AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-24, 01:57   Link #401
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van-kun View Post
for me.. i think Sekai is to be blamed..

she encouraged Makoto to confess to Kotonoha knowing within herself that she loves him..

if she only encouraged herself to make Makoto notice her feelings without using lust..

after all Makoto became the way he was because of that "Practice" thing..
Quote:
hmm.. not from what he had shown in the series..

he's really immature and it turned out that Sekai was the bad influence..

honestly I'm glad he died, he's a disgrace..
Quote:
i was wondering how he got his extreme confidence..

in doing such actions.
If you think that only one person is to blame for everything, then you're highly mistaken. All of the characters are to be blamed for everything that transpired considering they all made their own decisions, but love is something that can bring out the good of people and the bad.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-01-24, 08:54   Link #402
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

eh? DeX-kun it was my only in my opinion though..

Makoto is to be blamed because..

all the girls offered themselves to him and yet he did not rejected..

knowing that he himself already has a girlfriend..

it is only natural for me to blame him because someone has to make a decision
and reject such offers, in this situation the boy (Makoto) must take the initiative..

he wanted pleasure and is s
elfish..
Old 2010-01-24, 08:59   Link #403
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't think most regular teenage boys, when confronted with such happenings would actually refuse those girls' advances. I know I wouldn't have (and I didn't, just for the record).

Old 2010-01-24, 09:07   Link #404
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

hmm.. you have a point there..

but it depends on the environment that you're living..

I understand that Japan is a highly civilized country and it's wrong for me to push my beliefs here..

that's why i want to share my opinion in that would reflect my country's practices..

it's not that he's the only one who crossed the line but the tragedy would have not occurred if he took the initiative to say "no".

hmm.. if i would be in the situation where my friend offer herself to me and i already have a girlfriend, would it naturally and logically to reject her?
Old 2010-01-24, 14:24   Link #405
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
eh? DeX-kun it was my only in my opinion though..

Makoto is to be blamed because..

all the girls offered themselves to him and yet he did not rejected..

knowing that he himself already has a girlfriend..

it is only natural for me to blame him because someone has to make a decision
and reject such offers, in this situation the boy (Makoto) must take the initiative..

he wanted pleasure and is s
elfish..
Quote:
hmm.. you have a point there..

but it depends on the environment that you're living..

I understand that Japan is a highly civilized country and it's wrong for me to push my beliefs here..

that's why i want to share my opinion in that would reflect my country's practices..

it's not that he's the only one who crossed the line but the tragedy would have not occurred if he took the initiative to say "no".

hmm.. if i would be in the situation where my friend offer herself to me and i already have a girlfriend, would it naturally and logically to reject her?
I know it's your opinion, but I just happen to disagree with the notion that only one person should be blamed. However, I do believe that Makoto does take the majority of the responsibility for everything that happened after he started sleeping around with the whole school.

Personally, I'd rather not bring culture into the discussion since it just complicates things so let's just concentrate on their actions in the anime. I think we can all agree that from a moral standpoint, all of this is wrong no matter what country you live in.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-01-24, 14:54   Link #406
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

For my part, yes, we can agree on that. All points, actually.

Old 2010-01-24, 21:05   Link #407
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

i brought culture in because most animes illustrate Japanese culture..

Netherlands accept this kind of behavior and consider this as their common practice..

so i guess it's not wrong in some countries..

anyway no one can tell you how you must think and i love the part of being a human where they simply complicates things and naturally humans are complicated beings to begin with..

and i didn't said that Makoto is to be blamed for nothing..

i just thought that if only Makoto said "No" matters would not worsen resulting to a tragic ending..

i know everyone is to be blamed but but..

eheh..

i just realized i only hate the guy that's why i put my blames on him..

he's definitely my counterpart..
Old 2011-05-19, 20:56   Link #408
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

To tell the truth, Makoto is not the worst anime character ever made. That title belongs to Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran. At least Makoto is a human being(despite being horny and cheater) than Haruhi who is nothing but glorified living zombie.
Old 2011-07-13, 22:54   Link #409
Boomproof
Imagination's Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Boomproof
First of all... Short interlude: Hi everyone! Newbie at this forum!

I was looking for a forum where people discuss Anime, and I think I've just found the perfect place! End of the interlude.

So: to the point: Makoto.

I am from the total belief that he should have been aware of the actions a loved and betrayed woman. Females usually react mouch more possesive and reckless against problems bounded with love. Nontheless, I am glad the OVA ended this way. I started hating Makoto as he, after he got his love corresponded by Kotonoha, started playing around with Sekai, instead of thanking her and therefore rejecting her.

I'm a guy who has passed situations like Makoto. This happens especially when the rumor of having a girlfriend goes around. It makes a guy mouch more interesting. And I have, I would and always will reject any kind of rendezvous if commited. It's part of any relationship: trust and honestity.

In case of falling in love with another girl while in a relationship, I'd first talk with my partner and presumably end it, before going any further than "hey, wassap? wanna go pick a coffee?" with another girl.

Kotonoha is, from her character and her looks, a dream girl. Souch girls are almost non-existent. I don't understand how is classmate didn't beat the hell outta him for doing what he did to Konohara.

Thank god he died (surrounding misshaps ignored!) !

Cheers
Old 2011-07-15, 13:22   Link #410
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomproof View Post
In case of falling in love with another girl while in a relationship, I'd first talk with my partner and presumably end it, before going any further than "hey, wassap? wanna go pick a coffee?" with another girl.
The fact that Makoto didn't decide which girl he wants to be with caused the whole situation. However, when I first watched episode 1, he was pretty normal, in my opinion.
Old 2011-07-16, 02:58   Link #411
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

He seemed like your average high school student shooting after romance. Then the feeling gets pushed, and Makoto probably doesn't realise this himself, but he became a playboy when he noticed the girls liking him and he could take advantage over it. That's how I saw it.
Old 2011-07-16, 09:36   Link #412
Boomproof
Imagination's Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Boomproof
Seen that way, you can relief som of the blame from him; he got stuck in a way fork. But is it actually so hard to understand for a boy like him that dating and going out with someone is based on monogamy? He seems to ignore completely the moral responsabilities of a relationship...
Closed Thread