with a cyborg body you can never grow old like Old Snake
Old 2013-03-26, 02:56   Link #1102
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's coming.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:41   Link #1103
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering Raiden's face in Solid 4 and Rising, it looks like he is still growing up.

Also, Sam also has Zandatsu?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 21:38   Link #1104
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-03-26 at 21:49.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:52   Link #1105
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Considering Raiden's face in Solid 4 and Rising, it looks like he is still growing up.

Also, Sam also has Zandatsu?
why wouldn't he? I mean the zandatsu is just raiden reaching into a cut in half body and pulling out a repair unit, sam should be able to do it to since he is better skilled at using a blade than raiden is, actually I believe raiden would have lost his fight with sam
Spoiler for if not:
Old 2013-03-26, 21:57   Link #1106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
why wouldn't he? I mean the zandatsu is just raiden reaching into a cut in half body and pulling out a repair unit, sam should be able to do it to since he is better skilled at using a blade than raiden is, actually I believe raiden would have lost his fight with sam
Spoiler for if not:
Doktor pretty much explains that Zandatsu is kind of from the latest technology since the cybernetic body absorbs the repair unit so it seems weird that for Sam to have it.

Also, Ripper Mode is pretty useless in boss fights.
Old 2013-03-26, 22:07   Link #1107
shadow1296

Quote:
Doktor pretty much explains that Zandatsu is kind of from the latest technology since the cybernetic body absorbs the repair unit so it seems weird that for Sam to have it.

Also, Ripper Mode is pretty useless in boss fights.
whose to say that sam cybernetics aren't the latest he could have upgraded to be like that, remember desperado had the latest metal gear(yes I know who was piloting it doesn't change the fact it was painted desperado colors and had its insignia on it) and I wasn't talking about ripper mode i'm talking about the ripper if monsoon hadn't awakened him raiden would not have been able to beat sam especially since sam was fighting seriously because he would have still been thinking his sword as a tool for justice and not a weapon for killing
Old 2013-03-26, 22:34   Link #1108
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
whose to say that sam cybernetics aren't the latest he could have upgraded to be like that, remember desperado had the latest metal gear(yes I know who was piloting it doesn't change the fact it was painted desperado colors and had its insignia on it) and I wasn't talking about ripper mode i'm talking about the ripper if monsoon hadn't awakened him raiden would not have been able to beat sam especially since sam was fighting seriously because he would have still been thinking his sword as a tool for justice and not a weapon for killing
Well the he'd be fighting a handicapped raiden, it's like saying "oh Frieza would have beaten goku if he didnt turn super saiyan" Well yeah of course he would have, but the thing is they DID.

Spoiler for sam:
Old 2013-03-26, 22:48   Link #1109
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Well the he'd be fighting a handicapped raiden, it's like saying "oh Frieza would have beaten goku if he didnt turn super saiyan" Well yeah of course he would have, but the thing is they DID.

Spoiler for sam:
that just makes sam even more awesome because he isn't
Spoiler for a:
and can be considered the strongest member of the winds of destruction, by that I mean even sundowner considers sam to be stronger than him, and the other three or atleast two of them
Spoiler for are:
and he was able to hold his own against raiden a state of the art cyborg with the ripper awakened
Old 2013-03-26, 22:55   Link #1110
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hell yeah!!!

In all seriousness if Kojima and Konami can buy out P*, man we got one hell of a game dev team right there.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:54   Link #1111
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Spoiler for sam:
Quote:
that just makes sam even more awesome because he isn't
Spoiler for a:
and can be considered the strongest member of the winds of destruction, by that I mean even sundowner considers sam to be stronger than him, and the other three or atleast two of them
Spoiler for are:
and he was able to hold his own against raiden a state of the art cyborg with the ripper awakened
And this is why the Japanese version is so much better in this case because Sam's blood is red in the Japanese version not white.

This makes the revelation
Spoiler:
much more apparent and has a bigger impact.

Last edited by defki; 2013-03-27 at 01:04.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 03:47   Link #1112
paladinenvec

I have finished the game, i only rented it cause i only focused it to end the game, not to get everything, but anyway here are my thoughts:

Spoiler for Personal Review & Some Spoilers:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 17:41   Link #1113
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
This makes the revelation
Spoiler:
much more apparent and has a bigger impact.
People really make this revelation overdramatic. Sam actually had cybernetic enhancements in his arms. This is needed to use the HF Blade and his sword was the strongest weapon in the game so that made Sam a balanced fighter.

More trivial stuff I found.

Raiden and Wolf should have their own sitcom.
Old 2013-03-28, 17:50   Link #1114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Raiden and Wolf should have their own sitcom.
Amusing on two levels.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 08:29   Link #1115
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

More loli Sunny ftw!
Old 2013-03-29, 19:59   Link #1116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Very Hard mode, HF Blade only (full upgrade), normal body, no ripper mode, no nanopaste, and I'm getting torn up by packs of armored swordsmen and Mastiffs =_=

Million Stabs and Endless Grab moves for the lose.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:22   Link #1117
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh god I hate Very Hard. It's probably even worse than Revengeance mode since that mode has a stronger parry. It took a lot of time to defeat Metal Gear Ray.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:46   Link #1118
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Very Hard mode, HF Blade only (full upgrade), normal body, no ripper mode, no nanopaste, and I'm getting torn up by packs of armored swordsmen and Mastiffs =_=

Million Stabs and Endless Grab moves for the lose.
Ugh gotta remember not everyone is as good as me at adapting, gotta remember not everyone is quick to learn when it comes to these types of video games.

Oh screw lemme just say it none of the modes were really that hard so long as you know their attacks by heart and the proper timing to parry them, OR you just spam the hell out of Jack the Ripper mode, certain powerful weapons, and the infinite wigs. The real challenge for most can be progressing through the missions or the boss fights without getting hit.

Oh wait were you intentionally putting your own handicaps on yourself to make the game harder? If so well more power to you, you masochist you.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:54   Link #1119
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Ugh gotta remember not everyone is as good as me at adapting, gotta remember not everyone is quick to learn when it comes to these types of video games.

Oh screw lemme just say it none of the modes were really that hard so long as you know their attacks by heart and the proper timing to parry them, OR you just spam the hell out of Jack the Ripper mode, certain powerful weapons, and the infinite wigs. The real challenge for most can be progressing through the missions or the boss fights without getting hit.

Oh wait were you intentionally putting your own handicaps on yourself to make the game harder? If so well more power to you, you masochist you.
I sometimes do that with some games if they are easy or if there is some overpowered move such as in the MegaMan X series or some RPGs. For example, the Fox Blade spoils the game so I'm never using it.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:05   Link #1120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Lol yes, I don't have the Fox Blade, but using max upgraded Armor Breaker or Stun Blade makes the fights super easy because of their special effects... And that's without Ripper mode.