AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-02, 19:05   Link #2141
Kvikveg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Well, for starters, you must rate someone else's avatar any time you post, or you risk post deletion when one of the mods browses the thread. And rating can be whatever you want it to be Out of 5, 10, 100, a percentage, whatever. However, most people tend to use out of 10 (personally I use that with half figures only, so no 7.1 or 8.3 or whatever, it'd be 7 or 8.5 respectively.)

kayos - cute Could use a border though. 7.5/10
Thanks for the warning!
6 for you, I don't like the border and the image is too dark somehow. Not my case altogether. She is cute.

kayos: 8/10: cute, nice and passing colors, but the image is slipped to the right side too much I think. I really like it.

Special award for Flo: burned out my eyes! This is horrible!
Kvikveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 19:52   Link #2142
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Hmmm, I'll just do three this time otherwise I'll suffer another usurping indignity... XD

Kvikveg - Nothing wrong with a lil' B&W, clean - looks good. Perhaps resize it a tiny bit so the chin isn't cut off? Border? 7.5/10
Radiosity - ah, ah ah, ah... Noooooo, too cute! , 9/10 for looks, 8.5/10 overall since I think it could be a bit stonger in the light department - might be just my eyes though .
kayos - 8/10. I like the colours and it's cute of course, just border it really I suppose...

Oh yeah, Flo gets 10/10 , obviously ... I seem to remember that shock from the cosplay thread . For those of you who've not seen it, do so. I promise your eyes will never see the world the same way again!
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 18:08   Link #2143
Synth
Azuma-Shinobu Ryu Ninja

Send a message via MSN to Synth
Heh, not much surprising but i give it a rank of 6/10
Synth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 20:11   Link #2144
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Synth: Too small. 6/10
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 22:28   Link #2145
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Synth: Oh isn't that Kimarhi from FFX or however u spell his name XD lol to small though and Rikku is way better :P 6/10

EtherNEZ: Nice and simple 10/10
Old 2007-01-03, 22:42   Link #2146
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

Cyz : i like it, maybe it's just me but too much focus on the face alone, but the expression is nice and clean border, it's refreshing, i don't know if it's the colors but i think of ice cream while watching it ^^ 8/10

Synth : It looks ok, but i'm not a fan of sprites look-a-like, and yeah it's a bit small considering you're only using 9k. 7/10

PS: I made mine this morning, after watching the my-otome ova this weekend, my fandom took over and this is the result ^^;;;

PPS: i'll have to ask someone to handle making a sig for me, it's something i just don't have much talent with.. will do it in the proper thread once i find a decent picture for source.
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 10:19   Link #2147
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm, well I just bought myself a spangly new TFT widescreen monitor to replace my dying CRT, and I can now see why some people mentioned that my av was too dark. Sure, the scene is set at night but it is indeed too dark. Amazing how dark and crappy a CRT becomes after 4 years of more or less constant use

I'll fix up the brightness when I get a chance.

ShinNoNoir - Natsuki! Evil scheming Natsuki too, even better. Not sure about the animation however. 7.5/10
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 10:34   Link #2148
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
I'll fix up the brightness when I get a chance.
This wasn't the first avatar of you being dark and/or unsharpened. I always wondered why, you said, "I like them natural", ok but jeez ^_^
So, will you start using the brightness/contrasts/levels tool with the new tft ?
By the way, I'll rate after the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinNoNoir View Post
Cyz : i like it, maybe it's just me but too much focus on the face alone
I made that so I can answer: that was a full screen shoot of her face, so it's not that I was having much choice in cropping, unless I had wanted to show just a mouth, or a couple of eyes, or an ear.

ShinNoNoir: The subject is cute, but I don't get the animation. Weren't there transitional frames to hand? It looks kinda clumsy, this way ^^;; 6,5/10

SweetHoney: Now that you slowered down the snow, it's better. The bg pic is maybe a little blurry, but still, good avatar. 8/10

Me: I know, I know, it's time to change, both avatar both signature, I'm currently seeking for proper material
Old 2007-01-04, 11:03   Link #2149
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelli
I always wondered why, you said, "I like them natural", ok but jeez ^_^
Yeah, nearly dead CRT monitor will do that I blinded myself when I switched the pc on with this new monitor lol I had the gamma up by 3x on my old one, that's how dark it was and I forgot to reset it before plugging the new one in

<- brightened it up a tad now, I like it so it's unlikely I'll tweak it further, that's just asking for trouble (too much tweaking can break things.) I also added an extra frame into the eye closing animation, since I had room to spare, it's a lot smoother and nicer looking now

edit: Even so, it's very annoying how crap a gif looks compared to it's ImageReady original (meaning the smoothness of the animation rather than the image quality.) It really is about time a new animation standard was created. Something closer to .png but obviously optimized for animation. I've said it before and will no doubt mention it again, gif is a horribly outdated format by today's standards. [/rant]

Kvikveg - looks smooth enough and black and white works quite well. Complete lack of moe though 7.5/10

EtherNEZ - Ah, moe, good good. Cute and the border works well. 8.5/10

Synth - I've used sprites once or twice myself but they tend to get bad (or worse, apathetic) responses. Still, it's pretty cool and worthy of a reasonable score 7/10
Old 2007-01-04, 11:05   Link #2150
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

Pellissier : I like that av, i prefered the previous one but it's the same subject and it's entertaining, she seems football challenged ^^ haha 9/10

Spoiler:
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 11:21   Link #2151
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ yea its a drag trying to make an avie out of 2 frames

Radiosity ~ peaceful and i also love the border style ^_^ 8.5/10

ShinNoNoir ~ points for trying ^_^ 8/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 12:05   Link #2152
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
edit: Even so, it's very annoying how crap a gif looks compared to it's ImageReady original (meaning the smoothness of the animation rather than the image quality.) It really is about time a new animation standard was created. Something closer to .png but obviously optimized for animation. I've said it before and will no doubt mention it again, gif is a horribly outdated format by today's standards. [/rant]
Not to mention that sometimes you can't get a certain sequence at a wanted speed. I mean when there's super-speedy motion on the anime, you most likely won't be able to recreate it, even using the same former frames with any change.

Rad: A cute girl in a cute pose, it works ... brightness is ok, considering her shadow. I still found those kind of elaborated border a bit distracting though. 8/10

Deathkillz: Where's Elise?!? ... J/k .. anyway this one is so so... the hair movements stops and that's a minus, the repetition is a tad too fast and more generically, it doesn't seem a sequence suited for being an avatar. 6/10

As for me, temporary avatar, a quickie I made for a review, but never got to use as avie. Really simple, but I find the sequence cute.
She's Fujinami Tomoko from Canvas 2 (probably, in an imaginary Oscar awarding, the best "non protagonist actress" of 2006 )
Old 2007-01-04, 12:28   Link #2153
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelli
Not to mention that sometimes you can't get a certain sequence at a wanted speed. I mean when there's super-speedy motion on the anime, you most likely won't be able to recreate it, even using the same former frames with any change.
Oh yeah, that's irritating as all hell too
I see you nabbed the avatar from the Canvas 2 thread there. Since she's one of my all time favourite characters, and the pose is just sooo Tomoko (the cheeky little minx) plus a bias rating too... hmm, easy 10/10

Deathkillz - liking the new one there, but i'm not a big fan of those transition effects (it's a personal thing, nothing specifically against your av.) Even so, certainly worth an 7.5... or maybe 8/10 since it's a nice dramatic pose
Old 2007-01-04, 14:56   Link #2154
Cyz
"Show it to me"

ShinNoNoir: the fading animation is quite amusing. 7/10
Deathkillz: CC looks pretty on that avie. 7/10
Pellissier: Haha! She's my favorite on the Canvas 2 series 8/10

--> New avie made by Pellissier. This is Takako from Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2007-01-04 at 15:19.
Old 2007-01-04, 18:07   Link #2155
EtherNEZ
AIR is good for you

Too many avatar changes! Don't you lot ever stop??

Cyz - Was Himeko not good enough for you? , but I'll let you off since you chose - IMO, Otobo's best lass - 8/10, just a little closer in... closer...

That did the trick Radiosity, subtle, but an improvement - 9/10 now. I'll bet you'll change it now though won't you? ^^. I don't get along well with GIFs, but you can get away with PNG's in my case. I agree about a better animation format though. Size is of course, however, always an issue.

Pellissier can't be stopped, eh? 9.5/10 - that animation is just sooo Tomoko on every level. (Funny, I'm sure someone else said exactly that.... )

I might do an animation, eventually... but there's plenty of life left for statics!
EtherNEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 19:04   Link #2156
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ
I'll bet you'll change it now though won't you?
Nope, don't plan on changing this one for a while Haruka is a firm favourite of mine, and since it's turned out pretty well it's unlikely I'd feel inlined to change it any time soon.

Cyz - For some reason she looks farmiliar, even though I'm sure I've never seen the anime before. Maybe I've seen pics of her on my travels, who knows. Anyway, cute and nice overall - 9/10
Old 2007-01-04, 19:23   Link #2157
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherNEZ View Post
Too many avatar changes! Don't you lot ever stop??
why stop when its fun to change!?

pelly ~ i just love tomoko ^__^ its a hard one to loop as the end seems to jump a bit ~ 9/10
oh and about mine ~ yea it wasnt really a scene that was ment to be made into an avie...but CC just looks soo dam cool i couldnt resist

cyz ~ kinda wierd scene for takako no? thats her in tsun mode 8/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 19:33   Link #2158
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

EtherNEZ 8/10, I like the look on her face
Radiosity 8/10, kawaii and I like the border
Deathkillz 9/10, since epi 12 of Geass ruled and so did your recap and I cant rep you cuz I already did
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 21:03   Link #2159
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
cyz ~ kinda wierd scene for takako no? thats her in tsun mode 8/10
Because there aren't good Takako scenes. But I'm still on the look out though. Btw, that was from the OP.

White Manju Bun: gloomy expression....cool! 8/10
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-01-04, 21:08   Link #2160
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Because there aren't good Takako scenes. But I'm still on the look out though. Btw, that was from the OP.

White Manju Bun: gloomy expression....cool! 8/10
Cyz:
Haha, he actually does smile but its hard to see

I dont know who Takako is but I like the avy 8/10
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags