AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 03:01   Link #28801
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Just noticed that prelim images of the HGUC Banshee Norn show it in black rather than the dark blue of the OVA version, hopefully that's the case for the final release.
Im torn about that, I like both colors tbh, but if its going to be black the nubs......"shudder"

And someone keep count of how many times Suiton posts that EW list, Im quite sure we are all familiar with it as it have been beaten into our heads

I dont see the logic of making the Mercurius and Vayeate separate types of releases, by that logic they should have made one of the MG Frame units an online exclusive after moulding a new weapon and a bit of new armor

Oh yeah as for HLJ if you order then put the items in the warehouse: do they charge you straightaway for everything? Or do they only charge for the item prices first then charge shipping when it actually ships out?

And how long is that AGE-1 Razor deal gonna last, I'm starting to get nervous due to all these details Im trying to confirm before ordering. I found some other kits I wanted but they are not in stock yet.....
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:47   Link #28802
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

They charge you for the items that are in stock at the moment. When you want them to ship your stuff, then they charge the shipping fee.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:33   Link #28803
Appel

I usually don't buy multiple items and if I do buy more then one kit I buy only those that are actually in stock. So I just have them ship everything right away^^ I have never used this private warehouse before.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:48   Link #28804
maknaedik

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6727189&type=1

New MG Sinanju bundled with Bazooka, and maybe less decals. That's it?! I'm disappointed then...

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 05:06   Link #28805
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6727189&type=1

New MG Sinanju bundled with Bazooka, and maybe less decals. That's it?! I'm disappointed then...
That is exactly what I expected. What else did you expect them to include?
The new manipulators would need remolded weapons, the OVA Sinanju is identical to the Ver.Ka/novel version and the original MG Sinanju Ver.Ka was an amazing kit to begin with that doesn't have any problems that might need fixing (compared to the Unicorn Ver.Ka vs. Unicorn OVA version).
Never forget that Bandai is just a company as well. They want to make money, so when they have the chance to exploit an old kit that already sold extremely well they WILL do it in a way that gives them a maximum profit.

One change that I do expect though is that the frame won't be made out of ABS plastic. That stuff is VERY expensive and after looking at my Nu Ver.Ka it seems like they found a way to mold the frame using regular polystyrene without loosing any stability.

Speaking of more solid frames... Maybe this will enable them to make an affordable MG Kshatriya?^^
Old 2013-01-25, 05:20   Link #28806
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Speaking of more solid frames... Maybe this will enable them to make an affordable MG Kshatriya?^^
IMO MG Kshatriya will be twice the price of MG Unicorn or even more no matter what frame they'll use. The price can be slightly cut if they decide to make the quad wings hollow.

As for the new Sinanju, I'm just glad that I don't have to buy the bazooka separately now and that'll make the bazooka's price cheaper ^^. Less decals? I'm fine with that. Slightly different colors? I'm curious about it. Can't wait to see the comparison pic.
Old 2013-01-25, 05:33   Link #28807
Appel

I could see the Kshatriya in the same pricerange as MG The O which has a list price of 12000 yen, 9600 yen at HLJ.
Old 2013-01-25, 05:56   Link #28808
Skye629

Quote:
The new manipulators would need remolded weapons, the OVA Sinanju is identical to the Ver.Ka/novel version and the original MG Sinanju Ver.Ka was an amazing kit to begin with that doesn't have any problems that might need fixing (compared to the Unicorn Ver.Ka vs. Unicorn OVA version).
Never forget that Bandai is just a company as well. They want to make money, so when they have the chance to exploit an old kit that already sold extremely well they WILL do it in a way that gives them a maximum profit.

One change that I do expect though is that the frame won't be made out of ABS plastic. That stuff is VERY expensive and after looking at my Nu Ver.Ka it seems like they found a way to mold the frame using regular polystyrene without loosing any stability.

The main difference is the color and the obvious inclusion of the bazooka, well at least we got an OVA version now, and who knows they may have some surprise improvements, though I would not count on it

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...ny-gundam.html

NO WINGS OF LIGHT "SOB SOB SOB", Bandai is gonna milk us with this kit for all its worth (Wings of light included version and perhaps a Heine custom)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...heatrical.html

LO AND BEHOLD, they got the clear colors right lmfao
Old 2013-01-25, 05:59   Link #28809
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
They charge you for the items that are in stock at the moment. When you want them to ship your stuff, then they charge the shipping fee.
Ah thanks for all the advice u been giving me! IMO im actually pretty impressed with HLJs prices and selection, now all thats left to see is how good the shipping is

And sorry for double post! I did not see the response until after I typed my previous post
Old 2013-01-25, 06:08   Link #28810
maknaedik

Quote:

New manipulators, haha! They don't really have to remold everything. Just include a new runner for the handles that is compatible with the new peg/tab system. Of course, it will still come with the old parts, but it's nice when they include them. But now, I have already accepted the fact that they won't.

Also. a new plate for the thrusters. This time, it'll have the separate plastic parts underneath for details, same as Sinanu Stein's. It's a pity that Sinanju is the upgrade, yet, Sinanju Stein's thrusters have more detail. Obviously, this wasn't included as well.

Many of the comments I've seen were wishing that the gold trims were separate plastic parts. Of course, that is impossible in Bandai's POV.

So now, what is Bandai thinking when they made this release? A new box, include the bazooka and change its colors? Now I'm having doubts if I'll get this or not.

But I'm still happy that they made this release rather than some pointless one. Like releasing remastered kits that has no current or recent remaster :P

Old 2013-01-25, 06:37   Link #28811
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
New manipulators, haha! They don't really have to remold everything. Just include a new runner for the handles that is compatible with the new peg/tab system. Of course, it will still come with the old parts, but it's nice when they include them. But now, I have already accepted the fact that they won't.

Also. a new plate for the thrusters. This time, it'll have the separate plastic parts underneath for details, same as Sinanu Stein's. It's a pity that Sinanju is the upgrade, yet, Sinanju Stein's thrusters have more detail. Obviously, this wasn't included as well.

Many of the comments I've seen were wishing that the gold trims were separate plastic parts. Of course, that is impossible in Bandai's POV.

So now, what is Bandai thinking when they made this release? A new box, include the bazooka and change its colors? Now I'm having doubts if I'll get this or not.

But I'm still happy that they made this release rather than some pointless one. Like releasing remastered kits that has no current or recent remaster :P
They could definitely do all that. But the Sinanju sells so well even without these minor improvements, financially there really is no need to include these changes^^
But hey, we don't have all the details yet. So MAYBE they will surprise us afterall.
Old 2013-01-25, 07:10   Link #28812
maknaedik

Quote:
They could definitely do all that. But the Sinanju sells so well even without these minor improvements, financially there really is no need to include these changes^^
But hey, we don't have all the details yet. So MAYBE they will surprise us afterall.
My only hope of buying it, again. HAHA!

Looks like its inner frame will still have the same light gray color unlike the HG version. It's supposed to be the OVA version right?

Old 2013-01-25, 08:14   Link #28813
Zeydra
A random passerby

The lack of Wings of Light have me torn. On the one hand I want to wait and pay the extra money for the most definitive release of the Destiny yet, on the other I want to vote with my wallet and say I don't support leaving out a major feature of something that even the high grade has. Ultimately I think I will vote with my wallet as I do not have the money to buy things like Online Exclusive kits, but unfortunately this means I also won't be buying the inevitable Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice as I won't buy an incomplete set.

Oh well, life isn't perfect, I'm just really disappointed so far. I'm also disappointed about that Sinanju however. If that has absolutely nothing besides a bazooka and a slight recolouring I don't see why it isn't just an online exclusive. They may surprise us, but in an age where they are putting increasingly large things as online exclusive I will find it incredibly poor form if they make something that offers so little mass market. Regardless of whether the Sinanju is one of my all time favourite mecha designs.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 08:22   Link #28814
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If RG Destiny's wings-of-light is really absent or the HG’s wings-of-light isn’t compatible with it, I don’t think I’m interested. Maybe if they release the Heine version or Deactive version, they will pick-up my interest again.
Old 2013-01-25, 09:33   Link #28815
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ah thanks for all the advice u been giving me! IMO im actually pretty impressed with HLJs prices and selection, now all thats left to see is how good the shipping is

And sorry for double post! I did not see the response until after I typed my previous post
You're welcome Bro
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:49   Link #28816
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Im torn about that, I like both colors tbh, but if its going to be black the nubs......"shudder"
A black Gundam marker, or heck, even a black whiteboard marker, hides black nubs really well.

As for RG Destiny - while I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with the Wings of Light, I guess that's kind of expected. I read somewhere that the WoL won't make it seem "real" or something along those lines? Anyway, I'm looking forward more to the inevitable Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom RGs.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 10:54   Link #28817
suiton629
Master Grade Master

What order do you think I should get the Wing kits?

The ones that are out that I haven't gotten yet...

Deathscythe EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Sandrock EW
Shenlong EW
Heavyarms EW
Tallgeese EW
Tallgeese II EW --> this one is out or not?

What I have:

Wing Gundam (TV)
Epyon EW

I refuse to get the Wing Zero Custom MG since that 1 and the Wing Gundam EW are very old kits. I'm hoping they get remastered since they're about 10 years old now and Bandai could double release them out 1 month after another or within the same month since they'd be mostly recolors with a different backpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
A black Gundam marker, or heck, even a black whiteboard marker, hides black nubs really well.

As for RG Destiny - while I'm disappointed that it doesn't come with the Wings of Light, I guess that's kind of expected. I read somewhere that the WoL won't make it seem "real" or something along those lines? Anyway, I'm looking forward more to the inevitable Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom RGs.
About that Wings of Light thing...

I definitely smell a potential for a "P Bandai Online Exclusive" version that comes with the Wings of Light; much like how we have Deactive Mode releases of the RG Strike, Aile Strike, Justice, and Freedom...
Old 2013-01-25, 13:33   Link #28818
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
What order do you think I should get the Wing kits?

The ones that are out that I haven't gotten yet...

Deathscythe EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Sandrock EW
Shenlong EW
Heavyarms EW
Tallgeese EW
Tallgeese II EW --> this one is out or not?

What I have:

Wing Gundam (TV)
Epyon EW

I refuse to get the Wing Zero Custom MG since that 1 and the Wing Gundam EW are very old kits. I'm hoping they get remastered since they're about 10 years old now and Bandai could double release them out 1 month after another or within the same month since they'd be mostly recolors with a different backpack.

About that Wings of Light thing...

I definitely smell a potential for a "P Bandai Online Exclusive" version that comes with the Wings of Light; much like how we have Deactive Mode releases of the RG Strike, Aile Strike, Justice, and Freedom...
Its all personal preference dude, and in the end its up to you how you spend your cash

If it was me though I would go for the Deathscythe Hell EW and Tallgeese 2 first (the pre-orders start today I believe)
Old 2013-01-25, 13:38   Link #28819
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Its all personal preference dude, and in the end its up to you how you spend your cash

If it was me though I would go for the Deathscythe Hell EW and Tallgeese 2 first (the pre-orders start today I believe)
I was thinking getting them in pairs?

Like..

Tallgeese EW + Tallgeese II EW
Deathscythe EW + Deathscythe Hell EW

and then whenever they release them...

Shelong EW + Nataku EW
Sandrock EW + Sandrock Kai EW
Heavyarms EW + Heavyarms Kai EW

and hopefully...

Wing EW Remaster + Wing Zero EW Remaster

and then I guess Tallgeese III EW on its own unless like a Serpent Custom or something like that comes out.
Old 2013-01-25, 17:18   Link #28820
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Why do you care so much? You have a giant backlog don't you.
Just wait for sales, efficient shipping or buy them when you feel like it.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy