AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 22:38   Link #1081
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I thought you were trying to be moe, but then I noticed THAT is the user's name .
It would be kinda creepy if I was trying to be moe as I am a 22 year old man who is on route to be a Madao(hope I spelled it right)

@KiRa08o2 hope you feel better dude. Drink plenty of orange juice, some soup, and Day/Nyquil. And thanks for the summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
She has more stuff to worry about, being the (current) leader of the Vampire Ninjas and all, rather than living in the same house as Ayumu's. Besides, if she does, she'll probably need space to gather other Vampire Ninjas for missions. Though, I say Ayumu would feel happy about hordes of pretty (Vampire Ninja) girls at his house, albeit he surely would know his house isn't an appropriate place for such a large gathering.

Anyways, I'm almost finished translating a 2ch-style fanfic (read: NOT CANON, IT'S A FANFIC MIND YOU) I randomly read off in an archive. There was another, I think I should go back to it sometime later, but I'll finish the one I'm working on first. Hint: It's a Sera/Ayumu.

Also, don't ask how the hell can I translate such a thing when I can't do the same for other media (light novels, manga etc).

EDIT: Should I post that here or in the anime thread? Though, I'm too lazy to touch the anime thread...
I look forward to the fanfic for SeraxAyumu. And just to bust some chops(balls), how can you translate that and not the other media?

edit: sorry, I couldn't resist

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-06-04 at 21:20.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 00:49   Link #1082
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
I look forward to the fanfic for SeraxAyumu. And just to bust some chops(balls), how can you translate that and not the other media?

edit: sorry, I couldn't resist
Well, it's done.
Spoiler for Wall of text ahead, divided into smaller parts:

You're asking why? It's of course because since it's on a web archive and mostly consists of simple sentences to translate, I abused the hell out of Rikaichan (Rikaikun on Google Chrome) on it and there we go, and I think my translation is quite crude.

Most light novels, though, contain a lot of narratives I'm not fond of translating. Especially if they get around explaining terminologies etc. Manga, well, it gets messy when I encounter upon a Kanji I can't read (due to no Furigana) and I usually give up on that. Also, when the character gets around to explaining stuff I raise the white flag right there.

Trust me, my Japanese is only good for no-longer-than-a-sentence conversations.

There's also another one I had a good read before I got around translating this one, in fact even better: the OP expanded on Sera's character development in a pretty way. (Like how she come to terms of how she feels about Ayumu). Maybe I'll take a break for today and come back for that later when I feel I have enough spirits to do it. (Of course, that also means encouragement from you guys. Zero motivation, zero cake )

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 02:40   Link #1083
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Well, it's done.

You're asking why? It's of course because since it's on a web archive and mostly consists of simple sentences to translate, I abused the hell out of Rikaichan (Rikaikun on Google Chrome) on it and there we go, and I think my translation is quite crude.

Most light novels, though, contain a lot of narratives I'm not fond of translating. Especially if they get around explaining terminologies etc. Manga, well, it gets messy when I encounter upon a Kanji I can't read (due to no Furigana) and I usually give up on that. Also, when the character gets around to explaining stuff I raise the white flag right there.

There's also another one I had a good read before I got around translating this one, in fact even better: the OP expanded on Sera's character development in a pretty way. (Like how she come to terms of how she feels about Ayumu). Maybe I'll take a break for today and come back for that later when I feel I have enough spirits to do it. (Of course, that also means encouragement from you guys. Zero motivation, zero cake )
Please do it pleeeeeaaaasssseee

and on another note he really does make him faint to much.
Old 2012-06-04, 06:51   Link #1084
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Well, it's done.

wait is this a fanfic? or? a short story?
Old 2012-06-04, 07:18   Link #1085
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
its fanfic, he himself said it before
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 08:33   Link #1086
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
its fanfic, he himself said it before
While by we Western standards would qualify it as such, the format is nonstandard for us; and they 2ch people usually categorize these stories as SS (shousetsu, or best translated as 'short stories' ).

Well, whichever definition you feel comfortable. All you need to know is that like doujinshi, they are fan-written, so the usual perks and peeves of a fanmade work applies. (I've read worse. )

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 16:56   Link #1087
Athena
The Power of One

We should get ourselves a fan-fic thread here too.
Old 2012-06-04, 17:02   Link #1088
sky black swordman

How about a Social Group ? i dont think there is one.

KiRa08o2 I thought you had a cold ? Are ok now?
Old 2012-06-04, 18:02   Link #1089
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

I agree with you. A social group would be good. Also, even if KiRa has a cold that doesn't mean he can't lurk or post on the thread. I do it if I get sick as well; otherwise I'd go crazy with boredom.
Old 2012-06-04, 18:08   Link #1090
Athena
The Power of One

@whsie There was the naked appron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Long story short, I'm in my bed and have a laptop+WiFi just 1 meters away. Then, yeah....anyway, I got better, just have a few sneezes and my nostril block at moments.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:13   Link #1091
Yye1
Wide Right

Yeah, we should have a social group like the DxD one

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:02   Link #1092
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I could make a social group later today if you want, but I just want to hear everyone's opinions before I make it. Even though it would only take a few minutes I'd rather make sure there are more than 3 people that want it. Also I may decide to have someone monitor the group with me.

edit: Update on NanoDesu's page. Thanks for all the hard work NanoDesu.

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-06-05 at 00:16.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:10   Link #1093
Extremesonic101

I have a small request that I hope could be answered here, I don't have the light novels nor access to them, and the English manga's are slow (Official Vol 1 is all there is right now)
and I really want to know about Queen Lilia Lilith, she looks really cute from the one pic I've seen of her, and she seems interesting however I can't find info on her just small blurbs

So my request, does anyone have anymore scans of her aside from the cover pics, and does anyone have a brief summary of her personallity and just a bit about her (if anything's been revealed on her)

If anyone has these or knows how I can get them I would be very appreciative if not, no biggie.
Extremesonic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 00:31   Link #1094
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^ all I know so far is that she is a bit of an odd-ball. She has a habit of apologizing to people when she runs into them or is about to attack them(kinda like Aries from Fairy tail). It also appears that she does not care much about the masou shojo that die in the war(uncaring/cold(possibly sees no point in doing so)). She also appears be the type of person that wants/tries to be prepared for anything by preparing and improving her equipment(that lion thing). That's all I got from the spoilers and summaries so far. Someone else will be able to give you more information.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:44   Link #1095
Extremesonic101

Thats absolutly a helpfull start thank you very much, the apologizing thing sounds cute, didn't think she'd be cold but thats cool.

I saw in the anime thread that someone said she appears in the OP so I'll have to look into that, I never noticed, I've seen Nene but I usually forward the OP so I'll re-check :P
Old 2012-06-05, 00:50   Link #1096
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Her cameo in the opening is between 0:45-0:48 if that helps. She is wearing a green dress and holding the lion thing.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:00   Link #1097
Extremesonic101

Thank you again! its at 0:48 she's so cute! I knew what she looked like from the cover thing but seeing a second pic of her reinforces her adorableness. She's now on my top five list, sorry Taeko you may get bumped off :P
Old 2012-06-05, 01:06   Link #1098
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

heheheheh. Your welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you. The queen does appear to be be cute, but looks can be deceiving. Just look at Chris, she appeared to nice and looked cute but turned out to be, possibly, one of the most dangerous enemies Ayumu ever faced. The Queen is just as dangerous. Looking at this and TAMnI it appears that lolis are the most powerful/dangerous people in the LN world.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:11   Link #1099
Extremesonic101

You've been very helpful, I now have another reference I can put towards drawing her.
XD nothing wrong with that the Loli's are awsome
Old 2012-06-05, 01:26   Link #1100
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremesonic101 View Post
You've been very helpful, I now have another reference I can put towards drawing her.
XD nothing wrong with that the Loli's are awsome
You aren't a lolicon are you? If you are then you best avoid the police. They'll charge you as a pedo because they don't understand how lolicons think.

edit: or you could just say you're a "feminist" lol

Tags
ayumu`s ass, gender bender, harem, occult, romance, shounen, zombie