AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-13, 06:04   Link #1241
Hyouzan
Fujiko's lap pillow <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Speaking of which, I just love how these girls (Eiko and Junko) hide their swords. Looks like a future 4koma topic
Well Eiko hid her tantou in her ponytail, i can buy that. Meanwhile Junko pulls out a full-length katana from her.....what, swimsuit ?
Yeah, i'd say that's an interesting material to explore lol

Then again we have a certain Liladan Observer who pulls out cannons and whatnot from a tiny pouch in a daily basis ...
Hyouzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:17   Link #1242
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouzan View Post
Then again we have a certain Liladan Observer who pulls out cannons and whatnot from a tiny pouch in a daily basis ...
At least she has a little purse, but Junko? I don't even want to know where that came from

She doesn't even have hair long enough to conceal that

I also started to wonder, these girls just love pulling stuff out of thin air. Remember Keina back in ep 01? Yeah, that wand. Where the heck did that come from?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:27   Link #1243
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it just me? that i think Korone is somewhat a Doraemon parody?, along with her gadgets from her purse
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 06:33   Link #1244
mangatron

posted from my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
is it just me? that i think Korone is somewhat a Doraemon parody?, along with her gadgets from her purse
I think others have mentioned that before so you're not alone.

I forgot to add that Korone's weapons-that-don't-actually-fit-in-the-bag are actually believable, when we think of them as similar to Fujiko's ep 04 pistol. Remember all that light that comes out of Korone's bag before she pulls something out? Yeah I'd say it's similar to Fujiko's (big nasty gun in a pill sized package)
Old 2010-05-13, 06:55   Link #1245
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
At least she has a little purse, but Junko? I don't even want to know where that came from

She doesn't even have hair long enough to conceal that

I also started to wonder, these girls just love pulling stuff out of thin air. Remember Keina back in ep 01? Yeah, that wand. Where the heck did that come from?
Remember; they are wizards
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 07:15   Link #1246
mangatron

posted from my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Remember; they are wizards
Well that's the thing, even in magical terms Junko's blade still doesn't make sense. We know for a few facts that we've yet to see Eiko's magic, but her blade has been perfectly explained several times for being concealed in her ponytail. Junko on the other hand, has been seen carrying her blade way back in ep 01, had it disappear during ep 05's dorm break-in, had it re-appear during the hot spring scene later on, which leads me to believe... Eiko's concealment is much better explained than Junko's

You might even pull ep 01's classroom battle where she produced a wooden blade, but it has to start from something, (she has cloning ability, aka cloning the sword instead of out-of-thin-air materialization), it wasn't her pledge sword, and we know for a fact that Eiko's and Junko's blades so far have not been imbued with magic, pretty much verifying that as un-magical weapons, they cannot materialize like the guns-that-shoot-magic, and, well, score another one for plot devices
Old 2010-05-13, 07:54   Link #1247
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
food for thought
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:30   Link #1248
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Korone is an affectionate parody of Doraemon. Besides the time/space portal in the desk drawer and drawing various gadgets from a seemingly unlimited extra dimensional purse, the way she present the gadget is very Doraemon like. Another obvious similarity is how they're both robots/androids that will cease functioning whenever their 'tail' is pulled. Somehow I believe that if Doraemon is created today it/she will look more like a blue-haired nekomimi bishoujo, like Nozomi from Mayoi Neko Overrun...

About Junko pulling swords out of thin air, it maybe just a plot device, but in a fantasy setting where magic is commonplace I'm more than willing to let that slide. They could say something like "the blood of Hattori clan enable them have a specific magical ability to pull out any kind of swords/weapons from thin air" (...and so, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!!) and it'll be good enough for me.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 08:47   Link #1249
eiyuu99

There's also the snack.
Doraemon is often seen eating Dorayaki, while Korone eats doll-shaped manjuu or pancake.

Hmm, how many things can Junko hide behind her back...?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 09:02   Link #1250
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Korone is an affectionate parody of Doraemon. Besides the time/space portal in the desk drawer and drawing various gadgets from a seemingly unlimited extra dimensional purse, the way she present the gadget is very Doraemon like. Another obvious similarity is how they're both robots/androids that will cease functioning whenever their 'tail' is pulled. Somehow I believe that if Doraemon is created today it/she will look more like a blue-haired nekomimi bishoujo, like Nozomi from Mayoi Neko Overrun...

About Junko pulling swords out of thin air, it maybe just a plot device, but in a fantasy setting where magic is commonplace I'm more than willing to let that slide. They could say something like "the blood of Hattori clan enable them have a specific magical ability to pull out any kind of swords/weapons from thin air" (...and so, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!!) and it'll be good enough for me.
Not to mentioned Doraemon sleeps in Nobita's closet as well

All that need now is somebody to show a rat to Korone and see how she react

Regrding Junko's . the rational explanation is the hammerspace.. but that is sooo boring.. so lets try the explanation from the realm of doujin .. There must be an origin when peoples says something about pulling something out of their S
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 09:27   Link #1251
mangatron

posted from my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well it certainly isn't a good reason to bathe with that on ones head now, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Regrding Junko's . the rational explanation is the hammerspace.. but that is sooo boring.. so lets try the explanation from the realm of doujin ..
Ah Animaniacs. What a classic

Quote:
There must be an origin when peoples says something about pulling something out of their S
Well that's why I said even in a magical world such as this, there's perfectly reasonable explanations for Eiko's pony blade, Korone's Deep Space purse, Fujiko's black magical guns, as well as the implication of Keina selectively invis'ing her wand, but Junko... poor girl has been relegated to being left out of additional explanation. (remember the debate about "how in the world did Junko know where to go" back when ep 05 aired? )

In the end I just have to laugh. Come on guys, rather than being controversial, I find her topics so amusing. It is after all an anime with ridiculously fast pacing, it sure is going to have a speed bump every now and then

So Junko has as much plot devices than Keina has mysteries, let's change the topic. Oh, I just found another Junko topic. A warrior having a disliking for slimy things? That's where ep 05's Eiko was calling her out for (seriously, she wasn't calling Junko a virgin), deep down inside no matter how much of a warrior she is, Junko is still a girl
Old 2010-05-13, 09:42   Link #1252
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I heard 1 legendary galaxy assassin also hate slimy things .. and hates ecchi peoples .. yet wears a micro skirt around town

Girls.. Its pretty hard to understand them
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 10:25   Link #1253
mangatron

posted from my phone

Quote:
I heard 1 legendary galaxy assassin also hate slimy things .. and hates ecchi peoples .. yet wears a micro skirt around town

Ha. Ha. HA Ha HA hA

You just have to love Ru, didn't you?

By the way, I love that name, Golden Darkness, it almost sounds like "sparkling tinted windows"
Old 2010-05-13, 11:49   Link #1254
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As for pulling swords out of one's a**, I guess magic and plot device are sufficient explanations, with the tone and pace this show have built. But it's interesting that a certain character in Durarara just pulled a sword out of her own arm to use. Do the writers for various shows work these things get together and share ideas over drinks?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 11:58   Link #1255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Perhaps they have a little "spin the dial" with body parts listed to pull things out of...

"She revealed her Adamantium Space Hammer that she pulled from her "left testicle" ..... um, whoops, spin again.... or is this trap week?
Old 2010-05-13, 12:07   Link #1256
Preacher

pfft.. its called Hammerspace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_satchel

edit: sorry, repeat
Old 2010-05-13, 12:13   Link #1257
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for pulling swords out of one's a**, I guess magic and plot device are sufficient explanations, with the tone and pace this show have built. But it's interesting that a certain character in Durarara just pulled a sword out of her own arm to use. Do the writers for various shows work these things get together and share ideas over drinks?
The sword pulling from the hand is actually a classic and form one of fave female characters.
Old 2010-05-13, 14:52   Link #1258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

That's always been quite a paradox

I think it was addressed at some point, and she explained she finds it easier to move in that outfit. Of course, we all know the truth is that she wore it for me, right?

Quote:
Ha. Ha. HA Ha HA hA

You just have to love Ru, didn't you?

By the way, I love that name, Golden Darkness, it almost sounds like "sparkling tinted windows"
Hey hey hey, don't pick on Yami-chan ! That's a lovely name.

I see you've changed your sig to a Lily one. Eiko is away for one episode and you're already cheating on her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Perhaps they have a little "spin the dial" with body parts listed to pull things out of...

"She revealed her Adamantium Space Hammer that she pulled from her "left testicle" ..... um, whoops, spin again.... or is this trap week?
That's... ...

A very disturbing image just popped up in my mind. I'm sure I'm going to think about it everytime she uses her sword now. Thanks a lot, Vexx
Old 2010-05-13, 19:31   Link #1259
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I see you've changed your sig to a Lily one. Eiko is away for one episode and you're already cheating on her?
Mangatron's a CHEATER! Eiko is going to beat you up for cheating on her.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2010-05-13 at 20:46.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 20:33   Link #1260
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I believe a better term than hammerspace would be Victoria's Secret Compartment.

Anyway, I ran across a Lily fanart:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen