AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-30, 09:44   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Heroman (BONES)

http://www2.diary.ne.jp/user/116302/

The director of Kurau mentioned in his diary that at the BONES booth, besides showing a trailer of his Hakkenden CG short film, they also have a preview of a new show called "HEROMAN".

Heroman and Bounen no Zamudo are two trademarks registered to BONES last year. As such both are BONES originals. From 2ch and Irie's comments here's what I've mananged to gather about Heroman:

- Stan Lee is somewhat related to the production
- The style appears to be appealing to American children
- Irie says the characters are "cute"
- Someone on the BONES message board commented it seemed very western in design
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 09:52   Link #2
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
BONES sure is on the roll these days.

A non-Japanese superhero sentai (or non-sentai) could be interesting. I for one cannot stand Ultraman. Hurray for american comics!
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 11:33   Link #3
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Another comment on 2ch states that there's definitely an american comic feel to it and the design looks kinda 'pop'. When he first saw the trailer, he was kinda confused because the main character's hair style and hair color were kinda similar to the heroine in Xamdou, and there was a robot covered in shadow.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:30   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I decided to check out Stan Lee's production company's site here: http://www.powentertainment.com/

Click on Characters & Franchises, then click on Animated Television Shows/Series, and then click on HERO MAN.

Quote:
HERO MAN

Animated Television series in development with Japanese based Animation Company WOWMAX/BONES.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:38   Link #5
himurokoken

Send a message via AIM to himurokoken
Hi duckroll

thanks for the information
himurokoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 14:40   Link #6
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here's more info on Wowmax Media: http://wowmaxmedia.com/corp.html
Old 2008-04-07, 07:29   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Newtype's BONES blowout has a feature on this!

Hero Man

Concept: Stan Lee
Character Design: Shigeto Koyama
Chief Animator: Toshihiro Kawamoto
Director: Hitoshi Nanba
Animation Production: BONES x Pow! Entertainment x Wowmax Media!

Story: Set in America. A young boy named Joey living in the West Coast comes across a toy robot. The toy robot turns into the giant robot of justice - Hero Man! Joey controls Hero Man and fights against other giant forces of evil!
Old 2008-04-07, 08:47   Link #8
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Newtype's BONES blowout has a feature on this!

Hero Man

Concept: Stan Lee
Character Design: Shigeto Koyama
Chief Animator: Toshihiro Kawamoto

Director: Hitoshi Nanba
Animation Production: BONES x Pow! Entertainment x Wowmax Media!
Bolded = awesome
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:21   Link #9
solomon

Hmm, I see Koyama's mainly done mech design so this will be a new swing.

As fer Kawamoto, I LOVE his designs (hes one of the best in my opinion) and I suspect he's probably a good animator, but when i think of japanese animators I think of either Ghibli people or action people like YutaNaka.

(Regular guys like him are harder to point out unless you can get your hands on intervews and stuff like that)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:25   Link #10
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
So, the rumours of Shigeto Koyama working with BONES on Xamdou were just slighty off the mark, but close enough.

The storylike makes me wanna facepalm, but this is BONES! Srsly, guys, not another "Imma SEIGI NO MIKATA!!!!11" series.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 11:07   Link #11
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
As fer Kawamoto, I LOVE his designs (hes one of the best in my opinion) and I suspect he's probably a good animator, but when i think of japanese animators I think of either Ghibli people or action people like YutaNaka.

(Regular guys like him are harder to point out unless you can get your hands on intervews and stuff like that)
Well yes, usually when one reads Kawamoto's name the first thing that comes to the mind is his distinctive and notorious character design. But in his portfolio he's worked as an animator, even as chief animator so I think we can expect some really nice things. What gets me curious is Koyama as character designer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
So, the rumours of Shigeto Koyama working with BONES on Xamdou were just slighty off the mark, but close enough.
It's true that if he collaborated on Xamdou I would have probably pictured him covering the mechanical designer role.

Quote:
The storylike makes me wanna facepalm, but this is BONES! Srsly, guys, not another "Imma SEIGI NO MIKATA!!!!11" series.
I'm fine even with an intended over-the-top/parody of the sentai genre, as long as the enemies aren't "PIG DISGUSTING", if you get what I mean.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:11   Link #12
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Anyone know if there's some good pictures/film floating about on this?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:32   Link #13
flou
That's no lady

Hmm....Koyama Shigeto is doing the character designs? That's unusual. I hope we'll get to see a new promo picture soon! This and Bonen no Xamdou are going to rock, if not only for the reason they are both animated by BONES
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:33   Link #14
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It looks like you're going to have to wait until I get my copy of Newtype in a day or so. People don't seem to care to scan anything from the BONES article other than E7.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:52   Link #15
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
It looks like you're going to have to wait until I get my copy of Newtype in a day or so. People don't seem to care to scan anything from the BONES article other than E7.
I'm also waiting for my copy of Newtype, too. Was it confirmed on 2ch that there is a picture?
Old 2008-04-10, 15:59   Link #16
duckroll
綺羅星★!

There's a 14 page BONES 10th Anniversary feature in Newtype. It covers all their upcoming, running and previous works. There's also an artwork by Kawamoto featuring 29 BONES characters.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:01   Link #17
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
There's a 14 page BONES 10th Anniversary feature in Newtype. It covers all their upcoming, running and previous works. There's also an artwork by Kawamoto featuring 29 BONES characters.
I'm so glad I ordered this month's Newtype
Old 2008-04-11, 04:39   Link #18
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Wow, I got it. This is the best issue of Newtype is a loooooong while. Especially for fans interested in BONES as a studio, the people in it, how they operate and what are their thoughts on their work and the industry at large. Really, really awesome 10th Anniversary feature on the studio. I'm sooooo happy. ^_^

Edit: Here are the Hero Man scans. Remember, if you're a fan of BONES and you have access to Newtype in your area, please BUY this issue. It's really worth it.

Last edited by duckroll; 2008-04-11 at 05:18.
Old 2008-04-11, 06:48   Link #19
ZODDGUTS

Is this really aim at U.S. audience? Had to take a double look because I was certain that person in the mag was a girl. Not sure if I'll appeal to them because of how the character looks. Don't they know that we like our leads to be buff and bald, girly man not wanted! !
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 09:51   Link #20
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Oh boy, look at these illustrations (thanks duckroll, I can't get NT here, but if this month's issue is THAT good I might as well order it from the intertubes). While it was obvious this wasn't going to be a "serious" show, I guess these pretty much confirm my previous speculations.
Maybe it could very well be an over-the-top mecha show, along the lines of Gurren Lagann (which is the most recent example) and other not-so-serious-yet-interesting type of shows.

Koyama's character design looks nice!
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha