AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 09:36   Link #6761
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's an American dance, and originated some time in the 60s(motown?). Whether that video got that move via Urusei Yatsura is impossible to say. It could have, or they could have both been parodying something more well known in Japan.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:20   Link #6762
Kudryavka

What is a nutbladder? And why do people say "my nutbladder is exploding"?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:13   Link #6763
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Are there any types of spears that are spelt with the letter K? Any language applies, even romanised ones.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:42   Link #6764
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Are there any types of spears that are spelt with the letter K? Any language applies, even romanised ones.
Kamayari

Kontos

There may be more, but this is what a quick search brought me.
Old 2013-02-16, 06:42   Link #6765
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
You mean starting with letter K?

Kontos
Kamayari

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:46   Link #6766
Zakoo

Ame no nuhoko in shintoism.

True that I went in the mythological one, you ask about real one or unreal?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:52   Link #6767
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
A Pike.

(I'm surprised no one else saw this...).
Old 2013-02-16, 06:58   Link #6768
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
A Pike.

well if talking about type of spear that have K in the name it will be

Hoko yari
Brandistock
Fork
Makrigga

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 07:17   Link #6769
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
A Pike.

Screw dyslexia. What I meant was starting with the letter K.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-18, 11:29   Link #6770
Skane
Anime Snark

Why does the hair on our head keep growing endlessly? Are there any other animals that have continuously growing hair/fur as well?

Hmmm... ...
Old 2013-02-18, 11:36   Link #6771
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Why does the hair on our head keep growing endlessly? Are there any other animals that have continuously growing hair/fur as well?

Hmmm... ...
Our hair is made of dead red-blood cells. Unless you have invincible red-blood cells, they will keep growing.

Strength of your hair is an indication of how strong your respiratory system is. If a hair that dropped off breaks easily or is brittle, you might want to watch your diet.

Old 2013-02-18, 13:16   Link #6772
Kudryavka

Quote:

Hmmm... ...
It does not grow endlessly. Head hair also has a terminal length, it's just that for most people that maximum length is extremely long, much longer than most people want to have their hair. And it's also difficult to reach that length anyway due to tangling and hairs falling out naturally after the anagen stage. Current theory for why our head hair can grow so long is due to sexual selection, because we love to style it and put pretty ribbons and flowers in it.

I don't know if there are any animals with forever growing hair, but I know for sure humans are not one of those animals.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:28   Link #6773
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:

Hmmm... ...
I believe we are the only speices with such long hair (though Horse Manes are similar in length, now that I think about it). However, as Kudryavka says, they don't grow endlessly. All hair has a "terminating length", the length of time it takes for it to grow and fall off. Most hair this is quite short (look at the average animal's fur). The reason we have such long head hair is likely sexual. It signals how healthy you are, and also your place in the social hierarchy (nicer styled hair means you're higher up).
Old 2013-02-18, 18:10   Link #6774
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Our hair is made of dead red-blood cells. Unless you have invincible red-blood cells, they will keep growing.

Strength of your hair is an indication of how strong your respiratory system is. If a hair that dropped off breaks easily or is brittle, you might want to watch your diet.
Just a bit of a correction, hair isn't made up of dead red blood cells, but of keratinized cells (probably dermal in origin, but I'm not completely positive - however, knowing what the body does with aged red blood cells, I'm quite certain that they're not making it into hair). Hair strength is partly based on diet and partly on genetics; the respiratory system tie-in sounds like something from non-traditional medicine. It's possible that respiratory issues could cause hair damage, but you would have more pressing problems with other areas of the body at that point
Old 2013-02-19, 03:41   Link #6775
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've not read any papers about how respiratory disease affects hair loss and maintenance.

And AFAIK the MSG thing leading to hair loss isn't actually true.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 03:57   Link #6776
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Pus on my head LOlsss
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:47   Link #6777
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Just a bit of a correction, hair isn't made up of dead red blood cells, but of keratinized cells (probably dermal in origin, but I'm not completely positive - however, knowing what the body does with aged red blood cells, I'm quite certain that they're not making it into hair). Hair strength is partly based on diet and partly on genetics; the respiratory system tie-in sounds like something from non-traditional medicine. It's possible that respiratory issues could cause hair damage, but you would have more pressing problems with other areas of the body at that point
I don't think that our hair is actually made of hair cells because that is the one that enables us to hear inside our ears.

Though I think you are closer to what I remember reading. I need a Pemex doubler to stop my memory from mixing things up and going fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I've not read any papers about how respiratory disease affects hair loss and maintenance.

And AFAIK the MSG thing leading to hair loss isn't actually true.
I always thought that the lack of moe and the association with older women often leads to hair loss.

Lolis for good health! Not those with fake pads for boobs.

Old 2013-02-19, 15:07   Link #6778
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I don't think that our hair is actually made of hair cells because that is the one that enables us to hear inside our ears.
The hair on your head and skin is very different from the "hair" (cilia) that allows you to hear
Old 2013-02-19, 15:14   Link #6779
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
How did M.D. Geist get so popular? There was barely even a plot and the main character is a complete monster. The show itself was awful.
Old 2013-02-19, 15:36   Link #6780
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
How did M.D. Geist get so popular? There was barely even a plot and the main character is a complete monster. The show itself was awful.
I remember it being advertised, but was it ever really that popular? It has some pretty poor reviews on MyAnimeList.net (5.41 for the first OVA and 5.29 for the second - some of the lowest scores I've come across).

If it was popular, it probably has to do with the time that it was released. That was in the late 1980's in Japan and the early- to mid-1990's in America. I can't really speak for Japan, but the anime scene in America was pretty different back then, as were the types of themes and styles that you would see in series. MD Geist may not fare so well against productions that came after it, but at the time it was rather intriguing.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious