AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-05, 11:14   Link #24321
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercrow108 View Post
hope theres a past arc or deus ex machina to save them all not just the the main chara but all the chara including jasmine and the villain except allucard of course
Bleach and Naruto have corrupted you.

Go watch Blassreiter to cure that corruption...
Old 2013-08-05, 11:27   Link #24322
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Bleach and Naruto have corrupted you.

Go watch Blassreiter to cure that corruption...
Well, i'm already corrupted by Attack on Titan and Akame ga Kill.

Other than Tsukune and Moka everyone else should die, it'd give us a sense o realism that R+V doesn't have since none of the good guys are allowed to die in this serie.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:20   Link #24323
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^....

My friend, I beg to differ. Just killing characters off doesn't give anything a sense of 'realism'. In Attack on Titan, it works because of the setting - applying that to R+V is too much and it doesn't automatically make a story 'good' or 'realistic' because a 'good guy dies'. And we should wait a bit before saying 'none of the good guys are allowed to die', especially after the Floating Garden crashed into a populated city. Unless Fuhai unleashed some great Magic that would most certainly kill him at this stage, I see scores of human deaths because of this - that is 'realism'.
Old 2013-08-05, 16:25   Link #24324
shadow1296

as long as the deus ex machina that gets them out of this situation is not like the one that happened in freezing i'm good with it
Old 2013-08-05, 18:11   Link #24325
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^....

My friend, I beg to differ. Just killing characters off doesn't give anything a sense of 'realism'. In Attack on Titan, it works because of the setting - applying that to R+V is too much and it doesn't automatically make a story 'good' or 'realistic' because a 'good guy dies'. And we should wait a bit before saying 'none of the good guys are allowed to die', especially after the Floating Garden crashed into a populated city. Unless Fuhai unleashed some great Magic that would most certainly kill him at this stage, I see scores of human deaths because of this - that is 'realism'.
Ok, forget the "realism" stuff. The main problem in mangas that don't "allow" any of the good guys to die is that you end up not caring for the fights, as there is no sense of danger. You think "well, even if character 'X' lose the autor won't allow him to die anyway, why should i get worried ?"

The autor almost killed Mizore and Kurumu a lot of times but no one really cares because everyone knows the autor will never kill any of the main characters.

" Akame ga Kill " is one of my favorite shounen manga nowadays because i know that, other than Tatsume and Akame any of the main characters can get killed anytime, anywhere. It makes you care a lot for the fights because you know it can be the last time you see that character. While you suffer a little seeing characters you like dieing one after another, at the same time, is very addictive and entertaining.

This "good guys are immortal" in R+V is becoming really boring for me.

Last edited by Lender; 2013-08-05 at 18:30.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:58   Link #24326
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Not to mention, we don't know in what state Akasha is going to be, when she wakes up ... Issa ... well, we have no idea how powerful he is, and if he is even still alive, since Alucard - "Miyabi", might have gotten "rid" of him, already.
Or maybe he just doesn't want to come because he is still angry at his wife for keeping deep connection with her ex-boyfriend.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 21:30   Link #24327
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
Ok, forget the "realism" stuff. The main problem in mangas that don't "allow" any of the good guys to die is that you end up not caring for the fights, as there is no sense of danger. You think "well, even if character 'X' lose the autor won't allow him to die anyway, why should i get worried ?"

The autor almost killed Mizore and Kurumu a lot of times but no one really cares because everyone knows the autor will never kill any of the main characters.

" Akame ga Kill " is one of my favorite shounen manga nowadays because i know that, other than Tatsume and Akame any of the main characters can get killed anytime, anywhere. It makes you care a lot for the fights because you know it can be the last time you see that character. While you suffer a little seeing characters you like dieing one after another, at the same time, is very addictive and entertaining.

This "good guys are immortal" in R+V is becoming really boring for me.
The reason why something like that happens, is because that fans of the work, especially if the character is female, get attached to them ... and would be a little "outraged" if that character dies.

It pretty much depends on the author, and before this arc occurred, I think that Ikeda rarely showed "character deaths", even from the "villains" side...

This changed, when we were shown the "death" of Kahula, and I think that at least one or two characters might die, from the good side ... I'm talking about Outer Moka and ... probably Tohou Fuhai, who might "sacrifice" himself to allow the others to escape from the "crushed" Floating Garden.

Finally, if you don't like something, you don't have to continue reading it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Or maybe he just doesn't want to come because he is still angry at his wife for keeping deep connection with her ex-boyfriend.
Maybe
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 22:46   Link #24328
khprincessh

Wink Crazy chapter!!!!

What a crazy chapter that was!!!! All heck just broke loose!!! The monsters entered into the human world That is not supposed to happen.... I hope nothing happens to moka!!! Hopefully she'll stay alive!! And hopefully they'll win this fight! I just can't wait till they go back to school I'm tired of all this fighting Does anyone else agree with me!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 2013-08-23, 23:28   Link #24329
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
What a crazy chapter that was!!!! All heck just broke loose!!! The monsters entered into the human world That is not supposed to happen.... I hope nothing happens to moka!!! Hopefully she'll stay alive!! And hopefully they'll win this fight! I just can't wait till they go back to school I'm tired of all this fighting Does anyone else agree with me!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Wining this fight, is unfortunately ... pretty much impossible. The most they can do, is probably contain the damage that has been done by the crush of the Floating Garden ... and try to force Alucard to escape ... delaying the next step of his plans, a little bit, but even that is going to be a pretty difficult task.

Returning to school is likely going to happen, after a few chapters that deal with some of the remaining issues, in the current arc, but unlike you I doubt it's going to mean the return of the carefree mood that this manga had, before the current arc occurred.

Ikeda, has simply went too far, for that to happen.
Old 2013-08-24, 05:48   Link #24330
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
I just can't wait till they go back to school I'm tired of all this fighting Does anyone else agree with me!?!?!?!?!?!?!
i agree with ya, this series just went downhill after they introduced fairytail
Old 2013-08-27, 00:06   Link #24331
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Anyone know when the next tankoban will be released, and when the last one was? I want to compare the dates to the localized one to see if it also has a huge gap of months in between releases.
Old 2013-08-27, 00:13   Link #24332
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Anyone know when the next tankoban will be released, and when the last one was? I want to compare the dates to the localized one to see if it also has a huge gap of months in between releases.
From the wiki, volume 13 of the tankoban is apparently going to be released on the 4th day of September.

The previous one was released on the 4th day of February.

I hope this helps in you're research
Old 2013-08-27, 11:05   Link #24333
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Hmm, seems that if all the chapters released in between volumes may be equal to the number in a volume. If it's true, then this next volume may have 6 chapters, but more likely only 5. I'd like it better if it was a full 7 instead. Also seems that the gap is 7 months in between for both versions.
Old 2013-08-27, 23:04   Link #24334
chrono25

well I dont think its gone downhill just yet fairy tail was a good idea to give focus to the story but some of the plots in that group were a little much as for alucard's main body thats some thing thats been a loose end that needs to be dealt with as for our hero he has gotten a power up from all this and that could be what the whole fairy tail arc was for if he has already unlocked 2 of 4 seals then with the next few chapters he should be able to master that power and with moka this arc has brought her closer to him so their relation ship should take off if they get to year 3 !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 03:36   Link #24335
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I won't be surprised if Issa pops out of the blue looking older and the design is similar to the anime version. Man dark chapter...makes me sad.
Old 2013-08-28, 10:24   Link #24336
ccie20012

I also agree from introduce fairytail manga go to downhill. Maybe no one remembers, but it started out as a comedy. nostalgia
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 10:49   Link #24337
Chris38

^ I would say that it was a mix of comedy and action.

And to me, it hasn't been going downhill ... it's actually getting better, but that's something that depends on you're taste ... and it won't be something that everyone will agree with.
Old 2013-08-28, 12:40   Link #24338
Deus Ex
Call me Convel

I don't think that it's going downhill, but i would like these fights to stop for a while, i know that their school life won't be the same anymore but still...
Deus Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:53   Link #24339
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deux Ex View Post
I don't think that it's going downhill, but i would like these fights to stop for a while, i know that their school life won't be the same anymore but still...
Don't worry, considering we're all but an the end of Season II, I'd say the fights will indeed end, for a while anyway. Though with Alucard on the loose and Omote all but dead, nothing will indeed be the same. Unless the Lord of Darkness is stopped, the dream of coexistence will be lost forever. And at this point, that's simply not an option. And the fight resumes in another few days. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 17:56   Link #24340
chrono25

that kira guy there is just something that is a little unclear to me about him they say he is based off alucards body so does that make him some kind of mixed blooded vampire!
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire