

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-11, 09:18   Link #12500
kagato3

Quote:
For some reason i dont think the twins ever left. But whatever
it is flat out stated they cross over.
Quote:
“Don’t tell me, those two came to this world silently?”

When Shidou said that in fear, Reine swung her head sideways.

“…………………no, it looks like the omen was confirmed. --------but, it happened far above in the skies of the Pacific Ocean.”

Shidou unintentionally stared into wonder.

“The Pacific Ocean’s-------sky?”
“………………….aah. Both of the <Berserk>’s Space Quake scale is A rank……………it is an explosion incomparable to Tohka and the others. But for some reason most of it, was confirmed in the middle of the sky with nothing in it.”
It's likely they have begun resisting more as they have felt the time they woukd remererge was growing closer or that they are often fighting with each other when pulled over.I think Tohka is the only one of the known spirits that sleeps on the otherside the others have made some comments that point to them still being aware on the other side.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy