Old 2007-12-02, 01:41   Link #962
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
As I am watching again, I am wondering: who actually wrote this great stuff? The company minori did the games, and therefore the basic outlines of the story, but the lead writer for the anime is a guy called Takayama Katsuhiko 高山カツヒコ . It turns out that he was lead writer on Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora and series story editor for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. His credentials for adapting strong romantic stories are impeccable.

Of course, this series has one unfair advantage over any other I can think of: the music by Tenmon. Sublime. He knows how to use silence, as well as sound.
True, like stated on Toua's opening statement, the selling point were Naru Nanao's work with the combination of Tenmon and Shinkai. And this pretty much carried over to the anime too. Takayama Katsuhiko, I don't recgonize the name but I did watch Kimi ga and Hanbun, and they were to say "sad".

I don't understand Japanese, so I'll have to wait till Conclave and Mendoi finishes subbing their ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 11:29   Link #963
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Spoiler:
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 14:12   Link #964
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
As I am watching again, I am wondering: who actually wrote this great stuff?
If you're asking for the scenario writer behind ef - a fairy tale of the two, that's Mikage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for Episode 10?:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-12-02 at 16:06.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 15:24   Link #965
deffusse
otaku[SK]

actualy, Ef is one the best stuff of this year.... [also with higurashi nNKnK] There could be pieces like clannad and the other ones, which are being expected.... but discreet gizmo named Ef a tale of memories kick their asses
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 16:29   Link #966
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you're asking for the scenario writer behind ef - a fairy tale of the two, that's Mikage.
Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. For those who can read Japanese, here are his home page ("In the Cold Light of Day") and his Japanese Wikipedia page.

From the link you provided, I see that Mikage (御影 "mikage" means "honorable image" and refers to a picture of someone or to the spirit of a dead person) was the main writer, or one of them, behind the original D.C. ~Da Capo~ game. And he did the Haru no Ashioto and Suika games. He also has a light novel out, called "Dream Knocker" (ドリームノッカー).

It appears that there was also another main writer on the ef games, Kagami Yu 鏡遊 ("mirror-journey"). He also worked on Haru no Ashioto. There's a short story in Japanese on his site.

So we have Mikage and Kagami's basic story, adapted for anime by Takayama Katsuhiko, and animated by Oonuma Shin (with Akiyuki Shinbou's guidance).
Spoiler for ep9:
Spoiler for one of my favorite images from ep9:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-02 at 17:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 17:10   Link #967
rg4619

Quote:
From the link you provided, I see that Mikage (御影 "mikage" means "honorable image" and refers to a picture of someone or to the spirit of a dead person) was the main writer, or one of them, behind the original D.C. ~Da Capo~ game. And he did the Haru no Ashioto and Suika games. He also has a light novel out, called "Dream Knocker" (ドリームノッカー).
Just to clarify one thing, mikage's work on Haru no Ashioto was mainly limited to the System Demo, which is an advertisement piece that has the characters joking around while demonstrating the engine's features. On the actual project, his role was more supervisory (I don't think his name even appears in the main credits).

After Haru no Ashioto, he took over as minori's chief director, scenarist, and project planner (Haru no Ashioto fandisk, ef -a fairy tale of the two-).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 18:12   Link #968
masama
use the fōrks ~

Kyosuke is probably regretting not having the camera at the end of ep9, how can he not film it?!

getting a bit tired of Renji x Chihiro, quite frankly I don't really care about them anymore, though I did like them in the first few episodes

probably a bit spoilerish
Spoiler for ep9:
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:28   Link #969
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

So all those debates about Yu and his slap are pretty much resolved in this episode. Well, maybe not resolved, but we have a much better look at Yu's character. The two conversations he had with Renji really give the audience a much better idea what kind of person he is. I'm not sure who mentioned it here, and I'm too lazy to dig the post up , but as that someone said...
Spoiler:

The one remains the most mysterious is still Yuko. She appeared quite some in the first tale (game), but to be honest, other than we know a very little bit about her past that... ah, I'm not going to spoil it.

Spoiler for a simple comment about this episode for now:

As usual, I will hold further discussion till the sub is out.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 15:58   Link #970
Shana

I haven't watched episode 9, just read some spoilers...

Spoiler for Maybe spoiler:

Just that, that's all.
Old 2007-12-03, 16:04   Link #971
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ What you just said hardly relates to the episode at all.
Old 2007-12-03, 16:04   Link #972
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post

Spoiler for Maybe spoiler:

Just that, that's all.
actually she didn't use that to grapple him.
She kept her lively and playful behaviour despite her distress. She only reveals her empty side AFTER.

So no, she didn't "use" that at all.
Old 2007-12-03, 16:32   Link #973
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ What you just said hardly relates to the episode at all.
I didn't say it was about the episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
actually she didn't use that to grapple him.
She kept her lively and playful behaviour despite her distress. She only reveals her empty side AFTER.

So no, she didn't "use" that at all.
Umm... okay...
Old 2007-12-03, 16:36   Link #974
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I didn't say it was about the episode
Actually, you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana
I think this certainly implies you were talking about episode 9

Hence my response to you - that nothing of what you mentioned happens in the episode. (Or has never really happened at all, going by the way you present it).
Old 2007-12-03, 17:36   Link #975
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It didn't feel to me as if Miya was trying to hook Hiro with pity...
Spoiler for ep9:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-03 at 18:00.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 20:47   Link #976
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

I wonder whats the meaning of this image
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 21:04   Link #977
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona-Kona View Post
I'm going to go with "Notice that Miyako looks really hot in this white one-piece" primarily. (Other than that, I suppose it may be an allusion to episode 8 where Yuuko is giving Miyako advice/support to free her from the bondage of her abandonment issues?)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 22:26   Link #978
HeeroX

Quote:
It didn't feel to me as if Miya was trying to hook Hiro with pity...
Spoiler for ep9:
Good point, I never thought that way, that they are the princes to save the respective girl. Each one have your anguish.
HeeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 21:38   Link #979
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Conclave-Mendoi have just released episode 9 in the h264 goodness!!

Get it while it's hot!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 21:46   Link #980
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona-Kona View Post
I'm pretty sure the captions reads something like "embrace your fate". I wonder what that has to do with Miyako in bondage...

Any one got ideas?

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft