AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 01:00   Link #21
mit7059

I don't know if they're totally 180 degree mindfucks but these two series have total shifts in tone from the beginning to the end:
Futakoi Alternative - starts very silly and light hearted, does not end that way
Planetes - changes from a slice of life to pretty much a suspense drama

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2010-02-22, 08:50   Link #22
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Futakoi Alternative, the show with the most misleading OP EVER. That being said I loved it.

I'll give Planetes a try.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:18   Link #23
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Mai-HiME, maybe? It starts as a comedy with elements of fantasy and romance, then something happens, and it becomes really dark. That something doesn't happen because of the main character, but she is involved.
Mai-hime is all you need. totally. trust me.
Old 2011-12-31, 01:49   Link #24
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Now 2 years later I'm still far from having seen all those shows. However I'd like to update my shows a bit so I'd like to know if there are any (more or less) recent shows that would fit into this category.
Old 2011-12-31, 02:06   Link #25
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Clannad I guess. It's romantic then massive drama (it makes you cry like again and again) then mind fucking....well the "ball of light probably"
Old 2011-12-31, 02:25   Link #26
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'd say Steins;gate should definitely fit, it starts off being a little serious at times with lots of more comedy/normal times, until a certain event happens because of the main character's actions, to someone he cares about. Which causes the series to become more dark and serious tone to show in the series.

More iffy, but Mawaru Penguindrum might also fit, though it starts off mysteriously enough with having some comedy/SoL times before the drama/mind screwing begins truly after certain events unfold, so I am not sure it counts (Madoka Magica would be in a similar boat of not sure if it counts do to mysterious feel to it from the start, so not sure about suggesting it).
MAL
Old 2011-12-31, 08:50   Link #27
kitten320

I'm not sure if it really counts but how about Berserk? It has a lot of action and blood from the start but the thing is that the group of bandits are very friendly with each other, everything goes great for them, they are rising to the top until... and everything falls apart... The whole problem starts closer to the end.

Clannad will do too, especially second season.

If you don't mind this turn of events right at the beginning then you can try Deadman Wonderland.

Ga-Rei Zero has it in 3 stages... you are WTF from the start, then things go into flashback mode to pleasant days where you see the build up to first 2 episodes. Some WTF moments in between.

Stein;Gate was quiet light for the first 12 episodes and then BAM! The whole world got mad for the main hero.
Old 2012-01-05, 08:59   Link #28
NeoChan
Banned

All I can think of is Clannad AS. The moments where somebody has to pass away living her husband and struggling for a cruel faith awaiting for them...but wonderful ending at last!
Old 2012-01-05, 18:15   Link #29
Shingai-san

I see that you still haven't seen Narutaru. It's the biggest mind fuck manga ever written. The anime isn't as out there though.

Ararararagi
Closed Thread