AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 40 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 17:56   Link #81
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Good episode but I think that the last two episodes, while it has been very good, was not strong as the first two episodes. Let's to be honest Miss Macross thing wasn't particularly my favorite part, ok sure the show needs fan-service to please many fans and it was necessary to develop Ranka's character a bit but still I am just not really fond of that part. Positive side some great fights and nice to see those Zentradi's weapons back (Don't know how to spell them), and next episode seems to be more development for the famous Macross love-triangle.
Old 2008-04-27, 18:56   Link #82
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Please more respect that weapon is owning enemis from thousands years now
This is a little breafing:

"The largest and arguably most devastating Zentradi mecha of Space War I, the Queadluun-Rau battle suits of the female division forces are fast, maneuverable and well-armed mecha. Like the Nousjadeul-Ger of the Zentradi male division forces, the Queadluun-Rau is a powered suit of armor featuring two reaction furnaces that power massive dual engines, propelling the suit at tremendous speeds. A special inertia vector control system gives the Queadluun-Rau unparalled maneuverability and allows efficient atmospheric flight using only vernier thrusters, effectively compensating for the suit's lack of aerodynamic lift. In battle, the female powered suit relies upon a deadly array of rapid-fire laser and particle cannons, but most lethal of all are the missile launchers. Armed with over a hundred individual short-range missiles, the Queadluun-Rau is capable of engaging dozens of targets, inflicting heavy damage with torrents of guided missile fire.

The Queadluun-Rau's one disadvantage, like most Zentradi mecha, is a lack of long-range weaponry. Despite this one flaw, the Queadluun-Rau excels at medium-to-close range combat, being one of the most versatile and successful Zentradi mecha. Capable of deployment in any environment, the Queadluun-Rau could engage enemy forces in space, in the atmosphere or on the ground."
Old 2008-04-27, 20:10   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I gave it a 9 due to some of those faces looking a bit out of the ordinary. There's always the DVDs, Blu-rays etc.

Spoiler for ep.4:
Old 2008-04-27, 23:32   Link #84
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

AiA's #4 is out!
Old 2008-04-28, 00:33   Link #85
Beltane70

Quote:
the spelling of pixie squadron zentradi captain is getting on my nerves now.

not zentradi enough.

should at leased be spelt "Quan Quan" or something....
Maybe as a modern, human-cultured Zentradi, she decided to use a spelling that was closer to a human-based language, similar to the way immigrants to the US did.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:21   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooKie D. View Post
When you put it that way, Ozma and Catherine seem to be like Hikaru and Misa then (they didn't get along at the start and we all know how the latter pair ended up )
In this series the only relationship similar to Hikuru and Misa is Alto and Sheryl. Cathy and Ozma "appear" to have had a good relationship in the past and I'm guessing Cathy looked up to Ozma, a one sided crush so to say. Now as for the current tension between them.. who knows, perhaps Ozma rejected Cathy because he's known her since she was a kid. Perhaps Ozma joining SMS instead of the regular military Cathy is apart of had something to do with it.

This triangle is more interesting atm because we're left guessing at how things came to this point while the SherylxAltoXRanka triangle hasn't really got off the ground yet (though episode 5 should change that) and we have seen every moment of it.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:33   Link #87
hai_san

another perfect episode!

Lanka/Ranka(what is the official spelling of her name?) singing "My Boyfriend is A Pilot" while Alto dogfight with Kleinwas just pure nostalgia, and the fight itself it remind me so much of "Max and Milia" fight in the Macross movie and afterward they fall in Love...i thought it would already turn out to be a "quatro love" angle with Klein, Sheryl, Lanka and Alto, but Klein turned out to be a Loli Zentradi in micro human form was just xD

arggg i just love Macross !!!!!!!!!

ps: Alto stylisticaly finishing a Queadluun with pose and in same ep wrecking the VF
Alto wont get his "princess" reputation gone when he is watching a mirror and doing his hairs!

pss: does any other anime has a marvellous choreography of singing a song, dogfight with plane and still making/matching with a super story/dialogue? the maker of macross are just pure genius i say!!

Last edited by hai_san; 2008-04-28 at 03:08.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:35   Link #88
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't think these types of Zentraedi are exactly the same as the ones in the past, though I always could be mistaken. Maybe there's a new genetic breed that makes them look rather... catty and have some fangs and the like. Again, more Ctarl-Ctral than pure Meltrandi.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:44   Link #89
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
another perfect episode!

Lanka/Ranka(what is the official spelling of her name?)
Unless they screwed up on the ED theme it's Ranka.
Old 2008-04-28, 03:26   Link #90
hai_san

I think the main reason for Ranka not winning the miss macross contest was due to Leon interfering, because he didnt want the sole survivor of the 117 fleet incident to became famous and get to much attention.

ps: just a Question, the VA annoucer who introduce Ranka song? i thought i was hearing Mayama from Honey and Clover?
Old 2008-04-28, 04:18   Link #91
Blaat

For a second there I thought I was watching Dragonaut... huge breasts FTL. Besides that it was a good episode. Good to hear "My boyfriend is a pilot" song
Old 2008-04-28, 04:31   Link #92
Ottocycle

Quote:
ps: just a Question, the VA annoucer who introduce Ranka song? i thought i was hearing Mayama from Honey and Clover?
Indeed, that's him.

He is also Leon, if you haven't noticed already.
Old 2008-04-28, 04:49   Link #93
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
I think the main reason for Ranka not winning the miss macross contest was due to Leon interfering, because he didnt want the sole survivor of the 117 fleet incident to became famous and get to much attention.

...or it could just be something else, like you know, political thing?

why?

cos he has a snake face pen pushing desk jocky look.
yes. i've said it.

so sue me.

also i want to kill the shouta, everytime i re-watch this episode i have to mute the bloody first 2mins (after opening) i hate his voice. i hate his blushing. i hate his perkiness.

dammn shouta. die dammn you.
Old 2008-04-28, 06:24   Link #94
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And hey, the reason why I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle more interesting IS because we dunno what happened in the past with Ozma and Cat. It looks like they knew each other, and they don't get along terribly well, but Cat looked genuinely distressed anyway last episode when Ozma got hurt. While it might just very well be a dead end, but considering the history of this series, I wouldn't be surprised that they had something going on.
And also because Leon looks like an evil bastard which could potentially add great story development. =D
Old 2008-04-28, 12:59   Link #95
Tabris

I can't get over how much I enjoy this episode.

Despite the QUALITY moments, I must have watched it at least 10 times since the RAWs came out
Old 2008-04-28, 14:33   Link #96
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Klan Klien makes me confused. Did she alway have the deficiency. I guess it really depends on where she "grew" up. If she was part of the human fleet from birth then she's been a loli for a long time? OR was she "uncultured" and first found out about this when she was first micloned?
Old 2008-04-28, 15:09   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

I'm going to guess Klein Klan was born a regular Meltrandi.

Loli-fication has never been a problem for any previously known Meltrandi.

Hooray for genetic deficiencies!

On the subject of Meltrandi who do you think Nene was?

The short red haired with a short fuse tempered girl or the pink haired demure one.

On the point of the haired red head she could be pissed at Alto for tagging her.

On the point of the pink haired one the girly voice of Nene seems to fit her.
Old 2008-04-28, 15:27   Link #98
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The preview for episode 5 had a very interesting scene. it could be misleading but it Sheryl was blushing something fierce while Alto was holding her. This maybe the start of the whole love triangle or at least a peek into it.

Alto flying style reminds me of Max Sterling not as crisp and without took much wasted effort but his style reminded so much of watching Max's piloting style.
Old 2008-04-28, 17:17   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well was a pretty nice episode overall. Ranka and Altoh are starting off on their paths with a few speed bumps along the way. Mikhail ramping up the difficulty setting so Altoh would get blown to bits in the simulator.

Have to say the posing after he took down the first opponent was pretty funny. Just can't completely shake his roots after all. Plus going for a good look when heading out to see Ranka in the contest. Was good on him to give her a bit of support when she was in need of it.

Another nice song as well during the fight. Altoh was in pretty tough during that one trying to avoid getting taken down. Of course then it got interrupted by a serious threat, but in the end things worked out.

Something pretty funny about the loli Klein Klan chasing Mikhail around. That guy has the ability to get under anyones skin, but still fun. Then shoves Ranka onto Altoh before the episode finished up.
Old 2008-04-28, 17:21   Link #100
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
And also because Leon looks like an evil bastard which could potentially add great story development. =D
I agree that Leon is potentially more interesting in that he's prob going to be a big stumbling block for Ranka.

Also the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle is definitely more interesting since it will also affect Ranka and seeing Leon get his butt kicked by Ozma is worth it.