AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-13, 02:07   Link #41
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Spoiler for Anette:

At this rate I might want to get everyone to 10 lp before getting married :P
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 02:56   Link #42
AnimeFangirl

Out of longing and desperation I just started playing the first Rune Factory again. Hey, it's better than nothing!
Old 2009-04-13, 03:41   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Spoiler for Anette:

At this rate I might want to get everyone to 10 lp before getting married :P
Well Anette...

Spoiler for Anette:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 02:52   Link #44
Xacual

I just got the game yesterday and so far its combined what I liked from Harvest Moon with interesting dungeons so I'm pretty hooked. So far I don't know if I like any of the girls yet. Mist is really weird. She volunteers me to do everything it seems. Question about romance though, is it natural for Mist to gain friendship and love so easily? I try to at least talk to all the girls and give them gifts equally at the moment but Mist seems to be way, way ahead of all the rest.

About Anette though you can also find her somedays at Erik's house. I haven't really taken note of the days though but I've seen her there at least 4 or so times(I'm around 20 days into Spring).

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:11   Link #45
AnimeFangirl

Every harvest moon, in fact every dating sim always has an "easy" girl. Just in case you don't feel like jumping hoops and turning cartwheels to get That One Girl.
Old 2009-04-15, 09:10   Link #46
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Mist gains extra LP when you till your field, so she gains LP fast. However, you can't marry her until you complete the storyline of the game. So she's in fact one of the harder girls :P
Old 2009-04-15, 11:45   Link #47
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I just got the game yesterday and so far its combined what I liked from Harvest Moon with interesting dungeons so I'm pretty hooked. So far I don't know if I like any of the girls yet. Mist is really weird. She volunteers me to do everything it seems. Question about romance though, is it natural for Mist to gain friendship and love so easily? I try to at least talk to all the girls and give them gifts equally at the moment but Mist seems to be way, way ahead of all the rest.

About Anette though you can also find her somedays at Erik's house. I haven't really taken note of the days though but I've seen her there at least 4 or so times(I'm around 20 days into Spring).
Tilling fields will increase her LP slightly, so you can cheat the system somewhat, like Till than hammer the field back to normal and till again, repeating as much as you want.

Anette is at Erik's on Wednesday and Friday IIRC, she sometimes takes a lunch break there.

Mist is awesome btw, she's so freaking weird it puts a smile on my face
Old 2009-04-15, 17:21   Link #48
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

What I love about Mist the most is when you ship out turnips..... XD Mist starts crying.
Old 2009-04-15, 22:41   Link #49
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Just checking does the English version have a Japanese voice track? Or are we stuck with an English dub >.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 23:18   Link #50
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Just checking does the English version have a Japanese voice track? Or are we stuck with an English dub >.>
Believe it or not, the english dubbing is excellent, XSeed has done a great job with the VA's. And Raguna doesn't sound like a 10 year old girl unlike his japanese counterpart....
Old 2009-04-16, 00:59   Link #51
Xacual

I haven't had really any major complaints about the voices yet in the english version either.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-04-16, 09:37   Link #52
Aaerul

I'm playing this game now, and I feel a bit purposeless. I mean yes, my ultimate goal is get-a-wife. but that's wayyy down the track right? Okay each day, I wake up, I water my crops, speak to my designated girl 3 times + give her gifts if i have any, then go to bathhouse, then enter dungeon, grind a bit. Can't progress any further in dungeon because either too hard, or can't smash rocks yet. I can't talk to the girl in the tower at the top of the floating turtle island. The door is locked.

I haven't had any 'events' occur on me for a while now. Am I missing something? Am I not playing the game correctly? Please help - I really want to like this game.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 11:24   Link #53
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
I'm playing this game now, and I feel a bit purposeless. I mean yes, my ultimate goal is get-a-wife. but that's wayyy down the track right? Okay each day, I wake up, I water my crops, speak to my designated girl 3 times + give her gifts if i have any, then go to bathhouse, then enter dungeon, grind a bit. Can't progress any further in dungeon because either too hard, or can't smash rocks yet. I can't talk to the girl in the tower at the top of the floating turtle island. The door is locked.

I haven't had any 'events' occur on me for a while now. Am I missing something? Am I not playing the game correctly? Please help - I really want to like this game.
uh.. yeah... you're doing it pretty wrong...

Just like any game, rushing is for fools. Always fight whenever possible.

Equipment is pretty key in this game, upgrade your forge with both Kross and Lute. Gather materials needed for upgrades, get upgrades and attempt more difficult dungeon and get some levels.

To get Iris on whale island to show up, after the scene where you see her watering flowers then goes into her tower. Buy some moondrop seeds from Rosetta. Take the seeds up to that small plot of land next to that tower, till it, than plant the seeds. Come back and water it everyday until the flower blooms, than you'll be able to talk to Iris. Just keep talking to Iris every night past 6pm. and give her presents. Flowers are the cheap present, but if you want to raise her FP/LP fast, give her tomato juice.

Eventually, when you go visit her again you'll get a scene where someone comes out of her house and goes through that gate that's locked.

Oh I almost forgot, for this scene to occur, make sure you talk to Mist often too, and when she mentions something about raising a strange seed/plant, go talk to her while she's watering it in the mornings.
Old 2009-04-16, 17:29   Link #54
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well I have decided that I'm going to try and marry Iris(black). Anyone got some tips. I know that you shouldn't give her Garlic as a gift. I heard an event happens when you give her it, sop does anyone know what exactly happens? Also I keep readin that you shouldn't have both Iris's have 10 LP if you want to marry one. So I could really use some tips if anyone has some.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 17:33   Link #55
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Just give her Tomato Juice, takes about 30 juices ( 1 a day ) to get one to 10 LP
Old 2009-04-16, 19:52   Link #56
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Alright thanks. DO you also know what happens when you give her garlic. I'm don't really want to risk giving it to her to find out since I don't know what It'll do.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 20:02   Link #57
Xacual

Well you can always save before doing it if you are really curious.

My question is Rune Stones, I can collect runeys and everything but I can't figure out at all how to make or get the rune stones. I've talked to just about everyone I can think of and still no luck, if it is something obvious I'm going to be pretty sad.
Other question is do boss monsters get stronger after beating them? I fought the boss of Green ruins and it was easy the first time, I came back the next day and beat it again but it almost killed me, third time the next day it destroyed me.

Old 2009-04-16, 20:14   Link #58
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Alright thanks. DO you also know what happens when you give her garlic. I'm don't really want to risk giving it to her to find out since I don't know what It'll do.
Oh her LP will drop if you give her garlic, but if you give her garlic for the first time you get an interesting scene.

Quote:
Well you can always save before doing it if you are really curious.

My question is Rune Stones, I can collect runeys and everything but I can't figure out at all how to make or get the rune stones. I've talked to just about everyone I can think of and still no luck, if it is something obvious I'm going to be pretty sad.
Other question is do boss monsters get stronger after beating them? I fought the boss of Green ruins and it was easy the first time, I came back the next day and beat it again but it almost killed me, third time the next day it destroyed me.
Candy, the cute little loli is the one that makes Rune Stones and other Runey related stuff. Just say "I brought some Runey's" and you'll have the option.

Bosses get stronger the 2nd time you fight them, and after you complete the story, the bosses get stronger a final time
Old 2009-04-16, 20:38   Link #59
Xacual

Thanks, now I just have to find her, still getting used to everyone's summer spots.

Old 2009-04-16, 21:03   Link #60
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Thanks, now I just have to find her, still getting used to everyone's summer spots.
Candy is very easy, She's either at Marco's House ( The Blacksmith ) or Her room. If not at either She's at the beach. On holidays shes in front of the pond near Mists house.

I find that the easiest way to get to people is to go talk to them first thing in the morning before they start moving along their daily business. Although you need high enough friend points to knock on their doors.