AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-24, 14:08   Link #141
maximilian06

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
Sorry but I really dont get why people like the fact that she has an irrational fear of seemingly everything, if a person acted like that in real life it would get really old really fast.
You answered it yourself... This is anime we are talking about, not real life. It may be annoying in real life, but it sure as hell is interesting in anime. Moreover, that fear of everything just increases the urge to tease her

White Devil of Administration Bureau
Old 2009-04-24, 14:21   Link #142
stubby42

I actually kind of find it annoying in the anime as well.

I'm actually in two minds about it because part of me wants a good story and I wish they'd focus on the character and her development but the other part of me understands why they do it, to make a hit which is different from writing a good story because their designed to achieve large audiences and make alot of money.

Sometimes I dont like the fact that I study the media and how it works, it ruins things for me at times.
Old 2009-04-24, 14:30   Link #143
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Regarding her irrational fears, it probably showed that her mature image is just a facade.

And she has got pretty large breasts at her age.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-24, 14:50   Link #144
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
if a person acted like that in real life it would get really old really fast.
Well... both anime and manga are fictional... so...
Old 2009-04-24, 14:52   Link #145
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Maybe this anime will prompt Vocaloid to produce exclusive K-On! editions.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-25, 06:39   Link #146
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well... both anime and manga are fictional... so...
Fictional yes, but it's not like this Anime is about slaying dragons or ghost busting. Having too much "irrational" stuff would definitely ruin the story somehow.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Old 2009-04-25, 23:13   Link #147
DidCart

Quote:
Sometimes I dont like the fact that I study the media and how it works, it ruins things for me at times.
I study the media too but I know to separate the times that I'm seeing something to analyze and the times that I'm seeing something just for entertainment.

Of course sometimes you'll see some things that other people would pass by, but if it's starting to affect your enjoyment... NOT COOL!
Old 2009-04-26, 00:44   Link #148
Fran~
floating away...

Well, i wanted to post this way before... but i think that everybody already noticed:

I guess you know who is this guy....
Old 2009-04-26, 10:46   Link #149
stubby42

Quote:
I study the media too but I know to separate the times that I'm seeing something to analyze and the times that I'm seeing something just for entertainment.

Of course sometimes you'll see some things that other people would pass by, but if it's starting to affect your enjoyment... NOT COOL!

I can do it most of the time but sometimes if I've been studying it alot or working on a film intensely I find it alot harder, I dont know about you but I often spot cuts and transitions and I have fallen prey to the I would of done it this way syndrome.

But I guess thats just a "ocupational diesease".
Old 2009-04-26, 20:53   Link #150
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Well, i wanted to post this way before... but i think that everybody already noticed:

Spoiler for big images:

I guess you know who is this guy.... [
I don't really see the comparison XD
Old 2009-04-26, 21:25   Link #151
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
I don't really see the comparison XD
I don't either, auld Paul wouldn't look as good in a maid uniform...or would he?!
Old 2009-04-26, 21:41   Link #152
DidCart

Bad comparison.
Old 2009-04-26, 21:41   Link #153
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I think he is trying to point out they are both left handed.
Old 2009-04-26, 21:57   Link #154
Fran~
floating away...

Bingo... and... you will see another "coincidence" in the future.
Old 2009-04-26, 21:59   Link #155
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
O I C WAT HE DID THAR

Mio's my favorite character, and I base that on the initial impression of her being introduced as a bassist...I first of all don't get the "moe" attraction that a lot of people cite as their catcher, especially since my ignorance with some anime fandom terms leaves me with a different set basis for character judgement...But bassists stick together like two things that would stick together; Yeah, she's got a cute facial complex, some intelligence and maturity, and a slight insecure personality that I could probably relate to, but she's first and foremost a bassist to me, with of course the extra aforementioned goodies on top of that...She could've been a complete background character or she could become the overrated star; I'll still like her because of that one quality...Hell, if any of the other characters were made the bassist, even with their current personalities, I'd gravitate towards them instead...

I used to have a tendency to almost every time in a series choose my favorite character unintentionally as the underdog or unpopular character of the series; Looks like I managed to get caught in a bandwagon this time around...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-26, 22:02   Link #156
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Bingo... and... you will see another "coincidence" in the future.

Everyone will die besides Mio and Ritsu? XD
Old 2009-04-26, 22:09   Link #157
Fran~
floating away...

Lol... nah... Paul writes, also Mio... Paul sings, also Mio... Paul "leads" (i don't care about John fans ) and also Mio.

I don't know if Paul is also afraid of Barnicles, but if he does, hell...
Old 2009-04-26, 22:10   Link #158
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Oh spoilers abound, eh? XD

I guess those were all pretty obvious things though. I didn't think Mio would write, but I can't really think that Yui, Ritsu, or Mugi would, so I suppose it makes sense.
Old 2009-04-26, 22:13   Link #159
Fran~
floating away...

Because they are totally obvious is why i didn't use spoilers tags.

So, if you stop in the street a common guy and ask him for a left-handed bassist who writes, sings and leads a group... who do you think that guy would imagine?
Old 2009-04-26, 22:50   Link #160
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I don't think most people would be able to name any bass players XD

"what's bass?"

but I see your point
Closed Thread

Tags
characters