Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-20, 09:10   Link #1661
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Not so pleased with the downgrade/nerf for the Sentinel class. The massive power recharge penalty (-80%, -50% fully upgraded) and the fact that you have to actively detonate your tech armor makes the skill almost completely useless in actual combat. ME2 tech armor was WAY better.
If you use Tech Armor just for detonating it in the middle of combat, then yes it would be weak. Even in ME2 though, I use it for the damage protection, and now I have the option of detonating it when I absolutely want to... like stunning that Phantom and then killing it with melee.

Quote:
Other classes seem to be more or less the same in terms of play style. I'm not so sure about the Engineer class though... it seemed underpowered to me.
Engineer is initially underpowered compared to the other classes, but once you get some points on the Combat Drone you can actually start dishing out the pain. A fully upgraded Combat Drone is a force multiplier, allowing you to bolster your attack strength, protect your flank and even outflank your enemies. Also, once you get the tempo of weapon bursts -> Incinerate/Energy Drain -> weapon, you can kill a lot of enemies very quickly.

Quote:
All the classes in the demo seem to have really long power recharge times. I hope it's different for the real game, because some of those recharge times for powers are going to get you killed on Hardcore or Insanity.
As already mentioned, your recharge times depend on your weapon weight. The more and/or heavier the weapons you carry, the worse your power recharge rate. If you use tech/biotics heavily, you should try to keep your weight down to the bare minimum you can tolerate. Thus, you don't want to carry a Claymore Shotgun if you want to spam your powers. You should also choose weight capacity upgrades if your build relies on power usage, so as to allow you to carry heavier weapons while reducing the weight penalty.

Quote:
Not sure about Sentinel, as I still only have the female human (even though it's my most used class ).
The Human Sentinel is more or less an Asari Adept but with Tech Armor instead of Stasis. If you're talking Sentinel, it has to be the Turian. It's got both Warp and Overload, allowing you to take care of both biotic barriers and kinetic shields, and the Turian is tougher overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't know if it was the low-levels, but Soldier Class felt really weak to me. The Adrenaline Rush and Concussive Shot were weak, and they still had the 2 Weapon restriction despite being Soldier.
Depends on race. The Human Soldier definitely feels underpowered if we're talking about straight-up shooting and tanking compared to the Krogan Soldier that can straight up tank nearly everything.

Adrenaline Rush and Concussive Shot aren't impressive at the beginning, and require much points expenditure to even begin to be good. Frag Grenades though are utterly and completely awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Do they atleast have a charge?
The Krogan heavy melee attack involves it running before smacking the enemy into oblivion. It's also the only heavy melee that you can perform directly from a run, unlike the others where you need to stop before engaging.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 13:27   Link #1662
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blagh, multiplayer on the 360 is buggy as hell for me. I can't even move.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 16:29   Link #1663
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Maybe it's your NAT? Mine plays decently.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:52   Link #1664
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Adrenaline Rush and Concussive Shot aren't impressive at the beginning, and require much points expenditure to even begin to be good. Frag Grenades though are utterly and completely awesome.
Don't even get me started on those two. Fully invested Adrenaline Rush with additional power usage is just flat out awesome.

Combined with upgraded frags, it's not that hard to score 100+ kills per mission (bronze and silver; gold wiped my team out instantly). Mind you, I only carry a pistol to gain the maximum effectiveness out of the two aforementioned powers, but I have the barrel damage and scope mods to make it seem more like an assault/sniper rifle.

In fact, Soldiers play pretty much like any other shooter, except with crowd control (though not to the degree of characters like Engineers) and a damage booster in AR.

Edit:
Still no alien infiltrators unlocked. :/

Last edited by Who; 2012-02-20 at 18:10.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:00   Link #1665
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Blagh, multiplayer on the 360 is buggy as hell for me. I can't even move.
Been playing the hell out of it and I've yet to encounter anything buggy, a friend of mine has however complained of not being able to move although his internet speed is pretty poor which is likely a contributing factor.

I'm really enjoying the MP and my only real gripe with it is that the button to revive downed team mates is the same used to "stick" to cover meaning that on occasion while trying to help a teammate out you end up zipping from cover to cover instead.

Edit: to add to LoweGear's point on the engineers combat drone being awesome, it can also be upgraded to fire rockets and chain lightning which is awesome for distracting guardians and atlases.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:06   Link #1666
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I FINALLY beat all 11 waves. Twice~
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:32   Link #1667
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Holy crap Silver and above is hard.

Any suggestions on it and what level you should be at for it?

They also say that you can destroy a Phantom's melee weapon...how do you do it?

On that matter, is it just me or does the shotgun have a lag time when it kills someone? I feel like it takes a second after I shot before the guy's head explodes
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:43   Link #1668
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Holy crap Silver and above is hard.

Any suggestions on it and what level you should be at for it?

They also say that you can destroy a Phantom's melee weapon...how do you do it?

On that matter, is it just me or does the shotgun have a lag time when it kills someone? I feel like it takes a second after I shot before the guy's head explodes
Silver I say around 10~15, gold I would just do it at 17~20. I am capable of beating silver decently if my teammates around pretty good. On gold the furthest I got was wave 7, almost got to 8 but got flanked by Phantom and Atlas. My main class is Infiltrator and the way I play on gold and silver is essentially a free role. Using my cloak I move around the field and either flank the enemies or snipe from far, and if I see a point where enemies start to spawn I move there and snipe them before the enemies have the chance to move or attack. Also as Infiltrator one of my main duties in gold is revive my teammates, with my cloak I could run around the filed and heal them without getting killed, at one point i had 15+ revive on gold.

But when playing gold I really suggest a teammate with stasis take care of Phantom.

On Phantom, I never heard of being able to destroy their melee weapon. Regarding the shotgun lag, maybe it is actually connection lag?
Old 2012-02-20, 20:18   Link #1669
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Depends on race. The Human Soldier definitely feels underpowered if we're talking about straight-up shooting and tanking compared to the Krogan Soldier that can straight up tank nearly everything.

Probably because of race then.

It probably scales better, but at low levels, its crappy weapon loadout, recharge time for Rush/Shot, effectiveness of said starter powers and how Soldier's not exactly stronger in terms of straight-up shooting compared to other classes made it feel weak to me.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:28   Link #1670
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Man Infiltrators in MP are seriously awesome. The only downside to cloak is that enemies will detect you if you get too close, so you need to pull of your knife slice quickly or you'll get knifed in return. On the other hand, if you have fully upgraded Cloak to allow one power use without revealing yourself in the last tier you can cryo blast them at point blank range and knife them to death. You can get more melee kills with this combo than any other class.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:50   Link #1671
com_gwp

^That's what I'm wondering, does the double power bonus allow you to shoot twice? Because from my experience cryo isn't really much use with shielded enemies. IMO a cloak break sniper shot would probably get you the same results even without the +40% perk, and is loads faster without the immediate danger of being out of cover. This is of much relevance to me since I'm planning to play the core ME3 once again as a infiltrator.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 23:01   Link #1672
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I noticed in Centurions that you can actually shoot through the eyeslits. Seriously. Once when I faced 3 Centurions I tried if shooting through the ports worked and yes, you can shoot through the slits, and it's a headshot. killed two of them in that encounter.

Not sure if the double power allows you to shoot twice since I picked the power one. You can use the usual fire around corners and hit the Centurion around his shield. It's hard but I managed to do it.

Personally I don't use sniper rifles with cloak. I use cloak either to escape or melee opponents, so I picked up the increase melee damage bonus.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 23:31   Link #1673
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Someone's Slow :P

Its a Common thing with FPS's and shooters, shoot their feet or if theres a slit for them to look, shoot that = big damage.

there were 4 intel centurions and i one shotted them all before the party could do anything. I dominate everything with a head shot or nothing at all, its either miss or head shot.
Old 2012-02-21, 01:11   Link #1674
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I noticed in Centurions that you can actually shoot through the eyeslits. Seriously. Once when I faced 3 Centurions I tried if shooting through the ports worked and yes, you can shoot through the slits, and it's a headshot. killed two of them in that encounter.
You mean Guardians. Centurions are the taller Mattock-armed Assault Troopers with kinetic shields that launch smoke. And yes, shooting through their viewports is a most common anti-Guardian tactic (There's actually an XBox 360 achievement for it in the full game). Anyone that's a decent enough shot with a sniper rifle can headshot Guardians through the viewports, though any weapon can do as long as you're good enough.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-21, 01:24   Link #1675
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
It's not that hard. I just whip out a shotgun, aim for the viewpoint and get myself an easy headshot.

That or with a submachine gun I just aim for the feet. Love how they fall over in pain when I shoot them there.

On that matter is it just me or does the Avenger feel like a peashooter? I feel that the tempest submachine gun packs a bigger punch.

I tried the mattock but I feel the shotgun and submachine gun combo is a lot better.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 01:28   Link #1676
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's not that hard. I just whip out a shotgun, aim for the viewpoint and get myself an easy headshot.

That or with a submachine gun I just aim for the feet. Love how they fall over in pain when I shoot them there.

On that matter is it just me or does the Avenger feel like a peashooter? I feel that the tempest submachine gun packs a bigger punch.

I tried the mattock but I feel the shotgun and submachine gun combo is a lot better.
The Tempest is more powerful than the Avenger, but the latter is more accurate at longer range while retaining its killing power. Once you get the Avenger X, it becomes an incredibly useful and versatile weapon for even power-using classes. My Engineer, Sentinel and Adept can actually wield the Avenger now and still get 200% power recharge rate.

Old 2012-02-21, 01:50   Link #1677
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Actually had quite a bit of fun with the Engineer in MP. Like the tactical use of the drone. Useful in getting shielded enemies to turn around so you can fill their backs with bullets .

Didn't think I'd get into the MP too much, but it's pretty fun.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:48   Link #1678
zibi88

Im kinda sad becouse I cant unlock damn assult riffles... I have only M-96 unlocked... but it doesnt have much ammo pack which is kinda sad since ammo is very important xD... so I stayed kinda on the M-8 Avenger VIII model... I bought soo many veteran packs and only upgrades to pistols I have (but dont use it at all)

from sniper rifles only M-97, and shotguns latest Sejmitar one... still no luck on damn assult rifles... so it would be a way better if we could actually buy a cetrain item for earned credits... than keep on bying veteran packs for 20k and have nothing worthy in it ;/
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 02:54   Link #1679
Alchemist007
*Author

Preordered collector's ed just the other day on best buy's website. All these fools on the bioware forums saying you should preorder 500 years in advance. Only applies to lamestop and amazon.com because they're the most popular and everyone has forgotten that other stores have inventory too.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:09   Link #1680
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
^That's what I'm wondering, does the double power bonus allow you to shoot twice?
Well it doesn't otherwise Infiltrator will be broken
But if you're lucky enough you can get the Viper which is awesome(automatic sniper) but deal less damage than Mantis. And there's also M-98 Widow which is Mantis 2.0! Really great against armor & shield too and also one shot guardian even with his shield

For the auto rifle , i prefer the mattock even though it lacks ammo , it does more damage. I have no problem mixing it with my adept.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2012-02-21 at 04:47.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass