AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 09:11   Link #21
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
As other have already stated, it is not that I don't like the song. I really have nothing against the music.
Anyways, since I was curious I tried to switch it with another song, but now I don't know if I could post the link here.
Well, I try. Another alternative. If I'm wrong, mods can kill me in the way they prefer
Nah, the alternate OP meshed just right.
Old 2012-02-07, 06:16   Link #22
PzIVf3

Ed full anamnesis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFAp...eature=related
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 16:22   Link #23
Extremesonic101

Man the ED is beautifully powerfull and so fitting. I love both themes of this anime (I'm probably the only here who listens to Nightmare Contagion like 4 times a day :P)

Btw does anyone else think that Nightmare Contagion kind of feels like something you'd hear from a japanese version of My Chemical Romance? kind of dark but somehow feeling happy and empowered at the same time?
I also think the Lyrics of MCR's Welcome to the Black Parade are somewhat fitting to this anime.
Extremesonic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 04:14   Link #24
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Mmm full size ED is quite lovely.

Honestly I'd love an extended version of the next episode preview music. Absolutely love it and how it sets the mood for the next episode! Feels like kind of thing the OP should have been like...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 17:16   Link #25
Unknown Soldier
:D

If they release a soundtrack CD, the PV music will certainly be on it. The show does have an excellent soundtrack and I would like to see such a release occur!
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:48   Link #26
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
4th episode in and I still find the OP highly irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I confess that I have no prior knowledge of Ali Project, and their OP song for Another is highly unlikely to make me a fan. To me, they sound like a bad mix of J-Pop and gothic rock.
Ali Project did the opening for Noir (a popular series from 2001/2002) and Avenger (a less notable series), if you've seen either of them. I agree with one of the first posters who remarked that this is very typical of their style. I'm not a fan, to be honest - not for this show, nor for the other two that I mentioned. To my ears, the melody seems to go all over the place and it's not particularly harmonious. It doesn't contribute to the atmosphere of the show, nor does it amp you up to feeling like you're diving into something epic. Even something more light-hearted and pop-sounding (like Chrno Crusade had with its opening) would have fit better, depending on how the series ends.

By stark contrast, the ending is amazing. Aside from being a beautiful song on its own, the placement is fantastic. What a great tension release, and a smooth way to return to reality. It's like lifting off the accelerator and coasting to a stop, instead of slamming on the brakes. That was a masterful choice.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:24   Link #27
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
By stark contrast, the ending is amazing. Aside from being a beautiful song on its own, the placement is fantastic. What a great tension release, and a smooth way to return to reality. It's like lifting off the accelerator and coasting to a stop, instead of slamming on the brakes. That was a masterful choice.
I wonder why it took me so long to get around looking for the translated lyrics of Anamnesis. Now that I know what it means, the song becomes that much more poignant. It seems to hint at an older, deeper relationship between the main couple, as though something had torn them apart in the past, leaving them forever lost in an apparently hopeless search for each other.

Spoiler for full lyrics; it's not fully literal, some liberties were taken to make it sound smoother in English:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 23:25   Link #28
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'll just repost what haguruma posted in the genric thread

Quote:
Ayatsuji Yukito (the author of the source novel) had an eye on both the manga and the anime adaption (he even chose Ali Project as the OP act because he's good friends with them and likes their music in context with his works)
Seems like some people would disagree with the author
Old 2012-03-15, 01:26   Link #29
Hakuromatsu

It seems to me that Katakura Mikiya is at his worst when writing anime OPs and EDs. If Ayatsuji Yukito has actually listened to the full body of ALI PROJECT's work, I could see him associating his novels with some of their better music (which does exist, if you look past their anisons).
Hakuromatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:07   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Any idea when the soundtrack is gonna be released?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 01:23   Link #31
Creed
Mad Hatter

Send a message via Yahoo to Creed
Come now, someone must have some information. I've been dying to get my hands on the soundtrack for months.
Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:24   Link #32
RenaFuura

The OST was released July 27
RenaFuura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:16   Link #33
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Allium is offline   Reply With Quote