AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 07:11   Link #1
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

FFXI - I'm going to start playing soon...

I will be getting FFXI soon for ps2, is there anyone else starting a new character, or getting it soon that might want to party with me?

my friend has it but he is level 13 already, so i was just wondering, since ppl here have at least one common interest with me, if someone would party at low-level

i will be getting it next week, or three weeks from now, depending on money constraints

PM me if you want to join me
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 22:38   Link #2
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I've been wanting to get this game for a while. If I do get it, it will be for the pc because I dont feel like paying for the game, the hard drive, the broadband adapter and whatever charges there are. I will say this though. I have a friend who has it and he actually warned me against getting it. He says it will overtake a significant portion of your free time and that is what is holding me from getting it. If I do get it, I will post here my character name, class and city.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 22:42   Link #3
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

yeah i was gonna get it for PC, but i would have had to buy a new Video card, plus my mom uses the computer, so i figured, the network adapter, and the games price difference would be the same price as the new vid card, and if im gonna pay for something monthly, im gonna get my moneys worth

so i went with ps2

(i will also be posting my name and city when i start playing)
Old 2004-03-24, 00:18   Link #4
xFordainedxx

ff online is the most gayest fuked up game ever just a copy of everquest and ragnarok same monsters over and over with little small diferences
xFordainedxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 02:27   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Don't ... I herd people that start playing this stay at home for weeks after cause it's so addictive.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 08:22   Link #6
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFordainedxx
ff online is the most gayest fuked up game ever just a copy of everquest and ragnarok same monsters over and over with little small diferences

Ok put the keyboard down and go back to mom and daddy. I don't think boys your age should be on the internet alone.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:00   Link #7
Laxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Don't ... I herd people that start playing this stay at home for weeks after cause it's so addictive.
I second that. All MMORPGs are like this. Hence why I think I'm going to be boy-cotting them from now on (Lineage 2 was very addictive and that was in another language!) cos I need my free time for other things (like anime) :P
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 15:28   Link #8
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFordainedxx
if you think that dont even bother posting...that has nothing to do with this thread, im looking for people to party with...not looking for someone who doesnt like the game
Old 2004-03-24, 19:07   Link #9
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander

I want to get it, but I'm SOOOOO afraid that I will be completely addicted and won't leave my computer. I don't think I've ever been afraid of a video game before Plus I don't like having to pay monthly fees to play a game
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 20:07   Link #10
Kung Fu Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
I will be getting FFXI soon for ps2, is there anyone else starting a new character, or getting it soon that might want to party with me?

my friend has it but he is level 13 already, so i was just wondering, since ppl here have at least one common interest with me, if someone would party at low-level

i will be getting it next week, or three weeks from now, depending on money constraints

PM me if you want to join me
I got FFXI for my pc when it first came out, adn from what I saw of it I liked it, its just that my computer cna't run it for mor then ten minutes at a time without crashing, I have no idea why it's not enen that old. I'd like to start playing on ps2, depending on a few things, money and time constraints being only a couple of them.
Kung Fu Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 01:56   Link #11
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i play FFXI...my FFXI addiction is NOTHING compared to what my EverQuest addiction was
btw, if you play FFXI on the Leviathan server, look me up (same character name as my handle here)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:31   Link #12
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

ok, i just found out ill be playing on Siren server, so if you pm me or post here int he next couple of days i can try to get a World Pass if you wanna play with me ^^
Old 2004-03-25, 12:22   Link #13
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
FFXI is alright, ive been playing for some time now but had to cancel because im running out of money. Its addictive in the beginning but ends up getting boring. take it from me, ive been playing for 3 months or so. its a small world afterall...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 16:52   Link #14
InitialD4

I have it, but I didn't install it yet...
I m going to wait until the beginning of April, so if you got it by then you can pm me.
InitialD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 22:53   Link #15
Foug

I quit FFXI a few days ago. The game is horrible. Its fun at first but after level 30-35 its sooo boring. You can be level 55 and you're fighting stuff you were before 10. Same looking mob, just under a different name. I can complain about the game for awhile but I won't. I'm waiting for WoW.
Foug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:09   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

If you are the type of person who gets totally engrossed (addicted) to one thing to the exclusion of everything else, then I can see how you would find FFXI boring after a while. It is repetitive. If you don't like it at the beginning but keep pushing yourself hoping that it gets better when you get to a higher level, you're bound to be disappointed. Also, if you're super-competitive and want to "rush rush rush" to get to the higher levels, you're also bound to get sick of it. But, if you play it in moderation and don't rush yourself, it's a lot more fun and the appeal lasts a lot longer. It's about having fun together with a group of people and taking on challenges as a team - it's not just about leveling up and getting new stuff. (Most of the people I knew who were rushing have now quit the game.)

If anyone is thinking of getting the PC version, I highly recommend getting a PS2 controller adapter. I really find the game a lot more fun to play with a controller than with a keyboard (obviously, you still use the keyboard for chatting).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 23:43   Link #17
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i could never bring myself to use a controller...not after becoming adapted to the keyboard
anyway, FFXI is the kind of game you just sit back and enjoy...
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 17:35   Link #18
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

OK, im online in SYLPH server by use of my friends worldpass, it has four more uses, here it is, plz reply if you use it so people know if they can use it

by the way, my name is Skeith, and my friend is Cubia

bye now
Old 2004-03-29, 01:41   Link #19
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
the world of ffxi is so damn crowded now, i can actually feel the lag like never before. i guess ps2's ffxi brought in a whole new wave.... do you need to put in the cd to play it on the ps2? is it fast? good graphics? fun?
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote